PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Birmingham-7
Thread: Birmingham-7
View Single Post
Old 26th Jan 2018, 22:47
Centre cities

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Primera

The Primera website has been updated from yesterday and shows 4 New York per week from the 24 June and 3 per week to Toronto from the 23 June.

This would indicate the aircraft present from the 23 June.

The New York flights on the other 3 days have been removed as suspected by the route watchers as they were already changed to a prevent booking fare. I would imagine that the alternate will be a day before or after departure, refund or a flight from Stansted.

Toronto still shows as unchanged.

Boston is removed with no flights listed. A refund, change destination or Stansted seem to be the options.

Also worrying is that the Paris and Stansted flights now show to December but BHX does not. At the moment it is a short season of summer only flights, the end of June to the end of October. .

The flight TCAS had been booked on have been showing preventative high fares for some time and were at risk.

Although Stansted and Paris seem to be the priority the Primera web site allows viewing of the seat maps. I have checked Toronto until the end of August and contrary to some posts saying that Stansted and Paris are selling better that BHX is not born out by the seat maps. Stansted and Birmingham seat maps show similar allocated seat sales and both appear to be better than Paris which has several flights showing no bookings. The Birmingham and Stansted bookings considering the time before the service commences look OK.

I would hope that having changed the web site schedule that they are confident of operating from the end of June, otherwise it would have been changed at this time.

The New York flights prior to the end of June are still showing as before 4 low fares and 3 high fares per week. If I was booked on one of these flights prior to the end of June I would not be surprised to receive an email otherwise the aircraft will be operating 4 flights per week.

Fingers crossed it is sorted.