PDA

View Full Version : easyJet 2016

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5

Gregitto
24th Sep 2015, 10:16
The easyJet 2016 cadet program will be here shortly with CTC.

In the event that the program were to open with CTC and CAE at the same time, does anyone know whether one can apply for both without getting automatically eliminated?

In addition to this, any tips to help us pass the exams would be very welcome :)

HEJT2015
25th Sep 2015, 10:20
Do you think that if I personally wrote a letter to EasyJet they'd perhaps consider accepting my predicted grades instead of actual grades of BC?
Since otherwise I'd just miss out on the scheme.

HeartyMeatballs
25th Sep 2015, 10:22
Hi What is the cadet scheme? Is it similar to the BA FPP where they'll guarantor the loans?

HEJT2015
25th Sep 2015, 10:28
HeartyMeatballs,

You may be best having a quick read of this :)

MPL (http://www.ctcaviation.com/courses/easyjet-pilot-training-mpl-route/)

HeartyMeatballs
25th Sep 2015, 10:34
Thanks for that! I had no idea. What's the 'training bond sponsorship'? Does that mean someone else will underwrite the loan for candidates?

Gregitto
25th Sep 2015, 12:30
Do you think that if I personally wrote a letter to EasyJet they'd perhaps consider accepting my predicted grades instead of actual grades of BC?
You can try but I don't think they will let you. In any case, the training is offered by CTC and they strictly do not accept predicted grades. What you could do is finish your exams and wait for easy jet to open next year (they open every year) or wait for any other program that opens after your exam results. Good luck!

sosu89
26th Sep 2015, 11:43
I am assuming that Easyjet MPL will open with CTC and Oxford. CTC clearly stated a security bond of £69k whereas at Oxford didn't. The later only stated the global amount around €100k. Does that mean that with CTC is cheaper???:confused:

In your opinion where shall we apply CTC or Oxford?

EZY_FR
27th Sep 2015, 09:22

Unfortunately EasyJet is very clear on the issue of predicted grades,therefore I wouldn't attempt to convince them. What would be the point of them setting those entry requirements?

Sosu89
The scheme that is launching tomorrow is run by CTC and is a far better deal than the scheme run by OAA. This is because the training bond you place with the airline will be refunded to you over the first few years of employment. You will have to come up with the funds yourself or via the BBVA loan though :/.

GrobblySquirrel
27th Sep 2015, 12:55
Having trawled through the info on the MPL I am still not entirely sure of the exact details of the bond with CTC. They set out the costs of the Security Bond of 69000 and then 2 MPL training fees of approx 20000 each. In the sponsorship section however they state that they will repay the Training Bond over the first 7 years of employment. Is the training bond the same as the security bond (ie 69000) or a different amount? Hopefully someone can shed some light on the matter for me. Thanks!

Ezympl
27th Sep 2015, 12:57
Good luck to those applying this year.

Looks like Oxford are giving more details about the pay on the European contract on their website this year. Allegedly 21 out of 24 of last years intake (Ie started at Oxford in 2013) were sent to a European base and earn either a salary of 35'000 euros or 48 euros per hour. When you factor in the local taxes and exchange rate, this only leaves a few hundred pounds per month for accommodation and living expenses once your loan is paid. Last year ctc offered a guaranteed UK base.

The mpl is about 25k Gbp cheaper than a standard white tail frozen atpl plus cae easyjet type rating.

The training at Oxford has been very good so far and we are all making good progress towards our license issue.

Flybrain
28th Sep 2015, 08:29
Is having a degree a requirement when applying with easyjet?

EZY_FR
28th Sep 2015, 08:30
Not if you meet the A-level requirements.

flyingintheclouds
28th Sep 2015, 11:08
It says the max height is 6ft 3 then elaborates to "Applicants for CTC WINGS should be between 1.58 m (5ft 2 inches) to 1.91 m (6ft 3 inches) in height. Applicants who fall outside of this may still apply for CTC WINGS; however will be required to undergo an ergonomic assessment in our training aircraft and jet flight simulators prior to being accepted onto a CTC WINGS ab initio training course."

That's not too helpful regarding the EasyJet MPL as its not a Wings course as such and I'm 6ft 4 so am I going to get an instant rejection?

EZYDan95
28th Sep 2015, 12:48
Does anyone know whether the CTC Easyjet MPL application involves any initial online essay questions?

gordonquinn
28th Sep 2015, 14:23
2 300 word questions, not as lengthy as Aer Lingus ones

Ginger Ninja
29th Sep 2015, 15:35
Is anyone else completing the application form and when you are entering the schools/colleges and employment details they are not going in chronological order no matter what you do?

Tried different methods and still ends up in reverse chronological. Suggestions?

BaronVonBarnstormer
29th Sep 2015, 20:14
I'm a bit disappointed with the lack of info on the CTC site, for example i'm still left asking:

1. At what point am I employed by EZY? In previous years you were employed by CTC Flexicrew for approximately a year until you were given the opportunity to apply for a full time position.

2.If Flexicrew is still the route, is there an hours guarantee over winter months?

3. Is there a guarantee of a UK base?

4. How is the "Security Bond" repaid? Is it as a lump sum on top of the standard EZY FO salary or is there a salary sacrifice?

Im quite tempted by this scheme having know a couple of guys who have gone through in previous years. But realistically you are stumping up £120k for this scheme so i'd expect a bit more detail about the realities of paying that back.

Maybe I should hold out for the FPP :}

EZYDan95
30th Sep 2015, 13:11
BVB I completely agree. CTC are pretty active on their Facebook posts though so if you want a quick answer head over to there.

3. Is there a guarantee of a UK base?

This is really important to a lot of people so not sure why they haven't given any info on it. With the OAA easy jet scheme just opened they state this:

"Upon successfully passing the Line Check at the end of Line Training the student will be contracted to fly with easyJet through CAE's resourcing division CAE Parc Aviation and could be assigned to any of easyJet’s operating bases in the UK, Germany, Portugal, the Netherlands, France, Italy or any other easyJet European base."

Not sure if CTC are the same though.

FlyVeryHigh-
30th Sep 2015, 15:13
If you are employed at a European Base you don't get your security bond back! Be careful!

tfin25
30th Sep 2015, 18:17
I'm a long time lurker of these forums.

Got a quick question regarding things like the easyjet MPL/BA FPP and the ilk.

Has anyone ever had any experience of applying with qualifications like HNC/HNDs as opposed to A-Levels? HND is meant to be a higher level than A-levels but im not sure if they're recognised.

Cheers

FullyFullyReady
30th Sep 2015, 20:43
Baron,

1. This "year-thing"was a union negotiation and I don't think there's anything actually binding that makes it so. Regardless there are quarterly intakes every year so expect more than a year on flexi at least. Despite MPL selection expect another panel interview with 'give me a time' questions and another psycho test having flown around for at least a year and a bit.

2. Nope, they scrapped this because it was 'never used'. Read into that what you will..... :ugh:

3. Probably the only benefit with CTC, yes. But no security bond repayment.

4. This is never actually spelt out anywhere but reports suggest that your salary is decreased to the amount of the bond repayments for the year so in effect its a small tax advantage on the original value of your salary - that's it. So 'fully-sponsored' is a bit of a stretch, do not expect to see that money again. If you transfer out of the UK, no bond repayments.

"Maybe I should hold out for the FPP :}" - That is an astute observation.

BaronVonBarnstormer
1st Oct 2015, 09:31
Thanks FFR.

I have been on the phone to CTC and got some answers from them:

1. As you said Flexicrew is still the case and there will be another interview at the end. I have also spoken to a guy I know who has been through CTC and he said that you'd have to be doing something majorly wrong to not pass the interview.

2. No hours guarantee.

3. CTC say there is now no guarantee of a UK base, only that its more than likely you will get offered one.

4. CTC quoted the salary once employed by EZY as £38.75K, which is the same as what is quoted for the Flexicrew earnings. However you can add on the top of that the £1000p/m bond repayment once employed by EZY.

So your salary does go up, however if you were to be directly employed by EZY as an FO your salary would be £40.5K. So this scheme would have a fairly decent tax advantage in terms of monthly pay; you would be on about £2400/month salary plus £1000 tax free as opposed to £2550/month. However consider that your loan repayment may be nearing £1900/month, meaning a take home of £1500, which is roughly equivalent to a salary of £23k. Of course your take home figure would be more if you were able to borrow less.

Could anyone who has been through the scheme confirm my back-of-fag-packet maths? Or perhaps more importantly, are you happy with what you got out of the scheme and your work-life now?

Interestingly I heard from FTE that the FPP wont open until Autumn 2016.:rolleyes:

FullyFullyReady
1st Oct 2015, 09:58
1. Yes however the format had changed recently to include the psycho evaluation and panel competency interview rather than just the 'base captain chat'... Having heard a few stories of guys not making it, I am worried!

4. Easyjet pay you £40.5k gross on the Second Officer salary so 'by the book' I would expect tax free repayments from CTC/EZY on top of the taxed salary. Anything other than that is bordering on stealing wages!

I've gone through the system and would say of CTC that the training is adequate. Flying (and especially training) at Easy is great, 98% of the crew being top guys and gals, though with the usual moanings of a large company- shortage of uniform, getting lost in the system, disruption over the summer etc.. When junior, the roster is quite forgiving even at Gatwick- though roster variations can be very pronounced as you progress through all the different contracts. Whether or not it is a sustainable career at the moment is questionable- the amount of captains I fly with who are exhausted/looking for part time/ready to strike due to the new EASA flight time regulations is quite telling and shows thing are changing quicker than people might expect...

BaronVonBarnstormer
1st Oct 2015, 21:07
Thanks again FFR, It makes a real difference getting info from the horse's mouth!

So one final thing; all things considered do you think its worth the £100k+ investment?

skyship007
2nd Oct 2015, 08:12
NO!
The Air Lingus scheme is better.
If you pay peanuts (After tax and bond payments), you will either get monkeys or soon have the new co-pilots behaving like them.

FullyFullyReady
2nd Oct 2015, 12:56
Baron: Tough call. It boils down to being a consumer choice at the end of the day and EZY compares less favourably. If you were in Europe or desperately seeking a northern UK base or *reasonably* quick command then yes it is a good option. Though with fatigue issues as discussed above, things change so quickly and rarely for the better in this industry.
If not I would certainly apply to the likes of BA and EI a few times at least before considering giving EZY/CTC your money, particularly if you haven't applied to airlines before. Under no circumstances would I self-sponsor at any time.

John: Point taken (and already made in one of my previous posts) however when one looks at one's own CTC and EZY paperwork and the Terms and Conditions set out by both parties, there is nothing to indicate anything other £40.5k + bond repayments is in the offing. Given the general atmosphere at the moment and with the trend in this thread I am not of course realistically expecting this to happen.

Cadet A320
2nd Oct 2015, 15:28
I applied to the programme around 4 days ago and Does anyone know when are they going to give us feedback? :rolleyes:

Monarch580
4th Oct 2015, 13:11
Selection fee for CTC this year is £292!

dannybuckley8
6th Oct 2015, 18:17
Oh wow, as you can see, even the selection process is a money making scheme! Aviation training really is a costly commitment!

EcamSurprise
6th Oct 2015, 18:57
3. CTC say there is now no guarantee of a UK base, only that its more than likely you will get offered one.

CTC flexi crew are never based out of the UK (due to the their cadet structure). So if you train with CTC the only time they'd base you abroad would be if you got a perm straight ahead and they asked if you wanted LIS / OPO.
Only Parc cadets get sent to Germany. (No flexi in France / Italy / Ams).

Regarding failing interviews, the Luton interviews has been there for many years but they did downgrade it at some point to BC chats. Don't be afraid of these interviews as 99% pass. There are some who don't but these select few were ones who really don't fit the company ethos.

Hope that helps.

sosu89
8th Oct 2015, 16:31
All,

Should after completing the mpl course with easyjet, let's imagine that for any reason they will not employ us.

Can we get employed with another company owing A320s?

Another point, both oxford and ctc are offering the same mpl course. However, the costs are different for the same employment! Ctc are including lodging and security bond repayment while oxford did not advise any repayments just one whole price!

With whom shall we apply?

EZY_FR
8th Oct 2015, 18:43
CTC is definitely the better of the two when it comes to finance.

Don't know if this question has been answered yet, but are you allowed to apply for both?

EcamSurprise
8th Oct 2015, 19:22
Oxford has always cost more but the contract you're employed on isn't the same.

The Parc contract is around £50 / hour which, while running your own company, can lead to some very good months of pay.

CTC is 12 - 18 months (can't remember) but only at £1200 / month and I know of guys on that scheme who had to declare themselves bankrupt.

I'd rather have the higher up front cost but higher income so I am in a position to manage my own finances.

Kermo Kermit
8th Oct 2015, 19:39
No you cannot apply to both, you must choose either CTC or Oxford. If you apply to both then only your first application will be considered. This is according to the OAA website.

To me it seems as though CTC is the obvious choice, the high likelihood of a UK base as well as the security bond coming back tax free is a big advantage. Getting any money tax free mower days is worth a lot.

Out of intrest is there anyone who has applied to Oxford on here?

LandingConfig
9th Oct 2015, 15:02
I believe this is regarding multiple applications to OAA, the statement doesn't really concern CTC.

byrondaf
9th Oct 2015, 16:33
CTC flexi crew are never based out of the UK (due to the their cadet structure)

Ecamsurprise, not sure where you heard this from but it's not correct.

EcamSurprise
9th Oct 2015, 16:52
I know it from experience. It may have changed but I am not aware of any CTC cadets being based in Europe.
The only ones who went off to Europe, that I knew of, were offered permanent contracts to do so and so were not flexi.

Where are they based?

The way CTC contracts are (were?) set up meant they could NOT be based outside of the UK.

planedrive
9th Oct 2015, 17:53
ecamsurprise is definitely correct. You either go flexicrew for minimum 12 months in the UK or onto a permanent contract abroad. Recently a CTC white tail cadet type rating were offered basings in CDG, BCN or OPO - all on permanent contracts from the word go. However in this case you would forefit your 'security bond' which is given back in the form of tax relief on a UK contract after the flexicrew

It is not possible to be based abroad on CTC Flexicrew.

EcamSurprise
9th Oct 2015, 18:37
Thank you.

Also if you go to LIS / OPO on a perm, you have to be replaced so the transfer out can take a very very long time.

BCN has no contractural right to transfer. So I imagine the same game.

Also the CDG SO contract is eye watering. I found it tight living in Paris and paying off a loan on the FO contract (with sector pay). Wouldn't want to try it as an SO with no sector pay.

Bear in mind that with Parc my net was around £4-4.5 monthly (including the winter but obviously it varies on hours) because you type rating is a expense and helps you with tax...

CTCs version of £1200 net is, well, tight.

Gregitto
11th Oct 2015, 18:21
Anybody going to a selection on 22nd? And am I correct in assuming that CTC do not have a Physics exam? Only maths, numerical reasoning and various psychometric tests.

gordonquinn
12th Oct 2015, 12:54
Gregitto, I've not heard anything back yet, when did you hear?

Gregitto
12th Oct 2015, 13:17
I heard last Thursday evening by email and I applied the week before that on the Tuesday. Check your junk mail, just in case. And for info, I called ctc and there isn't a physics exam on selection day.

Lockheed_Blackbird
12th Oct 2015, 20:18
Hi! I'm in on October 23rd, hope to see you there guys.

EZY_FR
12th Oct 2015, 20:57
Does anybody know how long the application window will remain open for? I've not had time since my last interview due to work.

Gregitto
12th Oct 2015, 21:22
I read somewhere that CAE was open until the 30th, I'd still apply asap though. Any news from Aer Lingus?

EZY_FR
12th Oct 2015, 21:41
Nothing yet mate. Waiting to hear if I've progressed to the next phase is making me one very anxious lad!!

Kermo Kermit
13th Oct 2015, 12:18
Some people on here were mentioning you can apply to both CTC and Oxford for the easyJet MPL. However this is not true. It is either CTC or OAA. This has come from CTC themselves.

I personally can't understand why people would apply to OAA, getting £69000 tax free as part of wages and the high probabitity of a UK base makes it an obvious choice. Yes OAA is marginally cheaper but what you get back with the CTC scheme is far greater.

sosu89
13th Oct 2015, 19:00
OAA stated "The program currently aims to deliver a minimum of 750 flying hours per pilot per year which, when achieved, equates to approximately £38,750 per annum excluding Standby Duty pay."

What about CTC scheme. I am assuming that salary will be less due to security bond repayment.

:rolleyes:

Gregitto
13th Oct 2015, 22:31
I was assuming that the salary would be the same considering you will be flying for the same company, however with ctc, the value of the security bond within your salary will be tax free (in this case, the ctc salary would effectively be greater). Though I may be wrong.

planedrive
14th Oct 2015, 08:27
When you start flying for easyJet after the CTC MPL Course you are still employed by CTC. It's effectively a 0 hour contract and you're paid by the hour. You'll get as many hours as the airline wants to give you which could be 90 or could be 20. There is no base salary, and the tax break 'security bond' only comes into effect once you gain a full time UK Contract with easyJet. Even if you're flexicrew in the UK, when the time comes for a permanent contract you could be sent abroad in which case you would also forefit the security bond.

EcamSurprise
14th Oct 2015, 09:11
So CTC doesn't do the £1200 / month for 8 months contract anymore?

average-punter
14th Oct 2015, 13:05
Ecam: I believe the deal used to be about 9k "contribution" for the TR followed by 8 months of £1200 a month after which you then moved onto the Flexicrew per hour rate.

Now I think it's a much larger financial outlay for the TR but you are paid the Flexicrew block hour rate from day 1, a little more similar to the Oxford arrangement I understand.

EcamSurprise
14th Oct 2015, 13:33
If that is the new arrangement then that sound much better.

Whilst you have a bigger outlay in the beginning the financial flexibility during your flexi crew years will be much more important IMO.

Good luck to all those applying. I'm mostly very happy here.

sosu89
14th Oct 2015, 20:57
So correct me if I am wrong but after completing the course with ctc, initially you get employes with ctc flexicrew whereas with oxford you will get employment directly with easy.

If that is true, financial one shall opt for ctc but as job security one should consider oaa.

What school/scheme have you chosen guys?

EcamSurprise
14th Oct 2015, 21:02
Both schools go to Flexi unless you are offered a perm contract in a base like OPO / LIS.

The reason LIS / OPO (or now BCN) is up for grabs is because of the transfer out policy which makes it really hard. I'd go for flexi over one of those contracts.

Chris the Robot
17th Oct 2015, 23:54
What surprises me at Easy is (at least according to Pilot Jobs Network), the massive gulf between F/O and Captain salaries on a UK contract. I mean, the latter beats BA shorthaul, it does seem that they are paying a lot to keep people from moving.

Wouldn't it make more sense for them to pay for the F/O training up front (i.e. like Aer Lingus) and then attach a 10 year written bond or something but cap later career pay slightly lower for those on such a contract? By Year 10 it would make sense to stay at Easy than lose the seniority (and a potential command).

ManUtd1999
18th Oct 2015, 09:49
This isn't unique to EZY and is the root cause of the aviation industries problems IMO. There has been huge pressure to reduce costs over the last 10-15 years but instead of reducing FO and Cpt salaries together, the "savings" have come almost exclusively at the expense of new FO. The result is an EZY-like situation, where there is no support for cadets paying 100,000+ for their training and only a 0 hours contract to look forward to when they qualify, yet captains can still look forward to some of the best terms in the industry.

sosu89
18th Oct 2015, 15:40
I am quite surprise how come this forum is not busy like the previous years. Does that mean that there is no longer interest on mpl courses?

By any chance, anyone did the assessment at ctc or Oxford??

Chris the Robot
18th Oct 2015, 17:16
I don't necessarily think it's the MPL but more likely to be candidates (and in some cases parents) thinking "Well, why should we put £100k+ on the line for a zero-hour contract when Aer Lingus, BA (and potentially Virgin Atlantic) are offering a far better deal".

In 2010, there was much less choice of schemes, now that other airlines are providing far better deals, Easy's offering is being shown up. I mean imagine candidates et al going to one of the exhibitions and being told "this one's free but for this other one you have to put up £100k+".

ChrisD93
20th Oct 2015, 00:25
Hi, over the past few days I've become interested in applying to the easyjet MPL programme supplied by CTC. I've always wanted to be a pilot since I can remember (sounds cliche I know) and I'm currently in my final masters year of an Aeronautical Engineering degree. Therefore I'm at the point where I need to make some key career decisions; and I'd love to be a pilot!

Before I sent my application in to CTC though, I wanted to check forums and do some research on the MPL programme with easyjet online (hence I came here). However I must admit that I'm a little concerned after reading some of the comments regarding this option within this thread where it's easy to come to the conclusion that it seems to be the case that it's a much better move in terms of employment/financial prospects to wait for the BA FPP programme to open again; rather than to pursue MPL with EZY.

I would be willing to take on the financial burden of the training costs however I can't see the logic in doing so if the employment prospects are poor in terms of building hours and being able to support myself financially on a poor cadet wage with a 0 hour contract. Therefore I'm approaching the point of giving up on my application at the moment for EZY and waiting for the BA and Virgin FPP's to open again... which is a shame :(

It would be great if anyone could give me any advice to either persuade me that this is a good option or to confirm my fears that it's not the best available and I'd be better to leave it. I feel like I'm hitting my head off the wall, as the details for the programme when employed seem fairly vague :ugh:

I must admit though it's very tempting to apply purely on the basis that I want to be a pilot, but obviously there's a lot of money at stake and I want to make the best decision for my future. Thanks for any help :)

dannybuckley8
20th Oct 2015, 11:06
ChrisD93:

Hi Chris, I am floating in the same "cliche and unknowing" boat as you. I like you have the same dream and have decided to go through with the application hoping I would discover whether this is a good idea or not when the time came around.

I assume like yourself, I have been keeping myself updated on here and with EZY and CTC updates but am still undecided whether I should play the waiting game or pay the £292 fees and go to an interview day!

Could anyone please sway me either way. If I am lucky enough to receive an interview day offer should I go? Why is that? If not, also why is that?

Thank you for your help, any advice will be appreciated as I am unknown whether I should be happy or not with an offer

EZY_FR
20th Oct 2015, 13:14
I'd go; it's excellent interview practice at the very least. Despite the high initial outlay, it's still one of the better schemes out there.

sosu89
20th Oct 2015, 16:02
I have similar thoughts ChrisD93. I applied last year and did not make it. This year I reapplied again and will be doing the assessment next week.

Did anyone know how many cadets they are looking for OAA/CTC?

Moreover, did anyone sit for the Oxford Assessment? any feedback is highly appreciate.

Cheers

ManUtd1999
20th Oct 2015, 16:59
Just to put the counter argument to EZY_FR, valid though his points are, I'd wait. EZY will almost certainly be running a similar scheme in the future, so why not give it a year and have a shot at BA/Virgin/EI? If you don't make it, then there's EZY to have a go at next year. With an Engineering degree you'll have a good chance of getting a job in the meantime so waiting a year or two wouldn't be that much of an issue.

Kermo Kermit
20th Oct 2015, 19:03
I agree with ManUtd1999, it is true that the easyJet MPL is a better route into the industry that self-sponsoring through CTC but in comparison to the Virgin Atlantic / BA FPP there is no contest. I would apply at least twice to both schemes before thinking about easyJet and their MPL. If you are going to apply then CTC is 10 times better than OAA, there are major tax advantages to the CTC scheme. There are several reasons behind why I think this:

The finance: In the long-term BA / Virgin/ AL will cost you nothing except living expenses. With easyJet its going to cost you 100k plus living expenses which if you have a loan is going to have to be returned with considerable interest.
It's no secret that easyJet are short of crew for their Portuguese bases so quite a few of the cadets will likely end up their, remember that this year CTC are not guarantying a British base. With BA / VA this will never happen, its Heathrow or Gatwick.
It's an MPL not ATPL. This is fine is you want to spend your entire career at easyJet but if you want to transfer to BA and others then this is going to be a dis-advantage because the ATPL training is widly considered to be a better quality of training. Remember that the BA FPP is an ATPL, they haven't changed to the MPL although VA is an MPL.

Also, any work experience beyond school /uni will help with the application process so having a year or two in industry is never a bad thing.

Just for the record I'm not trying to put people off but I think that having read this forum for a few years there is sometimes a lack of reality about how hard it is to pay back 100k, it's a lot of money. Anyway, hope this helps somebody.

ChrisD93
20th Oct 2015, 19:26
Hi Kermo and everyone else who was kind enough to reply,

I think at this stage the smart thing to do is hold on until the BA and VA schemes open, as I'm yet to have a shot at applying for them. It's just really tempting at this stage as I'm looking for engineering graduate jobs to go for the easyjet MPL alternative.

The fact that BA offer an ATPL alone (for almost free in the long term) is the major factor for me as I don't come from an affluent enough background to easily risk 109k for CTC training; and if it's for an MPL, is it really worth the risk? Especially with the flexitime contract and no guarantee that you will be given a permanent FO contract.

The one thing that is for certain though is that I want to be a pilot, and I'll never give up on that dream. As I've tried to pick the best/most relevant route possible for me so far to get there (studying Aeronautical engineering, some gliding experience); I was close to applying this time, but I think I'm jumping the gun a little bit by at least another year.

Thanks guys for your help and good luck to all those applying this year! I'm sure I'll be back on here for the FPP forum chat although I have no idea when that'll be; hopefully it's early next year :ugh:

EcamSurprise
20th Oct 2015, 19:48
If you are going to apply then CTC is 10 times better than OAA, there are major tax advantages to the CTC scheme.
There are huge tax advantages of going through Parc also. A huge chunk of the training cost is counted as an expense and therefore reduces your tax hugely (almost to 0).

The finance: In the long-term BA / Virgin/ AL will cost you nothing except living expenses. With easyJet its going to cost you 100k plus living expenses which if you have a loan is going to have to be returned with considerable interest.
True. Don't burden yourself with a loan if there is another option.
Although why anyone would want to be a cruise pilot for XX years is beyond me.

It's no secret that easyJet are short of crew for their Portuguese bases so quite a few of the cadets will likely end up their, remember that this year CTC are not guarantying a British base.
EJ is short of crew in all bases, not just LIS / OPO.
CTC has never based anyone, on flexi, outside of the UK and the only place which has flexicrew (Parc) is Berlin.
The risk could be BCN as this is a new contract and unknown it terms of flexi.

It's an MPL not ATPL. This is fine is you want to spend your entire career at easyJet but if you want to transfer to BA and others then this is going to be a dis-advantage because the ATPL training is widly considered to be a better quality of training.
This makes NO difference at all anymore.

I have a number of friends who left EJ to go to BA with a MPL and <1000 hours. It made no difference to their recruitment or training.
The ONLY thing the airline needs to recruit pilots who still hold an MPL is a sentence in their OM stating that it is an acceptable licence. BA, as an example, have this.

If you wanted to go to someone else (Emirates, Virgin etc) then you'll have an ATPL anyway.
The idea you get an ATPL from BA is misleading. You get a CPL & IR (commonly known as a frozen ATPL) and this can be converted at 1400TT to an ATPL in exactly the same way an MPL can be converted to an ATPL at the same hours.

ATPL training being considered as better quality is also outdated. It's all the same.
Frankly you know nothing when you start flying big Airbi around at 150 hours and it doesn't matter much whether you have spent the time bombing around in a single prop or spending some extra time in a sim. Overall the feedback from regarding the MPL cadets is often better than the traditional cadets.

However, If I was going to someone like Virgin with an MPL then I WOULD be worried. If you are made redundant (look into how they often lay off the latest recruitment - it happens) then you WILL struggle to find another job with an MPL. It's easier when you go out hunting for the job yourself rather than a whole bunch of you floating in the same pool at the same time with a 'special' licence. I also don't know why anyone would want to be a cruise pilot for 2 - 3 years.

------

To give you an insight:

Overall EJ is a very good company to work for.

The contracts available long term are fantastic and the flexi / SO / FO contracts are good stepping stones.
THe 0 hour contract notion is fairly pointless also.
I, and my colleagues who I speak to now, made more as a flexi crew than I do currently as a European SFO and I am paid very very nicely currently.
We get rewarded well too with loyalty / performance bonuses (*) plus I've received shares every year due to the company performance.
(*)= subject to contract and where you are.

It's a great place to work and the flying is good fun too. The main thing for me is I come home every night and I can tell you my roster pattern for years to come as I'm on 5453. I'm also in the command process currently and I've been here for about 5 years.

It really depends on what sort of flying you enjoy doing. Personally I find flights over 4 hours a struggle and long haul wouldn't suit me. I also hate spending nights away from my own bed and I really hated nightstops even when they were 2 or 3 times a month in a previous base.

Of course there are ups and downs but there is in any job and in any company. The grass is always greener as they say.

You should always try to get into the industry with as little debt as possible but EJ should be way up on your options in terms of lifestyle, flying and career.

If you want to know more then PM me.
Just be careful with what you read on forums like these are a lot of the information is incorrect or the people posting just have an axe to grind.

Good luck.

Global_Global
21st Oct 2015, 14:34
Kermo agree on the BA/VS versus Easy assessment but there is one major mistake in your train of thoughts:

It's an MPL not ATPL. This is fine is you want to spend your entire career at easyJet but if you want to transfer to BA and others then this is going to be a dis-advantage because the ATPL training is widly considered to be a better quality of training. Remember that the BA FPP is an ATPL, they haven't changed to the MPL although VA is an MPL.

Totally wrong and it will be clear in the near future as BA is also considering moving to the MPL ... MPL is considered to be better than ATPL although the way CTC does the ATPL with crew coordination, sim use etc the syllabus is already close to being MPL :8

EZY_FR
21st Oct 2015, 16:07
BA will NOT be moving to the MPL anytime soon. Regs in Spain mean its impossible to run an MPL scheme at FTE, meaning that Flybe and Aer Lingus had to withdraw their plans to run MPL courses.

EcamSurprise
21st Oct 2015, 19:48
Flybe have been taking MPL cadets for years..

Whether BA runs their own MPL courses or not is irrelevant for recruitment. They accept MPL licenses and so you can make a move, if you desire, from EJ to BA whilst you don't yet have an ATPL. You are, by no means, stuck for your whole career as someone alluded to.

The MPL vs Traditional route has been much debated. There are pluses and minuses of both.
Ultimately you come to an airline from both routes with minimal experience. The key to success as a brand new cadet in an airline is down to attitude and your willingness to listen and learn NOT whether you have an MPL or a CPL.

(And yes, we see a number of folks coming into the airlines with 140 hours who think they already know everything. It's been both MPL cadets and fATPL cadets. And these are the ones who have issues).

EZY_FR
21st Oct 2015, 20:56
Flybe were recruiting MPL cadets, but those cadets had to have their courses converted into Integrated ATPL courses.

EcamSurprise
21st Oct 2015, 22:07
Why?

Flybe have been recruiting MPL guys since 2010. They joined Flybe with MPLs and not fATPLs.

dannybuckley8
23rd Oct 2015, 09:57
Thank you for all of your advice, it has been enlightening and helpful. However I heard back from EZY today and was unfortunately unsuccessful, not sure what they are after but it clearly isn't me! Good luck to everyone with interviews, please feedback on here and let us all know what happens and how you get on, it would be interesting to hear about your journeys.

EZY_FR
23rd Oct 2015, 13:44
Dannybuckley

Sorry to hear that. When did you submit your application?

dannybuckley8
23rd Oct 2015, 16:31
On the 29th of September

sosu89
24th Oct 2015, 06:28
Anyone did the assessment at Oxford? Any feedback?

I have the assessment next Tuesday. Anyone joining?

Gingerbread Man
24th Oct 2015, 10:33
Don't kid yourself that any cadet scheme is free. It can be dressed up in a few ways, but you are financially disadvantaged in one way or another. I realise that some of these ways are more predictable and stable than others, but it is still money you don't get. Saying it is 'free in the long run' is misleading.

BA have already advertised for FOs with the requirement of an 'EASA issued licence for XX aircraft certification', or words to that effect, so you can apply with an MPL.

As for MPL vs. CPL/IR, other posters are right when they say the view of "ATPL is widely better" isn't accurate. You spend less time in a real aeroplane on an MPL, yes. However, nearly all the time you do spend in a real aeroplane is under 'continuous assessment', i.e. a lot of the time difference is the extra solo that a CPL requires. Solo experience can be great for a lot of things, and I wouldn't sniff at it, but an extra 38 hours is not going to turn you into Neil Armstrong. On an MPL you don't do an IR, or have to do the IR exam, which does seem like cheating a bit. I would say the big disadvantage of not coming out of training with a CPL/IR is that you can't do certain side jobs that some people do, e.g. paradropping.

As people have already alluded to, whether you've done more real flying, or spent 170 hours in a sim, you're still going to be a rabbit in the headlights when you get to a real flight deck. I think the best thing about a mentored scheme of any kind is that it is targetted, so you are getting used to a particular airline's SOPs from day one, which should make the transition to line flying slightly less difficult.

vikdream
24th Oct 2015, 12:23
I agree 100% with Gingerbread man. Been there, done that as well.

1) No cadet scheme in Europe is free in the long run, not even the initial costs. As Ginger said, they can be dressed up in different ways, they will all be similar when you know and understand the numbers when you join.

2) I am not going to discuss here further about the MPL-ATPL, but it is a fact that MPL holders with 250h (let alone 1000h) have moved from one airline to another, even outside the UK. And yes, BA were looking into the MPL, and yes, it is possible to run MPLs in Spain, so it might happen in the future.

RS94
24th Oct 2015, 12:43
Hi sosu89, I am also doing the stage 2 assessment day next week (wednesday). May I ask how you have been preparing for it? Have you completed the email questionnaire?

I have found a couple of sites that explain in brief what happens on the day though I believe they are both before the change from Compass to Adapt:
https://captaingordon.wordpress.com/2012/05/10/skills-assessment-at-oxford-aviation/
CAE Oxford Aviation Academy ? Skills Assessment | Clear Horizon Aviation Blog (http://clearhorizonaviation.com/blog/cae-oxford-aviation-academy-skills-assessment)

LatestPilotJobs also have a page with tests similar to Oxford though it requires paying for and wanted a second opinion on whether it was worth it.
Oxford Aviation Academy (OAA) Pilot Selection and Assessment-Latest Pilot Jobs-Latest Pilot Jobs (http://www.latestpilotjobs.com/interviews/view/subject/Oxford+Aviation+Academy+(OAA)+Pilot+Selection+and+Assessment .html)

In the email they have stated solo interviews are stage 3 but I still feel worried they will surprise us with it in this stage (in addition to the team tasks). Has anyone taken an MPL assessment day with CAE recently and can talk about the experience?

Fostex
24th Oct 2015, 16:07
No cadet scheme in Europe is free in the long run, not even the initial costs. As Ginger said, they can be dressed up in different ways, they will all be similar when you know and understand the numbers when you join.

Completely agree, it is easy to look at the BAFPP as free and money for nothing, it isn't. You go through exactly the same channel as you do with easy jet, i.e. a cadet training contract through APL and managed by CTC, regardless of whether you are training at CTC, FTE or OAA.

The main benefit with the BAFPP is that they may ( it very much depends on your financial situation and credit rating ) offer to secure a BBVA loan in order for you to pay for the training with your integrated provider.

The best European scheme out there at the moment is probably the Aer Lingus one.

Lockheed_Blackbird
25th Oct 2015, 07:01
The best European scheme out there at the moment is probably the Aer Lingus one.

Mmmhhh....No.
SWISS or Lufthansa's are far better ones.

Gregitto
25th Oct 2015, 11:58
Mmmhhh....No.
SWISS or Lufthansa's are far better ones.

Really? Why is that?

Lockheed_Blackbird
25th Oct 2015, 13:23
you pay almost nothing, you have no loan to take so no risk.
Direct access to a major airline with great salary and benefits.

LandingConfig
25th Oct 2015, 13:53
you pay almost nothing, you have no loan to take so no risk.

...but only open to German/Swiss citizens. Aer Lingus is not restricted to Irish nationals.

Lockheed_Blackbird
25th Oct 2015, 20:35
...but only open to German/Swiss citizens. Aer Lingus is not restricted to Irish nationals.

No, it's open to all EU citizens.
PLEASE check before saying totally wrong things!!!:ugh:

LandingConfig
25th Oct 2015, 21:00
No, it's open to all EU citizens.
PLEASE check before saying totally wrong things!!!:ugh:

Correction; they both require you to be fluent in German. This restricts it to German/Swiss nationals and those who happen to speak fluent German - the latter of which will not be the case for the majority.

Anyway, back to easyJet...

EcamSurprise
26th Oct 2015, 09:38

*Or Eurowings / Germanwings depending on where they put you after training.

Whose contracts are far worse than easyJets in Germany.

As you are a French person who is trying to apply to a BA cadets scheme and also this easyJet scheme, I'd suggest not trying to be a know it all and letting the topic get back to what it is here for.

Chris the Robot
26th Oct 2015, 18:16
easyJet launches new initiative to increase recruitment of female pilots - Pilot Career News (http://www.pilotcareernews.com/easyjet-launches-new-initiative-to-increase-recruitment-of-female-pilots/)

The airline will also be offering ten places for women each year on the easyJet pilot training programme with the around £100,000 training loan underwritten by easyJet.

If I'm interpreting this correctly, for women it turns into something that rivals the BA FPP yet if you're a bloke you still need to be rich/have rich family. How on earth can that possibly be right?

HeartyMeatballs
26th Oct 2015, 19:18
It isn't right. Many of us are against it. We think the most talented should get through not just those who can afford it or were born female. I for one think it's a disgrace.

ManUtd1999
26th Oct 2015, 19:38
Maybe they are going to offer a similar deal for males?

If not then I agree, it's not right. Some form of positive discrimination for interview slots would be controversial but valid given the ridiculous male/female ratio amongst pilots, but the barriers to female vs male entry into the profession are not financial.

Would such open bias possibly even violate discrimination law?

Lockheed_Blackbird
26th Oct 2015, 22:12
As you are a French person who is trying to apply to a BA cadets scheme and also this easyJet scheme, I'd suggest not trying to be a know it all and letting the topic get back to what it is here for.

Well maybe not all, but having passed (successfully) those selections, I know what I'm speaking about... sorry ....

And yes you have to be fluent in german, but no it does not restrict it to german or swiss nationals.
Just take the example of SWISS, most of the cadets are not from Switzerland...

You can just work hard on your german and you'll be all ok.

Agree on one point: go back to EZY!

EcamSurprise
26th Oct 2015, 23:03
Well maybe not all, but having passed (successfully) those selections, I know what I'm speaking about... sorry ..

Oh you passed?
We must bow down. :ok:

EZY_FR
26th Oct 2015, 23:19
EZY offering 10 places exclusively to female applicants and underwriting their loans is wrong and unfair on the rest of us.

EcamSurprise
27th Oct 2015, 09:16
It has been a long term plan to be able to under write loans way before any of the female stuff came up.

I'd suggest you see this for what it is: PR.

EZY_FR
27th Oct 2015, 10:01
It's all good them planning to underwrite loans for a while now, but it's no good on the male applicants who will have to put their parents' property at risk in order to achieve their dreams.

tfin25
27th Oct 2015, 10:14
How is this allowed? I know it's been done with the best of intentions but surely it must violate employment discrimination laws.

Alex Whittingham
27th Oct 2015, 10:58
The proportion of ladies going through professional training with us in the modular system is already around 15% and growing, I would think that 12% is a target Easyjet can easily achieve, in fact it probably represents the proportion already under training. The suggestion that Easyjet will underwrite the loans (even if it is restricted to female recruits) doesn't affect the fact that female pilots will have to take out the same loans as the men and make the same repayments. It only makes a difference if the pilots either can't get a job or lose their position with Easyjet once hired, in which case Easy may have to pay off the loans. In that scenario Easy have some control over who they lay off and who they hire. In addition it seems to me that the practicalities of this proposal mean that Easy will either underwrite the loans when the pilots are hired (that is to say once licence training is complete), in which case the female pilots will presumably be taking out new loans at that point, or Easyjet will be nominating future female employees before the start of their training at the point when the initial loans are taken out, which likely restricts this to the MPL scheme. It will be interesting to see how this develops in practice.

Chris the Robot
27th Oct 2015, 11:16
I think it will almost certainly by restricted to the MPL scheme, though Easyjet has started underwriting all loans for "CTC Whitetail" trainees who need to pay for an Easy T/R post-CTC.

That said, the fact that it looks to be open to women regardless of financial position (except a decent credit rating) but only to well-off men is still wrong even if all candidates owe the same amount after completing their MPL training.

You'd think a company which made a £450m post-tax profit with over £1.4bn in retained earnings would be able to guarantee loans for all of it's trainees...

Alex Whittingham
27th Oct 2015, 12:51
Possibly not unrelated to suggestions that BBVA will be pulling out of the pilot loans market early next year, the integrated programs rely heavily on loans being available. Having to secure a loan for a type rating through mortgage equity on top of the £100K secured or so for initial training would stretch a lot of people. In which case it is a positive step back to the days when a 'bond' meant a debt to the employer.

flyingintheclouds
28th Oct 2015, 20:48
Is there any reason why the selection is ~£100 more than normal?

RascoFlyer
1st Nov 2015, 12:18
Has anyone heard back from ctc yet? Submitted my application a month ago but heard nothing, rang them last week and they said give it a week but still nothing

BaronVonBarnstormer
1st Nov 2015, 16:55
Because it can be i suspect. Its gone up £50.

pilotfromsheff13
1st Nov 2015, 20:03
Hi everyone

Has anybody sent their application off for this programme and not had a reply yet?

I applied nearly 5 weeks ago and I've still not heard anything back :sad:

Thanks & good luck to all who have applied!

PFS13

Private_flyer
1st Nov 2015, 21:06
Hi all,

Just quick question: Is there any way to apply to Easyjet having gone through modular training? I know Ryanair take but just wondered what the lay of the land was with the orange one.

Any advice/pointers much appreciated!

EZY_FR
1st Nov 2015, 21:42
I applied to easyJet on the 21st and have yet to hear back.

hazholmes
2nd Nov 2015, 07:49
Applied through OAA last week, heard nothing apart from the confirmation of application. Anyone the same?

BMH
2nd Nov 2015, 13:30
Has anyone heard back from ctc yet? Submitted my application a month ago but heard nothing, rang them last week and they said give it a week but still nothing

I'm in the same boat as you. It's been over a month for me now. I called CTC to make sure my application had been submitted and they said it usually takes 2-3weeks. Just have to play the waiting game!

sosu89
3rd Nov 2015, 04:10
Anyone who did the assessment both at ctc or oaa receive a reply for the second interview?

Gl to all

EZY_FR
3rd Nov 2015, 07:01
easyJet is not planning to do a second interview this year at both CTC and OAA. The best group of people will be selected after all the scores have been accumulated.

gordonquinn
3rd Nov 2015, 10:05

I'm in the same boat as you. It's been over a month for me now. I called CTC to make sure my application had been submitted and they said it usually takes 2-3weeks. Just have to play the waiting game!

Same for me here, applied over a month ago and no reply.

Any slightly out of the ordinary aspects to your applications? I have Scottish Highers, I have a feeling that might have put me down the list a bit, probably being paranoid though.

SunsetSheepLandings
3rd Nov 2015, 14:02
Me neither and I'm female haha :P
Guess we aren't what EJ are looking for. Don't know about you, but I met all the requirements by more than enough.

Lockheed_Blackbird
3rd Nov 2015, 16:25
easyJet is not planning to do a second interview this year at both CTC and OAA. The best group of people will be selected after all the scores have been accumulated.

Where does this come from?
On OAA website, it states we have to go through stage 3 before being enrolled into the scheme..?!

I hope what you say is not true since my joystick totally bugged during the computer tests at stage 2...
And how would EZY do to recruit trainee pilots without making them pass any group exercises or interviews with HR/pilots?

ywcaptain
3rd Nov 2015, 16:28
Hi everyone,
I've just received the ctc easyjet mpl answer this afternoon and I am not taken :ugh: , this is the mail :

Thank you for your application to the CTC Aviation in partnership with easyJet - MPL programme.

Following a careful review of your completed application, we regret to advise you that your application has not been shortlisted to the next phase of selection.

We realise this decision will be a disappointment to you, however, may we thank you again for the time you have given to your application and wish you every success in the future.

You may wish to consider applying to an alternative flight training programme with CTC Aviation. Please can we encourage you to return to our website for all information - Aviation Training | CTC Aviation (http://www.ctcaviation.com/)

Please note that we are unable to offer any feedback to candidates.

For your own peace of mind, you should be aware that the records of the assessment process are confidential and will not be revealed to a third party under any circumstances.

Regards,

CTC Selection...

I don't understand as I have all the requirements, how do you think they have chosen the students who will go to the selection day ?

EZY_FR
3rd Nov 2015, 17:31
Sorry to hear that mate. When did you apply?

EZY_FR
3rd Nov 2015, 17:33
Where does this come from?
On OAA website, it states we have to go through stage 3 before being enrolled into the scheme..?!

I hope what you say is not true since my joystick totally bugged during the computer tests at stage 2...
And how would EZY do to recruit trainee pilots without making them pass any group exercises or interviews with HR/pilots?
I was told that by a member of the CTC selection team. Not sure what the situation is with OAA, but I didn't see any mention of a stage 3.

ywcaptain
3rd Nov 2015, 17:44
I applied on the 29th of september
And I am french And I have the équivalent of the a level And Life expérience
I don't Know why they rejected my application ...

Lockheed_Blackbird
3rd Nov 2015, 18:02
Alright with CTC then?
So you already did team exercises and interviews on the same day?

here stage 3 for OAA:
How to Apply - easyJet MPL Program - Oxford (http://www.caeoaa.com/easyjet/how-to-apply/#.VjkEYVUveUk)

EZY_FR
4th Nov 2015, 08:56
Just received the PFO email :(

kirungi1
4th Nov 2015, 10:26
EZY_FR; This might not be helpful but I know of a few current BA FPP namely Funcky111, who were turned away by aer lingus, EasyJet et cetera, last year but now tell a different story. Let those PFOs be! They have to be, sadly. The most important thing is; have you made yourself available? ;)

dannybuckley8
4th Nov 2015, 14:09
ywcaptain:

I am sorry to be the 'eye-opener' here, but most of the applicants will have the requested applicant requirements. Additionally, many will have above and beyond the requirements! It is unfortunately just one of those things, they are looking for certain things within your application, whether thats your age, flying experience or the fact you answered one of their questions in the right way. You won't know what it is they are after as no feedback on your application is given, but all you can do is prep for next year and add onto your application where possible (even if its only 1 year on your age!!).

ywcaptain
4th Nov 2015, 15:57
yes...

but now I've applied for the ctc integrated ATPL and I have the selection day on the 27th of november.

dannybuckley8
5th Nov 2015, 10:53
ywcaptain:

Thats an entirely different kettle of fish, these sponsorship schemes cannot be compared to the CTC whitetail courses.

SunsetSheepLandings
6th Nov 2015, 08:01
I just got rejected from the OAA selection for easyJet MPL.
Apparently A*A*A* at A-Level isn't good enough...

ManUtd1999
6th Nov 2015, 17:02
I see EZY are no longer speaking/exhibiting at the Flyer exhibition tomorrow. Any rumours as to why?;)

juniour jetset
6th Nov 2015, 20:18
SunsetSheepLandings - it's a funny world aviation - my close friend is good enough to fly the Prime Minster, knows his stuff on Business and Economy - yet BA palmed him off at Waterside like a piece of dog number twos! A real victim of HR box ticking in this case - this guy slipped through their net for sure. A true English gentleman with both long haul heavy and short/medium jet experience. A great peoples person, team player etc.

SunsetSheepLandings
6th Nov 2015, 20:48
junior jetset yeah. was that for a job?

mpl is a bit different as you're starting from the beginning.

on the form for OAA all you had was your personal details, education, any flying hours, and a couple of other things. no questions, not even anything asking about your employment history other than if you have worked for easy jet.

I mean there's nothing much the application assessors can go on there, that's why I'm puzzled. All a bit odd.. oh well.

ManUtd1999 curious that. wonder if it's because they are no longer doing the female pilot initiative, as that is what they were due to talk about in the seminar? what do you think?

ManUtd1999
6th Nov 2015, 21:23
ManUtd1999 curious that. wonder if it's because they are no longer doing the female pilot initiative, as that is what they were due to talk about in the seminar? what do you think?

I didn't know that had been scrapped? There might well be a simple explanation but it just seemed a bit odd to cancel at short notice

juniour jetset
6th Nov 2015, 21:25
SunsetSheepLandings yeah - it was for a direct entry FO

sorry to hear about your rejection - that selection reasoning does seem short sighted

ManUtd1999
6th Nov 2015, 21:50

Sounds very unlucky to me, might be worth asking for feedback. I know they don't normally give it, but if you ring and explain the situation you never know...

It cases like this that show that, regardless of ability, you need more than a little bit of luck to get through aswell.

juniour jetset
7th Nov 2015, 11:43
yeah worth a phone call - maybe their application-Algo went wrong

Chris the Robot
7th Nov 2015, 17:20

I was at the Pilot Careers Live event, confirmed what I suspected already but it did add quite a bit of colour to things.

Firstly, all the airlines are absolutely massive about personality but in different ways. One wanted those who had really strived and paid for any experience they had out of their own pocket (except scholarships of course), one seemed to value life experience quite a bit (lots of career changers), one was all about being part of a great team. The last was actually rather coy about who they took but their focus was on recruiting self-funded modular.

So a good way forward I think is to head to one of these events or go to one of the flight schools and meet the cadets and find out what each airline is really looking for. I did get the impression that the grades in particular are about getting past the minimum standards, so long as you meet those standards it comes down to aptitude, life experience and how you "fit" the airline.

SunsetSheepLandings
7th Nov 2015, 19:24
Hi Everyone :)

Thanks for all the advice and feedback. Was feeling a bit miffed the other day. But as many people do in aviation, just got to keep trying :)

Chris - I was there too so can guess who you are talking about ;) Interesting you picked up on those things, I got similar impressions. I'd say I'm under the life experience category myself. Was a good event, learnt a lot! How did you find it?

Back to general comments; interesting how easyJet weren't even exhibiting...

Chris the Robot
8th Nov 2015, 08:34
I did think that the Flyer event was rather good, there were a few things that became apparent.

Firstly, None of the airline/cadets pilots I met who were younger than their late twenties had fully self-funded. They had financial support from family or from an airline.

Secondly, if one is going modular, plan to take on an FI role as a first job, as this seemed fairly common. Personally, I'd I were to go modular, I'd keep the day job in some form.

Easy not exhibiting is strange, it could be due to literally anything though, wouldn't want to second guess at this stage. I imagine that something may become apparent in due course.

SunsetSheepLandings
8th Nov 2015, 11:17
Chris maybe coz easy have fulfilled their quotas at Ox and CTC for this year's selection so they didn't need to go?

What route you thinking of doing?

I liked it, loads of flying schools I had never heard of there which was good to see there are more options beyond the well known ones.

THR RED ACC
8th Nov 2015, 11:26

Sorry to sound rude but so what? A-Levels are not -that- important.

Perseverance is the key to getting a job in the RH seat. Keep trying, never give up and always reassure yourself that one day you'll get there, no matter how long it takes!

It took me 6 years to get to where I am today and trust me, I went through a lot of rejections (application / interview / final interview stages) too. And you know what, it feels even better when you finally get where you want to be if you wait for it... plus it gives me something to talk about on those long sector flights!

average-punter
8th Nov 2015, 21:19
Agree with THR RED ACC here. Just because you can calculate a trajectory for a spacecraft around Jupiter doesn't mean you will have the personality traits that recruiters are looking for. Did essay questions form part of the application process? If so I would look there as the first port of call. What do you feel the recruiters would want to read?

Best of luck

SunsetSheepLandings
9th Nov 2015, 11:00
THR RED ACC and average-punter

I know A-levels aren't that important but when you're fresh out of school they're all you've got really.

This was the application form for OAA: CAE Oxford Aviation Academy (http://www.caeoaa.com/easyjet/apply/#.VkCJebTA5bg) - no essays, nothing much on there to put convey what makes a given candidate stand out, only simple factual information about an individual. Not much to go by. But reflecting upon it, they may have already filled their quota of suitable candidates to take through to assessment.

average-punter not sure, i'm young and new to all this.

EcamSurprise
9th Nov 2015, 16:41
EZY not speaking is undoubtedly something to do with the on going SSH situation, don't take it personally.

Re. A Levels, whilst important for a young person, personality and life experience will also be important factors.
As alluded to above, you come across some very clever folks but it doesn't necessarily make them the best to work with in a small, closed environment for the whole day.

Keep at it.

SunsetSheepLandings
9th Nov 2015, 20:46
EcamSurprise what's SSH?

I'm not clever, I just worked really hard, that's how I got those grades. But thanks :) every failure is a learning curve.

wonder88
9th Nov 2015, 21:06
EcamSurprise what's SSH?

SSH= sharm-el-sheikh airport code. I suspected this also BTW considering the amount of Easy flights coming out of there at the moment.

Sunset check your PM's

EcamSurprise
9th Nov 2015, 23:43
Wonder88 has it. The rescue missions are a big deal.

I'm not clever, I just worked really hard, that's how I got those grades.
I wouldn't take any hard work away from you but some people need a little more life experience before starting. Going to uni first can be very very good for you.

Don't give up on the flying dream just because you might not get it right now. The ones who have had to work hard for it are usually the nicest folks to fly with. :cool:

blacktip
11th Nov 2015, 12:55
hey guys! do you know if EZY is still doing the internal sponsorship recruitment for whom is already working in the company(i.e. cabin crew )?
thanks!:ok:

dannybuckley8
12th Nov 2015, 08:11
Hi guys, did anyone else receive a phone call from CTC yesterday? I was sent the unfortunate "we don't want you" email following my EasyJet MPL application a few weeks ago and received a phone call from a member of CTC yesterday explaining how my application should have passed and encouraging me to apply again for the other courses. Is this just a publicity stunt on their behalf trying to get me to reapply for one of their schemes or were they being genuine? I just wondered whether anyone else also received this phone call?

dannybuckley8
12th Nov 2015, 09:26
I had a feeling this was the case, the advisor made it out as if my application should have passed and would pass on other courses etc, I thought it was just a stunt to try and get me to apply for other courses etc, thanks for you reply.

jobene
14th Nov 2015, 16:21
hey guys! do you know if EZY is still doing the internal sponsorship recruitment for whom is already working in the company(i.e. cabin crew )?
thanks!

The answer is yes! There are two kinds of schemes, the ones with fATPL and the ones without. I applied for the latter and I got selected, so I'll be on the group starting MPL in March or April. I still have to pay for the training, but easyJet is going to be the guarantor for the loan, otherwise I'd never be able to do it! Two crew members and another guy from the office were selected. Requirements were to be with the company for at least 18 months, plus the same ones found on the CTC MPL website. It was initially an internal process, then the full assessment center back in September and an interview with easyJet and CTC staff.

flyingintheclouds
16th Nov 2015, 17:29
Hey guys any of you going to selection on the 20th?

flyingintheclouds
16th Nov 2015, 21:27
Good answer if they ask you how dedicated you are then! I'm prepping but just don't know when to stop or if I've done enough.

The selection questions were tough in that 250 limit per question!

V1R
29th Nov 2015, 14:38
Haven't seen any activity on this thread for a fair few days now! Has anyone heard anything new from CTC regarding the current intake for this programme?

I was also wondering how soon after the final selection day easyJet and CTC pick and inform the final few that managed to make the cut from the shortlist. Perhaps someone with some prior experience of the programme/having lurked previous years' threads might be able to shed some light on this?

V1R

flyingintheclouds
30th Nov 2015, 21:14
I was told at the selection it would be around two weeks.

mclassic2016
4th Dec 2015, 11:47
Hi All,

Just wondering if anyone who got through to the last stages with either CTC or Oxford has heard anything back at all?

hazholmes
4th Dec 2015, 13:15
Nope, not yet.

Was told last thursday to expect an answer in around 10 days.

Waiting patiently and nervously:ok:

mclassic2016
4th Dec 2015, 13:19
Ah okay thanks very much and good luck :)

I'm refreshing my emails every 5 minutes, so nervous it's unreal haha

V1R
4th Dec 2015, 17:49
I was told at the selection it would be around two weeks.

Was told last thursday to expect an answer in around 10 days.

Thanks!

Now is that "10 days", or "10 working days"? :8 ...can you tell that the wait to hear back is starting to get to me? :}

Good luck to everyone that is waiting for the final verdict!

mclassic2016
5th Dec 2015, 14:43
Haha that's exactly what I was thinking, whether it includes weekends or not haha, hoping it's between today and Monday! Although still hoping to hear today of course :)

BaronVonBarnstormer
7th Dec 2015, 15:27
Despite originally applying for the EZY MPL, I am swaying toward doing the Wings course as it's more flexible on completion.

Flexible in the same way being unemployed is incredibly "flexible". :ugh:

Why on earth would you turn down the opportunity to have a guaranteed job at the end of your course in favour of fighting it out with every other ATPL course graduate from every other training organisation for a job? And I suppose you don't really want that A320 type rating either that the EZY MPL offers.

Personally I think that is bonkers. Don't worry though as there is a long que of other wannabees who would happily step into your place on the easyJet course.

EZY_FR
8th Dec 2015, 09:56
I agree with BVB, your chances of finding employment will only get worse. Don't listen to the marketing figures that CTC boast about on their site, its not as glorious as that. Yeah, you could still end up at EZY after completing the wings course, but you'll need to pay extra for the TR and hope that you're one step above everyone else. You won't get any of the training costs back either, so I'd think VERY carefully about this route if you do choose to take it.

Danielwings
8th Dec 2015, 16:47
Got offered a place on the course today.

Good luck everyone else. its been a long wait for me as my selection day was on the 16/10.

hazholmes
16th Dec 2015, 09:20
Congratulations Danielwings.

Still waiting to hear back from OAA stage 3... anyone heard? :ok:

TheManFromThatPlace
16th Dec 2015, 12:55
Am I the only one who gets annoyed by people referring to a course (the wings course) upon completion of which you have a CPL, ME-IR, ATPL theory and MCC/JOC certificates as an "ATPL" course? You cannot leave CTC(or any similar ATO) with an ATPL. If the marketing people at any of these schools tell you that you'll get your ATPL with them then it shows how little they know about aviation. Annoys me anyway the amount of people who say(think?) that they'll leave their integrated course with an ATPL. To the poster above as well who thinks the wings course offers more flexibility...think long and hard about it. Whilst you may well do the wings course and get a chance for selection with easyJet, you'll have to pay another substantial amount for the TR. The total cost of being a wings cadet now is a ridiculous amount by anyone's standards. If you have a chance for the MPL course then do the only logical thing and take it.

EZY_FR
16th Dec 2015, 14:32
I thought it was common knowledge that you ultimately leave an integrated flight school with a frozen ATPL? I fail to see what relevance this has to this thread anyway.

Good luck to all those still waiting!

TheManFromThatPlace
16th Dec 2015, 14:50
Little relevance but BVB said something about "every other ATPL course graduate". The wrong terminology used by many there I find quite annoying, just wondered if others think the same.

Danielwings
16th Dec 2015, 17:25
I have a start date, the 07/03/2016 is when check into my accommodation in New Zealand. Interestingly the ground school is done over there too! I was not expecting that!

Is there anyone else on my training course with ctc? (apologies for the caps lock in my initial post I was slightly exited at the time).

hawkeye456
17th Dec 2015, 02:12
I also have a start date of the 7th of March. I'm not sure about the ground school being in NZ though. It's a tad confusing. It states Hamilton uk but in course prep states you need to have flight booked for NZ by the 26 th week of training.

Anyway, tried to pm you danielwings but wouldn't let me

Danielwings
17th Dec 2015, 05:58
It does say Hamilton uk,but the dates are also all a year out so I'm not sure about the reliability of that document. I'm going to ring them today. I can't find a way to pm you either.

EZYDan95
17th Dec 2015, 11:06
Hi guys, I've also been enrolled on the course starting 07/03 and surprised about Hamilton also. Let me know what you find out regarding the above, feel free to pm me as can't seem to send either of you a message :)

Danielwings
17th Dec 2015, 12:12
I have spoken to ctc today, if anyone on the course wants to get in touch with me the only option I can think of is an email. My email address is [email protected]. Pop me an email and I'll reply as PM really is not working for me!

Flying_monkey
17th Dec 2015, 18:32
Got the call from OAA today! No start date yet though!

Can't believe it!

niallpilot
18th Dec 2015, 20:40
I also got a phone call from OAA yesterday to say I was successful!

Ab.Initio.4991
19th Dec 2015, 06:29
I received a phone call with a positive result from CAE on Thursday :)

V1R
20th Dec 2015, 20:17
I also got the good news from CTC last week, and will be starting in NZ on the 7th March along with you guys that have posted above.

If there's anyone else who made it but hasn't posted yet, then drop me a PM. It would be nice get to know a few of you before we start!

HEJT2015
2nd Apr 2016, 09:59
Just wondering.. I know that there's a forum regarding the effect of Brexit on the aviation industry, but if the UK were to leave the EU, would that significantly effect EasyJet's recruitment plans? - such as the EZY MPL 2017

portsharbourflyer
3rd Apr 2016, 17:04
There are a lot more EU nationals flying for UK based airlines than there are UK nationals flying for European airlines. The language fluency requirements for German, Spanish and French airlines precluded most UK pilots from been able to gain employment in Europe.

Swiss Air seem to operated into every European country, so been non-EU doesn't seem to affect their ability to operate across Europe.

Cadet_2016
19th Apr 2016, 17:00
Dear Cadets/Pilots/Instructors,

This year I am finishing my sixth year of study in Scotland. I want to apply for the easyJet MPL programme. Recently, I read that FTE Jerez has become an end graduate supplier for easyJet.

My question, is it possible that easyJet will open a cadet programme in FTE Jerez in the near future?

Also, is there any specific preparation material that may be found to help with the selection process?

Thank you for your time.

wonder88
19th Apr 2016, 21:56
For new cadets undertaking their training with CTC Aviation, CAE or FTE Jerez, many will have the opportunity to apply for all or part of their training loan (between £30,000 to £100,000) underwritten by the airline and some experienced pilots joining from other airlines can also apply for the opportunity to have their type rating loan underwritten.

Good news for sponsored cadets??

gbotley
20th Apr 2016, 11:34
It's an easyJet press release.
easyJet opens recruitment for 450 pilot positions - Pilot Career News (http://www.pilotcareernews.com/easyjet-opens-recruitment-for-450-pilot-positions/)

CTC, FTE and the usual are involved, although on asking them it hasn't filtered down to them completely yet so i imagine the specifics are still being worked on. It's unknown whether this applies to ATPL or simply MPL cadets at this stage. Most likely the latter. It's also unknown if it will apply to the MPL intake in the latter part of 2016.

flyingintheclouds
21st Apr 2016, 13:25
Apparently 400 cadets that looks promising! Especially if they're underwriting loans.

FlyVeryHigh-
21st Apr 2016, 13:55
Hm. I got excited when i seen this a few days ago but now I'm a little sceptical. If you look on that link it says that you can apply now, so it takes you to the careers section of the site. If you look at the vacancies there are 3 relatable to this press release.

1. Amy Johnson initiative;
2. Cadet co-pilots - Switzerland;
3. Future cadet programme - Switzerland.

So the problem with 1 (if you're a male that is) is that the offer is there to underwrite loans for 6 females only, nothing here about underwriting loans for males, so guys, I think we're out for this option.

2. Cadet co-pilots - read it. It's for graduates who have GRADUATED from an approved easyjet training organisation. The offer is here to underwrite a loan for type rating. Again, good if you're an ab-initio grad.

3. Future cadet programme - It states you have to self fund training at an approved easyjet training organisation AND type rating.

I suspect, but I may be wrong, that when they say about underwriting loans of 30k-100k that they're talking about the 6 100k loans for the Amy Johnson initiative, and at the other end of the scale, the 30k needed for the cadet co-pilots from point 2.

The 400 cadet pilots will be a mix of already qualified and ab initio, but I suspect more qualified than an initio, and for an initio... I don't think there would be any offer for loan underwriting there.

That's just my view on it, and I welcome being corrected at some point in the future! :)

Airbus Airhead
1st May 2016, 08:02
The easyjet mpl is re opening within the next couple of weeks. They are also hoping to announce something exciting regarding CTC and easyjet very shortly.

EZY_FR
1st May 2016, 21:53
Do you know if both the OAA and the CTC scheme will reopen at the same time?

TheSkiingPilot
2nd May 2016, 16:15
I applied to EasyJet about 12 days ago, and completed the assessments 2 days later. I got an email reading the following a a few minutes later: 'We are pleased to inform you that you have successfully completed the online assessment which is the first stage of the recruitment process. Your application and CV will now be screened for evidence of the competences that are critical to success in a pilot role.'

I still haven't got a reply from them yet as to whether I've been successful or not. A friend of mine, who's at the same level as I am in terms of experience and age etc..., completed the assessment and got a rejection email about 30 mins later.

Does this mean the post-assessment email works automatically, so if a point threshold isn't reached, you automatically get sent a rejection email, and if you've passed this limit, they take a look at your application and assessment?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

flg2580
4th May 2016, 09:46
Dear Aviators,

I'm new around here, registered to share some info with you regarding this subject.

I'm a Portuguese Pilot, with no airline experience, still looking for the 1st job.

Unsuccessfull at Ryanair 2 years ago, and tried to apply for this position.

I'm not an AETO graduate, but since they stated that other cases can be reviewed, i tried and was successfull at the first stage on the online assessment.

I have a friend who was unsuccessfull, so you need to achieve a benchmark in order to pass to the next phase.

Still waiting for the next stage, but I'm also contacting CTC in case I'm unsucessfull, in order to have a new opportunity through their Flexicrew program.

Thank you all for sharing your opinions.

Best Regards and awesome flights.

320h TT

girlintheskies
5th May 2016, 06:39
Does anybody can tell me about the easyJet Loan for Type Rating?

1. Do we have to self fund the type rating?
2. If we self fund the type rating is there a guaranteed job?
3. Do EasyJet pay for our loan upon getting the job or we have to shoulder it al throughout?

I'm confused please let me know. I do know that few years ago EasyJet would fund the Type rating loan and then make u stay in the company for a number of year.

P06T
7th May 2016, 07:41
Hi Guys,

Does anyone know what the online assessment consists of?

flyingintheclouds
9th May 2016, 08:03
I see applications for the MPL scheme are now open. I see there is now a technical and non technical selection day at Dibden.

Hoddington
9th May 2016, 08:12
I see there is now a technical and non technical selection day at Dibden.
Are you sure? From the CTC website info it suggests
CTC Aviation 1 day assessment followed by a shortlist process. Top performing candidates will be invited to easyJet for a non-technical assessment day.

flyingintheclouds
9th May 2016, 10:16
Selection

If successful, you will be invited to attend an initial, technical selection day with CTC Aviation at our Airline Resourcing and Selection Centre – Dibden Manor, UK

If successful, you will be invited to attend a further, nontechnical selection day with CTC Aviation and easyJet at our Airline Resourcing and Selection Centre – Dibden Manor, UK

Those shortlisted will be required to attend a further selection event with easyJet

Perhaps not everything has been finalised.

C.T.G.
10th May 2016, 07:51
I applied to EasyJet about 12 days ago, and completed the assessments 2 days later. I got an email reading the following a a few minutes later: 'We are pleased to inform you that you have successfully completed the online assessment which is the first stage of the recruitment process. Your application and CV will now be screened for evidence of the competences that are critical to success in a pilot role.'

I still haven't got a reply from them yet as to whether I've been successful or not. A friend of mine, who's at the same level as I am in terms of experience and age etc..., completed the assessment and got a rejection email about 30 mins later.

Does this mean the post-assessment email works automatically, so if a point threshold isn't reached, you automatically get sent a rejection email, and if you've passed this limit, they take a look at your application and assessment?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!
TheSkiingPilot, I applied at about the same time by the looks of it, no response just yet either, apart from the 'welcome, but don't call us' email. I suspect your fiend may not have fared well in the assessment to be auto excluded that quickly.
The time frame for the assessment of this intake will be quite large I would think, given the undoubtedly huge number of applicants.
Best of luck and post back when you hear.

jswift98
10th May 2016, 17:39
I am 17 and want to apply to the easyjet MPL programme at CTC I'm currently coming to the end of my first year of A-levels and I am wondering if I am allowed to apply as it says you have to be 18 before commencing training but if I spy and successful at 17 can't I just start training at 18? That would make the earliest date to start traing around 13 months is that too long for Easyjet to wait?

wonder88
10th May 2016, 18:39
Have you even got predicted grades for your A levels yet?

Lokki
10th May 2016, 19:03
Have you started puberty?

Flaplesslanding
10th May 2016, 19:24
With the white tail route the longest possible time between selection and the start of training is 6 months, so I would strongly suggest 13 months is too long. Especially for a competitive course like the easyJet MPL. Assuming the world doesn't turn upside down in the next 12 months it would be very surprising if the MPL doesn't reopen again this time next year.

Or you could try phoning CTC for an official answer about selection rather than asking a website... Just a thought!

wonder88
10th May 2016, 21:52
easyJet to underwrite loan funding for next generation of pilots (http://www.ctcaviation.com/news/easyjet-to-underwrite-loan-funding-for-next-generation-of-pilots/)

Good luck to those few who make it through.

wonder88
10th May 2016, 21:56
To ensure those who have not yet completed their A-Level studies do not miss out on the opportunity to apply, the airline is allowing those with predicted grades that meet the required entry criteria) to submit an application. The grades must be achieved and the applicant 18 years of age to commence training. The first successful candidates will begin their training during summer 2016.

The above is why I asked my question, it seems you're one year too early. Do your research over the next year and I'm sure you'll be ready.

LandingConfig
10th May 2016, 22:03
Best posted here: http://www.pprune.org/interviews-jobs-sponsorship/568201-easyjet-2016-a-10.html#post9372439

EDIT: merged.

tumtiddle
11th May 2016, 08:22
Worth noting they've upped the requirements for the course now. It was only GCSEs the last few times I looked at the course, but it's now upped to need two A-levels too, which unfortunately rules me out of applying (and has really ragged me off - finally back to an airline underwriting the loan and I can't apply).

flyingintheclouds
11th May 2016, 09:01
Sorry to hear about that for you, but if I remember rightly the standard is dropping it used to be two a levels at BC now its only CC

captain.weird
11th May 2016, 14:29
For the guys who have applied, after how many days you hear that you were (un)successful at the online assessment?

Or is the first email that you get directly after the online assessment the news that you've passed the first stage?

foxy2112
11th May 2016, 14:49
Just applied so looking forward to getting a response! Good luck to everyone:ok:

GeorgEGNT
11th May 2016, 15:27
Good luck to all

HEJT2015
11th May 2016, 16:28
I've submitted my application too. Does anyone know the realistic timescale it would take to hear a reply from CTC on whether successful to stage 2 or not..?

KayPam
11th May 2016, 18:43
Hello
I am going to submit my application as well.
I've read this thread but not found answers for these questions :

If one already holds a PPL, can the training costs be reduced, even by a bit ?
I read that holding a degree and/or professional experience is a plus, is it really the case ?
What are typical time scales between application and first answer, selection, and beginning of training ?

What does the assesment process look like ? What will happen during this interview day ?

Do we have an idea of the number of candidates vs number of candidates selected for selection days vs number of accepted candidates ?

Who the :mad: are we supposed to give as referees ? They want people having known us for more than 5 years without being relatives or friends.. People who I've known for more than 5 years usually become friends...

Thanks very much

LandingConfig
11th May 2016, 19:27
Your best bet is to look back at previous years' threads.

KayPam
11th May 2016, 23:00
Are you refering to this 241 page thread ?
http://www.pprune.org/interviews-jobs-sponsorship/250640-ctc-wings-cadets-thread-part-2-a-241.html

FlyVeryHigh-
12th May 2016, 08:54
Would be good to get an insight into some of the T+C's of this.

UK base? Salary? Would we be directly employed by easyJet, or on one of this temporary contracts that needs renewed after 3 years? The security bond is repaid "once full employed by easyJet"; is this from day 1 flying the A320 or (dependent on my previous question), do we still need to have a permanent type contract with EZY (In which there is no guarantee?)

I'm not being negative, more a realist in terms of thinking of long term employment and loan repayments.

Cheers!:ok:

LandingConfig
12th May 2016, 10:13
I don't think a UK base is guaranteed anymore, perhaps even less likely now given the recent opening of bases in MAD and BCN (that's based on the assumption that cadets will be sent there, don't take my word for it!).

mackoi
12th May 2016, 10:15
Sincerelly, do not expect to recover the security bond. Only if you are employed directly by EZY in a UK base you will get it back, so in the short term do not even think about it.

The price of flying an orange 320 is £109,000 (138.000€) plus living and other expenses and that's it.

FlyVeryHigh-
12th May 2016, 10:58
The wooly wording in the brochure and on the CTC page and lack of clarity regarding some very important T&Cs just makes me very nervous. I feared that the above may be true!

LandingConfig
12th May 2016, 13:33
Are you refering to this 241 page thread ?
http://www.pprune.org/interviews-jobs-sponsorship/250640-ctc-wings-cadets-thread-part-2-a-241.html
http://www.pprune.org/interviews-jobs-sponsorship/512581-easyjet-mpl-through-ctc.html

http://www.pprune.org/interviews-jobs-sponsorship/537470-easyjet-mpl-2014-oaa-ctc.html

MaverickPrime
12th May 2016, 15:02
Sound me out people.

Is it not something like....
1st year as a cadet circa £18k
2nd & 3rd year - fixed term contract as a second officer circa £41k/yr
4th year - signed on to permanent contract as first officer, £45k rising to £57k plus flying pay, pension and perks?

Easyjet has DE contracts on offer for first officers in Europe, probably as part of their 'turn Europe orange' plans. Maybe you would get a perm contract quicker after training if you were willing to go to the continent??

All speculation on my part folks....

FlyVeryHigh-
12th May 2016, 15:22
That £18k first year would be a killer.

Its another interview process though to upgrade your fixed term to permanent isn't it? I'm sure I've heard of people being unsuccessful at this point.

Would be great to get some clarity from someone possibly going through the EZY MPL at the moment!

sujiong
12th May 2016, 22:52
Anyone know how long the current CTC application window is likely to stay open for?

KayPam
13th May 2016, 00:17
Would you have salaries in € ?
My idea of the easyjet salary was a typical 5000 (including all flights, net income) per month, is that not the case ?

Let's forget that "cadet year" (which is a shame by the way...) and talk about how much flying pays can account to during two years as second officer ?

What happens if you don't get the permanent position ?

Thanks

MaverickPrime
13th May 2016, 12:56
KayPam,

Nobody, including me, really knows for sure what mpl graduates would be offered after training because airlines change contracts constantly.

However, I certainly can tell you that no FO in any airline earns €5000 net, more like €5000 gross. Maybe a FO at BA/AF/Lufthansa with 15 years seniority and training duties might earn €5000 net.

Check out the EJ career page on their website and you will see the contracts EJ is currently offering at EU bases but, bear in mind these are for experienced FOs. It would be reasonable to suggest that any cadets would be offered lower terms initially.

Ps, I tried to insert the links to EJ website but it won't work, sorry!

dirk85
13th May 2016, 14:47
On the italian, french and german direct easyjet contract 5000 eur is more or less right, even on the low side for some bases. At least SFOs...

Do t know about the uk.

seen_the_box
13th May 2016, 22:04
However, I certainly can tell you that no FO in any airline earns €5000 net, more like €5000 gross. Maybe a FO at BA/AF/Lufthansa with 15 years seniority and training duties might earn €5000 net.

SFO's in at least two easyJet bases earn considerably more than €5000 net. Swiss based SFOs are taking home more than €7000 a month with the current exchange rates.

Aviationpilot
15th May 2016, 17:56
Anyone know how long the current CTC application window is likely to stay open for?
Sujiong,

I think it is open for at least a month, but you should ensure to get your application in as soon as possible.

Aviationpilot
15th May 2016, 18:06
Hi jswift98

So you are completing your first year of AS Level? If so, I'm afraid you can't apply as you need to be at the end of your final year of A Levels so you can meet easyJet's requirements.

Education Requirements:

-Be at least 18 years of age

-Hold a minimum of 5 GCSEs (or equivalent) Grade C or above, including maths, science and English language

-Hold a minimum of 2 A-levels with predicted or achieved grades of C and above* (excluding general studies and critical thinking) Please be aware that if you are offered a place on the programme, you will not be able to begin until you are awarded your final grades. Those who do not achieve required grades may still have the opportunity to join easyJet through another CTC Aviation route.

If you meant that you were completing you final year of A Levels, then certainly apply!

ManUtd1999
15th May 2016, 20:06
I've been critical of Easyjet and various other airlines on here in the past for their cadet recruitment so it's only fair really that I congratulate them this time. The opportunity to get loan guarantees is a game-changer for lots of potential applicants.

Beware though, 109,000 is a huge amount of money to take out and there is no guaranteed bond repayment like BA FPP. Loan repayments could easily hit 1500/month if interest rates rise. Take 15k+ off your salary before you start and the figures don't look so rosy...

RexBanner
16th May 2016, 06:50
MaverickPrime, completely wrong. You don't need 15 years seniority and a TRE position at BA to net €5,000 a month. That's what you'll earn as bog standard F/O in year one! In fact you'll earn around €5,500 net on average.

MaverickPrime
16th May 2016, 08:56
MaverickPrime, completely wrong. You don't need 15 years seniority and a TRE position at BA to net €5,000 a month. That's what you'll earn as bog standard F/O in year one! In fact you'll earn around €5,500 net on average.

So your saying you'll earn, on average, €66,000.00 net per year which is roughly €110,000.00 gross per year as a year one FO?

A EJ, SFO in Italy gets €85k/yr gross and no I'm not getting this from ppjn.

FlyVeryHigh-
16th May 2016, 09:19
Some more clarity.

Security Bond Repayment: Not as good as it seems on paper.This is not paid on top of your salary, so year 2 in EJ for example (in the UK) you’re looking at around £40k/41k; and so the security bond will be repaid at £12k per year. Therefore, your £40k salary will drop to £28k and the security bond will top this up to the £40k. The slight advantage here is that the £12k is tax free, so instead of the tax free allowance of £11k, your tax free allowance would be around £23k.

Employment: If you get a UK base then you go on a CTC flexicrew contract for up to 3 years with the opportunity to become employed by EJ permanently. If you get a European base you become employed by EJ immediately…but you don’t get your security bond back. However, the salary is slightly higher (in most EU bases) and you get all of the employee benefits from the start.

jamesgrainge
16th May 2016, 09:38
Anyone thought about the fact its a 40% tax rate in UK, just to remove 10,000 a year from your actual take home, minus loan amounts, the first three years are HARD!

RascoFlyer
16th May 2016, 10:16
Yes but, bond of 12k takes pay to 28k then 11k free allowance taxes taxable pay to 17k, only paying 3.5k tax and 2.4k ni

RexBanner
16th May 2016, 10:18
Maverick Prime, you're talking to a BA pilot I think I know what the net figure is on my payslip every month. I'm not going to start going into it in depth, the information is all freely available but suffice to say you have estimated the taxes and personal allowances completely wrong. If you're looking for a gross figure for a year one BA F/O it's just over £70k or €90k.

Anyway this thread is meant to be about easyJet. I just interjected because your assertion that you couldn't achieve €5k a month except if you had fifteen years of seniority in a legacy airline was completely laughable.

Of course Alex Cruz may have different ideas in years to come. After all, one lady wrote to him saying she was taking her business to Emirates in future and now we all have to make massive cuts to the business!

FlyVeryHigh-
16th May 2016, 10:19
You won't hit the 40% tax rate in your first 3 years; the fact that the taxable salary is dropped from £40k to £28K means that your taxed 20% on £17K. The £12K bond repayment is tax free thus your complete tax free income is £23K with a £17K taxable = £40K

sujiong
16th May 2016, 16:57
Sujiong,

I think it is open for at least a month, but you should ensure to get your application in as soon as possible.

Thanks a lot for that - needed to know because I'm on holiday at the moment but it looks like I'm going to have to spend a bit of the holiday on it!

Aviationpilot
16th May 2016, 19:15
Thanks a lot for that - needed to know because I'm on holiday at the moment but it looks like I'm going to have to spend a bit of the holiday on it!

Your're very welcome! Yes, it will be well worth it once successful through all the selection stages.

Enjoy the Holiday!

RascoFlyer
16th May 2016, 23:01
Just recieved an invite to come for a selection day, it'll be split into two days so a bit of a pain coming from up north

Scagrams
17th May 2016, 07:02
May I ask what dates you got? In order to get an idea...thanks!

flyingintheclouds
17th May 2016, 07:04
What sort of dates are they giving for the selections?

RascoFlyer
17th May 2016, 07:53
Only 2nd june so far, four slots in a day each two hours

adnarm
17th May 2016, 08:31
Hi Everyone,

I got my invite to assessment day also, sure beats a PFO!

I am away on the 2/6 but I have spoken to the team and there WILL be more dates after the 2nd. The very helpful lady said they should be added this/next week.

Hope that helps anyone in a similar position to me - good luck!

GeorgEGNT
17th May 2016, 08:51
Received my invite this morning. Haven't logged onto check dates yet. Will advise if more have been added.
Good luck to everyone

flyingintheclouds
17th May 2016, 09:10
And what's the cost?

FlyVeryHigh-
17th May 2016, 09:25
Assessment is broken into 2 days.

Day 1: Technical (Computer based aptitude and numerical test)

Cost: £295.20

If you pass Day 1 you will be invited to Day 2

Day 2: Group work and interview

Cost: Free

flyingintheclouds
17th May 2016, 10:22
That's annoying they've broken that into two days!

MaverickPrime
17th May 2016, 10:24
Maverick Prime, you're talking to a BA pilot I think I know what the net figure is on my payslip every month. I'm not going to start going into it in depth, the information is all freely available but suffice to say you have estimated the taxes and personal allowances completely wrong. If you're looking for a gross figure for a year one BA F/O it's just over £70k or €90k.

Anyway this thread is meant to be about easyJet. I just interjected because your assertion that you couldn't achieve €5k a month except if you had fifteen years of seniority in a legacy airline was completely laughable.

Of course Alex Cruz may have different ideas in years to come. After all, one lady wrote to him saying she was taking her business to Emirates in future and now we all have to make massive cuts to the business!

I'm not so sure my tax allowances are all that far off!

As for BA, my hat off to you then sir!

As for Alex Cruz, I hope he isn't another airline manager who views his employees as a liability!

I shall digress no further, back to easyJet....

MaverickPrime
17th May 2016, 10:43
Some more clarity.

Security Bond Repayment: Not as good as it seems on paper.This is not paid on top of your salary, so year 2 in EJ for example (in the UK) you’re looking at around £40k/41k; and so the security bond will be repaid at £12k per year. Therefore, your £40k salary will drop to £28k and the security bond will top this up to the £40k. The slight advantage here is that the £12k is tax free, so instead of the tax free allowance of £11k, your tax free allowance would be around £23k.

Employment: If you get a UK base then you go on a CTC flexicrew contract for up to 3 years with the opportunity to become employed by EJ permanently. If you get a European base you become employed by EJ immediately…but you don’t get your security bond back. However, the salary is slightly higher (in most EU bases) and you get all of the employee benefits from the start.

Salaries aside, do you know how working for EJ in Europe compares to the UK? Rosters/Leave etc?

GeorgEGNT
17th May 2016, 16:41
2nd and 9th of June were the options when I booked mine.

Aviationpilot
17th May 2016, 19:31
I applied the day the scheme was launched and haven't heard back yet. Is it looking likely that I've not made the cut seeing as others have been given selection dates?

JPFTEJerez,

Everyone still has a great chance in getting in for the first day of selection. That's if you meet all requirements. Every candidate has selected a date within the second part of the application stating 'how early can you start training'.

If for example, you have selected 20th of June 2016, the selection team will prioritise individuals who have selected an earlier date. I'm not saying this is ruling anyone out but they start with candidates who have selected the earliest times. (Only if successful through screening stage)
Additionally, if successful through screening stage, candidates are able to select from the available dates for Assessment one.

There will be various days to suit successful candidates of the screening process for Assessment one.

If you look at it this way, if you were unsuccessful you would have got a rejection Email. Just wait patiently, you will be notified soon.

I hope this helps

adnarm
17th May 2016, 21:04
I am currently in the process of moving to Canada with my Girlfriend, and I have been invited to an assessment day. Money is extremely tight as I am putting every penny towards our move in September/October.

£300 is obviously a large price to pay, but possibly worth it if it is one last shot at chasing my dream. Does anyone know the realistic odds of being successful?

Scagrams
18th May 2016, 06:22
Got the mail last night, going to next stage! Dates are indeed 2nd and 9th of June.

Aviationpilot
18th May 2016, 10:50
I am currently in the process of moving to Canada with my Girlfriend, and I have been invited to an assessment day. Money is extremely tight as I am putting every penny towards our move in September/October.

£300 is obviously a large price to pay, but possibly worth it if it is one last shot at chasing my dream. Does anyone know the realistic odds of being successful?

Adnarm,

Yes it is a huge expense to pay out, especially for the first day of Assessment.

I'm aware of your situation but of course it is worth it! Never let your dream aspiration be put off by anything at all.

Every candidate has one opportunity of getting into the next stage of Assessment.

If you consider attending the Assessment day, you must give it 110%! After all, this is your dream career!

It is entirely up to you!

If you decide to go ahead with the assessment day, I wish you all the best! If for any reason you become unsuccessful, please don't let this prevent you from applying again to this particular FTO (Flight Training Organisation) or any other.

To answer your question in what are the odds of being successful. There are no odds, you shouldn't look at it like that way. You should look at it, in a more positive outlook.

I highly recommend you attending the assessment day!

All the best to ya!

speedbird97
18th May 2016, 11:51
Hi just a quick question to those who got invited for selection. I've submitted my application, and wanted to know approx how long before you guys got a reply?

Also congrats on getting through phase 1!

Those who are applying good luck to all!

Thanks !

FutureCadet
18th May 2016, 15:06
Some more clarity.

I find the CTC website a bit misleading. I was disappointed to find out that you don't actually work on an easyJet contract when you finish line training. You start off on a flexicrew contract for 7-8 months before you have the opportunity to apply for an easyJet contract for which you have to go through another interview...

Aviationpilot
18th May 2016, 15:20
Hi just a quick question to those who got invited for selection. I've submitted my application, and wanted to know approx how long before you guys got a reply?

Also congrats on getting through phase 1!

Those who are applying good luck to all!

Thanks !

Hi speedbird97

It may take up to three weeks for the selection team to screen every candidate.

You should wait patiently prior to a notification Email if successful through screening stage.

Only a minority of candidates have received an email in regards to booking an assessment day. There is only a few dates to choose from which currently run within the first two weeks of June.

There will be more dates to follow.

Again be patient, and good luck!

speedbird97
18th May 2016, 16:01
Thanks Aviationpilot!

snakey-111
18th May 2016, 17:49
For anyone that is interested, I sent my application off on the 12th May and received my offer for the selection day today (18th). And I had said I couldn't start until 1/7/2016.

But completely agree, be patient, if they had decided it wasn't for you, you would know by now! Good Luck everyone, see you at Dibden Manor!

Fieldins
18th May 2016, 19:24
Hi guys.. Any news about easyJet Switzerland selection process?

C.T.G.
19th May 2016, 08:29
Fieldins, not easy to tell who in here is referring to the Swiss applications from fATPL holders, still no news for me, has been about 4 weeks.