Easy boys easy! We don't need personal grudges here!
There are "good" as well as "bad" sides of any organization. In this case Air Arabia/Alpha. This is a platform where such issues can be highlighted. One has to be prudent enough to understand what suits him/her the most...
It's been a few years Alpha has been running and as of today, I offer my personal opinion below. Just for the record, I am long time with Air Arabia and all the info is first hand and not based on what I hear/read!!!! I will save the best for the last so I start with disadvantages first!
Disadvantages of Alpha / Air Arabia
1. MPL course is expensive! (But the fastest way to reach right seat of A320)
2. Delays in training. (All flight schools have delays! Name one school in the world which guarantees a license within the time promised!)
3. No job guarantee. (Most cadets still end up getting contracts. A small percentage don't. You still get your 1500h on A320 and MPL unfreezes to become a "full unrestricted ATPL" unless you yourself drop out of the course or don't make thru the training. So far I am aware of only one cadet who did not make it! Also remember, there are NO GUARANTEES in aviation. It has to be performance based and unfortunately there is no place for non performing guys. Harsh reality but that's how it should be!
4. Low salary initially
5. Some immature cadets (this has nothing to do with the airline/flight school or MPL/non MPL. These exceptions will be the same anywhere they go!)
1. Still the fastest why to reach the RHS of a A320
2. Top notch training. Even a brand new FO I fly with does an excellent job!
3. Excellent exposure. One of the finest places to fly in terms of experience. Air Arabia exploits entire envelope of the A320! Hot wx ops, cold wx ops, ETOPS, monsoon, complex airfields, escape routes, uncontrolled airfields, etc
4. Excellent cockpit / management culture. We have open door policy! Free to walk to chief pilot/ director ops anytime! Very friendly atmosphere with ground staff, engineering, cabin crew, etc. Very good CRM, capts don't give hard time to FOs
5. Decent career progression. Several MPL guys successfully flying in EK/EY/Qatar etc. The initial batches who continued to stay back, nearing their command!!!
6. Supportive management. Cadets (if required) are given extra training, observation flights, extra simulator session, extra training flights.
Yes, there are few problems in the company (like any other company) but the fact is Alpha is a successful course for cadets as well as Air Arabia and most people are extremely happy to be here!
Hope this helps!
Happy Holidays and safe flying!