PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Birmingham-7
Thread: Birmingham-7
View Single Post
Old 1st Feb 2018, 07:38
ATNotts

Received 298 Likes on 168 Posts
True but is this not a failing of market research?
Very possibly, but if you ask people how likely they might be to travel to a particular destination in the next year, the answers available would be something like "very likely", "likely", "neither likely or unlikely", "unlikely" or "very unlikely". Asked in that order the bias is proven to be towards the "likely" end of the spectrum. Asked in reverse order, there will be a greater tendency towards unlikely. Point being that market research isn't necessarily a great tool to use in isolation. Neither, for that matter is social media.

I think if I was trying to flog Boston I'd have been inclined to sign up a package operator, or offer my own packages to the New England area, especially so for the autumn season to help bolster sales as the summer season falls away.

It may well be that Primera will try again in 2019, when they've got a year under their belts, and a fleet that is delivered and working. With the benefit of market experience they may then stand a better chance of making BOS work. Of course it's not just about making BOS work from UK, it's about making Central England work from Boston - probably a harder task.