PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - What a crazy excuse for a career?
View Single Post
Old 31st Jan 2018, 17:15
Kelly Hopper

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
What a crazy excuse for a career?

I have just been looking at career opportunities on the BBC website. WOW! Why would anyone consider spending upwards of £100k for an utterly instable, abusive, piss taking excuse for a career in aviation? My experience extends to a multitude of airlines and executive jet operators that are simply interested in taking the maximum piss from you for the minimum reward. The ever ongoing argument is that "it is better than sitting in an office, 9-5". This I never understood as if that is the only option to flying?
Just as an example the BBC have 20 pages of vacancies of all sorts of interesting positions that no doubt would pay more than a livable wage with benefits I could only dream of? (Never had a pension even offered to me!) WTF are you wannabies thinking? There are a multitude of great jobs out there where you are made to feel valued, paid well, and given a huge range of benefits aircrew don't even know exist! Or you could mortgage your life away to sit in boredom with the axe of redundancy hanging over your head your whole "career?" CAREER?