PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - To all Dick dislikers...
View Single Post
Old 19th Sep 2003, 03:52
snarek

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Between the NAS lines.

Reading (with interest) this tooing and froing I am beginning to form a scary opinion.

It seems, to me at least, that in the sentiment expressed above, there are members of a certain group, who for brevity I shall call 'regionals', who think they should have all the say in uncontrolled airspace.

I am further surmising that this gaggle of 'regionals' feel GA should just get out of their way.

Now this is dangerous and could be expensive. I operate from a regional airport. Whenever a 'regional' comes in we ALWAYS do the right thing and extend (or whatever) so they can get in and out as quickly (and thus cheaply) as possible. Not the law (and it never will be) but courtesy? yes, also though an important part of keeping the profit margins where you 'regionals' stay viable.

Now, should one or two of you (I am loath to paint all 'regionals' with the same brush) so p!ss GA off to the extend an enimity forms, your safety, timetables and profitability could suffer as you are told to "get st^ffed, slow down and join the circuit!", then possibly, there go your jobs!!!!.

So those of you who THINK you have some sort of priority, and those of you who know a fool who thinks this, sit down, do some naval gazing and work out where the political lobbying power is.

As for NAS, the sooner the better, I am here in LA at the moment and, apart from cr@p visibility, the system works fine and me n my bugsmasher get the same priority as a white rat jumbo

wooohooo!!!

AK