PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Mustang down in Germany....
View Single Post
Old 3rd Jan 2018, 20:03
Trim Stab

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by CL300
If you had flown the mustang, you would like to keep flaps up in icing conditions, at least until WELL established on final descent, and until this moment it is an absolute minimum of 160 Kias...
This aircraft does not like ice at all..T tail, de-icing sequence every two minutes and asymmetrical...well recipe for success..

It was the point I was making- C510 with high T-tail and boots is an ICTS trap.it was you who decided to announce that C510 is "flaps zero until landing". I have actually flown the C510 a great deal - obviously you haven't - because you don't seem to have read the AFM link which I gave you.

It does seem they lost control at the glide intercept - there is no indication at all so far that they even took TO/APR flaps at that point.For me personally that would be too early - I would normally take TO/APR at about 5nm, and LANDING about 3nm. I just suggested that the point they crashed could feasibly have been when they might have taken TO/APR flaps. All we can say for certain is that is about where (had they been flying on AP - which would be normal) the AP would be trimming forwards...