PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - What EK incidents resuted in firing
View Single Post
Old 20th Jan 2018, 22:38
JammedStab

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re-posted with important added words which have been highlighted.

Originally Posted by my salami
JammedStab,
Does your Company release ASR info to public audience?
I don't think so...

MS
Just because your or my company doesn't release info doesn't mean that you, yourself could save many lives by anonomously posting safety critical info.

Having said that, would it change your mind? I don't think so either.

By coincidence, subsequent to the 777 crash in Dubai, it came out through the rumour mill that my company had had a similar incident prior to the Dubai crash. Nearly had a tailstrike but got away with it by inches, then the thrust was manually added. My company kept it a secret(as it involved a higher up) and I only heard about it many months later. Imagine if we on this thread ended this idea of the importance of secrecy over safety(even if the company continues the secrecy) and provided information to each other to prevent disasters. The secrecy method means we only learn from disasters with the published report as opposed to the similar incidents that pre-dated the disaster. It might have prevented the disaster at your company. I hope you can help prevent one at my company.

Seems like secrecy rules on this thread among the general population though. Perhaps they feel it is more important.