PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Airnorth Cancellng Flights
View Single Post
Old 17th Jan 2018, 02:29
Flyboy1987

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by ViPER_81
So what's the solution then? With the known shortage of GA jobs in Australia for fresh CPL's to bridge the experience gap, where is this experience going to come from?

Do we accept that the majority of new CPL's in Australia will have to go overseas to get the GA experience? Or accept that Australia is just incapable of fostering new pilots and that the majority of Airline jobs, regional and mainline will have to come from overseas?
I’m in GA, all my friends are in GA. We are all “stuck” in GA.
I understand general aviation may not be what it was 20 years ago, but it still exists. There is no shortage of us with multi ifr that can’t seem to quite get out of ga and into an airline.
The problem is for a few of us, we don’t seem to be what HR want up the front of their aircraft. Maybe we answered a “how does that make you feel” question wrong? We have all the hour requirements, the school marks, the atpls, but the hr recruiters with all their aviation wisdom seem to think they know better.
In the past 12 months Airnorth have turned down 2 good friends of mine, that were well known great guys in ga in the NT...they are now doing command training with a much larger regional operator in Aus.