PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - NT C210
Thread: NT C210
View Single Post
Old 3rd Jan 2018, 01:14
The Wawa Zone

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
Framer, yes Flying Bear has but he sounds like he is an instructor of some sort so he would have done a course which would have taught a bit of how to at least act normal. We both know what the rest of GA (and above) is like.

Back to this accident, yes consider Va but also consider flying off the edge of the Vn diagram due wandering into Wx-related turbulence, which I suggest is the case here. I took the CAR219 solution further and looked up the CASA manuals on AOC certification (AOCM) and enforcement (Enforcement Manual EM and Surveillance Manual SM) to see to what level CASA expects AOC holders to currently conform to CAR219. The AOCM has a fleeting mention and the rest of the range of documents and instruments don't even mention it. Unlike the long-dead ASSP, the EM and SM don't hold anyone including CASA to any particular standard, hence no one including CASA can ever be criticised.
Therefore I'd suggest that nothing is going to change, CAR219 won't get mentioned in anything other than the NT Coroner's Report and then only if 'someone' pushes it. The closest we'll get to a CAR219 solution to this entrenched problem is the current default of an existing company pilot perhaps with no instructional experience, no multicrew experience and without any training plan, flying 'ICUS' with a new pilot on what is effectively reduced to a series of area familiarisation flights. That, despite Framer's esky and Bear's seminars, is why every few years someone will fall out of a big black cloud in bits.