PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - FO removed from BA Flight
View Single Post
Old 27th Jan 2018, 15:21
split system breaker

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
As a member of SLF, paying up to £100 for an airline ticket, I am fully entitled to expect and demand 100% concentration from pilots at the peak of their abilities.

Pre-flight simulator checks are a start, as are mandatory alcohol and drug tests, and I suggest a short interview with a specially trained mental health professional before every flight. However, this does not address the issue of pilots making lifestyle choices which may have a negative effect on their abilities; and therefore my safety - I think you’ll agree this is utterly unacceptable.

I suggest that pilots should be forced to wear an activity tracker and body camera for at least the preceding 48 hours before every flight. Also every stool should be sampled for evidence of unhealthy or unbalanced diet.

Personal relationships must be subject to external examination and approval, and any sexual activity carefully monitored.

Then, and only then, would I be confidently prepared to put my safety in their hands.

I realise there is a cost implication to all this, but I am sure most pilots would be happy to pay for this themselves, representing as it does a small price to pay for the benefit of having people like myself as their passengers.