PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - A Singapore Sojourn
View Single Post
Old 1st Feb 2018, 03:34
LeadSled

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
A Singapore Sojourn

Folks,
I hear a (well found but still a) rumour that CASA head, Shane Carmody is on a junket to the Singapore Air Show.

Given the state of GA in Australia, and other pressing and really critical aviation problems in Australia, I really do wonder, if it is true, if such a junket is a good use of the time of Mr. Carmody.

If the rumour is true, are our fuel levies and/or other tax dollars paying??

I wonder if his Minister, the Deputy PM, Barnaby Joyce, a "no-nonsense" Minister if there ever was one, would approve of such a trip.

Perhaps a useful thing to do on such a trip would be to take the opportunity to take a look at the commendably simple, straightforward, modern and efficient aviation "rules and regulations" Singapore has put in place, making Singapore hyper-competitive on the aviation stage.

Along with NZ and Canada, a truly "model" legislative framework to encourage and promote the aviation sector, hand in hand with advanced risk management (safety).

And virtually 100% ICAO compliant.

With the aviation businesses attracted to Singapore as a result, and don't kid yourself about wage levels in the Republic of Singapore, costs of employment are high, but so is productivity.

In contrast to the cost, complexity and rigidity of the CASA "reformed" regulations, that have already largely put Australia out of business, aviation maintenance wise, domestically and internationally, and with the upcoming Part 135 likely to be the final nail in the coffin of what little remains of GA "charter".

Tootle pip!!

Last edited by LeadSled; 1st Feb 2018 at 03:36. Reason: typo