PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - FO removed from BA Flight
View Single Post
Old 26th Jan 2018, 22:52
Hussar 54

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by roving
This is a useful article. Apologies if it has already been posted. It addresses many of the issues raised here including some EU countries having to relax their zero tolerance laws to accommodate pilots from other EU countries with less strict requirements.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...-alcohol-limit

Not commenting one way or the other, but one November afternoon, about 10 years ago, I was in LYS waiting for a delayed flight to LHR.

Delay of a couple of hours, so I thought I'd have a stroll around the terminal to kill time and, being November and Beaujolais Nouveau week and all that that means in that part of the world, I'd go and have a glass or two in the temporary bar erected landside in Terminal 1 for a week or so specifically for sampling that year's crop.

I'd just got started on the second glass when I was suddenly pushed in the back and spilled quite a bit on the floor. Turning around to see who / what was the cause, I suddenly was face-to-face with two glass holding, smiling and very apologetic gents wearing IB uniforms and ID tags - one with four stripes and the other with three stripes on their shoulders.

Of course, they might have just dismbarked and were on their way to a HOTAC somewhere, but if they were they'd obviously forgotten about and left their overcoats and baggage on their just arrived aircraft...