PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British airways-2
View Single Post
Old 27th Jan 2018, 22:05
wiggy

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Getting boarding passes confused/conflated with tickets in posts isn’t helping resolve this, they are different documents. A boarding pass/card is not a ticket and and on the subject of confusion remember the gate staff are not the cabin crew. Bearing those two points in mind the following is how it should work at BA:

1. At the gate for any service the ground staff will want to see your boarding pass plus ID.

2. At the aircraft door the cabin crew will only want to see your boarding pass if you are travelling on a Long Haul flight, a Mid Haul flight, and on some selected short haul services....

Now maybe mik3bravo only flies on those services, and so is indeed always producing his pass. However those travelling on the vast majority of services not covered by that requirement, i.e. the vast majority of BA short haul flights, would not expect to have to show the cabin crew their boarding pass.....it is not required.

Like many others here I travel on BA short haul as a passenger several times times a month and I haven’t had to produce a boarding pass at the door for several years.

Now as far as tickets go....they are issued for each booking in an electronic form but as a paper document they are pretty much redundant and I haven’t needed one at check for in years, the ground staff there aren’t interested as long as you have an ID and your booking matches the “system”.

Last edited by wiggy; 27th Jan 2018 at 22:26.