PDA

View Full Version : OK - It WAS All Worth It!

In Altissimus
27th May 2003, 22:00
(A cheerful post - for once!)

I thought that, after all my months of belly-aching on here, it was time for me to contribute something a bit more positive about my flying so far.

Since getting my ticket at the end of February things have really improved. I quickly realised that hiring the club planes was not really for me, both financially, and because they don't really create a good impression with non-pilot passengers.

I discovered by accident that a colleague of mine has been in a syndicate at the local airfield for four or five years and is really happy with it. I did think twice - mainly because I had a stupid idea that 'real' planes don't have the wings on top - but, as usual, PPRuNe came to my rescue with sensible advice :D

A month later I have completed my conversion to type with a new instructor, done a cross-channel flight, and yesterday a glorious lunch at the Crab & Lobster in Bembridge :D :D

As an added benefit my colleague is keen on exploring far and wide, so we have done a fair bit of 'mutual flying' to Ostend and Deauville. I can't recommend that highly enough - especially for relatively inexperienced pilot such as myself - it really boosts the confidence levels.

KCDW
28th May 2003, 02:38
What's the plane?

In Altissimus
28th May 2003, 07:18
A surprisingly shiny 172N...

paulo
28th May 2003, 08:55
So you're BlokeInA172N then? It's not really quite as catchy... :)

G SXTY
28th May 2003, 20:29
Shouldn't that be BlokeInA172N aka the artist formerly known as BlokeInAWarrior, ne BlokeInAnArcher? :confused:

I think we should be told . . . :p

In Altissimus
28th May 2003, 23:35
OK, OK - what do I have to pay BRL for a new monicker? I'm not sure that I'm allowed out drinking with him again... :uhoh:

Whom shall I become? BlokeInASkyHawk (or is it SkyLane - I keep forgetting). Maybe I should go for something less specific - answers on a postcard please, but no mention of teeth (that has gone from bad to worse:{ ).

NinjaBill
28th May 2003, 23:48
You could just go for bloke, then you can fly as many aircraft as you like!!

NB

Whirlybird
29th May 2003, 00:48
It was when I realised that I might some day fly something else, that I changed my name from R22.