PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - OH You New York Girls....Can't You Dance The Polka!
Old 23rd Jan 2018, 17:42
Lonewolf_50

Received 420 Likes on 262 Posts
crab: it's easier to laugh at a mistake when nobody got hurt, see the title of the thread. Light hearted is OK. Our safety center used to publish the mishap of the week messages with a wry sense of humor ingrained.

On the serious side there seem to me to be two CRM issues to address or learn from.

1. Both pilots up front having a grasp of their TW clearance and the area they were taxiing in, which I am going to guess was an unfamiliar field for them.

2. Pilot to crewman briefing on tail clearance in unfamiliar field, in terms of 'heads up' calls ... (A friend of mine once ran his tail rotor into a fence at an unfamiliar field, 80's, and our wing put out a pretty extensive 'lessons learned' file on that issue a few weeks later).

That's my takeaway from only having that video as evidence, having flown that config of helicopter, and not being privy to any other material.

Quite frankly, the tone of a few of your posts has bordered on 'up on a high horse' but that doesn't get me all wound up since I've been enjoying your contributions for some years here on Rotorheads.
I know the quality of the messenger.