PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - FO removed from BA Flight
View Single Post
Old 24th Jan 2018, 00:30
wiggy

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
I’m sure like most members of the general public I have no idea what you’re talking about. EASA FTL - hocus pocus to me.............

.I’m frankly astonished that you might feel it’s ok to have a few bevvies the night before taking control of a passenger aircraft. I really am..
Put it like this.....which do you think honestly think is more detrimental to performance:

1. A pilot having one small beer in an evening more than 8 hours before a morning report or two glasses of wine or two beers with dinner the day before an evening report 24 hours hence.

Or:

2. A sequence of short haul 12 hour multi sector duty days, or operating the back end a long haul two pilot sector, having not slept for perhaps 24 hours?

For the avoidance of any doubts I don’t think any of the professional crew posting here are condoning pushing the legal and company limits on alcohol, but they do get frustrated when some people’s supposed concern for safety appears so one track/single issue. I’d actually be fine with having to “blow” at every report...as long as the authorities/airlines also have you doing a fatigue test of some sort at the same time....which will never happen.

(Edit to add: I’d like to enter this post as evidence. Some may have realised it has taken me at least 5 or 6 goes to get it right. I’ve not touched a drop of booze in several days, but have just got back from a longhaul rotation, had naff all sleep in 24 hours, and it’s now 3 AM local and I’m ***** awake. I should have gone to the pub earlier....)

Last edited by wiggy; 24th Jan 2018 at 00:54.