PDA

View Full Version : A 320 FMGC RWY heading mismatch

Espero
4th Dec 2015, 08:42
Hi guys

Yesterday during the line check the examiner said me that if the RWY heading differs more than 6° from the FMGC database during take off, an alarm come on.

I have tried to find something in the FMGS manual, but no result.

Do you know something about this ? :confused:

Thanks.

FlightDetent
4th Dec 2015, 09:02
I do not remember learning about such warning. I went through MCDU messages list [DSC-22_20-50-20-38 "A"] for a wide variety of FMGS' version and found nothing as well.

The closest resemblance is RWY/LS MISMATCH which is provided with explanation: During preflight or takeoff, the LS frequency entered on the RAD NAV page does not match the LS associated with the takeoff runway. So not close at all.

regards, FD.

Espero
4th Dec 2015, 10:21
Hi FlightDetent

Yes, I have found the same message, but it is related with an ILS frequency, not a HDG difference, so I think that the examiner referred something different.

Thank you for your reply.

Regards

RUMBEAR
4th Dec 2015, 10:34
Espero

Your checker wasn't referring to the SIDE 1 / SIDE 2 discrepancy message? i.e. CHECK HDG which appears when there is greater than 5 degrees difference.

Espero
4th Dec 2015, 10:52
May be RUMBEAR, but he said specifically difference from the RWY heading and the RWY heading installed in the FMGC database.

RUMBEAR
4th Dec 2015, 21:53
Maybe ask your examiner how would the aircraft know there is a difference between its database and the actual runway heading?

Espero
5th Dec 2015, 09:50
Next time I will meet him I ask it and I publish the answer...

Thanks RUMBEAR.