View Full Version : easyJet 2016

Pages : 1 [2] 3 4 5

Raccatto
19th May 2016, 09:10
Hi All!
I couldn't find any decent answer from the EasyJet Web FAQ + information.
Regarding:
Co-Pilot:_ Non Type Rated
does someone know if :
1_you have to pay upfront the TR training and sign for a x years bond .
2_ you sign immediately a bond covering the TR without paying when you start the training
3_ you have to pay upfront the TR training and there's no bond.
Thank you!

Regards.

save
19th May 2016, 09:13
same for me , applied for swiss application ATPL holders , after received successful email for online test i'm still waiting further info , are the screening first MPL applications ? and after the other ?

GE115b
19th May 2016, 11:22
Hi,

I also have been invited to assessment. However, something is bothering me about the MPL scheme.

Has anybody had any deeper insight into the training loans that EasyJet are willing to underwrite?

Does this mean that you apply to the bank for X amount, EasyJet act as your guarantor and subject to a credit check you get the money?

I understand it is a complicated issue to resolve on a forum. The reason I ask is because there is no way my family or I could guarantee the £109k required for the MPL. Im trying to save every penny towards training modular and I would be uneasy about spending money on travel, accommodation and assessment only to find out I can't actually afford it in the end.

I'm not looking for anyone to make the decision for me, I'm just fishing for more info.

Thanks.

byrondaf
19th May 2016, 21:02
Hi GE115b,

easyJet were underwriters for my type rating costs. Once you've got the confirmation email from easyJet about what amount of the loan they'll underwrite for you (as there are a few different offers for the MPL scheme I believe) then BBVA will get in touch and you get the loan through them.
I think in the application you send to them you have to send a credit report from Experian and then maybe they use that somehow to determine affordability. Not exactly sure on the finer details to be honest. But your parents/friends/family credit doesn't come into it if easyJet are underwriting it.

Hope that helps a bit. Maybe others can shed more light.

P06T
20th May 2016, 00:09
No reply re Switzerland application for fatpl

chris_mc87
20th May 2016, 06:45
Passed the EZY Swiss online assessment on 11.05.16. No reply from them as yet.

adnarm
20th May 2016, 10:10
@Aviationpilot thanks for your reply, it was just the motivation needed at the right time. Assessment booked, nothing to lose!

@byrondaf (fellow Croydoner) - thanks for highlighting the finance side - very helpful

GE115b
20th May 2016, 15:28
Hi GE115b,

easyJet were underwriters for my type rating costs. Once you've got the confirmation email from easyJet about what amount of the loan they'll underwrite for you (as there are a few different offers for the MPL scheme I believe) then BBVA will get in touch and you get the loan through them.
I think in the application you send to them you have to send a credit report from Experian and then maybe they use that somehow to determine affordability. Not exactly sure on the finer details to be honest. But your parents/friends/family credit doesn't come into it if easyJet are underwriting it.

Hope that helps a bit. Maybe others can shed more light.

Thanks, very helpful!!

rick0
20th May 2016, 18:44
Hello all,

Anyone know if it's worth applying if you haven't technically got 2 A-Levels at grade C or above BUT you have equivalent / about to graduate with a degree? I ask because I get the impression they will filter out applications before reading them!

Cheers :)

crowsnest1
20th May 2016, 18:57
Your best bet is to just submit it and see what happens! That's the only way you'll get a definite answer :)

adnarm
21st May 2016, 08:22
Hello all,

Anyone know if it's worth applying if you haven't technically got 2 A-Levels at grade C or above BUT you have equivalent / about to graduate with a degree? I ask because I get the impression they will filter out applications before reading them!

Cheers :)

Hi Rick,

I am in the same boat as you, I only got one C at A level and a few other poor grades BUT I have a degree at 2:1 now. I called the selection team and they said that's fine.(FYI FTEJerez BA cityflyer said it's not worth applying due to not having two C's, I guess easyjet and CTC are more understanding)

Hope this helps

Aviationpilot
21st May 2016, 23:46
Dear Pilots/Cadets,

I would like to ask a quick question.

I'm aware that stage 1,2 and 3 is the application, CTC wings computer based assessment and airline interview respectively.

But, I'm unaware what stage 4 consists of keeping in mind that the CTC Wings website states that the selection day(s) for easyJet is spread over 2 days only?

Thank you very much for your time!

Good Evening Sir!

There are four phases.

Phase One: Screening Process

Phase Two: Technical Day (Aptitude tests - 6 sections, maths test - 15 questions) & Group Exercises.

Phase Three: Non-technical day - interview with CTC & easyJet

Phase Four: Presentation day with easyJet at HQ in Luton. Additionally, shortlisted candidates at this phase will again perform group exercises as well as presenting themselves in front of the easyJet selection team and the remaining candidates.

Yes, that is correct, it is spread over two days. Final phase is usually three days after being successful after phase three.

In completion of all phases and then obtaining a conditional offer to train, some cadets begin training over summer and others begin in January. However, this usually changes. Final year School students who get an offer, cannot start until August until they receive their A level grades. Only if they meet the minimum requirements; two c's.

Hope this helps.

777dream
22nd May 2016, 07:22
Hi Folks
Applied the second day I got the email about the opening of the programme and I have been invited to the assessment 5 days later .

I have not booked the assessment date yet ..trying to gather some cash for it but it is looking like the 02/06 for me .

Rascoflyer I read your from Manchester ..I will personally be flying down with Flybe as the price is the same and "its faster than rail"

Good luck to those applying

GeorgEGNT
22nd May 2016, 08:07
Following the technical and non technical selection days at CTC you are invited to a further selection event at easyJet.

777dream
22nd May 2016, 16:44
Following the technical and non technical selection days at CTC you are invited to a further selection event at easyJet.

That is correct ,the email I received says you enter a waiting period to be shortlisted by easyJet

Momo199850
22nd May 2016, 17:32
Hello guys! Is it a must to have 2 a-levels?? What about if you have an equivalent? Do they accept Btecs??

blondesrule18
23rd May 2016, 10:55
Hi all,

This might be a "how longs a piece of string" question but I applied to the Easyjet MPL course on the 12th May - should I have heard back by now if I was successful?

Thanks in advance :)

RascoFlyer
23rd May 2016, 19:42
I wouldn't write it off yet, they no doubt have thousands of applications to read through including the indigo ones so will be a bit slow. Also there are still only 8 options to choose from which I doubt is the amount they are willing to take. When speaking to them they plan on the whole selection taking until mid july, with the first start date being in august time so pleanty of time still.

speedbird97
24th May 2016, 14:21
Hi rascoflyer

Firstly thank you for your post was really helpful especially for me as I am currently taking my A2 exams. I have passed the first phase and been offered selection days. I wanted to ask if you knew exact dates at all for when in July they will take selection until, as I am not able to take selection day before 9th July due to my exams, which means I may need to withdraw my application and reapply in another opening.

Thanks anyway!

Hope everyone out there is well!

HEJT2015
25th May 2016, 12:19
Yeah that's a good shout! I'm booked on the 24th :)

Scagrams
25th May 2016, 12:52
Yea that would be nice! Booked on the 9th here.

Pilowtiste
25th May 2016, 14:42
Hi guys !
Cool idea ezy308, i'm booked for the 2nd :)

adnarm
25th May 2016, 14:50
I'm booked on the 12:30 on the 9th - I would be keen to join a facebook group

Scagrams
25th May 2016, 16:00
I guess a common group for everyone would be great, since basically we're all gonna do the same things, just at different times, right. Might help also for those that will be successful at day 1 to know a bit the persons with whom they're gonna do group exercises during day 2 !

Pilot CR
30th May 2016, 13:53
Is anyone aware of any assessment dates in July?

ConorPilot
30th May 2016, 16:12
ezy308, hi! :D
I am booked for the 2nd and would be interested in joining such a Facebook group.
I also see you're from Northern Ireland so if you'd like to exchange details I wouldn't mind at all.
I'm not all too sure how this works but feel free to drop me a message or a reply.

tcm1707
4th Jun 2016, 13:32
Has anyone heard back who attended an assessment on the 2nd of June? Only got an email saying that I won't be informed of the outcome until Monday. It's been an anxious wait so far.

ml11avc
4th Jun 2016, 14:07
Hi,

I am in the process of applying to the EZY MPL programme, and I intend on submitting the application with an easrliest possible start date of May 2017.
Does anybody have any idea whether this date would have an impact on my application?

Thanks! Good luck to all :)

HEJT2015
4th Jun 2016, 14:14
Everyone else is under the impression that they're going to hear back Monday, so it'd be highly unlikely to hear back before. Plus CTC don't work weekends :)

flyingintheclouds
4th Jun 2016, 17:01
Anyone aware of a closing date yet?

blondesrule18
6th Jun 2016, 14:17
Got my selection day on the 5th July eeekkkeeekkkk!

LandingConfig
6th Jun 2016, 14:37
When did you submit your application?

Helski
7th Jun 2016, 21:14
I heard I was successful in Phase 1 today, but no available slots to book a select day.

Jenna_Aviatrix
7th Jun 2016, 21:30
Evening, nice to meet you all, I am new here.

Just wondering how quickly people received an email to say whether their application for Generation easyJet MPL was successful or rejected?

I applied yesterday so I know its early days yet but I'm just interested to see other people's experiences.

Also, are there any other females here that have applied :)?

olivermbs
8th Jun 2016, 08:08
@Jenna it took about 3 weeks in my case. I'm now in the same boat as Helski - waiting for further selection day slots.

Jenna_Aviatrix
8th Jun 2016, 10:05
Ah ok, thanks for that info Oliver :). When you were told you were successful, did it say about the selection fee, how much it is and if you have to pay that before you can attend?

Helski
8th Jun 2016, 11:39
Selection is £295.20 and must be paid before you can book a slot. It took around 2-3 weeks to hear back on my application.

HEJT2015
8th Jun 2016, 12:06
Ah ok, thanks for that info Oliver :). When you were told you were successful, did it say about the selection fee, how much it is and if you have to pay that before you can attend?

The selection fee is a whopping £295.20 which covers the entirety of the assessment process (from stage 1 to stage 3). You do have to pay this fee before you continue to stage 2, and they send you a link on your application form so ideally you pay and choose the stage 2 date immediately. CTC took around two weeks to respond to me, but it will vary - maybe even increase due to the large volume they have to look through.

Jorge_Castro_e_Sousa
8th Jun 2016, 15:11
Hey guys !!

Just wondering if any of you got any email requesting more information about grades ?

Jenna_Aviatrix
8th Jun 2016, 16:12
Thanks for the info guys.....I'd better try to sell my PS3 and Kindle to come up with that money in time heh!
£400 for the EASA medical thereafter isn't it!

HEJT2015
8th Jun 2016, 19:16
Hey guys !!

Just wondering if any of you got any email requesting more information about grades ?

I got an email to update my application so it includes my predicted a-level grades. Roughly a week after I submitted it.

Jorge_Castro_e_Sousa
8th Jun 2016, 20:54
Thanks.

If you went through, good luck mate ;)

Helski
9th Jun 2016, 15:57
Hey guys !!

Yes I was asked to clarify something in regard to my grades. Resubmitted a couple of weeks ago and have just booked 19th July 12:30 selection session. Anyone else attending then?

HEJT2015
9th Jun 2016, 21:03
Stage 2 on the 24th, thank you and you too! ;)

tomahawk98
10th Jun 2016, 08:36
19/07/2016 - 14:30:00 anyone?

Jorge_Castro_e_Sousa
10th Jun 2016, 13:05
Yes I was asked to clarify something in regard to my grades. Resubmitted a couple of weeks ago and have just booked 19th July 12:30 selection session. Anyone else attending then?

Nice!!

I updated the info about 2 days ago and till now I'm waiting.

The best of luck for you.

KayPam
10th Jun 2016, 18:55
Yes, I'll be there at that time !
I will have to rent a car from gatwick in the morning, and get a hotel room for the night, as I don't think i won't be able to make it in time for the last return flight of the day (18:40 at Gatwick)

I will however have a seven hour margin to get to Dibden :p

What is the ratio of success for phase 2, 3, and 4 ?
I haven't found much info on these phases, especially the fourth one.

Scagrams
10th Jun 2016, 20:22
No more phase 4. That's what we've been told during phase 2. Easyjet assessor will however be there during day 2 (phase 3)

Scagrams
11th Jun 2016, 19:23
The second and third phase of selection are indeed two separate days. For example I had day one last Thursday, and got day two on August 11th.

pug
11th Jun 2016, 21:00
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenna_Aviatrix View Post
Thanks for the info guys.....I'd better try to sell my PS3 and Kindle to come up with that money in time heh!
£400 for the EASA medical thereafter isn't it!
£468 for the Class 1 Initial in the UK.

May I strongly recommend that you complete the Class 1 at the soonest!? Don't wait to be selected for a cadet program before you to go for it , as hold ups are not uncommon, even in seemingly otherwise healthy people.

JPFTEJerez
11th Jun 2016, 22:36
The second and third phase of selection are indeed two separate days. For example I had day one last Thursday, and got day two on August 11th.

Thanks for clearing that up

sujiong
12th Jun 2016, 22:01
This article (http://http://www.ctcaviation.com/news/easyjet-to-underwrite-loan-funding-for-next-generation-of-pilots/) says that the loans that easyJet will consider underwriting are up to £100,000. I'm guessing this means that you would still have to find £9000 to make up the difference of the cost, plus your living expenses. Anyone know whether on previous courses the bank has lent the whole £109,000?

Chris2Fly
13th Jun 2016, 19:03
19/07/2016 - 14:30:00 anyone?
I've got that date as well. I'll be leaving plenty of time for my drive down, knowing my luck i'll get stuck in traffic!

777dream
13th Jun 2016, 19:49
19/07/2016 14.30 here tomahawk see you there

KayPam
14th Jun 2016, 21:58
Chris : could you confirm you are positive we can drive all the way to dibden manor ? (ie : will there be parking space for us ?)
If so I'll be driving on the right seat for the first time ever :D

I'm 21, would you happen to know any company who would let me rent a car for less than 67 £ per day ?
Add fuel and your journey from gatwick to dibden adds up to 110€
Cheapest option would be bus (30£) + taxi (40£) : 90€

Thanks

RascoFlyer
14th Jun 2016, 23:18
You can drive there yes but come early as the parking is sometimes cramped. Best thing to do is get the bus or train to southampton then taxi or there is a bus that goes near dibden manor if you have time and want to save money. I took the taxi last year and was only £10 from Southampton, if uber is there it maybe cheaper now. Or even better, fly to southampton if possible?

lindsey.cauchi
15th Jun 2016, 06:53
has anyone booked a date in July and want to switch to 8th August please?

MattC123
15th Jun 2016, 10:50
Be wary of getting a taxi if you're working within a budget! I was on a strict budget and got a taxi from Dibden Manor to the airport earlier this year and it was upwards of £40. If I had more time I would've done what I did on the way there - train between Southampton Central - Airport (~£3) // bus between Southampton Central - Dibden (~£5)// taxi between Dibden bus stop (near Tesco) - Dibden Manor (~£8).

KayPam
15th Jun 2016, 21:36
Ok, train it will be. I'll rely on your advice for the availability and price of a cab :p

Have you got any idea of the ratio of candidates who'll advance to the next phase after day 1 and day 2 ?
I'm currently wondering if I should use half my free time or all of it to prepare for the selection.

Jenna_Aviatrix
15th Jun 2016, 22:49
Has anyone found, or can recommend, any free PILAPT test online?
The only ones I can seem to find are ones you have to pay quite a bit for.....which is fair enough, but I would prefer to have my application accepted before I pay for these packages.
Am still waiting to hear back from CTC about my application

777dream
16th Jun 2016, 18:18
I think it is cheaper and quicker to just fly to Southampton then get a train to Totton train station and bus it to Dibden.
Below is how I ended up deciding on flying ,train and bus.

Flight £87 return
Train from Airport to Totton £9.4 return
Bus - Totton to Dibden not sure how much this will be but should not be much.
Accommodation offered by CTC is 54 quid per night and breakfast

Total £205-230

As you mentioned you might be renting a car at £67/day which I assume you will have the car for 2 days at £134 plus the accommodation of £108 .Not even topped up fuel for the trip !!!

Just my opinion though ,go with what is comfortable for you :)

KayPam
16th Jun 2016, 21:39
Flights from France to Southampton are pretty rare... In the end I opted for the train + taxi. Let's hope taxis will be easy to find. Or i'll ride the bus and walk, it's a detail.

The plan was absolutely not to rent a car for two days : that's completely unecessary :p
Where did you find an accomodation for 108£ ? Mine was 67£ at gatwick airport.

777dream
17th Jun 2016, 20:03
aha my bad ,I was of the impression that you are coming from Manchester !

The accommodation is offered with the help of CTC .
There is an email in your booking confirmation which you write to asking for rates .

I got mine for £54 a night in the assessment centre itself:ok:

tomahawk98
18th Jun 2016, 22:25
It would be great to put together a little group on Facebook to track how we all get on.

777dream I've sent you a message.
Chris2Fly are you able to send me a message on here.

Just noticed I was using an old e-mail on here :O. Try again!

Dawn Patrol
19th Jun 2016, 08:32
I've had a good trawl through the previous threads and haven't found a solid answer...

Does anyone have any insight into whether CTC have the same requirement as CAE of not exceeding 85 hrs previous flight experience?

I can't find it mentioned anywhere.

Further to this, any idea if holding a CPL from a non-Euro country would make a candidate ineligible? Thanks for any responses, and good luck to all who have applied.

KayPam
19th Jun 2016, 23:05
If that limit is not mentionned, it has to have disappeared !
Let's hope so at least.. (i've got 150+ hours soooo...)

Jorge_Castro_e_Sousa
21st Jun 2016, 18:08
aha my bad ,I was of the impression that you are coming from Manchester !

The accommodation is offered with the help of CTC .
There is an email in your booking confirmation which you write to asking for rates .

I got mine for £54 a night in the assessment centre itself:ok:
777dream, so you are going to spend the night in the assessment center in Dibden Manor.

I Have the assessment on the 8th August and I'm coming from Abu Dhabi, so it would be most convenient to me.

You've just email them and asked for room there?

save
22nd Jun 2016, 10:03
hi everyone

anyone have received news from ATPL holder program ?? or booked an interview ?

hi i have sow your post , and i'm wondering if you had a reply from easy about the atpl holder program , me still waiting

777dream
23rd Jun 2016, 08:07
Jorge Castro e Sousa when you book the assessment you will get a confirmation email .If you read through it should mention the email to inquire about the accommodation .

Just say you are requesting availability and rates in your email and hopefully they will have some rooms available in Dibden Manor.

LandingConfig
25th Jun 2016, 11:05
Is anyone still waiting to hear back?

ben78
25th Jun 2016, 16:55
I'm waiting too, and applied the 1St of June, and you ?

LandingConfig
25th Jun 2016, 17:51
22nd May...

EKTravelBuddies
26th Jun 2016, 11:06
Hi guys! First time posting on here but have been reading previous messages and there is a wealth of great info for people like me who are looking to go down the integrated route with CTC specifically. I currently work for Emirates over in Dubai and whilst flying has always been my passion i have always been desk bound. I have now decided to take plunge and try to fly one of the planes i see taking off and landing day in day out from y office here. My main concern is my age of course, i can see a lot of you guys are in your early twenties, i am 33 which i appreciate is definitely towards the top end. Can i ask how old is everyone on here as i need to know whether this is ultimately still a viable option or whether the opportunity has passed :) thanks!

777dream
26th Jun 2016, 13:52
Has anyone who has been to the assessment been told their results i.e going to the interview in Luton?

EKTravelBuddies
27th Jun 2016, 03:49
Does anyone know the percentage of those that are selected to go onto the second part of the interview with Easyjet / Luton?

Jenna_Aviatrix
27th Jun 2016, 22:04
I'm a little bit confused.
I applied to Generation EasyJet on 6th June and someone on here said it took about 3 weeks for them to hear back from CTC.
Whilst I've not had any emails from CTC yet, logging into my 'cadet' area, it still says next to Phase 1 Status: "Awaiting Selection", but then next to Phase 2 Status: it says "Awaiting Decision".
It definitely use to say Awaiting Selction, so I'm confused how I can be awaiting a decision on Phase 2 if I still haven't heard back about Phase 1!?
Anyone else had similar?

ScotWings
28th Jun 2016, 00:34
Jenna:

I'm exactly the same as you - applied around the 10th June and I have the same Phase 1 Status: "Awaiting Selection", Phase 2 Status: "Awaiting Decision".

Not sure why, but comforting to know i'm not the only one

Mr A Tis
28th Jun 2016, 07:27
easyJet warns Brexit will add to its woes and expects lower profits | Daily Mail Online (http://www.dailymail.co.uk/money/markets/article-3661928/Budget-airline-easyJet-warns-Brexit-uncertainty-add-woes-expects-lower-profits-strikes-bad-weather.html?ito=social-facebook)

Shares down 22% on Brexit

JPFTEJerez
29th Jun 2016, 20:53
For those who have been to day one and were successful; what are the day 2 dates being offered?

ScotWings
1st Jul 2016, 16:20
Would anybody who has been to Selection Day 1 give an insight into how long you are at Dibden for? Trying to plan onward travel for afterwards

Jenna_Aviatrix
2nd Jul 2016, 14:59
So I finally got an email back saying that I passed the application stage and have now been invited to attend a selection day - just need pay day to come around and then I can book the 24th August!

I want to practise the PILAPT before my selection day and have found two sites that seem to offer a good practice course. One is known as 'PAT' on the PilotAptitudeTest (https://pilotaptitudetest.com/) website, and the other one says it has been made based around people's feedback from the PILAPT that you do at CTC: LatestPilotJobs (http://www.latestpilotjobs.com/site/mypage/id/pilot-aptitude-test.html) .

I was just wondering if anyone had tried either of these and if they would recommend either over the other one?
Cheers for any feedback :)

Anyone else going on the 24th Aug by the way for the first day of assessment?

matthewhogan2020
4th Jul 2016, 05:48
EKTravelBuddies, I've just finished my CPL and MEIR. I'm 27 and trained with guys who were 30's and 40's. I wouldn't worry about your age.

HarryG92
4th Jul 2016, 19:52
Hi everyone! I have the CTC easyJet interview coming up in a few weeks too. I was wondering if someone would be able to give me an insight into the maths test... is it multiple choice or do you have to enter an answer manually? I only ask because some of the example tests I've seen online tend to be multiple choice.

zakghent
4th Jul 2016, 21:10
Does anyone know if you get to find out your base before you begin training, or do you have to wait until the end before you know?

Scagrams
5th Jul 2016, 06:29
Multiple choice Harry! Question difficulty escalating gradually, yet not that tough either. If you train a bit on some examples you should be doing really well. Good luck :)

Jenna_Aviatrix
5th Jul 2016, 23:52
Jenna:

I'm exactly the same as you - applied around the 10th June and I have the same Phase 1 Status: "Awaiting Selection", Phase 2 Status: "Awaiting Decision".

Not sure why, but comforting to know i'm not the only one

ScotWings....have you had a response yet to book a selection day? I've just booked the 6th September.

ScotWings
5th Jul 2016, 23:52
Yes I have!

I had that issue for about 2 weeks, but then finally got an email through to say i've passed the screening and was invited to the Day1 selection event.

What I take from it is that stage 1 is the 'screening' of your application, and the 'awaiting decision' for stage 2 is referring to them deciding whether or not they will invite you to the Day.

Keep patient!

I'm booked for August 23rd

HarryG92
6th Jul 2016, 17:50
Multiple choice Harry! Question difficulty escalating gradually, yet not that tough either. If you train a bit on some examples you should be doing really well. Good luck :)
Thanks Scagrams!

Also does anybody know if there is a science/aircraft-specific technical test alongside the maths and the aptitude stuff? Just want to be aware so I don't get any surprises!

GetTheQRH
8th Jul 2016, 02:19
Just wondering if anyone has any news on what the CTC Wings/Easyjet contract is looking like at the moment (not MPL). Any rumours on salary/terms?

AndersNZ
8th Jul 2016, 05:56
Hey guys,

Firstly, good luck to everyone applying to the programme this time around. I'm booked in for an initial selection day on September 6 so look forward to meeting everyone on the day.

Quick question for anyone who has booked in to a selection date: When I booked my slot, I received an email stating Please also remember to send your questions in via email prior to your selection event. These can be found as an attachment on the original pass email we sent to you

Unfortunately, I never received said attachment on the original pass email. Has anyone been given these or is it a miscommunications that has been passed on?

Appreciate any help!

byrondaf
10th Jul 2016, 14:08
Just wondering if anyone has any news on what the CTC Wings/Easyjet contract is looking like at the moment (not MPL). Any rumours on salary/terms?

ashb, as below:

Flexicrew
0-500 hours £32.75 per block hour - £113.58 standby rate
501-1500 hours £43 per block hour - £150.50 standby rate
1501+ hours £52 per block hour - £182 standby rate

Perm
approx £41,000 on SO contract - 100% hours.

ManUtd1999
10th Jul 2016, 16:50
Flexicrew
0-500 hours £32.75 per block hour - £113.58 standby rate
501-1500 hours £43 per block hour - £150.50 standby rate
1501+ hours £52 per block hour - £182 standby rate

Perm
approx £41,000 on SO contract - 100% hours.

Those flexicrew rates are a lot lower than what I'd previously heard(starting at ~50/hr for the first 500 hrs) - have they been cut?

Also, what scale do MPL cadets go onto? Do they follow the same route of flexicrew for at least a year and then (perhaps) a permanent SO contract?

byrondaf
10th Jul 2016, 20:34
Those flexicrew rates are a lot lower than what I'd previously heard(starting at ~50/hr for the first 500 hrs) - have they been cut?

They're higher than they used to be through CTC. Think it was £20/hour on the old deal with the £1200 a month allowance for 8 months. Thats from two FO's I spoke to yesterday who did the MPL through CTC. Parc contract through Oxford is more, £50/hour, maybe thats what you'd heard?

My understanding is the MPL cadets go onto Flexicrew/Parc and then eligible for permanent contract after 12 months. Again, thats from the two I spoke to yesterday, they got their SO contracts after 12 months.

jswift98
11th Jul 2016, 00:15
Hi can someone please give me an explanation to what CTC flexicrew is I'm a little confused about it, thanks

zakghent
11th Jul 2016, 00:18
So does that mean the £1200/month for 8 months deal has been ditched, and you now go straight onto flexicrew rates after graduation?

ScotWings
11th Jul 2016, 10:03
Hi can someone please give me an explanation to what CTC flexicrew is I'm a little confused about it, thanks

So basically, CTC Flexicrew is a system used for low hour pilots to start working with an airline, without the airline needing to take the risk to directly hire you.

After graduating from CTC with your pilots licences, if you are selected to fly for easyJet, for the first year or so, you'll actually be employed by CTC Flexicrew rather than easyJet. You'll be paid by the hour (some rates posted above), and your workload throughout the year will probably be unstable.

After a year has passed as a Flexicrew employee, you are eligible to be offered a full time pilots contract from easyJet themselves, getting paid a salary, and a more stable roster year round.

The system is designed to benefit both parties (in theory), as the airline can pay you when they need you (summer, weekends etc), while you build up hours that are so crucial after graduating from a flight school.

Hope this helps. Happy for anyone to correct what i'm saying if it's not quite right!

Mike Jackson
11th Jul 2016, 16:27
Would anyone be able to advise if there is any route into Easy as an experienced First Officer with 5000hrs jet time but no Airbus rating?

I can't seem to find any route in for experienced non-rated FOs.

Thanks

ManUtd1999
11th Jul 2016, 19:28
arc contract through Oxford is more, £50/hour, maybe thats what you'd heard?

Yes I was probably thinking of that. Is the 1200/month still in place or just the hourly rate?

The system is designed to benefit both parties (in theory), as the airline can pay you when they need you (summer, weekends etc), while you build up hours that are so crucial after graduating from a flight school.

I agree with most of your post but the flexicrew system is designed purely to benefit the airline. Cadets benefit from a job but it's essentially a zero-hour contract. Lets assume everything goes well and you get 800/hrs in your first year + a couple of standbys each month. Based on the figures here...

Annual salary ~32,000. All in all a very good starting salary

BUT

Training costs are 100k +. To pay that the vast majority of people are going to need a loan. Repayments for that loan will be 1000+/month, a lot more if/when interest rates rise

New salary (-loan) < 20,000 before tax. Still livable, just. It won;t be easy if you're based in the London though and certainly no luxuries.

What if there's a recession and Easyjet only need you for 600 hrs?

New salary ~ 12,000. For comparison, full-time minimum wage is ~14,000.

What if interest rates rocket and repayments hit 1500/month? You get the idea.

If your like me and sitting weighing up the pros and cons of taking out a 100k mortgage, it seems like a heck of a gamble.....

DCon
13th Jul 2016, 09:17
Thanks for your help guys! Got an email through saying I've passed stage 1, and have booked an assessment on the 6th September! Anyone else booked for then?

Still waiting to hear back! When did you submit your application?

LandingConfig
13th Jul 2016, 10:20
I'm still waiting to hear back, applied on the 22nd May.

Matthew2506
13th Jul 2016, 13:41
I can't remember the exact date, but I submitted my application around the 1st June. What have you set as your earliest start date?

seen_the_box
13th Jul 2016, 15:29
I just wanted to wade in here on the issue of finances.

There is no denying that the first few years (arguably until you get on an SFO contract) will be tough financially, especially if you're going to be living in the south east of England.

With that said, on balance I'd say that easyJet still offers reasonable rewards as an SFO, and certainly as a captain. It is perfectly feasible to achieve a command within 10 years (and it could be significantly quicker than that. The package for a captain in the UK is still worth more than £100k a year.

Things are even better financially if you are interested in one of the "legacy" European bases as an SFO (i.e. France, Italy, Germany), or if you decide to go to easyJet Switzerland.

It currently takes five years to achieve an SFO contract in Switzerland if you join as a cadet. As an SFO the salary is around 100,000CHF + sector pay, which would put your take home pay at around £5500 with exchange rates as they are currently. A captain here is taking home just shy of £9000 a month at current exchange rates, with a loyalty bonus of more than £10000 once a year. Additionally, I currently see around £3000 a month going into my pension.

In other words, if you can stick out the first few undoubtably tough years, there is still reasonable money to be made in easyJet. Whether it's worth the risk of taking out what amounts to a reasonably sized mortgage is for the individual to decide.

Tempe
13th Jul 2016, 15:50
LandingConfig, I'm also still waiting for a reply. I applied May 23rd. They requested additional information on July the first, but not a word before or since then.

Jenna_Aviatrix
13th Jul 2016, 19:27
Thanks for your help guys! Got an email through saying I've passed stage 1, and have booked an assessment on the 6th September! Anyone else booked for then? :)
Matthew2506, I'm also booked for 6th September, at 14:30. Whats your time?

I've been teaching myself all sorts of Maths (long division, long multiplication, basic algebra, fractions, decimals, percentages etc) to prep for the numeracy test...I'm scared of that bit as it's been 9 years since I last done any of that!

Is there anyone here who has already attended their Day 1, who can give an overview of their experience :)?

HarryG92
13th Jul 2016, 21:09
Does selection day phase 2 incorporate an interview? Or is it purely technical based? I was under the impression that phase 2 consisted of maths/aptitude/groupwork and then phase 3 was on a separate day and incorporated the interview/competency-based stuff - would I be correct in thinking so?

Any heads up on this would be greatly appreciated!

pilotkemp
14th Jul 2016, 10:47
Hi All,
I'm going to the Stage 2 Assessment on 24th Aug 12:30. Anyone else?
What is the best preparation for this technical stage?
Can i get a quick breakdown of what happens on Day 1 technical and Day 2 for stage 2 please.
Much Appreciated
I'm 30 and from SW london if anyone wants to converse
Richard

Ps83
15th Jul 2016, 11:43
Hello folks,I am writing to ask if anyone of you would like to swap his /her assesment for a later date?I am booked for the 6/09 at 12,30 but due to unavailability to get a day off from work I am looking to swap for an earlier date,on the 25 of August.thx a million

jls2016
15th Jul 2016, 23:34
Hello folks,I am writing to ask if anyone of you would like to swap his /her assesment for a later date?I am booked for the 6/09 at 12,30 but due to unavailability to get a day off from work I am looking to swap for an earlier date,on the 25 of August.thx a million
Yes, i'll swap with you. I am on August 1st, at 14:30, take it or leave it, but please let me know by Monday, before I call CTC to swap. Best wishes!

byrondaf
17th Jul 2016, 16:38
ManUtd1999

Yes I was probably thinking of that. Is the 1200/month still in place or just the hourly rate?

That's now gone. Just hourly rate. Believe me, 1200/month was much tougher having spoken to a few FO's here.

Annual salary ~32,000. All in all a very good starting salary

BUT...

What you said here is spot on. Not a bad starting wage but after the outlay it's hard. Very good prospects though if you can stick it out...

Helski
20th Jul 2016, 14:27
Anyone who attended yesterday hear back yet? I'm not sure whether I'm waiting for a phone call or an email!

twtiger
21st Jul 2016, 10:06
Has anyone applied recently? How long does it take to hear back regarding stage 1?

George Lamb
22nd Jul 2016, 11:58
Hi everyone, new member of the forum here. (Although I'm a regular reader!)

I applied to CTC for the easyJet MPL programme and recieved an invitation to the second stage. Unfortunately, all the dates are fully booked. Results day is coming up and I have back up plans for university should I fail in selection, but by the time new dates are released I would have already enrolled and moved to university. I was wondering if there is anyone willing to swap for an earlier date when these new dates are released so I could confirm/reject my offer with knowledge of my application's success? I spoke to the selection team today and they said the next dates for stage 2 will be in mid-September. I assume many are in the same boat.

Best wishes,

George

DCon
23rd Jul 2016, 11:23
Hi George,

Congratulations on receiving your invitation to the second stage. Just in case you don't manage to swap your date most universities have a withdrawal cut-off dates where you get 100% refund on your fees. I think in most cases cut-off period 1 (where you will receive a 100% refund) is on or around the 1st of October. I'd check with your university to find out their withdrawal cut-off dates.

DC

George Lamb
24th Jul 2016, 18:19
Hi DC, I was aware of the withdrawal path but it's something I wish I wouldn't have to go down. I'll look into this further as you have suggested, but hopefully I will be able to swap dates.

Thanks for the advice,

George

Helski
25th Jul 2016, 10:02
Got the invite to Day 2 and booked 16th September. Anyone else booked on that day?

KayPam
25th Jul 2016, 20:30
Hi, just a few info about day 1 selection at dibden manor, as they were requested.

On that day, you will not have any proper formal interview with a recruiter.

You will come a bit early (~20-30 mins), do some paperwork while seated with the other candidates in the waiting room, the lady from CTC will explain to you how the day will work and which paperwork you have to do.

Then, you'll take the adjacent door to a presentation room, you will hear more about CTC and easyjet. The lady will probably tell you that the first six month are a flexicrew contract and that permanent employment will be just after that.

Then, you'll be taken to another room for some tests.
They will end by 1700 (if i remember right) and CTC will help you arrange transportation outbound.

The tests are computer based, with a special smaller keyboard and a joystick.
There is first some easy math (with pen and paper), then some classical psychometrics tests, ending with the "royale with multitask"
(ref to https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SLtwFugudZE)

You will find extensive details here :
Sorry for it being in french. A little pass through google translate should make it very understandable though. I think it is the most recent and detailed report you will get on day 1
Aeronet :: Voir le sujet - EZY Campagne de recrutement (http://forum.aeronet-fr.org/viewtopic.php?p=471481#471481)

I passed day 1 !!

Anyone will be there with me for day 2 on sept 16th ?

HarryG92
26th Jul 2016, 18:44
Hi there! Well done to everyone who has passed phase 1 & 2 :) I managed to pass the technical stage. Booked for stage 3 on the 16th September. Does anyone know of any resources that would be useful for preparation?

lindsey.cauchi
27th Jul 2016, 09:02
Hi, I noticed some attending the easyjet assessment day on the 1st Aug at 2.30pm too. Do you guys want to share a taxi? I will be leaving and returning to Southampton Train Station.

MiggHD
29th Jul 2016, 21:14
will EZY underwrite loans in this MPL? or is it only for girls?

BravoAlphaWhiskey
30th Jul 2016, 00:52
will EZY underwrite loans in this MPL? or is it only for girls?
EZY will underwrite the loans for outstanding applicants. Not sure what exactly constitutes an outstanding applicant though.

Generation easyJet Pilot Training Programme (http://www.ctcaviation.com/courses/easyjet-pilot-training-mpl-route/)

MiggHD
31st Jul 2016, 01:09
what is an "outstanding" applicant? a bit vague there

twtiger
31st Jul 2016, 04:51
I received this email yesterday following my selection. Does anyone have any idea whether this could be an indication of good news to follow or not? Cheers.

''Thank you for attending an assessment event for the CTC Aviation in partnership with easyJet - MPL programme.

We apologise for the delay for your technical test Day 1 assessment results - your file is currently under review with the Selection Manager.

You will receive your results by 5th August.

Regards

CTC Aviation Selection Team''

When was your 1st day assessment if I may ask?

twtiger
2nd Aug 2016, 00:35
How was the assessment for those who went on the 1st August? Hope it went well.

Mine is coming up soon.

sujiong
2nd Aug 2016, 21:14
MiggHD I'm guessing they'll have a numerical way of scoring the aptitude, interviews and group exercises - highest total scores get underwriting within a certain quota maybe?

MiggHD
3rd Aug 2016, 00:07
I would apply, but I dont have A-levels. im doing the intergrated course next year I hope

EZY_FR
3rd Aug 2016, 23:40
Anybody have an idea when the OAA scheme will relaunch?

parkfell
4th Aug 2016, 09:32
High scoring aptitude testing etc proves only one thing : you are good at aptitude testing. They hope that a strong correlation exists, and translates into actual ability. Answer, not always.

The old RAF / BAe flying college 14 hour grading course was a far more certain way of spotting talent. Far more expensive than computerised testing, but if you intend to invest well over £100,000 then I think it is money well spent.
You do of course need instructors fully trained in this specialised process.
It worked well for 90/07 courses onwards, as proved convincingly with CATHAY students.

Tempe
9th Aug 2016, 10:51
Hi folks.

Is anybody aware, even roughly, when the second set of assessments would be (interviews, group work etc.). Would there be several days spread out over a few months, like stage one, or do they set them quite specifically so if you can't attend you miss out? I only ask as I have a month of travelling booked all of October and would hate for stage 2 to occur then.

Cheers in advance

Maxicb
10th Aug 2016, 14:05
Hi guys,

New to this, just applied for the easyJet MPL scheme around 3 weeks ago. Two days ago heard back from them asking for scanned copy of high school diploma. Nothing back since.

Anyone know if this is normal? Reply would be greatly appreciated.

DreamBigger
10th Aug 2016, 19:22
Hi guys, it's my first post on pprune.

I have the phase 2 on the 23rd of August and have a couple of questions if you gents wouldn't mind answering.

First of all, on the first day, is it purely aptitude tests and a group exercise and not actually a personal interview?

Secondly, what was the general dress code, I don't want to turn up wearing a full suit when a shirt and tie is suffice.

Also, if you have any other tips for the day it would really be appreciated as I'm quite nervous for this day!

Thanks again!

Hoddington
11th Aug 2016, 10:16
First of all, on the first day, is it purely aptitude tests and a group exercise and not actually a personal interview? Hi DreamBigger, my understanding is that the day 1 is just the aptitude test, ie the pilapt assessment and the numeracy test, but no group exercise. Both the group exercise and interview are then on the second assessment day. That said, I've not had my assessment day yet - will be there on the 23rd, so someone who has already been down may be able to confirm this.

Secondly, what was the general dress code, I don't want to turn up wearing a full suit when a shirt and tie is suffice.I'll be there on the same day, and will have a full suit so you won't be the only one, but from previous experience everyone will do the same. If you're more comfortable in shirt and tie, without the jacket then, as long as it's smart, I'm sure no-one at CTC will mark you down for it, but don't worry about being overdressed if you do go for a suit.

Other than that, my biggest tip would be to get there with time to spare and to relax. I've always found the assessment days to be good fun, and that you'll perform better if you're not fretting about it.

Good luck,
M

HEJT2015
11th Aug 2016, 17:36
I've got my selection day 1 on the 20th of September, is there anyone with an earlier date wanting to swap for a later one? PM me if so.

eyesturnedskywards
12th Aug 2016, 20:56
Anyone who passed the maths/aptitude still getting "No spaces are currently available, please try again later." for the next stage? Been like this for about a week or more for me

Jenna_Aviatrix
13th Aug 2016, 20:18
My Day 1 assessment is 6th September....3 weeks and 3 days away....not that I'm counting or anything haha.

Are there any other girls going or will I be the only one :-p ?

porter701
14th Aug 2016, 09:03
Anyone who passed the maths/aptitude still getting "No spaces are currently available, please try again later." for the next stage? Been like this for about a week or more for me

Yep I have the same. Did assessment on the 1st August

Speedbird148
14th Aug 2016, 12:22
Yep I have the same. Did assessment on the 1st August

I think from memory CTC said that the dates for day 2 are based on when easyJet staff are available to attend.

Maverick97
14th Aug 2016, 13:39
Anybody have an idea when the OAA scheme will relaunch?
Been chatting to the guys at OAA and I've been told to keep an eye out in the next week or two!

DreamBigger
15th Aug 2016, 10:56
Hi DreamBigger, my understanding is that the day 1 is just the aptitude test, ie the pilapt assessment and the numeracy test, but no group exercise. Both the group exercise and interview are then on the second assessment day. That said, I've not had my assessment day yet - will be there on the 23rd, so someone who has already been down may be able to confirm this.

I'll be there on the same day, and will have a full suit so you won't be the only one, but from previous experience everyone will do the same. If you're more comfortable in shirt and tie, without the jacket then, as long as it's smart, I'm sure no-one at CTC will mark you down for it, but don't worry about being overdressed if you do go for a suit.

Other than that, my biggest tip would be to get there with time to spare and to relax. I've always found the assessment days to be good fun, and that you'll perform better if you're not fretting about it.

Good luck,
M
Perfect, thanks for the information, at least now I know I can fully focus on the PILAPT tests instead of both that and an interview.

Is there a way to message you on this?

Thanks!

ArchySmi
16th Aug 2016, 09:30
Hi!
As I understood some of you have already passed to Phase 3.
I have passed to Phase 2, and have been waiting for a week, but can see only the message: No spaces are currently available, please try again later.
Can anyone tell how much time could it take before some places will be available? Or people like me can be just left for spare if no one will be appropriate for their program?

lgwjrb
17th Aug 2016, 21:42
Hmm, could be a while wait then. My dad works for L-3, the company that now owns CTC, when he's been chatting with people who liaise with CTC on a regular basis, it appears CTC are having huge issues getting the throughput easyJet are demanding. He said, and so do CTC, the vast majority of whitetail candidates go to easyJet as well. Not sure if it's good news or not really.

mplpilot
18th Aug 2016, 10:51
I see there are a couple of people on here who have their Phase 2 (PILAPT + Numeracy) on the 23rd, what time is your assessment? I have mine at 12:30! Having already sat the assessment for CTC's 'Whitetail' program, I can reassure anybody waiting to sit the PILAPT and Numeracy that it's not overly difficult.
For the PILAPT, you have to pay attention to the instructions and, if necessary, read them a couple of times.
If you're really nervous about the day ahead, then I suggest you head over to LatestPilotJobs and pay $39.95USD to practice the tests (and the maths!!). It won't guarantee that you're going to pass, because CTC's standards change (for the easyJet MPL, expect them to be high so that they can cut numbers easily), however, it will prepare you for the day ahead and give you that all important edge. Even when prepared, you might screw your first attempt up due to nerves, but that's not necessarily bad... just as long as you show improvement after each attempt. Here's the order of the 2 hour session (from what I can remember):
1. Numeracy: 15 Qs in 15 mins. Hint: Smash out the first 12 Qs in about 8 mins so that you can spend more time on the final 3 harder Qs
2. Circle and Square: 5 different stages from 7 secs to 3 secs. Hint: Negative = Doesn't Have, Positive = Does Have... i.e. Negative Right Circle = Doesn't have a circle in their right hand.
3. Patterns: Look for the given shape in the two boxes, you have a choice of 0 (none), 1 (left) or 2 (right). Hint: Shape's orientation and size doesn't change. You get 1 min to decide, but you should aim to use no more than 30 secs.
4. Flying through boxes: Fly a plane through squares. Hint: the joysticks CTC use are not the best, so you need to be one step ahead of the simulation for the entirety of the exercise.
5. Attention test: 5x5 grid, colours along the top axis and shape down the side axis. When colour and shape match, then click the box. The axis change about every 10 seconds, so make sure you're paying attention. Hint: Make sure the colours match before checking if the shape matches.
6. Flight Director: Attempt to keep the crosshairs as central as possible... you get to calibrate the crosshairs before each attempt. Hint: Try to react as quickly as possible to the direction change of the crosshairs, that's what they're looking for.
6. Capacity Test (Only ONE attempt at each task)
6.1. Flight Director + Countdown: Attempt to keep the crosshairs as central as possible. At the same time, a countdown will be spoken. When the sequence changes, click the trigger. Hint: Work out what the next number in the sequence should be and mutter it under your breath, if it's different, click the trigger... remember the change in sequence, i.e. 563 -> 560 -> 556 (it's now 4 instead of 3).
6.2. Flight Director + Shapes: Attempt to keep the crosshairs as central as possible. At the same time, you'll be told a shape and it's colour. When it appears on the left side of the screen, you have to press a yellow button on a keyboard in front of you and then the number inside the shape. Hint: Repeat it in your head, and look for it out the corner of your eye.
6.3. Multitasking:
You'll be given a starting number and then the starting sequence number before the test begins. Hint: Mutter the expected number in the sequence under your breath.
Test Begins: Attempt to keep the crosshairs as central as possible. Hint: The faster your reaction time, the better.
You'll then be told a shape and it's colour. Hint: Keep saying it in your head and constantly look out of the corner of your left eye.
Note: This sounds a lot harder than it actually is, you've been prepared for this by having the practice runs before hand. Keep calm, collected and focussed and you can nail this. For my Whitetail assessment, I had the highest score of the day, 10 hits and 3 misses.

Good luck everybody!

yankee_alpha
19th Aug 2016, 15:25
Hmm, could be a while wait then. My dad works for L-3, the company that now owns CTC, when he's been chatting with people who liaise with CTC on a regular basis, it appears CTC are having huge issues getting the throughput easyJet are demanding. He said, and so do CTC, the vast majority of whitetail candidates go to easyJet as well. Not sure if it's good news or not really.
I've heard the same from an AFTA instructor regarding Ryanair. Don't know if they take many CTC graduates but apparently they can't hire pilots fast enough.

Artik4
20th Aug 2016, 01:11
Hi guys! Its my first post here, on the 16th of september I have my assessment day for MPL at Dibden Manor as cadet, is anybody in that day too? I will land in london Gatwick, and i was wondering if someone else like me was going from Gatwick too, so that maybe we could share the rental of a car?

Artik4
20th Aug 2016, 01:20
Hi Helski! I am booked also for the 16th of september!

TL77
20th Aug 2016, 06:10
Hi all,

I have found this thread extremely useful and informative highlighting different views and opinions of the selection process.

I would just like to know if anybody has undertaken the final assessment day with CTC/Easyjet? If so, please could you share your experiences in regard to the group exercises and formal interviews.

The group tasks and interview questions will undoubtedly change over the coming months however this will be really useful to understand your experience of the process.

Good luck to everybody going forward within the assessment process and to all aspiring pilots within this forum.

yurid
21st Aug 2016, 09:14
hey mplpilot,

Fantastic post. My assessment is also on the 23rd but I'm starting at 14:30. However, I'm feeling so much more confident now after reading what you had to say as most of what you said, I kind of had an idea about but you've now confirmed it.

I'm really looking forward to the day. Lets go show them what we're made off!

All the best to you and everyone else.

1scottwilliams
22nd Aug 2016, 15:09
I would apply, but I dont have A-levels. im doing the integrated course next year I hope
I don't have A levels either but I have still applied.

Generation easyJet has 3 routes. Route 3 is the 'easyJet Integrated ATPL' which is open to applicants who do not hold the academic qualifications for routes 1 and 2.

LE210
23rd Aug 2016, 18:18
My Day 1 assessment is 6th September....3 weeks and 3 days away....not that I'm counting or anything haha.

Are there any other girls going or will I be the only one :-p ?
Hey Jenna, I had my assessment day last month and there was one other girl (out of about 15) then on the interview phase I was the only girl (out of 5). Just hold your own sister ;)

Iselbewohner
23rd Aug 2016, 18:56
Hey there,

is anyone attending the day 3 assessment on 29th September?

Ast
24th Aug 2016, 11:12
Hi all, I had my first assessment in Dibden (maths/psychometric) yesterday and although I thought I'd messed up I'm through to group/HR stage when dates become available.

My question is, is there a further stage after this? If not, why do I see two more phases on the online portal?

Thanks!
Ast

1scottwilliams
24th Aug 2016, 13:07
I see there are a couple of people on here who have their Phase 2 (PILAPT + Numeracy) on the 23rd, what time is your assessment? I have mine at 12:30! Having already sat the assessment for CTC's 'Whitetail' program, I can reassure anybody waiting to sit the PILAPT and Numeracy that it's not overly difficult.
For the PILAPT, you have to pay attention to the instructions and, if necessary, read them a couple of times.
If you're really nervous about the day ahead, then I suggest you head over to LatestPilotJobs and pay $39.95USD to practice the tests (and the maths!!). It won't guarantee that you're going to pass, because CTC's standards change (for the easyJet MPL, expect them to be high so that they can cut numbers easily), however, it will prepare you for the day ahead and give you that all important edge. Even when prepared, you might screw your first attempt up due to nerves, but that's not necessarily bad... just as long as you show improvement after each attempt. Here's the order of the 2 hour session (from what I can remember):
1. Numeracy: 15 Qs in 15 mins. Hint: Smash out the first 12 Qs in about 8 mins so that you can spend more time on the final 3 harder Qs
2. Circle and Square: 5 different stages from 7 secs to 3 secs. Hint: Negative = Doesn't Have, Positive = Does Have... i.e. Negative Right Circle = Doesn't have a circle in their right hand.
3. Patterns: Look for the given shape in the two boxes, you have a choice of 0 (none), 1 (left) or 2 (right). Hint: Shape's orientation and size doesn't change. You get 1 min to decide, but you should aim to use no more than 30 secs.
4. Flying through boxes: Fly a plane through squares. Hint: the joysticks CTC use are not the best, so you need to be one step ahead of the simulation for the entirety of the exercise.
5. Attention test: 5x5 grid, colours along the top axis and shape down the side axis. When colour and shape match, then click the box. The axis change about every 10 seconds, so make sure you're paying attention. Hint: Make sure the colours match before checking if the shape matches.
6. Flight Director: Attempt to keep the crosshairs as central as possible... you get to calibrate the crosshairs before each attempt. Hint: Try to react as quickly as possible to the direction change of the crosshairs, that's what they're looking for.
6.1. Flight Director + Countdown: Attempt to keep the crosshairs as central as possible. At the same time, a countdown will be spoken. When the sequence changes, click the trigger. Hint: Work out what the next number in the sequence should be and mutter it under your breath, if it's different, click the trigger... remember the change in sequence, i.e. 563 -> 560 -> 556 (it's now 4 instead of 3).
6.2. Flight Director + Shapes: Attempt to keep the crosshairs as central as possible. At the same time, you'll be told a shape and it's colour. When it appears on the left side of the screen, you have to press a yellow button on a keyboard in front of you and then the number inside the shape. Hint: Repeat it in your head, and look for it out the corner of your eye.
6.3. Multitasking:
You'll be given a starting number and then the starting sequence number before the test begins. Hint: Mutter the expected number in the sequence under your breath.
Test Begins: Attempt to keep the crosshairs as central as possible. Hint: The faster your reaction time, the better.
You'll then be told a shape and it's colour. Hint: Keep saying it in your head and constantly look out of the corner of your left eye.
Note: This sounds a lot harder than it actually is, you've been prepared for this by having the practice runs before hand. Keep calm, collected and focussed and you can nail this. For my Whitetail assessment, I had the highest score of the day, 10 hits and 3 misses.

Good luck everybody!
Fantastic post - very informative and helpful.

Many thanks ����

lewismorrison
24th Aug 2016, 18:39
Hi all, I had my first assessment in Dibden (maths/psychometric) yesterday and although I thought I'd messed up I'm through to group/HR stage when dates become available.

My question is, is there a further stage after this? If not, why do I see two more phases on the online portal?

Thanks!
Ast
Hey Buddy,

I also had mine yesterday and passed, Congratulations!

As far as I know, Phase 4 is a simulator check, which assesses your general multitasking abilities at high stress levels.

Regards,

Lewis

Ginger Ninja
24th Aug 2016, 19:19
I have applied and I am still waiting for CTC to even look at my application. Is there anyone else on the same boat as myself?

DCon
24th Aug 2016, 19:55
I applied on the 3rd July and just received my assessment date yesterday. I'm down on the 26th September.

m585
24th Aug 2016, 20:16

Thanks!
Ast
Congrats - I was also there yesterday (23/8, 12.30 slot) and also heard this morning that I'm through (despite some quite dodgy joystick operation in parts!)

From what I understand there is indeed another stage after the next day at Dibden Manor, which is at easyJet HQ in Luton. I also understand that the pass rate from this final stage is fairly high as by that point they've already quite severely whittled down the numbers!

Jenna_Aviatrix
24th Aug 2016, 22:22
Hey Jenna, I had my assessment day last month and there was one other girl (out of about 15) then on the interview phase I was the only girl (out of 5). Just hold your own sister ;)

Aww thanks LE210, good to know there are a few of us ladies going for it too :ok:. Since you've completed your Group Interview stage as well, what is next after that? Did they tell you straight away if you passed or not? I was assuming that an EASA Medical would be the next step after passing the Group Interview stage?

ScotWings
24th Aug 2016, 22:46
I was assuming that an EASA Medical would be the next step after passing the Group Interview stage?

I'd look into booking your medical as soon as possible, even before doing the assessments. I booked mine 3 weeks ago, and the first appointment was the 8th November. There are only 2 places in the UK right now for initial medicals, so demand is high. The place I booked allows me to cancel without any payment required if I decide i don't want it/am unsuccessful with easyJet.

Sat the maths/aptitude tests yesterday, and there were 4 girls there out of about 45 in the first 3 sessions of the day.

Jenna_Aviatrix
24th Aug 2016, 23:34
Thanks ScotWings. I just sent you a PM and then noticed you'd sent me one before, oops!

I'm currently in work doing my overtime til 1am, with my Maths revision books in front of me just to make sure I feel like I've done all I can do before the first assessment, hehe :)

Speedbird148
25th Aug 2016, 11:39
Been chatting to the guys at OAA and I've been told to keep an eye out in the next week or two!

Looks like the initial advertising has begun. Information Event on 31st August at OAA

Goaround92
25th Aug 2016, 13:22
Hi everyone, since I've applied, the earliest possible start date that I put on my intial application has been put back to the the end of January 2017. Does anyone know if this will have any affect on my application? I don't really want to book an assessment day until I know that the new possible start date is ok with CTC. I sent off an email to the selection team but I haven't heard back yet. Does anyone else's potential start date go into next year? Any information/help would be much appreciated. Thanks.

Tempe
25th Aug 2016, 13:44
For anyone who has made the trip to Dibden manor from the airport, is thefts route the train to the central station, the number 9 bus to the Applemore Tesco and then a taxi to Dibden manor?

It seems to be from my research but would appreciate a second opinion from someone who has made the same journey. Thanks in advance

Ast
25th Aug 2016, 16:32
Congrats - I was also there yesterday (23/8, 12.30 slot) and also heard this morning that I'm through (despite some quite dodgy joystick operation in parts!)

From what I understand there is indeed another stage after the next day at Dibden Manor, which is at easyJet HQ in Luton. I also understand that the pass rate from this final stage is fairly high as by that point they've already quite severely whittled down the numbers!

Thanks m585! I guess I'll have to save some more days off at work then 😄

Hoddington
25th Aug 2016, 17:38
For anyone who has made the trip to Dibden manor from the airport, is thefts route the train to the central station, the number 9 bus to the Applemore Tesco and then a taxi to Dibden manor?

It seems to be from my research but would appreciate a second opinion from someone who has made the same journey. Thanks in advanceEither the number 9 as you've suggested, or the number 8 to the 'Garden City' stop. From there it's about an 8 minute walk to CTC, though be careful as there's no pavement for part of the route - you can save yourself walking along the road as it goes round quite a right corner by heading through the churchyard. Both buses go from outside Frobisher House, less than a minutes walk from the main station entrance.

Approach27L
25th Aug 2016, 21:04
Hello everyone!
Anyone attending the 4th October (1430) assessment date at Dibden? :)

Maverick97
25th Aug 2016, 21:50
Hey guys,

Looks like CAEOAA have announced their easyJet programme, I'm struggling to get the core info from it in terms of costs and course structure but I think all will be revealed on the 31st

Tempe
25th Aug 2016, 22:07
Either the number 9 as you've suggested, or the number 8 to the 'Garden City' stop. From there it's about an 8 minute walk to CTC, though be careful as there's no pavement for part of the route - you can save yourself walking along the road as it goes round quite a right corner by heading through the churchyard. Both buses go from outside Frobisher House, less than a minutes walk from the main station entrance.
Great, thanks for the info.

mplpilot
26th Aug 2016, 11:32
Has anyone booked onto the Phase 3 assessment on the 16/09 that can't make it?
I'm wary of having to go back home (to Australia) at some point in the near future. Although later dates aren't currently available, I'm assured by CTC recruitment that they interviews will commence in mid-late october, depending on easyJet. Please PM me if you can help!

m585
26th Aug 2016, 11:57
Thanks m585! I guess I'll have to save some more days off at work then 😄

Actually from what I've now read I think I was mistaken. They definitely used to do the extra Luton day but have seen some people saying it's now been condensed and the next stage is the last one. Perhaps someone more knowledgeable can confirm!

Boldpilot2000
26th Aug 2016, 21:52
Hi,

if it comes to the flight director test at CTC. Do you move the Attitude to the flight director like in the real plane or do you move the flight director to the attitude?

Would be great if someone can give me first hand advise.

Thank you.

GYMMN
26th Aug 2016, 22:40
Has anyone else been waiting for some time to get a date for the group exercise/interview phase? I passed the technical day back in July and haven't seen a date for the next stage since.

porter701
27th Aug 2016, 05:36
Has anyone else been waiting for some time to get a date for the group exercise/interview phase? I passed the technical day back in July and haven't seen a date for the next stage since.

Yep same boat as you mate. However I passed for the MPL top up route... might have something to do with the delay.

eyesturnedskywards
27th Aug 2016, 10:06
I've been waiting ages as well for stage 3 date

foliot-pilot
27th Aug 2016, 17:16
Hi,

if it comes to the flight director test at CTC. Do you move the Attitude to the flight director like in the real plane or do you move the flight director to the attitude?

Would be great if someone can give me first hand advise.

Thank you.
When I did selection (10 months ago) it wasn't like flying with flight directors on an ILS. The flight directors move and you have to move the joystick, which moves the flight directors to be centred on the dot in the middle.

As apposed to flying an ILS where it's the other way around.

1scottwilliams
28th Aug 2016, 20:36
I have applied and I am still waiting for CTC to even look at my application. Is there anyone else on the same boat as myself?
I submitted my application on the 12th August (just before the deadline!) and have not heard anything from CTC yet.

momo95
29th Aug 2016, 22:16

I applied 18th July ... still not a word

twtiger
30th Aug 2016, 07:49
Is there also a stage 4? Some people here are talking about a stage 4 at Luton? But its usually 3 stages...

What's the stage 4?

Hoddington
30th Aug 2016, 08:01
On the day 1 assessment day (phase 2) CTC staff were saying that if you passed day 1 (technical/aptitude day), then the day 2 assessment (phase 3, non-technical, with group exercise and interview) would be the final stage. This day 2 assessment would be with staff from easyJet present so that they can make their decision based on your performance on this day rather than needing a further day at Luton.

Some confusion has come from the application screen which also lists a phase 4 on the right hand side. Best guess is that they are either treating the group exercise as phase 3 and then the interview as phase 4, or more likely that phase 3 is CTC saying you've passed the non-technical day to their standard, and then phase 4 is the easyJet decision based on the same assessment day.

So, phase 4 still exists on the online application portal, but according to CTC staff there will not be any further assessment beyond the day 2 non-technical assessment day.

HTH

Freeboy
30th Aug 2016, 08:01
For CTC, there is no stage 4. Stage 3 at Dibden is the final one.

twtiger
30th Aug 2016, 08:58
Cheers for clearing that up!

Speedbird148
30th Aug 2016, 11:55
Anyone passed Stage/Phase 3? Just interested what happens next. If there is some sort of holding pool or if EasyJet make you an offer

tintagel26
30th Aug 2016, 17:15
6.3. Multitasking:

Good luck everybody!
Hi mplpilot

Was your ctc assessments (as mentioned above) the same as the EasyJet ones?

Kind regards,

Tintagel26

PilotTrev
30th Aug 2016, 20:33
Hi all

I am still a little confused about the finance options for the MPL course.

As I understand I can apply for the Training Bond (£69000) to be covered by a salary sacrifice kind of scheme, but what about the other £40000?

Also, if I am successful to be selected, what is the pay option for when I am in my training? I know accommodation is provided but do we receive pay for general living expenses, i.e food?

Finally, what is the living situation regarding partners? I have only been with my partner a short time but I don't particularly want to leave her in the frozen north whilst I move down south. Anyone have any ideas on this one?

Thanks all

sujiong
31st Aug 2016, 13:07
You are likely to have to find the entire 109k up front. There is no salary sacrifice but EasyJet will underwrite training loans for some people, although they are being exceptionally vague about that at the moment.

sujiong
31st Aug 2016, 13:08
And yes you also have to cover your living expenses.

Maverick97
2nd Sep 2016, 18:10
Hello,

I'm currently in the middle of submitting my application for generation EZY with CAE OAA.

Is anyone familiar with the application form? There is a box that allows me to add 'additional information' on the same page where you have to confirm right to work in the uk etc etc and after that it asks if I want to submit the application.
Is there any part of the online application to follow this just i know the CTC application included some short essay questions about generation easyJet?

thanks!

twtiger
3rd Sep 2016, 03:50
For any of those that passed stage 2...how long did you have to wait till your stage 3 interview? More or less? Is it usually more than one month?

Jenna_Aviatrix
4th Sep 2016, 13:48
2 Days to go until my Numeracy Test and PILAPT at Dibden Manor :) !

100cc
5th Sep 2016, 16:06
Hello,

I'm currently in the middle of submitting my application for generation EZY with CAE OAA.

Is anyone familiar with the application form? There is a box that allows me to add 'additional information' on the same page where you have to confirm right to work in the uk etc etc and after that it asks if I want to submit the application.
Is there any part of the online application to follow this just i know the CTC application included some short essay questions about generation easyJet?

thanks!
Jordanmurray, I applied for the CAE OAA option last week too and like you was surprised at the lack of proper questions, I was at least expecting "is your favourite colour orange?"

I think they're using stage 1 purely as a screening exercise to weed out those that don't meet the basic requirements.

I don't know if you were at the information evening last week but they mentioned that the first applicants were being contacted this week, with the first assessments taking place at Oxford on the 12th September.

m585
5th Sep 2016, 16:46
Finally got some more Day 2 Group Exercise/Interview dates up on the CTC site this afternoon. I've managed to book into 13th October :)

Jenna_Aviatrix
6th Sep 2016, 12:54
I'm parked outside the front of Dibden Manor; arrived 2 hours early haha. My assessment starts at 14:30....so nervous!

DCon
7th Sep 2016, 10:03
I'm parked outside the front of Dibden Manor; arrived 2 hours early haha. My assessment starts at 14:30....so nervous!

How'd it go, Jenna?

porter701
7th Sep 2016, 10:42
Finally got some more Day 2 Group Exercise/Interview dates up on the CTC site this afternoon. I've managed to book into 13th October :)

When did you do your aptitude assessment mate?

Jenna_Aviatrix
7th Sep 2016, 12:22
How'd it go, Jenna?

Not sure yet Dcon, I felt like I done 'ok' at the tests. The PILAPT was more enjoyable than the maths test. I feel like I only got 10 right out of the 15 questions asked, so that would only be a 66% score. Haven't had the email yet, they said it could be either today or tomorrow.

Hello to the creepers on this Forum who I met yesterday as well by the way, haha :)

DexterMorgan10
7th Sep 2016, 12:44
Hi all!

Passed yesterday my Day1 assessment, even though i thought i scored a "normal" result.

People who already passed Day1, when were last time available dates for Day2? I've checked right now and there's nothing yet.

Good luck Jenna! :D

SPETTSKY
7th Sep 2016, 13:32
Not sure yet Dcon, I felt like I done 'ok' at the tests. The PILAPT was more enjoyable than the maths test. I feel like I only got 10 right out of the 15 questions asked, so that would only be a 66% score. Haven't had the email yet, they said it could be either today or tomorrow.

Hello to the creepers on this Forum who I met yesterday as well by the way, haha :)

Haha, hello to you too! Like I said.. I like to call it being resourceful :cool:

Good luck!

twtiger
8th Sep 2016, 11:54
Hey guys, did anyone manage to book accommodation at Dibden recently? The email I was given keeps on returning as a failed devlivery. Anybody got an email? Thanks

Jenna_Aviatrix
8th Sep 2016, 13:35
Haha, hello to you too! Like I said.. I like to call it being resourceful :cool:

Good luck!

Hey Spettsky!

Have you had an email yet? I haven't had it yet. Were you on the 12:30 group?

SPETTSKY
8th Sep 2016, 13:47
Hey Spettsky!

Have you had an email yet? I haven't had it yet. Were you on the 12:30 group?

Hey! I was indeed. We spoke briefly when I attempted to find out who you we're! I didn't receive an email, I had to log on to my application portal.

Have a look and hopefully it's good news!

Tempe
8th Sep 2016, 14:10
Hey guys, did anyone manage to book accommodation at Dibden recently? The email I was given keeps on returning as a failed devlivery. Anybody got an email? Thanks
I did twitiger. Give them a phone call and it can be sorted in under three minutes. Email communications can be unreliable. Easier just to sort it in one fell swoop.

Ryanelson
8th Sep 2016, 14:47

Good luck!

Haha bro did you get through? Got on this after you mentioned it on Tuesday!

Jenna_Aviatrix
8th Sep 2016, 15:22
Yeah I remember you Spettsky, for all of 30 seconds that we met haha.

So I called Dibden Manor.....turns out they did send my email at 3pm yesterday, but I never received it. I even had been chaecking my SPAM folder.

They re-sent it and it says that I haven't been successful in meeting the requirements with the MPL Easyjet thing, but that I have been successful in meeting the requirements for the ATPL Upgrade with Generation Easyjet.

Is that the one where they sponsor you after you've completed your ground school if you get good marks in your exams?

Also, they mention that we'll be required to complete some online assessment before we go to our Phase 3 Group/Interview day. Does anyone know what they online assessments consist of or has anyone completed these yet?

Sounds like another test to pass before we even get to phase 3.....like a phase 2.5 in between :-S ???

SPETTSKY
9th Sep 2016, 09:15
They re-sent it and it says that I haven't been successful in meeting the requirements with the MPL Easyjet thing, but that I have been successful in meeting the requirements for the ATPL Upgrade with Generation Easyjet.

Is that the one where they sponsor you after you've completed your ground school if you get good marks in your exams?

I believe that route is where you'll be required to pay for your own type rating, therefore adjusting the cost in total to around 123k.

Thats what I've gathered from the information booklet

1scottwilliams
9th Sep 2016, 13:48
Email finally received to advise that I've passed the application stage! No selection days available to book on to though! :-(

Maverick97
9th Sep 2016, 14:05
Does anyone have any accurate information regarding finances for the MPL course?

CTC's website say something along the lines of "Outstanding applicants can apply to have their training loan underwritten" (wtte)

Whereas Oxford's website don't really mention it, anybody have something a little more concrete? Thanks.
I've been in touch with OAA and when I queried about this I was told the airline NEVER underwrites loans. I'm not sure if this is just something they've agreed on compared to CTC?

Maverick97
9th Sep 2016, 14:16
Jordanmurray, I applied for the CAE OAA option last week too and like you was surprised at the lack of proper questions, I was at least expecting "is your favourite colour orange?"

I think they're using stage 1 purely as a screening exercise to weed out those that don't meet the basic requirements.

I don't know if you were at the information evening last week but they mentioned that the first applicants were being contacted this week, with the first assessments taking place at Oxford on the 12th September.
I've been doing some digging on the financial aspects (accommodation, career development loan etc etc) they say they're in the process of going through the initial applications.

Have you been contacted yet in regards to your application?

Ginger Ninja
9th Sep 2016, 18:27
I am still waiting to hear :( Long wait.

hobbit1983
9th Sep 2016, 22:10
123k? Bejesus.

m585
9th Sep 2016, 23:50
When did you do your aptitude assessment mate?

I did it on 23rd August.

Hi all!

Passed yesterday my Day1 assessment, even though i thought i scored a "normal" result.

People who already passed Day1, when were last time available dates for Day2? I've checked right now and there's nothing yet.

Good luck Jenna! :D

Congrats :)

They last released Day 2 dates last Monday (5/9). The dates released were 13th and 14th of October but I'm assuming those must all be full now if you can't see them. I waited just under 2 weeks from my Day 1 for those choices to appear.

Atif.Ramzan
10th Sep 2016, 11:03
Hi, guys!

Just recently joined the forum.
I applied for the Generation easyJet pilot programme a few days back, I understand the waiting time is long, but do you know what the average wait time is?

DexterMorgan10
10th Sep 2016, 12:54
Thanks for the info m585! :)

Are you booked in for Day2 on the 13/14th? For which route? The MPL or the alternative ones?

m585
10th Sep 2016, 23:51
Thanks for the info m585! :)

Are you booked in for Day2 on the 13/14th? For which route? The MPL or the alternative ones?
Yeah I'm booked in for the 13th. Unlike for day 1 they seem quite full at Dibden Manor so have had to make alternative accommodation arrangements for the night before. Must be all the visiting easyJet assessors needing somewhere to stay too! I'm still in the running for the MPL so quite happy with that :) How about yourself?

DexterMorgan10
11th Sep 2016, 10:06
Yeah I'm booked in for the 13th. Unlike for day 1 they seem quite full at Dibden Manor so have had to make alternative accommodation arrangements for the night before. Must be all the visiting easyJet assessors needing somewhere to stay too! I'm still in the running for the MPL so quite happy with that :) How about yourself?
How much is the accomodation in Dibden Manor for one night? I'm also still running for the MPL, and regarding that, do you know how many people left, how many people they take, how does it work the "sponsorship thing for outstanding applicants"? Because I'm a bit short of information here! xD

BravoAlphaWhiskey
11th Sep 2016, 10:06
Hi, guys!

I applied for the Generation easyJet pilot programme a few days back, I understand the waiting time is long, but do you know what the average wait time is?
It took a friend of mine two months from submitting the application to hear he'd made it to the technical assessment stage.

momo95
11th Sep 2016, 16:25
Hi, guys!

It's about 7 weeks, i applied towards the end of July and only hearinh back now.

Licence to Learn
12th Sep 2016, 12:54
Do we think this is because of the sheer volume of applicants?

m585
12th Sep 2016, 13:17
How much is the accomodation in Dibden Manor for one night? I'm also still running for the MPL, and regarding that, do you know how many people left, how many people they take, how does it work the "sponsorship thing for outstanding applicants"? Because I'm a bit short of information here! xD
It was £54 a night for B&B at Dibden Manor. No solid answers to the rest of your questions I'm afraid. They seem to have quite a demand from easyJet for new cadets so I don't think there's any sort of cap as such - if you meet the standard I think you're in. Also don't think anybody has any idea yet exactly what constitutes 'outstanding' enough to get your loan underwritten.

yankee_alpha
12th Sep 2016, 13:27
How long does the Day 1 assessment take?

ScotWings
12th Sep 2016, 13:45
How long does the Day 1 assessment take?

2.5 hours and you should be away.

When I went, I had a 10:30 start time. Finished by 13:30, but that included a good half hour delay due to a power cut.

yankee_alpha
12th Sep 2016, 13:55
2.5 hours and you should be away.

When I went, I had a 10:30 start time. Finished by 13:30, but that included a good half hour delay due to a power cut.
Thanks for that.

DexterMorgan10
12th Sep 2016, 15:24
It was £54 a night for B&B at Dibden Manor. No solid answers to the rest of your questions I'm afraid. They seem to have quite a demand from easyJet for new cadets so I don't think there's any sort of cap as such - if you meet the standard I think you're in. Also don't think anybody has any idea yet exactly what constitutes 'outstanding' enough to get your loan underwritten.
Great! Thanks for the info! But it's so weird this story of the "outstanding" performance. Nobody has news about it, and nobody said anything about getting it, here on the forum. I'm confused! :D

Helski
12th Sep 2016, 19:17
Anyone else just received an email asking them to complete a "final assessment"? I have my final interview this Friday 16th.

ScotWings
12th Sep 2016, 21:54
Gather in the waiting lounge - give them all your documents - short presentation about the MPL scheme - maths test - short break - aptitude test - free to leave when complete.

100cc
14th Sep 2016, 18:50
So I applied for the CAE Oxford intake on the 2nd September and got my invitation to stage 2 today, the 14th September. Phew!

Available dates for the stage 2 assessment start from tomorrow and there are then 2 sessions per day (8am and 1pm) almost every weekday though until the 14th October. There are 15 places per session.

You have to bring your passport and qualifications certificates to the day - little bit of bother for me there as I sent my passport off for renewal at the start of September and haven't got it back yet, and I'm not exactly a spring chicken so who knows where my A level and GCSE certificates are!

momo95
15th Sep 2016, 09:11
Invite in from Oxford, surprised to see you can only attend assessment for one of CTC or OAA :ugh:

momo95
15th Sep 2016, 09:37
"Yes, I had to drop the CTC one, not yet started for me btw, to attend the CAE selection."

I'm personally being tempted to drop my OAA one, I've done both and I think the ctc aptitude is far easier.

SPETTSKY
15th Sep 2016, 09:43
"Yes, I had to drop the CTC one, not yet started for me btw, to attend the CAE selection."

I'm personally being tempted to drop my OAA one, I've done both and I think the ctc aptitude is far easier.

100% agree

yankee_alpha
15th Sep 2016, 09:58
Is the CAE fee as extortionate as the CTC one?

MaxPilot1
15th Sep 2016, 10:03
I applied on the 31 of august and got the answer yesterday also. Do you already know when you want to do the stage two of CEA EZY generation.

momo95
15th Sep 2016, 10:06
Is the CAE fee as extortionate as the CTC one?

CAE charge you based on how far you get. Stage 1 they take £100 then if you make the final stage they take another £150.

CTC charge their full selection fee from the first assessment regardless of how far you get.

yankee_alpha
15th Sep 2016, 10:44
Thanks for that. Seems CAE are more logical with their fees. For anyone that doesn't get to stage 2 with CTC you're essentially paying for the assessments of those that do.

momo95
15th Sep 2016, 10:57
For anyone that doesn't get to stage 2 with CTC you're essentially paying for the assessments of those that do.

No prob btw. People that get to the final stage would have paid their full fee too so you wouldn't really be funding them imo. The fee for those that don't make it to the final stages is just extra profit for CTC.

I must say I admire them somewhat, they must make more profit from selection fees alone than many companies make in revenue. All my mates think I'm a nutcase for even paying to be interviewed for a job, especially one where you must pay £109,000 .... oh the aviation bug !

yankee_alpha
15th Sep 2016, 11:15
I'd imagine the assessment fee covers both days which includes assessors for the group projects and members of interview panels on day 2. If you get to day 2 then fair enough, you're paying for the full assessment, although at a much higher price than other schemes. If you don't get to day 2 then you're paying the same high price which I would think helps to cover the expenses of day 2 for others as well as line the pockets of the powers that be at CTC.

Maverick97
15th Sep 2016, 13:16
Also got my invite for stage 2 at OAA! 14th October 08:00. Gives me almost a month to get my skills up to scratch. Does anyone know if the OAA interview material on latestpilotjobs.com is any good?

momo95
15th Sep 2016, 13:54
Does anyone know how much the CTC assessment fee is? Their site doesn't actually say and it wasn't included in the email they sent.

Maverick97
15th Sep 2016, 14:17
Does anyone know how much the CTC assessment fee is? Their site doesn't actually say and it wasn't included in the email they sent.
I believe it's £245. That's just by looking at their wings section and the Wizzair MPL

momo95
15th Sep 2016, 14:21
I believe it's £245. That's just by looking at their wings section and the Wizzair MPL

Thank you, also regarding your query about lpj, I've used them many times for CTC and found it was great, though I recently used them for OAA and I failed, now not to say it's lpj's fault.

yankee_alpha
15th Sep 2016, 14:25
It's £295.

Jenna_Aviatrix
15th Sep 2016, 15:00
The Selection fee is £295.20

And if you get as far as booking a Medical for your EASA Class 1 , that's going to cost you at least £468

momo95
15th Sep 2016, 15:41
I just saw that when rereading my emails, didn't read the full thing last time (silly me I know). But what a horrific price :yuk:

I'm being tempted towards selection in CAE, however I'm curious about the "bond repayments" CTC seem to offer. This may be a marketing ploy but my current understanding is that £69,000 of your training costs are transferred to APL who then repay that sum to you over 7 years. Is this correct can anyone confirm? If so, then I think for the sake of a £50 difference, paying the CTC fee will be the better option in the long run (£69,000 better if I'm not mistaken?)

I'm trying to evaluate the financial benefits of each fto and CTC seem to be ahead with the bond repayments, or do CAE make up for it by offering a higher salary with easyJet? There doesn't seem to be much financial info on this recent drive, all appears to be at least 2/3 years old and I assume things have changed.

Jenna_Aviatrix
15th Sep 2016, 15:48
I just saw that when rereading my emails, didn't read the full thing last time (silly me I know). But what a horrific price :yuk:

I'm being tempted towards selection in CAE, however I'm curious about the "bond repayments" CTC seem to offer. This may be a marketing ploy but my current understanding is that £69,000 of your training costs are transferred to APL who then repay that sum to you over 7 years. Is this correct can anyone confirm? If so, then I think for the sake of a £50 difference, paying the CTC fee will be the better option in the long run (£69,000 better if I'm not mistaken?)

I'm trying to evaluate the financial benefits of each fto and CTC seem to be ahead with the bond repayments, or do CAE make up for it by offering a higher salary with easyJet? There doesn't seem to be much financial info on this recent drive, all appears to be at least 2/3 years old and I assume things have changed.
Personally, I'd choose CTC over any other. Easyjet take 70% of their graudates because CTC is their preferred school.

I've seen a lot of people comment on other forums that easyjet have rejected their applications, from experienced FOs with hours under their belt....and the thing that they all seem to have in common, is being trained at different schools.

BA, Easyjet and Monarch are the 3 airlines who offer the Security Bond repayments through CTC.....that alone is worth a lot.

Plus, CTC have their protection scheme where you aren't made to repay anything if you have to retake a test/SIM.

Overall, 98% of CTC grads are offered a job with one of their partner airlines after completion of their training.

I spent 40 minutes on the phone with one of their Pilot Careers ADvice guys from Southampton gaining a lot of facts and figures.

CTC all the way.

And no, I'm not being paid any commission for promoting them, haha :p

momo95
15th Sep 2016, 15:55
Thank you very much for the insight Jenna :)

Well I've applied to CTC numerous times in the past and every single time I failed the interview. Two months ago I went for my first selection in a different school (CAE for cityjet) and passed the interview. I did absolutely nothing different in the interviews I did between both schools so haven't a clue what it is I'm doing wrong in the CTC interview but guess I'll give another go. I hope they still offer that reduction in selection fee when it isn't your first go !

Goodluck to all :)

yankee_alpha
15th Sep 2016, 19:01
Just a word of advice, always take the amazing "facts and figures" that flight schools give you with a pinch of a salt. Although I will agree that job prospects for a CTC graduate seem to be as good if not better than anywhere else.

ManUtd1999
15th Sep 2016, 20:28
Just a word of advice, always take the amazing "facts and figures" that flight schools give you with a pinch of a salt. Although I will agree that job prospects for a CTC graduate seem to be as good if not better than anywhere else.

+1

There seems to be a lot of uncertainty around the Easyjet scheme finance, not helped by a lack of published info from the flight schools. Eg,

Do cadets automatically go onto flexicrew? What are the hourly rates? I notice CTC's website is remarkably lacking on details of this particular aspect of the scheme - can't think why....

Do cadets get bond money repayed on top of salary? Is this dependant on getting a full-time contract and/or UK base?

Will Easyjet sponsor loans for any successfu candidate or does "exceptional" mean above and beyond that required for selection?

EcamSurprise
15th Sep 2016, 22:48
Be very careful listening to anyone who works for a school, whether it is CTC or other.

I started training 8 years ago and got a job very quickly and I am incredibly happy now but looking back on it I would NOT risk the money if I wasn't tagged by an airline.
I know too many friends who never got flying jobs and now have to live with huge loans.

Personally, I'd choose CTC over any other. Easyjet take 70% of their graudates because CTC is their preferred school.
EJ never stated a preferred school. Personal conversations I had with HoT was that a different school was their personal choice but that was a few years ago.
Anyone working in "careers advice" or whatever connected to any school may have their slight stance on the figures. I'd say it is more 50/50 if anything.

Base your choice of school on which one you think will suit you best NOT on the numbers or promises from anyone who is trying to sell you a course says and I mean ANYONE including students at open days.
You'll find that you won't ever meet a current student who is negative (because they have to believe in the end goal and job otherwise they won't have the motivation to get through it all) and you'll also find you won't ever meet an ex-student who doesn't have a job and is struggling with debt. You'll only meet the ones who want to ponce around in their shiny new airline uniform.

I've seen a lot of people comment on other forums that easyjet have rejected their applications, from experienced FOs with hours under their belt....and the thing that they all seem to have in common, is being trained at different schools.

Sorry, but rubbish. The experienced FOs we have joining easy are from all over the place.
Once you have airline hours, the school you went to is absolutely irrelevant.
If you're good, meet the standard and have the amount of experience required, you will get a job.

EDIT: having thought about it, Of all the direct entry FOs I know, none trained at any of the big schools.

Overall, 98% of CTC grads are offered a job with one of their partner airlines after completion of their training.

Yes. It's impressive. But that is because you do not proceed to finish training unless a airline picks you up. hence why they can claim 98% of people finish all the training get a job.

My closing thoughts:

I am in favour of no school in particular and this is why I say you should choose a school from the top 3 that suits you best.
I trained at one (at vast expense) and we all saw the lies and sales pitches or the amazing 'career centres' which in reality did very little for you other than a quick browse through the CV.

Many of my current colleagues have trained both at CTC and OAA and I hardly see a difference. What you DO see is a difference in attitudes and willingness to learn and THIS is what makes the difference to your career. The choice between schools is more personal. How well you do and how good an airline pilot you will become is largely down to you, your dedication and motivation.

Good luck to you all. I am sure we will fly together at some point in the future!

twtiger
16th Sep 2016, 08:18
Hey guys, has anyone caught the bus from dibden to southampton cental before? Does it take a while or are there any other alternatives? Cheers

HEJT2015
16th Sep 2016, 13:55
Does anyone know whether a maths score of 13/15 at CTC will be suitable for the MPL or only the Upgrade scheme?

BravoAlphaWhiskey
16th Sep 2016, 14:22
What sort of questions come up on the numeracy test?

100cc
16th Sep 2016, 14:49
Does anyone know whether a maths score of 13/15 at CTC will be suitable for the MPL or only the Upgrade scheme?
My understanding is that it depends what everyone else got - if 13/15 is the highest score then you're on MPL. If loads of people got 15/15 or 14/15 then they will be on MPL and you'll be on a lower path. That's what the EasyJet recruitment guy said at the presentation at CAE, I can't see why it would be different at CTC.

momo95
16th Sep 2016, 15:16
Considering the Qatar MPL was a 12/15 (according to what I was told), I would be surprised if easyjet were any higher. Though to be honest, I would be aiming to get 15/15 on the maths questions, they really are not difficult.

doz111
16th Sep 2016, 15:56
+1

There seems to be a lot of uncertainty around the Easyjet scheme finance, not helped by a lack of published info from the flight schools. Eg,

Do cadets automatically go onto flexicrew? What are the hourly rates? I notice CTC's website is remarkably lacking on details of this particular aspect of the scheme - can't think why....

Do cadets get bond money repayed on top of salary? Is this dependant on getting a full-time contract and/or UK base?

Will Easyjet sponsor loans for any successfu candidate or does "exceptional" mean above and beyond that required for selection?

If you go to easyJet after CTC you will never get any "bond" money repaid on top of your salary. The only significance of it is a tax advantage. After at least a year on Flexicrew, if you are then offered a permanent deal at a UK base your salary will be reduced by 12k and you will receive 1k a month tax free.

If you accept a European base your "bond" will be forfeited and you will just receive a normal salary and permanent deal with easyJet.