PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Birmingham-7
Thread: Birmingham-7
View Single Post
Old 23rd Jan 2018, 18:02
GayFriendly

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Primera

So I've just been scrolling through my Facebook news feed and Primera pop up with an advert promoting 50,000 seats on sale for Summer 18 from today from BHX to New York, Toronto.....and Boston!

Right hand doesn't seem to know what the left hand is doing. Apparently seats running out fast, so book now. Smacks of being a little desperate and wholly inaccurate in case of Boston.

I'm normally a staunch supporter of new routes and airlines starting at BHX but cannot get excited about this outfit. Whatever the reasons behind it and whether Primera partially caused the withdrawal of UA etc. or were lured in by BHX in response to UA etc. withdrawing, this could be bad news for BHX. They can't be blamed for snapping Primeras hand off for the offer of TATL flights but the fallout from these flights either not operating, delayed in starting and with constant frequency and schedule changes will seriously affect bookings, passenger confidence and the viability of all the planned routes

Shame, a brave move by BHX that could be a masterstroke in gaining a new slice of the TATL market but equally could end up as a PR disaster through no fault of their own. Time will tell.