PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Smart Aviation Poland
View Single Post
Old 16th Jan 2018, 21:20
Porcellino

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well I just finished my skill test CPL/ME and IR this weekend, overall I'm happy with the training I had and with what I learned, specially the IR part, instructors were very good and I felt very prepared for my IR skill test.
I'm starting the MCC course tomorrow in the same Sim I did the IR training, and with same instructor.
It also helped, as I mentioned in another post, that poznan airport is a very good place to practice approaches, plus there's an airport 30 minutes away that is close to operations most of the day, but it can still be use to practice VOR and ILS. ATC are very good handling traffic.
I did some approaches at Lodz and it is very busy, plus the fact that there's taxyway at only one end of the runway makes it even slower since you have to taxi back most of the time.
Prices are very good if you compare with everything else around. Specially that Alsim ALX sim, it's a bargain for MCC and IR.

One thing I would recommend, no because of the academy but as a personal preference, is to do PPL with a non glass cockpit.
Thats the way I did it, with an old PA28 at AAA in San Diego. The reason why I say this is because I've seen students from PPL getting to comfortable with the glass cockpit instrument, and actually ignoring the fact that there are stand-by ASI, AI, and a compass right in the middle of the windshield .

There's a new twin by February and a new IR/ME instructor, which I believe will help to suffice the high demand of the actual twin in operation.