PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Internet Connection Oddity
View Single Post
Old 9th Jan 2018, 14:47
Lyneham Lad

Received 21 Likes on 13 Posts
Could be a number of things, DHCP error causing only the IP address for the radio to be valid not the others, DNS error but the radio uses a different DNS, all sorts.
When previously there was an addressing problem, the WiFi symbol in the top menu bar in my MacBook indicated it was searching. Not the case this morning, the symbol showed a firm connection, as did the other items.

Is it all connected by wifi, or do any of the things connect with ethernet cables?
Don't think it would be a capacity problem as there was only my wife's PC and my MacBook actively accessing the Internet (well, apart from the radio). My iPad and iPhone were connected to the router but not really active. In an evening we can be accessing Prime and Netflix on two TV's whilst laptop etc are still active, without any capacity issues.

Basically I don't see it as a problem between computers etc & the router, but something between router and TalkTalk. (We have their 37Mb/s fibre as far as the local distribution box about 150 - 200m away at the end of the road, then copper to the house).