PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Public sector pensions.
View Single Post
Old 8th Jan 2018, 21:25
Hot 'n' High

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts
Steady on chaps/chapesses! We are all caught by this so why are we having a go at each other?

ShyTorque et al, the reason why the rules differ if you live in the UK or abroad is v simple.

If you pay people increasing benefits who live in the UK where, in the main, does that money go? Ans:- I know there will be exceptions but, generally, straight back into the UK economy which generates more employment, taxes etc, etc, etc back into the Treasury. If you pay increasing benefits to pensioners domiciled abroad that money then goes into those foreign economies. How does that benefit HMG?

And we all know politicos/HMRC work out to the next 3 years max and to hell with the longer term. (Danny42 picked that up at Post #3 realising it is a Ponzi scheme) so they don’t look at “costs” also moving abroad. That “cost” will all take place long after the current politicos have retired!

OK, simplistic/cynical macro-economics from an “economics nerd” I know … but you can see why they do it. It is a plot to keep the dosh today in the UK in the short term. Endex!

On a lighter side….

I just love Melchett01’s logic!!!!!! How brilliant is that as a “retirement goal”. Sadly, I think anyone under, say, 30(?) today will never achieve that.

On a darker side…

Sadly, a bit like tdracer, I bet the day compulsory euthanasia at age 65 or 70 will be voted in by our kids/grandkids is not too far away! To be honest, I have no idea how they could afford not to! The little swine!!!