PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - To all Dick dislikers...
View Single Post
Old 19th Sep 2003, 05:56
SM4 Pirate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
sore toes?

2b1,

Sorry, you need to understand context.

CASA has stated that US system is safer, we are not getting their system! That's my point. If we were, bring it on, you are beleiving the bad PR.

The US model is safer, why? Terminal airspace, statistically is safer; because most of the terminal airspace is call B. and has Transponder and radio vails. Are we getting that? Control towers, with radars at most RPT destinations, etc.

Enroute airspace statistics is reversed; Enroute here is safer, than the US system. Why because less Class 'E'; which is statistically less safe than Class 'C'.

This phase is giving us the worst of both possible combinations; no change to the less safe Terminal areas; which CASA says is less safe, combined with lots of change to the enroute areas which is already safer...

This is why I think this sucks, not because it isn't safe, it's because it is less safe, and doesn't save money... So why do it? The money isn't real, the big boys say more costs, the provider ASA says more costs, more cost to them equals more costs to users and customers, who benefits from that other than consolidated revenue?

PS I'm not a regional... keep fishing...

Bottle of Rum