PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Jet dives to avoid another plane; 4 are hurt
Old 19th Sep 2003, 18:02
Pontious

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool

On the contrary Ignition Override and B SoUsa oh, and Baterprat

The vast majority of the Iraqi's probably think that they've swapped one set of murdering bastards for another. It just goes to show that when it comes to winning the hearts and minds of a conqered nation, the U.S. military has learned nothing since the My Lai massacre. I mean,guys, when you got to Baghdad, what was the first major facility to be secured by the invading forces? The City Hospital?, The Power Distribution Network? The Water Supply system? Saddam's Houses and Palaces? The various and numerous Military HQ's? NO!! It was the Iraqi Oil Ministry! And they wonder why the Iraqi's and the Rest of the World are suspicious of their motives!!!

Anyway back to the thread....
A little feedback from the "guests" concerning results of the investigations of airspace and separation violaters would go a long way to restoring confidence in their abilities. Since this thread began, I've contacted a few friends and former colleagues who now investigate these incidents in the UKCAA and MoD(albeit somewhat restricted by the "guests") and one frightening re-occuring theme is that the"guests" never seem to initiate avoiding action.The main defence that keeps re-appearing in the statements read is
"...we didn't see them on radar.."
What ever happened to Mark1 Eyeball and listening to ATC?
One "consolation" is that apparently it's even worse on the continent.

As for the Beach Fly-by...
"IT'S AGAINST THE F*****G RULES!!!!" So what part of "IT'S AGAINST THE F*****G RULES!!!"is not getting through to you,Boys and Girls?