PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Mid-air collision between EMS helicopter and light fixed wing in southern Germany
Old 29th Jan 2018, 14:51
rotorrookie

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
the FW involved in this accident was a PA-28 Cherokee.

I have few hours in one of those and I always hated it for limited forward down view, see in the video I linked.
Knowing one of the pilots on the EC-135 and flew with him few times in formation involving 2 or 3 helicopters I know he had very good situational awareness and was very precautious pilot. RIP Chris

I think part of the problem of more frequent near misses or mid-air collisions lately is due to lack in radio/communication professionalism or discipline.
At least in my part of the world, and we have had more of these reports coming in and I've had more of incidents or almost incident in the last 2-3 years than in the 15 years before.
Is it because we have children that where trained by children that are teaching children to fly today? .... little or no experience is begin passed on.
At least today I try to avoid small fixed wing traffic in the air more than ever before.