PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Falcon 7x Incident
View Single Post
Old 30th Dec 2017, 13:18
Jet Jockey A4

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Well I can tell you about a brand new 7X that used to be based here that while on an overnight trip to a certain airport, the crew decided to use the parking brake for what ever reason (no chocks) on a slanted ramp...

During the night (less than 10 hours after shutdown) when the parking brake pressure finally released, the aircraft rolled backwards and left the ramp to end up in the muddy field where it sank... The pilots were woken up by airport authorities about the incident which was caught on the airport's security video system.

I know on the type I fly, the parking brake will not hold once the hydraulics are turned off and there is no time frame given by the manufacturer as to when they would release. The manufacturer requires you to have all three sets of wheels chocked when parking the aircraft for an extended stay.

Anyone that flies into ZBAA will noticed that all business aircrafts are tied down by the airport authorities and you have no say in this. However I have never seen other airports where we operate in and out of that have the proper in-ground mooring system that could be used for these types of aircrafts.

Last edited by Jet Jockey A4; 30th Dec 2017 at 13:33.