PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Sponsored Training - Suggestions?
View Single Post
Old 19th Sep 2003, 01:23
Zimbu

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
BA Sponsoring again....

.....I doubt it!

Lets face it people, they ain´t gonna be offering what was the golden ticket again; and I very much doubt any such opportunities will come up again....

...Apart from the obvious CTC thing that people get excited about, even though its more or less the same as spending a load of cash you dont have in the hope of an airline providing you with a right hand seat! (Apart from the VERY LUCKY FEW...the chances are thats not you!)

From the looks of things here, there are too many people who can´t seem to face facts that the days of jumping straight into an airline job are gone.....and its just a case of joining the rat race with all the other ATPL wannabes out there. I mean look at the number of pilots on this site with their ATPLs and type ratings who haven´t got a job.

For those of you who are still VERY wet behind the ears with all of this and fresh out of school or university....GET A LIFE... or a taxi to HSBC! I see it all too many times...."I want to be a airline pilot" but what you should ask is FIRSTLY: "Have I got what it takes to become one!" People may have ATPLs and even have asked Mummy and Daddy to pay for the type rating too, but that doesnt mean you´ll even pass the simplest of aptitude or personality tests!

Perhaps more people on here could be more realistic with their ambitions and look at starting with smaller aircraft operations and working up from there.... Alternatively if you aren´t wearing double glazing, perhaps the RAF if flying is what you want (but they have tests that are more taxing than anything you´ll get for an airline! So it aint no walk in the park!)

Yes this is a long one, but just trying to make some people realise that they perhaps should look at themselves first and ask themselves if they are cut out for the job and indeed if they have what it takes to not just get a licence, but also make it through an airline selection! (The latter seems to be missed out all too often!)

Life can be a sh´tter sometimes!

Back to filling in those MacDonald application forms again!

PS TIMZSTA: everyone I´ve met who have been sponsored of late have degrees...... so - unless you are someone who actively recruits for airlines - shut it!