PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - OH You New York Girls....Can't You Dance The Polka!
Old 23rd Jan 2018, 12:40
SASless

Received 518 Likes on 216 Posts
The aircraft lost a tail wheel, no rotor blades hit anything, the aircraft received some relatively minor damage, no one got hurt, and no other property, aircraft got damaged, and no people got hurt or killed.

Crab....when you find yourself in a hole....the immediate action in self rescue is to simply quit digging.

Put down your shovel.

Ask yourself the question: If it had been an RAF SAR Sea King....would I have said what I did the way I did in tone and manner?

We all know the answer so you do not have to tell us what your answer to yourself is.

I for one, found the video to have some real value for humor (particularly as no one got hurt).

To consider what the Handling Pilot was thinking as He called for the Shut Down Checklist and had to remark that they could omit any action re the Tail Wheel Lock....well, that makes me laugh out loud.

I don't care which service or operator the aircraft belonged to as anyone of us could make such a mistake or something similar.