PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Virgin Australia recruitment
View Single Post
Old 15th Jan 2018, 06:47
ElZilcho

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
Originally Posted by "Littlebird"
ElZilcho - I admire your optimism. So it seems seniority works OK unless you're on the ATR where it doesn't.
Let's examine the wide body command scenario if you're on the props.
1. 5-7 years on the ATR
2. 10 + yrs 737 FO
3. 5 + yrs 737 CAPT

That's 20 years as a minimum before you're a skipper on the 330 or 777. Then you've got the earlier retirement age due to the role. Also remember that VAA has only around 10 widebody aircraft in total.
All the best.
L.B
Oh yea, there's no doubt it's a long wait to the LHS of a Jet, but my question was more to do with promotion based on seniority.

In the above scenario, compare 2 Pilots starting on the 737. Pilot A was on the ATR for 5-7 years while Pilot B was an external hire. Does Pilot A have a Seniority number 5-7 years ahead of Pilot B due to their time in VARA, or do they both get similar numbers when joining the Jets?

Honest question as I have no clue how Seniority works at Virgin. If my years as a Link Pilot counted towards my Jet Seniority I never would of left to fly Jets externally and would be 6 years higher up the list. Since that wasn't the case, I had no reservations about leaving the group.