Wikiposts
Search
Terms and Endearment The forum the bean counters hoped would never happen. Your news on pay, rostering, allowances, extras and negotiations where you work - scheduled, charter or contract.

Easy - Pay Rise

Search this Thread

Old 28th Oct 2005, 18:00

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Easy - Pay Rise

HI FOLKS

I'M JOINING EASY IN DECEMBER AS A DEP ON 737 AND WAS WONDERING IF THERE WAS ANY NEWS ON THE CURRENT TERMS AND CONDITIONS NEGOTIATIONS?
Old 28th Oct 2005, 18:03

Gashog,

Yes, the latest news is that all pilots who SHOUT IN CAPITALS ON PPRUNE will have a paycut.

Caps lock off mate.
Old 28th Oct 2005, 18:48

No news yet and there wont be till early november all talks are behind closed doors.

Are you direct entry LHS or RHS ?

ED
Old 28th Oct 2005, 18:49

Seriously though; We've heard nothing as yet from BALPA on the pay negotiations. Many Pilots are either voting with their feet or dusting down CV's. If the Company / BALPA don't get this one right many many more will follow. Please consider joining BALPA if only for the vote (I have listened for years to the whingers & moaners who would be considered freeloaders in BY/TFLY Virgin BA etc). IF YOU DON'T VOTE- THINGS WON'T CHANGE MATE!
Old 29th Oct 2005, 07:36

Please no "Don't do it" replies as I've already...
Well, why do you ask anything if you donīt want to hear the truth?

Pay rise? I guess we should be lucky to ībreak evenī with inflation whilst working even longer days for the same money. (i.e. a pay CUT)

You probably donīt want to hear that either so hereīs the reply you are looking for: yes DO join EZY! Probably a 20% pay RISE and expect a relaxing 5-4-5-4 roster whilst we get 30 days holidays per year! Thereīs never been a better time to join EZY than now!

I was just wondering in the light at the end of the tunnel wasn't a train coming towards me.
It is, so "DON`T DO IT!!!"
Old 29th Oct 2005, 11:47

Easy will probably give you a pay increase but tale something from you. I remember one year we did not get a rise but were allowed to keep creww food. The CC voted this in! In my mind that year we got nothing!

Join a proper airline that treats and pays their pilots well. After leaving Easy I realised that it was the worst airline that I have ever worked for. When you leave you will be bored as you get so much time off and I have still flown 720hrs since Jan.

You get time to read the newspaper properly rather than skimmming through it!
Old 29th Oct 2005, 13:57

I have a different recollection of that deal than you do Constant Speed DU. Guess your version came from cloud cuckoo land!
Old 29th Oct 2005, 22:17

Devil pay "rise"

Rumours says that F/O's will get scr__ed, as usual (see previous year's sector pay, loyalty bonus, 6 first months as captain, new pay scale for new entrants....). Captain should break even considering inflation. Training guys (who happen to be Balpa's representatives but that's just for info) should get a little extra.

Staff travel will remain cr_p and pension scheme one of the lowest on the market. Ray W will have a very nice leaving party and certainly a big golden cheque for year's of good services (thank's ray and enjoy New zealand).

Welcome to Easy.

Wiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiings
Old 30th Oct 2005, 12:33

Rumours eh? Let's just wait and see what the offer is before spreading discontentment.
Old 30th Oct 2005, 15:30

I have recently chosen to join BALPA to have my say. Absolutely no one needs to accept a bad deal - all you have to do is vote against it. I suggest that anyone who has concerns about the forthcoming deal do what I and several 'concerned others' have done - put your money where you mouth is and join up. That way we can all ensure that some ludicrously unreasonable deal is not accepted. If you are an easyJet pilot and you are not in the union you have only yourself to blame if some crazy deal is voted in.
Old 30th Oct 2005, 15:58

Well said Norman Stanley Fletcher.

For heavens sake, if you don't like the present deal. .... JOIN BALPA. You can always leave after the Pay talks if nothing is achieved.
Old 30th Oct 2005, 16:40

well done norman stanley flecther in joining balpa
maybe the porridge is what done it
Old 31st Oct 2005, 15:36

Grim Sleeper

I have a different recollection of that deal than you do Constant Speed DU.
Well its exactly how I remember it Scottie. Along with all the other shaftings we've had over the years (loss of loyalty bonus, loss of leave, loss of just about everything) for the sake of a few bob in the paycheck.

I wont be surprised when FlapsOne triumphantly announces to us that the CC have secured a 10% pay rise (payable over 5 years of course)........
Old 31st Oct 2005, 20:38

Well then I suggest you re-read the pay deal of that year.

Best of luck on the career change, enjoy the 5 transatlantics a month.
Old 1st Nov 2005, 06:13

By any chance Scottie are you CC or EX-CC fighting your corner?
Old 1st Nov 2005, 07:43

Grrr

Not CC or ex CC. Just a line pilot whose a member of BALPA.

Having read a lot of your posts CSDU I can't help feel that you're having to justify your move to TUI as you're always on here sticking your oar into easyJet affairs.

You're always harping on about how bad easyJet is and that we should all leave. "I've seen the light" mentality etc Why? Why not just leave it alone and go and enjoy your new life with an amazing carrier.

You'll take a snippet of information from a paydeal and start harping on as if this was the only thing in that agreement which is why I suggest you go back and reread that agreement.

I'm not quite sure what your intentions are denigrating BALPA when easyJet pilots need more members. Are you trying to ruin it for the rest of us?

At a time when there are a new bunch of pilots on the CC trying hard to improve our lot your comments are most unhelpful. As I say we need to persuade pilots to join BALPA not be dissuaded by un truths. BALPA aren't perfect but in TUI you've got a strong BALPA CC backed by 90%? of thew workforce. Lucky you - allow us to do the same by keeping your nose out of easyJet affairs.

I'm in easyJet for the long term as it suits me (regions) and am seeking to improve my lot. Running away isn't always the answer which is why I'll defend the CC and think they've done the best they can.

Last edited by Scottie; 1st Nov 2005 at 07:59.
Old 1st Nov 2005, 15:21

What the CC may or may not have done in the past is yesterday's news. I have joined BALPA because I am interested in my future at easyJet and have considerable confidence in the new CC who are fighting hard in difficult circumstances. I believe these are good people who are trying to make a difference in the face of 'old' management practices. The least we can do is back them with our membership. As I have said before, if you then do not like the deal they negotiate you can vote against it. If you stand on the side and whine you will only have yourselves to blame if the deal is a bad one. I personally believe that our best hope for the future lies in being united together to build a great company that is both doing well financially and looks after its employees. The only way I can see that being achieved is to have a strong pilots' union. Right now that is BALPA and they therefore have my vote!
Old 1st Nov 2005, 17:08

I worked in the past for BMI, where many of the CC (or PLC as we called it back then ) were either in the management's pocket,or indeed wanted to be managers much more than union reps,not ideal.From what I have read here your CC seem to have failed to achieve your aspirations in the past, but, at least you have a mechanism in place to bargain.We, your low-cost brethern in Ryanair, only get what market forces throw our way, historically sometimes to our advantage,but not always;I would respectfully suggest you use,support and actively participate in the representation you have;that is my assesment looking in from our unrepresented position.

Last edited by captplaystation; 1st Nov 2005 at 17:23.
Old 1st Nov 2005, 18:23
A4

Ut Sementem Feeceris

Received 156 Likes on 32 Posts
Are there any eJ flightdeck on here who are not BALPA members who would like to give their ideas as to how,not being able to vote on any offer, is going to improve things?

I'm not a militant by any stretch and have had second thoughts about BALPA in the past. However, I am interested in the long term at eJ and would like to see it more as a CAREER option for new joiners. The market is good for pilots at the moment and I don't see how eJ is going to get/retain the experience it needs to meet its scaled back,but still ambitious, expansion plans.

The mantra of "our people are our most important asset" sounds hollow at the moment. We are highly skilled, motivated and (mostly) intelligent individuals. Please don't insult our intelligence. I'm sure the vast majority of crew want to see a successful, profitable and stable airline but that just doesn't appear to be the vision from on high.

I know it's been said elsewhere but Southwest has a miniscule pilot attrition rate. Why? Because the crews are treated, rewarded and respected as professionals - and they recognise this so it's a WIN-WIN situation. Happy productive crews, MASSIVELY reduced training costs which means MORE PROFIT on the bottom line.

Why can't the existing regime see this? It's so frustrating.

To all non-members, please consider your position about joining BALPA. Membership can be offset against your tax liability and your subsription is at reduced rate when you join so it's really not as expensive as many people think.

If we can get a large enough membership then the benefits gained should outweigh any subscription. And if we get a reasonable deal and prevent some from leaving to pastures new, then the bottom line gains as well.

eJ is so close to being great as opposed to ok(ish).

Can someone please inform me if my simplistic view is......... well, too simplistic.

A4
Old 1st Nov 2005, 19:16

NSF, A4 and CaptPlaystation - all spot on.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.