PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - FO removed from BA Flight
View Single Post
Old 22nd Jan 2018, 01:02
parabellum
Nemo Me Impune Lacessit

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
A rather silly assumption there T250, had the police not been immediately involved at LGW then the CAA would have had the option to prosecute and history tells us they most certainly would have. For all I know it was BA who called the police but if, as suggested, it was employees acting on their own initiative then I think the matter should have, as far as possible in the first instance, been handled internally but not, in any way, covered up, just different channels. Armed police, handcuffs, physically removed, splattered all over the media wasn't very 'innocent until proven guilty' to me, more like a terrorist apprehension. The outcome, if the FO was unfit through alcohol consumption, is inevitable, his career is all but over, regardless of any prosecution.

I see your location indicates that you are not from the UK. Maybe you should study our Air Navigation Order: Part 10: Chapter 1 'Prohibited Behaviour'.
Born and bread in the UK, British ATPL plus several other countries too!
Obliged to retire in 2001 due to a stupid rule that enforced retirement at age 60.