Go Back  PPRuNe Forums > Flight Deck Forums > Rumours & News
Reload this Page >

American Airlines Dry Run

Wikiposts
Search
Rumours & News Reporting Points that may affect our jobs or lives as professional pilots. Also, items that may be of interest to professional pilots.

Search this Thread

Old 6th Mar 2007, 09:02

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Saw this on digg.com today - anyone know anything further?

The following is an email I received detailing a “serious probe” on board American Airlines flight 62 traveling from Paris to Miami. The information comes to me second-hand — from a trusted source in the field. American Airlines spokesman John Hotard confirmed the incident on flight 62 with me, stating “there was a disturbance on board, it was handled by crew.” I asked Mr. Hotard the status of the men who were detained by FBI. Hotard told me “for security reasons, I can’t comment further.”
Article here
Old 6th Mar 2007, 16:27

Received 40 Likes on 22 Posts
From Wikipedia about the journalist:

Annie Jacobsen is an American journalist who writes about business, finance and terrorism for a variety of national and international magazines and webzines and in particular WomensWallStreet. A graduate of Princeton University, she lives in Los Angeles, California with her husband and two sons. She gained notoriety of sorts after reporting on her suspicion of the presence of terrorists on a Northwest Airlines flight. Federal investigators later determined that the men were Syrian band members en route to a performance.[1] See Northwest Airlines Flight 327 for details.
She makes money from frightening people; be afraid, be very afraid that somebody might take her seriously.
Old 7th Mar 2007, 13:31

Quote from The Article
'the FAMs told the pilots that they would have “dropped” both of the perps with the first shove near the cockpit door. Perps claimed to not understand English, were detained for 4 days and deported, back to Paris, when they are free to attend Sunday school, tell their buddies of their Adventure and plan their next move.
Enjoying the story so far? It’s good we can’t carry guns on Int’l [International] trips, eh?

Upsetting is that we all have to learn of this, by happenstance. Why didn’t you and your last crew know of this? We took a delay yesterday while this FB detailed the entire event to my crew. Believe me, there were no disbelievers that the terrorist threat is real in my crew by the time we boarded.

I’m more than upset that this is still a secret! The FB is a man I’ve flown with often, trust completely and attended FFDO (Federal Flight Deck Officer) training with a year ago January. I hope I’ve presented his story accurately, but am certain that the basic details are very close.'

Carry Guns, Terrorists go to sunday school in paris lovely stuff

Soon It will be dangerous to go to America if you look like an Arab Or maybe it already is
Maybe we should ban the Americans from leaving thier country Might work better
Old 7th Mar 2007, 13:54

sikeano, have another read of beardy's post and the Wikipedia link.

This woman makes her living by, essentially, making up scare stories about terrorist threats and has been caught out doing this on previous occasions. She panders to the same middle America who think Fox News is a trustworthy source.

I daresay that, if there were any substance to this, the story would be all over both the more reputable press and also various official sources. I don't believe there's a cover up; rather this is just the original author lining her pockets and creating a scare in the process.

Bobbsy
Old 7th Mar 2007, 14:39
Trash du Blanc

The writer's reputation precedes her.

Lots of facts seem fishy as well. I don't think the FO would have buzzed himself into the cockpit if there had been a pax (of any stripe) in the forward galley. And don't they have electric locks - the other FO would not have been out of his seat with the door open, methinks. So how did he slam the door?

And do people really carry their flashlights to the back? Any AA folks out there?
Old 7th Mar 2007, 16:37

Bobbsy mate ,
I just cut the parts in her report which I thought was Laughable , And my comments in the end were meant to be Sarcastic .
Any way I trust Journo's as far as I can throw them
Keano Out
Old 8th Mar 2007, 00:26

Overblown.

Case closed unless Oliver Stone needs work.