PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - What EK incidents resuted in firing
View Single Post
Old 6th Jan 2018, 13:06
BANANASBANANAS

Received 116 Likes on 57 Posts
Yep, all good fun back in the day.

I can see how a certain amount of common sense has had to be applied to some of the more 'exotic' practices but I do feel the pendulum has swung back way too far in the other direction.

We live our professional lives now treading on eggshells, being super mindful of everything we say and do lest some uber sensitive poor soul might, god forbid, be offended and leap on the opportunity to report us. In the process, it has taken away most of the reasons I joined this industry and I really can't wait for the day when I can put the sad state this industry has descended into, behind me.

The frustrating thing is that 99.9% of the people I fly with are all great and would, I am sure, have fitted right in, 'back in the day.' But, we are, as is usual nowadays, running scared of the politically correct minority. And I don't think the world is a better place today than it was 40 years ago, despite all this political correctness.

Maybe one day, genuine common sense, airmanship, manners, courtesy, respect and fun etc will come back in fashion.

Or maybe I have just turned into a grumpy old man!

Last edited by BANANASBANANAS; 6th Jan 2018 at 14:38.