PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Birmingham-7
Thread: Birmingham-7
View Single Post
Old 22nd Jan 2018, 19:54
Centre cities

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Primera and Summer 18

With regard to Primera if the New York and Toronto operate at 4 and 3 per week that would not be a disaster for BHX as it puts the two lost destinations on the network. There does need however to be a guarantee that these flights will operate as presently scheduled. The high booking season is approaching.

Looking at the Boston seat maps not many passengers will be displaced by the delay/cancellation to these flights. Will these flights operate from September, at the moment any ones guess but not a good time to start Boston.

The schedule really needs to reflect what is going to operate, The flights at ridiculous expensive amounts should be removed if not operating.

Now Christmas is over and the next pay packet is due to arrive people will be looking to the summer holidays and the schedule really needs to be sorted.

By June 6 aircraft would be needed to operate the full schedule. With the apparent BHX reductions that would be 5. Will they have 5 aircraft suitable for North America by June.

If they do not what else will be cut. I suppose it boils down to Boston from Stansted/Paris or BHX and I know which one my money would be on.

On a separate note was just mulling over some of the destinations that will be missing from the departure boards this year.

Reykjavik, Lisbon, Rotterdam, Luxembourg, Toulouse, Gibraltar, Athens and Valencia to name a few.

On the positive side. Antwerp and that is about it.