PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Jet Airways pilot has licence suspended after “assaulting” another pilot on London-M
Old 5th Jan 2018, 15:22
pax britanica

Received 48 Likes on 21 Posts
I think the usual clamour to sack people is very inappropriate here. leaving aside the reporting-which these days is pretty much the same worldwide but for a few quality papers what do people on here expect a female to do if male colleague, hits them.
If there was a third crew member I think she did the right thing by leaving the flight deck-she would have been shocked and frightened and I dont suppose in any state to exercise her duties until things stabilised .
Women do tend to cry more easily than men but are often tougher when it comes to dealing with pain and I dont see that female pilots should have sitting still and getting hit in the face by the other pilot as part of the necessary 'right stuff' for doing the job.

I think she acted very sensibly-leave the flight deck /place of conflict which could have escalated, let things calm down, recover her wits and assurance and go back and get on with her job.

As for the guy who hit her-well there would have to be some pretty serious extenuating circumstances for him to keep his job-pretty much anywhere hitting a colleague is likely to end in dismissal even in an office let alone on the flight deck of a triple seven.