PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - 2017 for Kenya Airways
View Single Post
Old 10th Jan 2018, 11:20
254HEAVY

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Jambo JFK

No longer a rumour but a fact now. From Oct this year the carrier will be flying directly to JFK! Tickets go on sale Thursday 01/11/18! Very bold for the carrier to go solo without the other JV partners. Not sure if it’s a good thing given that they haven’t got all the paper work sorted.

The other JV partners can make loud noises which inturn hurts K.A inaugural flight with more delays. Furthermore I don’t think K.A will go solo for a long time. Most likely by Oct the other JV partners would have sort it out. I can only hope they not gonna force a sore deal to K.A due to loss of revenue in their balance sheet mainly KLM/AirFrance.

So 15hrs flight time to JFK so that means 4 pilots. 3 will be a bit of a stretch! My question is do they have enough pilots, airframes, PAX (Cargo yes) ready for the route. I can only hope they will start bringing back the T7’s. Ferrying 234 pax to America on a 15hr journey wouldn’t cut the mustard!

Bear in mind Rwandair are also looking to commence Kigali-JFK by end of this year! Rumours has it they are working on acquiring A350-900 to be used for the route.