PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - What are newbees supposed to do?
View Single Post
Old 19th Sep 2003, 18:07
TheHustler

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I think it depends on demand and supply like someone said, when the pilot market picks up and there is a strong demand for pilots, the surely low hour pilots will get considered too!
The key i reckon to gettting your foot in the door are what i call the 3 " P's ".........Persistence, Persistence, Persistence!!!
Most games are won with persistence, and not just pilot employment!
Just keep sending your CV every month on a revolving basis to all the airlines, but a lot of low hour pilots dont normally start off with the major airlines anyway do they ie; with the likes of Airtours, Easyjet, BA etc, i think its best to get on the first rung of the ladder byt targeting smaller 30-50 seat passenger carrying arilines suck as Manx, brymon, erm ...Jersey European etc, or cargo flying airlines like Emerald. If i had a CPL/IR frozen ATPL id be targeting these guys with CV's fone calls and personal visits etc etc until they got sick of me!
then, although not the most glamourous jobs/destinations for pilots, ie Isle of man routes etc, you are building hours (about 400 per year) if you are lucky to get a job!

be Persistent!

bounjour
xx

Also forgot to mention, theres a lot of talk in the wannabes forums about newly qualified pilots/ wannabes seeking jobs straight away with the big airlines, and when they are not successful with selection/ interviews etc they become dis-illusioned as to why this is.
What not a lot of people mention though, is that its better to start lower down, build hours etc, then step up later.

bonjour