View Full Version : easyJet 2016

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4 5

Chris the Robot
17th Sep 2016, 16:35
I haven't applied to EZY since they've not been particularly clear about their loan guarantee options and I resent the fact that they make you pay for the assessment. Been there done that with a different programme and didn't think it was great value for money, though each to their own.

However, having been to Dibden there are probably a couple of things I can mention.

Getting there is a pain, I stayed at a local B&B which I would recommend but bear in mind that a taxi to Southampton Central station is about £25. There is apparently a ferry that takes you right to the middle of Southampton but I didn't use it since it was dark and I was knackered, just wanted to get home.

I passed everything except one of the two the group exercises. I tried to involve someone else in the group who was a bit quiet but it looked like I was trying to put them on the spot. So play it cautious and don't try too hard, you'll likely also have more than one wanting to be the time-keeper.

Maths I straightforward so long as you revise your pen and paper arithmetic for half-an-hour per day, you should all aim for 15/15 on this one.

Aptitude tests will vary from person to person but bear in mind they are looking at how quickly you can learn. Aim to improve your score on each of the three attempts.

The interview I didn't find too bad, though it seemed like those with quite a bit of life/work experience would find it easier than those straight out of school. Not too bad compared to final-stage interviews in the train driving world, trust me, those are hard!

KayPam
18th Sep 2016, 14:35
Hi. I had mine a while ago.
They asked us not to disclose details. However I will say that details are unnecessary, which should give you enough info.

momo95
18th Sep 2016, 18:22
You only harm yourseld by giving details, silly to. And people really shouldn't be asking for them.

On another note. What are peoples views regarding choosing CAE or CTC for this?

JSFerrier98
19th Sep 2016, 10:51
Hi all,
I'm new to the forum and was just wondering if anybody else is around for the phase 2 application day on October the sixth at 12:00?
As a local to the area, 3 minutes drive, if anyone has any travel queries or would like a lift from the Hythe ferry terminal feel free to message or e-mail me.
The selection process, as far as I can tell, is compromised of aptitude tests at phase two, followed by both the group and 1 to 1 interview on another date after this. I would appreciate it if someone could confirm this, as have seen lots of different ideas around the order CTC conduct there selection process on the internet.

Good luck to you all.
Good luck to everyone

DexterMorgan10
19th Sep 2016, 13:59
She probably already knows whether she got the MPL or not. So it doesn't really make any harm to her, I guess. :)

Freeboy
19th Sep 2016, 15:40
Bases are decided towards the end of the course and CTC / Easyjet have said that this could be anywhere in Europe, not just the UK. I don't know about CAE but I would imagine it'll be the same.

Officer Kite
19th Sep 2016, 15:52
Bases are decided towards the end of the course and CTC / Easyjet have said that this could be anywhere in Europe, not just the UK. I don't know about CAE but I would imagine it'll be the same.

Thanks for your reply, but did CTC used to guarantee a UK base? I guess this has since been done away with :/

EcamSurprise
20th Sep 2016, 05:37
CTC used to be UK bases only because of the contract payments. Now they've changed the set up so can base you anywhere.

Your ground school results will have nothing to do with it. I know at CAE they use a "randomiser" to pick who is going where.

HeartyMeatballs
20th Sep 2016, 09:21
The randomiser will work as follows:

Those who are from Edinburgh will be placed in Hamburg. Those from Hamburg will be placed in Edinburgh whilst Londoners will be placed in Lisbon and people from Lisbon will be based in London.

They care not a jot. You'll be stranded there for some time. Still wanna lay £100k for this?

maxthenorman50
20th Sep 2016, 16:53
Hello everybody, I'm new to this forum but have been following this thread.

I'm invited for a stage 2 assessment in Oxford next week (at CAE).

I have a question regarding stage 3, as I read :

Successful candidates who reach the required EasyJet standard will be notified by email and invited to attend Stage 3, the final Stage of this process. This assessment will be conducted jointly by CAE Oxford Aviation Academy and easyJet during October, November and December 2016.

My question is the following, do they usually wait to have interviewed all the candidates and give a grouped answer at the end (in December), or do they progressively inform the candidates a few days after their interview ?

I have this question because I have different projects in parallel, and it's always better to know sooner :)

Thanks if someone has an answer / a clue.

Helski
21st Sep 2016, 12:44
Hello everybody, I'm new to this forum but have been following this thread.

I'm invited for a stage 2 assessment in Oxford next week (at CAE).

I have a question regarding stage 3, as I read :

Successful candidates who reach the required EasyJet standard will be notified by email and invited to attend Stage 3, the final Stage of this process. This assessment will be conducted jointly by CAE Oxford Aviation Academy and easyJet during October, November and December 2016.

My question is the following, do they usually wait to have interviewed all the candidates and give a grouped answer at the end (in December), or do they progressively inform the candidates a few days after their interview ?

I have this question because I have different projects in parallel, and it's always better to know sooner :)

Thanks if someone has an answer / a clue.

Hi Max, welcome to the forum. I attended the stage 3 interview (non-technical) last Friday at CTC. We were told we would be given a result within 2-3 weeks.

flyingintheclouds
21st Sep 2016, 19:46
I applied just before the deadline and still haven't heard back, assume quite a few other people are still waiting?

momo95
21st Sep 2016, 20:09
I applied just before the deadline and still haven't heard back, assume quite a few other people are still waiting?

It took me 7 weeks to hear back

twtiger
22nd Sep 2016, 12:10
Anybody still waiting for a stage 3 date to be made available?

Plus how long have you guys been waiting?

Cheers

Jenna_Aviatrix
22nd Sep 2016, 13:54
Anybody still waiting for a stage 3 date to be made available?

Plus how long have you guys been waiting?

Cheers
Twtiger, last time I saw dates released was Monday just gone (19/09). I managed to book the date available so I'll be attending Phase 3 on 27th October. You definitely have to check numerous times throughout the day. Before this, the last time i know of them releasing dates was about 2 weeks before. So it could be another 2 weeks until they release more dates or it may literally just be coincidence, because they have to wait for when easyJet staff are available

twtiger
22nd Sep 2016, 14:17
Twtiger, last time I saw dates released was Monday just gone (19/09). I managed to book the date available so I'll be attending Phase 3 on 27th October. You definitely have to check numerous times throughout the day. Before this, the last time i know of them releasing dates was about 2 weeks before. So it could be another 2 weeks until they release more dates or it may literally just be coincidence, because they have to wait for when easyJet staff are available

Thanks Jenna! Yeah ill keep on checking then! Cheers and good luck with your final stage!

SPETTSKY
23rd Sep 2016, 00:51
I'm well into the swing revising for phase 2 which I've booked for the 14th October.
However, I'm having trouble finding details on what happens post training. I know that may sound stupid but I'm finding the information to be quite vague. Can anyone confirm that once training is complete you will be an easyJet FO with a permanent contract with no salary reduction? Also, at what point do you start getting paid by easyJet? With such a financial commitment I think its the security people need just so they know they can comfortably start making loan repayments etc etc.
If there are any previous cadets lurking round on these forums then even better!
Any feedback appreciated :)

I know this isn't what you want to hear but.. read through this thread, start to finish. Theres a lot of good information - its all here.

Maverick97
23rd Sep 2016, 10:54
I should've noted my application is through OAA.
I've read through this thread and honestly it's like a pot of gold. It's seems CTC has been the FTO that most people have gone for and there is a lot of details surrounding contracts (UK and EU bases, Flexicrew etc etc) but there seems to be a lack of information on the Oxford side as I know it does differ from CTC slightly.

Charlie190785
23rd Sep 2016, 17:25
hey guys and girls, can anyone give me any direction with regards assessment prep software. I will be attending the Easyjet phase 2 assessment day with OAA. i was looking on skytest.com and CAE oxford software is under Pan-Asian?!

i have previously done a aptitude test with CTC and they both seem to differ quite alot.

Before i spend money on irrelevant software!!

Cheers for any info.

Hazzzz
27th Sep 2016, 15:21
Hi, just wondering if anyone who has heard back from Oxford for generation easyJet how long it takes for them to get back to you?

cheers

DCon
28th Sep 2016, 11:16
Can anyone shed any light on the online assessments which you are required to do prior the Phase 3? I've just received the email saying I was successful at Phase 2 and that I would need to complete some online assessments prior to the interview day.

onpaz
28th Sep 2016, 12:31
Hi,

I am looking for informations about how financials of CTC EasyJet Programme works ?
Is there a loan (circa 100.000 pounds) for everyone who participates in training or just for specified group ?
Is the loan needed to be payback from pilot salary (when start to become a pilot ) ? How much is it monthly then and for how long ?
What are the career opportunities after graduation the program ? I become Second Officer, then what ?

Thank you for reply.
Cheers

Helski
29th Sep 2016, 09:37
Hi,

I am looking for informations about how financials of CTC EasyJet Programme works ?
Is there a loan (circa 100.000 pounds) for everyone who participates in training or just for specified group ?
Is the loan needed to be payback from pilot salary (when start to become a pilot ) ? How much is it monthly then and for how long ?
What are the career opportunities after graduation the program ? I become Second Officer, then what ?

Thank you for reply.
Cheers

I suggest you attend the flyer exhibition at Heathrow as it seems you have quite a lot of research to do on the subject. Then decide which school suits your needs best by visiting their open days.

jemma2805
29th Sep 2016, 12:22
I'm flying from Dubai on Monday to attend the assessments at Dibden on the 4th. I feel so unprepared, but don't know what else to do to prepare! :eek:

Anyone else going to be there on the 4th?

jemma2805
29th Sep 2016, 20:06
Hi,

I'm flying from Dubai this week to attend the assessments at Dibden on the 4th. Is anyone else going to be there? :)

antonioGr
30th Sep 2016, 02:42
Guys anyone still waiting to hear back from them for the pass on to Stage 2?
Its been 10 days and still haven't heard anything.

twtiger
30th Sep 2016, 05:55
anybody managed to book their phase 3 assessment these past 2 weeks? Haven't had much luck myself.

DCon
30th Sep 2016, 07:50
I waited 6 weeks antonioGr.

Not me, twtiger, I've been trying a few times each day.

FlyinErin
30th Sep 2016, 08:34
Hey Jemma,

I'm in at 1430 on the 4th :)
Nervously excited!!

jemma2805
30th Sep 2016, 20:57
Hey Jemma,

I'm in at 1430 on the 4th :)
Nervously excited!!

Oh hi Erin! I'm in at 1230 so fingers crossed my day will be over when you arrive. I'm soooo nervous!!

ben78
2nd Oct 2016, 00:15
Hi Skyblue,
Where did you see on the OAA website that the stage 3 should take 8 hours?
I have seen it nowhere

Jaco.bell
2nd Oct 2016, 14:21
Hi Jemma2805 and Erin!My assessment is planned for 4/10 at 12:30.I am flying from Italy tomorrow; I booked a room at Dibden manor for Monday night in order to be more relaxed the morning after....

I am as nervous as you but also pretty excited!

PS I am 23, what about you?

ben78
2nd Oct 2016, 20:25
yes right, I have seen it too, but they did not send the invitation already, I guess. Hope they are going to do it this week, and perhaps propose some other dates in november.
8 hours is indeed really long, but it may just be the longest it can take. Let's say, it starts at 7:45, then 8 hours later the last candidate of the day end his personal interview, meaning we can finish before that.
So do not expect to wait that long except if you are unlucky enough to be the last one doing your interview.

jemma2805
2nd Oct 2016, 22:27
Hi Jemma2805 and Erin!My assessment is planned for 4/10 at 12:30.I am flying from Italy tomorrow; I booked a room at Dibden manor for Monday night in order to be more relaxed the morning after....

I am as nervous as you but also pretty excited!

PS I am 23, what about you?

Hey!! I guess we're both at the same time! I'm flying over in a couple of hours and then staying at a hotel in Southampton for 2 nights.

I think I keep getting more and more nervous! I'm also 23 😀

jswift98
3rd Oct 2016, 22:14
Anyone know how long easyJet will hold a place for? I've been invited to the phase 2 but I would be able to start training until summer 2017 due to A-levels

maxthenorman50
4th Oct 2016, 09:05
Hi jswift98, are you with CTC or CAE ?

DCon
4th Oct 2016, 09:10
Hi jswift98,

You can defer your start date up to 12 months from the date of your phase 2 should you be successful

jswift98
4th Oct 2016, 22:42
With CTC and ahh that's great! Got aspirations off giving Mr Elsworth a run for his money ;) aha

FlyVeryHigh-
5th Oct 2016, 10:30
Can anyone provide any further details on this…

I’ve heard that the current EZY MPL course is in the process of being overhauled in terms of structure and there won’t be any further intakes until March 17.

DCon
5th Oct 2016, 10:35
I heard otherwise when during my selection day recently. Where did you hear that?

twtiger
6th Oct 2016, 04:45
Has anyone managed to book a stage 3 assessment lately? I've been 3 weeks checking daily.

Also does anyone have a stage 2 interview soon?

m585
7th Oct 2016, 16:42
Haven't seen anybody reporting any new phase 3 dates going up since 19/09. Before that the previous release was 05/09 so Mondays seem to be a pattern...

I've got my phase 3 this coming Thursday so it's beginning to feel a bit real! Just got all the advance assessment emails through. Nothing too bad involved.

Hoddington
7th Oct 2016, 20:14
Places for the 17th Nov for phase 3 at CTC appeared last Monday. Booked on as soon as it appeared, and now to worry about the clashes in the diary. Keep on checking, when I last spoke to them they did say they quite regularly are having cancellations and so dates are reappearing, and it all depends on checking at the right time.

m585
7th Oct 2016, 23:19
Ah there we go then, they definitely do seem to have a history of releasing new phase 3 dates always on a Monday and seemingly 2 weeks apart each time (05/09,19/09,03/10). Obviously can't be fully relied upon but a good indication for those waiting!

Helski
10th Oct 2016, 10:27
Had my Phase 3 non technical interview at CTC on 16th September and still waiting to hear back. Anyone else in the same boat? Was told 2-3 weeks, today marks the start of week 4. Application still reads "on hold".

EZY_FR
10th Oct 2016, 14:24
Anyone having their assessment this Wednesday afternoon at OAA? Hope to meet some of you there!

Very nervous ahead of the assessment, I've read so much about the OAA tests and how they differ greatly from other schools.

Emanuuelejazz
10th Oct 2016, 15:12
Had my Phase 3 non technical interview at CTC on 16th September and still waiting to hear back. Anyone else in the same boat? Was told 2-3 weeks, today marks the start of week 4. Application still reads "on hold".
Hi, I'm waiting for the final feedback too. What date have you indicated as a possible start date ?

brunolau
10th Oct 2016, 16:00
Hi Helski, I also had my phase 3 the 16th of September, and so far I havent heard anything... I called to gather some information and all they said me was that it would take a couple more weeks (and that was two weeks ago...).

Freddie1234
10th Oct 2016, 19:18
Just applied for the ctc application, and two questions ( 300 words )appareaed at first but now they've disappeared
Any advice ?

Helski
11th Oct 2016, 11:10
Hi, I'm waiting for the final feedback too. What date have you indicated as a possible start date ?

I wrote 1st January as my possible start date. I was exoecting a quicker response though! What about you?

Helski
11th Oct 2016, 11:12
Hi Helski, I also had my phase 3 the 16th of September, and so far I havent heard anything... I called to gather some information and all they said me was that it would take a couple more weeks (and that was two weeks ago...).

Hey Bruno, were you the guy who flew in from Madrid?

I rang last week on Thursday and they just said it was still with the airline. I'm hoping it's a good sign that's it's taking so long, but who knows. Has anyone received a negative response from 16th September yet?

Emanuuelejazz
11th Oct 2016, 11:43
I wrote 1st January as my possible start date. I was exoecting a quicker response though! What about you?
I've said as soon as possible (realistically November as my Phase 3 was late September) but in the application form back in May I've set it to something like mid August !!!
I was just trying to figure out if they prioritize a little bit on availability for starting the course ... should make sense ...

flyingintheclouds
11th Oct 2016, 13:20
I have not even had my stage 1 back and its been 8 weeks :(

BravoAlphaWhiskey
11th Oct 2016, 20:03
Just applied for the ctc application, and two questions ( 300 words )appareaed at first but now they've disappeared
Any advice ?
Hey Freddie. I had the same issue - I think CTC had the questions as part of the application but at some point they chose to get rid of them for the latest applicants.. Ah well, makes things easier if anything.

DexterMorgan10
12th Oct 2016, 12:09
Ciao Emanuele!

My name is Felice, and I'll be attending Phase 3 at the end of this month. If you have time and you feel like, do you mind if i ask you a couple of questions about your Day2 at Dibden?

If so, you can send me an email at

Good luck to everyone with the results!

Ginger Ninja
12th Oct 2016, 15:06
I have not even had my stage 1 back and its been 8 weeks :(
Dude, I am going on 9 weeks now and I still haven't even had anything back for stage 1....

brunolau
13th Oct 2016, 23:51
Hey Bruno, were you the guy who flew in from Madrid?

I rang last week on Thursday and they just said it was still with the airline. I'm hoping it's a good sign that's it's taking so long, but who knows. Has anyone received a negative response from 16th September yet?

Yes, I'm the Spanish guy, I really hope to hear from CTC this month, it's taking way too long...

Freddie1234
14th Oct 2016, 18:17
Hey Freddie. I had the same issue - I think CTC had the questions as part of the application but at some point they chose to get rid of them for the latest applicants.. Ah well, makes things easier if anything.

Hahaha thank you !:)

100cc
17th Oct 2016, 15:41
Just got my invitation to stage 3 at CAE - phew!

They're doing some s3 interviews this week on Thursday and Friday but those are booked up already so extra dates have been put on in 3 weeks time.

I've booked for Friday 4th November. Has anyone else?

ben78
17th Oct 2016, 16:56
Booked for the 3rd :-)

brunolau
17th Oct 2016, 20:17
No answer so far for the applicants who did phase 3 the 16th?

Maverick97
17th Oct 2016, 21:23
Just got my invitation to stage 3 at CAE - phew!

They're doing some s3 interviews this week on Thursday and Friday but those are booked up already so extra dates have been put on in 3 weeks time.

I've booked for Friday 4th November. Has anyone else?

Yes sir! Got myself booked in for the 4th. Had my stage two assessment on Friday 14th and got email with the good news approx two hours later!

Helski
18th Oct 2016, 05:24
No answer so far for the applicants who did phase 3 the 16th?

Still nothing here...

twtiger
18th Oct 2016, 06:11
Does it always take so long to get a response after the last interview? I thought they called you guys up the next day or two!

Anybody had any similar experience?

EZY_FR
18th Oct 2016, 08:04
I'm on the 4th as well guys, see you at OAA!

Helski
18th Oct 2016, 08:40
Does it always take so long to get a response after the last interview? I thought they called you guys up the next day or two!

Anybody had any similar experience?

Ha. The group who had final interview on 16th September still waiting. I was told in the interview it would be 2-3 weeks, at the time I thought that was bad! Just approaching week 5...

angelo26
18th Oct 2016, 13:18
Hi all!

I have a German licence LBA and it is not possible to convert it to a UK CAA licence.
I need to convert my licence, can someone of you, who had the same problem, give me any andvice on how they gonna convert the licence.
Thanks for the help!
Best Regards

A320ECAM
18th Oct 2016, 14:14
Guys and girls, from my understanding having spoken to many cadets, if you are still waiting after your phase 3 non-technical assessment day, then you are through and are waiting to hear back from easyJet as your file has been passed to them?

Helski
18th Oct 2016, 16:05
I really appreciate the comment, but I don't want to get my hopes up only to have them dashed! Having spoken to CTC, the application has been passed to easyjet and they are waiting to hear back from them. I guess just because ctc have passed the application on, doesn't necessarily mean it'll be successful.

Fingers crossed all currently waiting are successful :)

Goaround92
20th Oct 2016, 16:55
Any one else in the same boat as me?
'Following a careful review of your assessment results, unfortunately you do not meet the minimum expected to be considered further for the easyJet MPL programme, however we are pleased to advise that you have met the standard to be considered for further assessment for Generation easyJet Pilot Training Programme'

m585
20th Oct 2016, 18:18
Out of curiosity is that a response received after phase 2 or phase 3?

Goaround92
20th Oct 2016, 19:41
It was after phase 2 (maths/aptitude tests)

ben78
20th Oct 2016, 20:36
I guess this answer means, you cannot get though the route 1 of the program but still can be tagged by easyJet for the route 3 and then join easyJet function to your training results without any further assessment.
Just an assumption

Jenna_Aviatrix
20th Oct 2016, 21:32
Any one else in the same boat as me?
'Following a careful review of your assessment results, unfortunately you do not meet the minimum expected to be considered further for the easyJet MPL programme, however we are pleased to advise that you have met the standard to be considered for further assessment for Generation easyJet Pilot Training Programme'
Hi Goaround92 - I had the same response after my Phase 2 and they said that it just means I don't qualify for Route 1 & 2 but do qualify for Route 3. I believe for myself its based purely on the basis that I don't hold any A-Levels, only GCSEs, because my assessment day went quite well.

So with us Route 3 people, it means that if successful after Phase 3, we start the course with CTC on their Integrated ATPL Programme which will be geared towards easyJet's SOPs and after the 26 Weeks Ground School, if we're performing well we may be offered a placement with easyJet at that stage.

At the end of the course we'll hold a CPL License, whereas Route 1 and 2 people will hold a MPL License.

This was the information I gained from CTC themselves when I called them a couple months back.

My Phase 3 date is this Thursday coming on the 27th Oct.....MEGA NERVOUS

Goaround92
21st Oct 2016, 13:21
Thanks for the info jenna_aviatrix,

It's a bit annoying because after my technical day I checked my application and it said that I had passed. The email never came through though so when I rang CTC a week later they sent it again and this time it arrived and said that I'd been unsuccessful for the mpl but did enough to be considered for the atpl :-/ bit of a kick in the teeth.

Is there a big difference in a cpl and an mpl other than the fact that a mpl is set up for a specific airline, in this case Easyjet?

What happens if you don't get offered a placement with Easyjet after the 26 weeks of ground school? Could you end up paying circa 120k on the integrated atpl course to then end up with nothing to show for it if Easyjet don't want you?

Good luck for your phase 3 date coming up!

back.of.class
21st Oct 2016, 18:46
Differences between CPL and MPL have been widely discussed on Pprune basically MPL = flight training in ME aircraft then 6 months in a simulator training according to airline SOP's.
What happens if you don't get offered a placement with Easyjet after the 26 weeks of ground school? Could you end up paying circa 120k on the integrated atpl course to then end up with nothing to show for it if Easyjet don't want you?

From what I can see this a great way for CTC to get more people through the back door into their whitetail route, if you fail to make the grade after ground school ( at a cost of £5-6K) they will most likely encourage you to complete your training (because they have such great links you're practically guaranteed a placement) at a cost of £95K plus expenses. You will then enter a holding pool that you may or may not drown in and don't forget that TR fee of £30-40K :ugh:

Exercise great caution when making final decisions that involve that much money. Remember you are a customer they are sales men/women they will tell you what you want to hear (within reason) to get your money.

Last time I checked most pilots couldn't afford new Bentley's and RR's but CTC management can. :E

Officer Kite
21st Oct 2016, 23:21
Personally mate I'd take the cpl over mpl if i had thr choice.

Something about these new improved "gen easyjet" route and methods says it's all a bit of a con if i'' honest.

You are getting more or less a very similar product for varying prices. Only with us mugs would they get away with this sort of robbery

Maxicb
22nd Oct 2016, 03:59
Anyone seen any phase 3 dates pop up in the last couple weeks?

A320ECAM
22nd Oct 2016, 22:11
But why Officer Kite?

With the easyJet MPL, you are:
1. paying less (as the A320 TR is included in the cost, whereas you would have to pay for it separately doing the iATPL route)
2) more likely to get a jet job at the end of training

The only real benefit of going along the more expensive iATPL route is that you'll have more choice of which airline to apply for once you finish training (however you'll have to go through the entire recruitment process for every airline you apply for).

ROKVIATOR
23rd Oct 2016, 11:18
A320ECAM, with the mpl you will be forever on the right side, you cant be upgraded to captain nor apply for other company because the mpl is addapted to the company in which you are being instructed so... You can figure out why is the other way better than the mpl.

sara98
23rd Oct 2016, 11:40
Hi everyone,

I would like to know how candidates can practice for the computer based testings (ADAPT) held during Stage 2 of the selection process with CAE Oxford Aviation Academy. Do you know and recommend any online preparation software to practice before attending the assessment?

Many thanks in advance :)

yankee_alpha
23rd Oct 2016, 13:00
You can convert the MPL to ATPL after 1500 hours. You won't be spending your career in the right hand seat.

FlyVeryHigh-
23rd Oct 2016, 13:05
Interesting. I have a friend who did a research paper on the MPL, and when it was done (last summer), there hadn't been any upgrades to the LHS from MPL route guys. Although I originally put this down to the MPL not being around that long, it would be interesting to know if there have been any upgrades since.

When you obtain the ATPL at 1500hrs do you still have the same opportunities as other conventional ATPL holders?

Speedbird148
23rd Oct 2016, 14:49
This isn't true I'm afraid. Airlines hire future Captain's for a start. There is plenty of factual information available on the MPL. I would recommend the BALPA website. In my opinion an evolution of the MPL type of competency based training will become the norm in the future.

EcamSurprise
23rd Oct 2016, 17:45
A320ECAM, with the mpl you will be forever on the right side, you cant be upgraded to captain nor apply for other company because the mpl is addapted to the company in which you are being instructed so... You can figure out why is the other way better than the mpl.

Wrong. The days of it being 'airline specific' have gone.

1500 hours = ATPL.

Minimum hours for command is 3500 factored. By then any MPL cadet will have a full ATPL and will, of course, be able to upgrade. Why would any airline recruit people who will only sit in the RHS? You are all being recruited as future captains.

Also, MPL pilots with only 500 hours have moved from easyJet to BA. It is NOT airline specific. The airline simply needs to add MPL as an accepted licence type into their OMs.

Officer Kite
24th Oct 2016, 08:57
I jumped straight to the history of the MPL section in that document and the first line I read was

"Ab-initio training in light propeller single-engine (SE) and multi-engine (ME) aircraft (normally delivered
by instructors without airline experience – and sometimes motivated to build their own hours),
graduating with a Commercial Pilot License and Instrument Rating"

Whilst it may be true, I can't help but get the feel there is an agenda here ...

ROKVIATOR
24th Oct 2016, 12:50
Well, was kinda wrong... More ways to pay to the airline in order to flight, right?

About ez, how is going on with the ICAO lvl 6? Is that a must or is it just to intimidate?

Brad5313
24th Oct 2016, 13:08
Just passed stage 1
Stage 2 no dates available!

Any idea when we'll see some new dates?

EZY_FR
25th Oct 2016, 08:28
Anyone here going to stage 3 OAA selection next Friday? Hope to see some of you there!

ben78
25th Oct 2016, 09:16
Next Thursday for me mate 😞

EZY_FR
25th Oct 2016, 16:14
How did it go skyblue?

EZY_FR
25th Oct 2016, 17:06
Really? I heard they'd wait until all the stage 3 interviews were completed before they said who was going where

SCalder
26th Oct 2016, 12:40
Brad I passed stage 1 on Monday too and was also wondering when any spaces may become available??

Officer Kite
26th Oct 2016, 20:01
I did my ADAPT assessment yesterday and it's been about 30 hours and still haven't heard anything, does anyone know if this is a good or bad sign? :/ i understand some people got results before even getting home !

BravoAlphaWhiskey
26th Oct 2016, 23:12
jordanmurry,

Are you totally sure that OAA are only doing the Amy Johnson initiative for loan underwriting? There was an event at OAA with EZY yesterday on the 26th, hopefully someone who attended can clear things up.

ben78
27th Oct 2016, 02:34
I was at the event yesterday and they said they may underwrite loan for male candidates as well, outstanding one obviously.
No other detailed except they are more willing to underwrite TR as they don't have to keep the money in the treasury to long.
From my personal opinion, don't count on it, it's pretty unclear and I guess that's going to be quite the exception

HEJT2015
27th Oct 2016, 11:45
I spoke to OAA regarding underwriting when the scheme initially opened and they simply said, they will not be underwriting applicants, excluding the Amy Johnson Initiative... two schools cannot do it at once. CTC are allowed, but OAA are not. This may have changed.. but that's what I got told.

ben78
27th Oct 2016, 11:58
The guy who gave me the info yesterday was representative for easyJet, so don't really know where the truth is :-)

Helski
27th Oct 2016, 14:27
The guy who gave me the info yesterday was representative for easyJet, so don't really know where the truth is :-)

I have heard they will under write the 'outstanding' applicants, but will lean towards the TR far more. From what I gathered, do not count on being underwritten. It sounded like a very small amount of people, possibly around 1% of all successful applicants.

100cc
27th Oct 2016, 15:10
I've never seen or heard anything official about men studying at OAA being eligible for course cost underwriting - it's BBVA, savings or "bank of mum and dad"!

I'm fortunate enough (and old enough...) to have got just enough equity in the house to be able to use it as security so hopefully BBVA will accept me.

EZY_FR I've sent you a PM, hope you don't mind :)

Iselbewohner
27th Oct 2016, 16:04
At the assessment I attended we were told hat EZY would decide who gets the underwritten loans in 2017, so after the start of the first courses. Therefor one should be able to go without that help from EZY before deciding to start the training..

back.of.class
27th Oct 2016, 18:14

I've never seen or heard anything official about men studying at OAA being eligible for course cost underwriting - it's BBVA, savings or "bank of mum and dad"!

I'm fortunate enough (and old enough...) to have got just enough equity in the house to be able to use it as security so hopefully BBVA will accept me.

EZY_FR I've sent you a PM, hope you don't mind

If I were you I would contact BBVA or whoever else you wish to get a loan from. I once spoke to a loan company that specialised in flight training loans (not BBVA) and they insisted that the guarantor had to be a 3rd party. I couldn't use my property which also has plenty of equity.

unusualdani
27th Oct 2016, 19:30
Hey there. Can anyone tell me what Phase 2 consisted of? Much appreciated!

A320cp
27th Oct 2016, 22:31
Anyone been able to book Phase 3 lately with CTC?

MaxPilot1
28th Oct 2016, 08:04
I did my ADAPT assessment yesterday and it's been about 30 hours and still haven't heard anything, does anyone know if this is a good or bad sign? :/ i understand some people got results before even getting home !
I heard a week after the assessment. So don't worry 😉

twtiger
28th Oct 2016, 09:03
Have those waiting for phase 3 results at CTC gotten any news yet? How long have you been waiting now?

Did any of you guys call them?

Helski
28th Oct 2016, 12:00
Have those waiting for phase 3 results at CTC gotten any news yet? How long have you been waiting now?

Did any of you guys call them?

6 weeks today. Called a couple of times, delay is apparently with easyjet.

ben78
28th Oct 2016, 14:17
Yes you ll receive it a couple of days before your stage 3 ;-)

EZY_FR
28th Oct 2016, 14:29
I was sent a second copy about 20 mins ago :).

100cc
28th Oct 2016, 15:13
Yes I got a second copy of the pack this afternoon as well, it seems to be identical to the first one.

Officer Kite, perhaps try giving them a ring ask for it? Annalise Green was the person that sent the pack out this afternoon.

EZY_FR
29th Oct 2016, 14:30
You only get the pack if you book a slot Officer Kite, so i'd book a slot as soon as possible.

sara98
29th Oct 2016, 23:35
Hi everyone,

Is it true it's not possible to attempt stage 2 of the selection for the easyJet MPL with both CAE OAA and CTC Aviation Academy??

If yes, how can CAE know I'm attending the selection process also with CTC and vice versa?? :rolleyes:

EZY_FR
30th Oct 2016, 11:46
I think they would contact easyJet directly to look up records for both schools.

sara98
30th Oct 2016, 16:15
Thank you for your replies!! :)

Do you also know what are the standards required by easyJet for the computer based tests in order to pass the second stage of selection with CAE OAA??

Officer Kite
30th Oct 2016, 23:04
Hey Sara, there is a maths/physics test, then there are various hand eye coordination, memory tests etc. If you mean what specific marks you have to get then no one quite knows other than simbiotics (spelling?), they're the company who oaa outsource this stage of the selection process to. Hope that helps :)

Eysenck
31st Oct 2016, 10:45
Morning all,

Received my invite to the first selection day at CTC last week :)

Been checking out different websites for some aptitude practice. Signed up for the CTC subscription on latestpilotjobs - anyone know if this is close to the real thing? Any suggestions for others also very welcome!

Thanks all!

100cc
31st Oct 2016, 16:40
Somewhere in the terms and conditions of booking it says that due to the volume of candidates etc they can't give out test scores or interview feedback. This is most likely true, but there will be other reasons too - probably including preventing prospective cadets from waving their test scores at each other and the potential for complaints from someone who scored 950/1000 and didn't get in finding out that someone else that scored 949/1000 did get in!

When I did my stage 2 the only score that you got was from the last section, which was the "keep the wandering ball in the middle of the target using the joystick" test. The test flashed up your score right at the end, which was a surprise as everything else had just said "uploading answers....." and then moved on to the next stage. FWIW most of us scored pretty close to 200, I think highest from our group was 209. Knowing if you failed the flying sim part is probably pretty easy too - if you crashed it, you failed!

EZY_FR
31st Oct 2016, 23:23
I got 91 in that test and got through to stage 3.

lgwjrb
2nd Nov 2016, 17:56
How long did you guys have to wait before finding a Stage 3 interview date after a Stage 2 success? I have been checking the website but apparently not enough/

shivfox
2nd Nov 2016, 19:24
Took about three weeks of constant checking for me.. Passed Phase 2 in July and my slot for Phase 3 was in mid October! Just keep checking daily :)

Maverick97
3rd Nov 2016, 12:07
My stage 3 is tomorrow, good luck to all those who are currently having their interview today!

EZY_FR
3rd Nov 2016, 14:27
See you tomorrow Jordan!

ben78
3rd Nov 2016, 15:48
Did my OAA stage 3 today. It really was a good day and a good experience.
Good luck for those doing it tomorrow 😉

jonesy05
6th Nov 2016, 15:24
Has anybody managed to book a stage 2 slot in the last few weeks?

flyingintheclouds
7th Nov 2016, 16:17
I've also tried to book a phase 2 but cannot see any dates either, I'm sure they will be adding more.

m585
7th Nov 2016, 18:15
I was promised mine this week but nothing yet...nail biting lol. My non-technical day was October 13th, when was yours? And was it good news for you...?

EZY_FR
7th Nov 2016, 21:00
I got good news, honestly so chuffed to bits knowing I'll be flying easyJet aircraft a few years from now. Thanks to everyone in this thread and the pprune forum for helping making this possible for me.

jf320
7th Nov 2016, 21:20
I had my non-tech at CTC on the 13th of October. I rang CTC a 2/3 weeks ago but no definite answer about the outcome. Has any light been shed on when decisions will be made for CTC applicants?

kirungi1
7th Nov 2016, 21:41
EZY_FR, congratulations; How excited I am for you! You've worked so hard to get to where you are, and that is something on it's own. Again, well done and good luck :ok:

m585
8th Nov 2016, 03:08
congrats!

Did any of the CTC stage 3 hear anything if successful or not? Or still waiting?

Good luck to the rest!
I know that several CTC people have already been told they haven't been successful. As far as I know no one has the good news from them yet.

On Friday evening CTC called me to clarify something about one of the documents I had given them. While on the phone it was mentioned that they were asking me this because they were going back over files checking them because they were preparing to send out results 'over the next week'.

Congrats to those OAA people who made it :)

Helski
8th Nov 2016, 06:52
I know that several CTC people have already been told they haven't been successful. As far as I know no one has the good news from them yet.

On Friday evening CTC called me to clarify something about one of the documents I had given them. While on the phone it was mentioned that they were asking me this because they were going back over files checking them because they were preparing to send out results 'over the next week'.

Congrats to those OAA people who made it :)

Where you've said you know a few from CTC who were told they were unsuccessful, was this after phase 3? If so, any idea what day they attended? I attended phase 3 on 16th September, I'm wondering whether everybody is still waiting or just some are.

FL711
8th Nov 2016, 09:06
Congrats to those who made it so far. Also best of luck to those who are yet to hear form OAA. It was a nice bunch on of people on Friday. Really hope to see you all soon :)

EZY_FR I told you I will see you soon :P

m585
8th Nov 2016, 09:07
Where you've said you know a few from CTC who were told they were unsuccessful, was this after phase 3? If so, any idea what day they attended? I attended phase 3 on 16th September, I'm wondering whether everybody is still waiting or just some are.

Yes this was after phase 3. Some from October 13th/14th and October 27th got told no the very next day.

Helski
8th Nov 2016, 09:46
People attended OAA phase 2 on the 25th of October and phase 3 the following week and got results yesterday. What on earth causes CTC to take so long ... 16th september phase 3 !? :eek:

Tell me about it, getting a little tedious now!

Helski
8th Nov 2016, 09:47
Yes this was after phase 3. Some from October 13th/14th and October 27th got told no the very next day.

I suppose that's positive I've not heard yet. Fingers crossed the result comes this week as some have suggested.

yankee_alpha
8th Nov 2016, 10:11
So there is no phase 4 then? An offer is made after phase 3?

EZY_FR, congratulations. You've been an active poster and participant on a number of these schemes, great to see that you've finally gotten an offer.

Helski
8th Nov 2016, 11:11
No phase 4, offer is made or rejection after phase 3.

DexterMorgan10
8th Nov 2016, 12:30
Do you guys think that after Stage 3, those who haven't heard anything yet (which should be positive stuff), is it still possible to be rejected, or it's only a matter of which route you fall into?

And if you attended the Stage 3 with the standards met for the MPL, could you still potentially be "downgraded" to route 2 or 3?

I hate this lack of information, by the way. :ugh:

wonder88
9th Nov 2016, 19:06
Congrats EZY_FR you've worked hard for it. :ok:

warriorbravoromeo
10th Nov 2016, 17:40
Any idea when the scheme will be open for applications again?

EZY_FR
10th Nov 2016, 21:21
Thanks guys! I know with generation easyJet the programme is meant to open up more opportunities for hopefuls to get a job with the company. The three routes, ie MPL, ATPL with MPL upgrade and tagged ATPL where touted as being the only routes to land a job with the company if you meet their standards, but after speaking to some folk apparently only route 1 will "guarantee" you a job with the company. Can anyone shed some light on this?

m585
10th Nov 2016, 21:54
That's right - route 1 is the only one where it's a 100% absolute guarantee easyJet will employ you (assuming you don't fail out of it of course).

Route 2 is a funny one...if I get offered route 2, while obviously I'll do my best for the upgrade I will mentally prepare for the fact I may well end up in route 3 and approach it on that basis.

Having said all that I wouldn't turn my nose up at route 3 anyway - the proportion of people from route 3 who do end up getting in with easyJet at the end is very very high.

DCon
11th Nov 2016, 09:27
Has anyone completed the online assessment prior to Phase 3 (non-technical day)?

If so, what does the online assessment include?

Cheers!

Officer Kite
11th Nov 2016, 10:29
Is this for CTC or OAA?

I wasn't given any online assessment for phase 3 at OAA

Helski
11th Nov 2016, 10:42
For CTC it's just a personality questionnaire. Nothing to revise, just give honest answers.

DCon
11th Nov 2016, 12:23
Thanks Helski. Yeah Office Kite, its for CTC.

m585
11th Nov 2016, 14:47
Just got my phase 3 result from CTC, I'm being offered route 3, happy enough with that considering I found both assessment days fairly difficult :) Also relieved to have a result after so long lol.

shivfox
11th Nov 2016, 14:51
I just got mine to and have been given the MPL! So happy haha

EZY_FR
11th Nov 2016, 15:06
Will you take that up m585?

m585
11th Nov 2016, 15:11
It's going to be a long weekend of thinking about it to be honest...

Iselbewohner
11th Nov 2016, 16:03
Anyone else got his or her feedback by now? I´m still waiting patiently, more or less :-D

Helski
11th Nov 2016, 16:49
Had mine through also, was offered route 2. Very happy, I will almost certainly take up the offer and work as hard as I can for the upgrade.

Iselbewohner
11th Nov 2016, 17:00
Is anyone still waiting like me?

EZY_FR
11th Nov 2016, 17:04
Helski, if you didn't get the upgrade, will you continue on with route 3?

Officer Kite
11th Nov 2016, 19:15
Congratulations to all who have been successful in some way, however I think you should be very careful unless offered the MPL. You are taking a huge risk

EZY_FR
11th Nov 2016, 20:07
Unfortunately you're right, that's why I'm treating the email I got on Monday with a pinch of salt. Route 3 is a very risky venture and i will need a lot of convincing in order to go ahead with it.

Officer Kite
11th Nov 2016, 22:09
Were you offered route 3 EZY_FR? I was under the impression you got the MPL

EZY_FR
12th Nov 2016, 04:31
Haven't been given a route yet, won't be given one until some point next month.

Jaime_astur
12th Nov 2016, 10:21
Good morning,

First of all, congratulations to selected people.

I think that if you really want to become a pilot, three routes are good. The third that apparently is the worst give you the posibility to finish with an ATPL license plus A320 rating, valid for all companies.

At this moment I'm waiting to book my interview at Dibden Manor, but unfortunately at this moment no spaces are available.

Regarding the training starting dates, CTC told me by email that at the moment easyJet has start dates with them every month until around March 2017.

EZY_FR
12th Nov 2016, 10:21
Same here, I got my feedback from symbiotics but no hint about how well I did comparatively. Wait and see I guess!

Also what do people know about start dates? I was told they wanted to get the first wave started in March, which to me seems hardly anytime to sort all of the admin etc
Course start dates will take place between March and August.

Officer Kite
12th Nov 2016, 11:48
I think when ctc start their last course around march, oaa start their guys then until summer.

I'm disappointed to hear you don't get told what route you've been given for a month. More so because i initially thought that after phase 2, if you were told you had passed that then by "successful", the assumption on my part was certainly successful for route 1. And that if you weren't then you would be told you were successful for route 2 or 3, allowing you to decide if you are happy to continue to interview even if your phase 2 results don't allow you to do route 1.

So now I could have gotten aptitude grades that only allow route 2 or 3 but trying to interview for a route 1.Not a good mindset to be in !

Thank you all for the info

Officer Kite
12th Nov 2016, 12:01
Good morning,

I think that if you really want to become a pilot, three routes are good. The third that apparently is the worst give you the posibility to finish with an ATPL license plus A320 rating, valid for all companies.

The 3rd route is the standard fatpl route, there is nothing extra to it at all. You don't get an A320 TR with it either. When you graduate you will be put in the OAA hold pool and sent to interview with whoever whenever options become available. It could be on any aircraft. And it will cost you more also if you join easyjet that way, a lot more in fact.

The route 1 option with TR and everything included (mpl), is £100,500.

If you go "route 3" (i use quotations cos i think this is a bit of a con, it's the self sponsored oaa fatpl course, why "route 3"? :/ gives false ideas to those who are new to the game) you must graduate alone, then if lucky spend £38,000 for that same 320 TR.

So £87,500 + £38,000 and that's if you're lucky. EasyJet are notoriously fussy about what graduates they take.

Iselbewohner
12th Nov 2016, 14:10
Is there anybody still waiting for his or her stage 3 results from CTC? Because all the guys from my assessment with whom I´m still in contact have their results, but I´m still waiting, absolutely patiently of course :rolleyes:

andy148
12th Nov 2016, 15:48
Anyone on here going to stage 2 at OAA?

Ive read the forum and, what OAA have sent out. Could anyone narrow down on what part of physics you need to brush up on prior to the assessment, quite a lot to study, but manageable if you can direct your time accordingly.

Thanks.

EZY_FR
12th Nov 2016, 15:48
The impression I got was that, since easyJet have effectively preselected you, they check in with you at various stages along the way, each time they do that you have the opportunity to be "picked up" by the company and given a job offer. There won't be any interviews, it's more like grabbing a coffee with the chief pilot because if you're offered route 3, you've met easyJet standard already

m585
12th Nov 2016, 17:08
All this is what I'm going to be trying hard to extract information from CTC about over the next week before I make my decision.

It's undoubtedly a riskier route, but I'm not sure I quite agree with Officer Kite that it's essentially whitetail with a brand name stuck on it. Going through the selection having had easyJet involved does as EZY_FR said seem to count for something.

In the CTC info guide booklet, it suggests that after ground school there is the opportunity for an 'easyJet placement offer' at that point. That in my mind is the main 'extra' over the 'standard fatpl route'. What I really want to get to the bottom of is the proportion of route 3 cadets who get that placement at that point and what actually leads to it. Is it good ground school performance and a chat? Or is it total full on interviews and re-selection?

EZY_FR
12th Nov 2016, 18:17
Do let us know what you find out m585, and if we can help with your decision in any way, we'll do our best :).

doz111
12th Nov 2016, 21:13
Not sure when these "routes" started appearing as it was just MPL or ATPL white tail prevously. It's certainly risky paying out money or starting a course without being clear as to the route you're taking.

The flying schedule is quite different between the two so the end of ground school is the last point at which you could switch.

Strong suspicion it is a tactic by CTC to enrol more people on a whitetail ATPL course, with a very loose promise (that won't be in writing) that you could transfer to an MPL only if there are a few extra spaces at the exact time you finish ground school. Avoid.

FL711
12th Nov 2016, 21:27
EZY_FR congratulations! Didn't I tell you that we'll meet again;). Fingers crossed, I hope the ohers made it too. What I heard from EZY HR is that MPL route is a joint decision between oxford and easyjet and one of the primary criteria is your academic qualifications. I'm gonna a try to speak to Lydia (ezy lady gave the presentation) next week and try to get a better understanding.

ManUtd1999
12th Nov 2016, 23:16
It's certainly risky paying out money or starting a course without being clear as to the route you're taking.

Given the sums of money involved I strongly advise everyone to be clear and have confirmation in writing of what they're signing up to before accepting a place on the course. The advertising and explanation of these schemes (online at least) is vague at best.

m585
12th Nov 2016, 23:26
I'd be very surprised if academic qualifications are a defining factor in who gets what routes since I have a masters degree and have been offered route 3. It's more likely to be how you have been ranked against others in the selection process.

doz111...what you're describing is route 2 which is different to what myself, Officer Kite and EZY_FR are referring to.

With route 2 as you say there is this option to switch from ATPL to MPL after ground school.

With route 3 you know from the outset you are not getting the MPL, you are definitely doing the ATPL. It supposedly differs from ATPL whitetail in that you still have the 'opportunity' to receive a confirmed offer from easyjet at the end of ground school, which white tail candidates would not have. It's the likelihood of that opportunity that is crucial to understanding how good or bad route 3 is, and is what I'm going to be giving CTC a grilling about on Monday lol.

Bq54
13th Nov 2016, 09:30
It would be interesting to see what ctc have to say re route 3. However in my opinion all three are a risk. Your a putting up your own money without a signed contract. So if easyJet's hiring postition is different in 2 years time you will be left in the same situation as some ME cadets a few years ago sitting in a hold pool with an mpl type rating and no contract. Don't get me wrong they are all great opportunities and I wouldn't turn my nose up at any route. But to say route 1 & to an extent, route 2 are risk free garunteed jobs is incorrect I feel.

doz111
13th Nov 2016, 10:00
Yes hopefully you can get some clarity on what exactly "opportunity" means.

Best of luck to all of you anyway. I'm ex MPL, now at EZY so if you've got questions on the course etc pm me and I'll try to help.

VariablePitchP
14th Nov 2016, 02:46
Be careful with regards route 3, I would advise you to consider it very carefully because as nice as 'easyJet route 3' might sound you are essentially just a normal whitetail cadet.

Think about it from easyJet's point of view, why would they not offer everyone route 3 who made it to them (already had a spot with OAA). It has no commitment whatsoever so they could literally offer it to 5000 people this year and it makes no odds to them, you still have to get selected at the end.

Give it to a rubbish candidate: just don't give me a spot when they graduate, or if they turn out to be better than thought give them a spot.

Give it to a better candidate: onus is still entirely on them to do well, if they do give them a space and if they don't then they can be politely removed from the mailing list in seconds.

I get the impression route 3 is just a clever agreement between OAA and easyJet to get people signed up to the whitetail course. The offer from easyJet, if you're any good, you'd get anyway so I really am failing to see what if any benefit you have over a whitetail cadet by doing route 3. By the same sense going normal whitetail is no worse off as you are in exactly the same situation i.e. hoping for a spot at easyJet.

alesss
14th Nov 2016, 10:13
Hi guys!

Anyone else is waiting for a date for phase 3 at Ctc?
I have been waiting for it for a month and a half now and I find always the same status "No spaces are currently available, please try again later."

Emanuuelejazz
14th Nov 2016, 12:25
Hi guys ... I have been offered Route 3 too by CTC and I'm waiting for their call to gather some more details. From the generation easyJet route guide it seem that EZY can pick you up at the end of theory but when I've asked at my interview they said they are going to offer you a place right after your CPL. Really confusing and conflicting information about this program.
I have to take a decision since I also have been offered a place at FTE in January... which is a great school too. A lot depends on when CTC offers me to start the course. I'm considering the fact that FTE is 2 months quicker ... and I'd like to start as soon as possible in order to try to stay in this positive period for pilot recruitment.
Really hard choice ...

DexterMorgan10
14th Nov 2016, 12:38
Hi everyone! Unfortunately I've also gotten the offer for the Integrated ATPL with EasyJet, the route 3, and now I'm in the horrible position to take a decision about it, whether accepting it or turning it down.

Today I rang the number I had in the email I got on Friday, but it's a CTC advisor, who knows probably less than me about the program. All the questions I have regarding the huge amount of information missing about this program, are still unasked. Does any of you have any better information or source of information? An Easyjet email or number to contact to ask more detailed and accurate information regarding the program? It's not a decision can be taken without proper guarantees, information and data. At least not for people with limited economic possibilities.

lgycjg1
14th Nov 2016, 12:42
I am in the same position and really beginning to worry that all the places will be gone. I'd be extremely annoyed having paid a lot of money for selection for them to not even offer an interview!
Really beginning to wish I'd applied through OAA as they at least seem able to organise interviews!

Eysenck
14th Nov 2016, 13:07
Congratulations to all those with offers!

Anything other than the MPL route sounds like a serious risk, especially for those who aren't self funding their training. Any figures relating to the number of route 2 & 3 cadets who score a placement upon completion would be really interesting to see. In fact, I'd argue that those figures are crucial for anyone considering taking a loan for either of the lesser routes.

m585
14th Nov 2016, 14:40
I really am failing to see what if any benefit you have over a whitetail cadet by doing route 3. By the same sense going normal whitetail is no worse off as you are in exactly the same situation i.e. hoping for a spot at easyJet.

Not sure how many more times I have to say it...the benefit of route 3 over white tail is the 'opportunity' to get an easyJet offer at the end of ground school. Whitetail cadets can't do that and will complete all training before they get near an airline.

I agree route 3 is risky and I myself am likely to decline it, but people keep on saying it has no benefit over whitetail, which is false. How much value you attribute to that benefit is personal opinion...

EZY_FR
14th Nov 2016, 17:21
Does anyone know how CTC is planning to split the ratio of MPL/ATPL candidates? I heard a while back that OAA was planning to take on 90 or so cadets from this intake, 60 of which will be on the MPL course.

lgycjg1
14th Nov 2016, 17:50
Hi guys!

Anyone else is waiting for a date for phase 3 at Ctc?
I have been waiting for it for a month and a half now and I find always the same status "No spaces are currently available, please try again later."

I'm in exactly the same position and have been waiting for over a month! I'm beginning to worry that all the places will be gone which will make me really quite miffed considering the amount of money we have paid for selection!
Really beginning to wish I had applied through OAA as they at least seem able to give people a date for interviews...

ManUtd1999
14th Nov 2016, 19:01
Not sure how many more times I have to say it...the benefit of route 3 over white tail is the 'opportunity' to get an easyJet offer at the end of ground school. Whitetail cadets can't do that and will complete all training before they get near an airline.

The big question is whether route 3 cadets are:

a) essentially "selected pending ground school"
b) the post- ground school selection is a clean slate

Option a) is a slight benefit over the standard whitetail route although it is still a risky propostion. Option b) makes little or no difference IMO. The majority of CTC cadets who do well in ground school will get a job with Easyjet or A.N. other. The risks (ie, not doing so well, global financial meltdown) are identical.

EZY_FR
15th Nov 2016, 09:32
I was told we wouldn't hear back for another month unfortunately :/.

Jaime_astur
15th Nov 2016, 10:40
How hard is waiting!!!

I have passed the first round but at this moment No spaces are currently available to book the phase 2...

Bq54
15th Nov 2016, 13:27
I have been waiting for just over a month as well for CTC. I believe that there won't be any more dates for this year. But not 100% sure on that.

Eysenck
16th Nov 2016, 08:15
When I called earlier this month, I was told there would be some more dates for Stage 2 in December.

EZY_FR
16th Nov 2016, 13:06
This is invaluable Officer Kite, thank you so much!

m585
16th Nov 2016, 20:03
Been hearing the same kind of things out of CTC today.

To quote their reply directly...

"On route 3 as long as you achieve the standard of training required for easyJet you will not be required to undertake any further interviews/selection process to be offered a position with EasyJet at the end of your training."

ManUtd1999
16th Nov 2016, 20:38
Useful info Officer Kite. Still not convinced by the route 1/2 though. If everyone who achieves the required ground school standard moves onto the MPL why bother with two separate routes?

Officer Kite
16th Nov 2016, 21:37
That is a reasonable query. My understanding is that the purpose is to judge your performance as to whether you are suitable to the MPL or whether they would feel you may be better off on the fatpl.

So they essentially gather the group they think will be best suited to the MPL (route 1), then those who they think may suit the MPL but they'd like to test in action to find out (route 2), then those who they feel are best off on the fatpl and most suited to that (route 3).

I could be wrong but this is how it appears to be based on what i've been told.

Maverick97
17th Nov 2016, 13:32
Is there anyone who was not successful at stage 3 taking up the opportunity to resit that stage in a few months time?

Jaime_astur
17th Nov 2016, 15:27
Good afternoon,

I have one question regarding time.

How long does it take to complete phase 2 of the selection process?

Thank you in advance!

lgycjg1
18th Nov 2016, 14:04
If your talking about CTC it took me about 2 hours.

antonioGr
19th Nov 2016, 03:37
with OAA stage 2 takes approximately 4 hours and as I ve seen they opened up 8 more dates for Stage 2 in December.

Freddie1234
19th Nov 2016, 12:36
Can anyone advise what topics i need to revise for the for day 1 at dibden manor ?:)

Atif.Ramzan
20th Nov 2016, 10:35
Hello, well I got a reply from CTC saying that day 1 will consist of a short mental maths test and an aptitude test.
I think the mental maths is basic but the aptitude test may be a challenge, but we do get a practice run for these.

Day 2 will consist of a group exercise and an interview with CTC.

BTW, I'm applying for the generation easyJet programme. I do understand there a risks, but its a risk that I am willing to take.

EZY_FR
20th Nov 2016, 21:18
I'd imagine that would include the cost of accommodation, but I'd double check with them just in case.

SeventhHeaven
20th Nov 2016, 22:44
You'd imagine that includes a lot of costs, and yet it usually doesn't!

Enquire about accommodation, fuel surcharges, landing/take-off/approach fees (away from home base), CAA application fees, etc etc

I don't have any experience with CTC/OAA/etc, but a lot of these expensive integrated schools are NOT all inclusive. That's just a fact. BE INFORMED

Jaime_astur
21st Nov 2016, 07:52
Good morning!

I have another question regarding multitasking aptitude test. The level of examination in this area is medium or hard type?

VariablePitchP
21st Nov 2016, 08:43

The OAA/CTC/FTE courses include everything and to some extent or another performance protection. That's the one benefit of the fairly whacky price tags, you can pretty much forget about everything but the training as it is all taken care of for you.

Accommodation wise - £9,000 for OAA accommodation for c. 20 months is pretty reasonable in fairness. Check very carefully with regards the type rating accommodation, CTC don't include that for example and OAA may or may not as by that point you're not really training with the school but with easyJet, or at least thats a convenient excuse.

Officer Kite
21st Nov 2016, 09:03

Enquire about accommodation, fuel surcharges, landing/take-off/approach fees (away from home base), CAA application fees, etc etc

I don't have any experience with CTC/OAA/etc, but a lot of these expensive integrated schools are NOT all inclusive. That's just a fact. BE INFORMED

Whilst being informed is always good advice, integrated courses like the easyjet course etc have all landing and take off fees covered in the overall course cost.

Eysenck
21st Nov 2016, 09:43
FYI.. More dates at CTC just released for the Phase 2 first Selection Day

sara98
21st Nov 2016, 15:23
with OAA stage 2 takes approximately 4 hours and as I ve seen they opened up 8 more dates for Stage 2 in December.
How many tests are there at CAE (Stage 2)? And how long does each one of them last?

AliFly786
21st Nov 2016, 16:25
Hi,
Still waiting to book stage 3, been waiting for over a month.

AliFly786
21st Nov 2016, 16:34
Does anyone know what happens at stage 3 and 4 in detail?

Freddie1234
21st Nov 2016, 18:23
Thanks!
Can anyone advise whether we will be tested on verbal reasoning on the technical day
thanks

Officer Kite
21st Nov 2016, 18:33
Extremely easy and basic verbal reasoning test at OAA (not worth worrying about at all really). CTC have no such test.

FL711
22nd Nov 2016, 08:51
congratulations Pilot Samuel. May I ask which school have you been offered route 2 with?

Bq54
22nd Nov 2016, 10:12
Are the spaces nearly full in ctc, oaa or both?!

antonioGr
23rd Nov 2016, 04:13
I am not sure how accurate information about the spaces left is. With all the respect to the person who shared this info I believe that rumors like that should not put people off as OAA has 8 days open for bookings in Dec and thats only for Stage 2.
We dont really know how many batches there are gonna be. They said the first batch will start early March and the last mid-summer.
Competition is high that's true. Good luck to everyone!

twtiger
24th Nov 2016, 08:40
Anybody here had their Stage 3 on the 18th Nov at CTC?

Officer Kite
24th Nov 2016, 08:44
I totally agree. OAA as far as I'm aware are yet to assign x amount to route 1, y amount to route 2 etc etc. Indeed easyjet themselves are not 100% decided on how many individuals they want on each route, this was said to me quite recently directly from OAA.

Scaremongering, particularly of this nature, is not helpful as it can ruin people's confidence, and in some circumstances may even discourage people to follow through with what could well turn out to be a successful application.

We all have an equal chance, the time at which you applied has little baring is what's been said to me by OAA.

DelayReducer
24th Nov 2016, 09:17
To put things in to perspective some people who got offered the MPL in Summer have already started ground school.

Officer Kite
24th Nov 2016, 09:52
But I'm not sure this has a bearing on someone's chances of getting the MPL if they were to apply now. One such reason I believe this is because OAA for example only opened up for applications in September and nobody has yet to be assigned a particular route. CTC have their own scheme running independently of OAA and people starting on CTC already means very little to the prospects of those applying to OAA.

luda171
28th Nov 2016, 07:31
Hi guys, at stage 3 for oxford easyjet mpl, in contrast to ctc they don't give a breakdown of what happens where so wondering if anyone knows? I know it will be mpl theory first 6 months then single engine prop training i'm guessing in Arizona, then onto mpl training at oxford in a sim. If anyone could correct me on this that would be great.

Thanks

EZY_FR
28th Nov 2016, 13:39
This is what I understand about the course. Don't quote me on this as I could easily be wrong.

Phase 1 Ground School;

7 months in total, 7 subjects + 7 subjects

Phase 2 Core Flight Training;

90 hours in a Single Engine Aircraft in Arizona

Phase 3 Basic Sim Training;

90 hours in a CRJ Simulator

Phase 4 Intermediate/Advanced Training;

66 hours in an A320 Simulator

EZY_FR
30th Nov 2016, 08:18
Good luck to all those doing the OAA stage 3 assessment tomorrow and Friday!

F49
1st Dec 2016, 15:19
Does anyone know if/when CTC are putting up the dates for stage 3?

Thank you.

flyingintheclouds
1st Dec 2016, 16:36
Or any more stage 2 dates? They're always either too short notice or none at all!

lgycjg1
2nd Dec 2016, 08:50
Does anyone know if/when CTC are putting up the dates for stage 3?

Thank you.

I managed to book a stage 3 date last Wednesday for December 13th. It took me well over a month of checking fifty times a day to do it though.....

Bq54
2nd Dec 2016, 16:58
That must have been a cancellation as they said they don't put dates up on a Wednesday!

F49
4th Dec 2016, 15:20
Thank you and the best of luck, let us know how you get on.

EZY_FR
5th Dec 2016, 10:12
How did those at OAA selection last week get on?

Hoddington
5th Dec 2016, 12:22
Has anyone who attended the phase 3 selection day at CTC on the 17th/18th Nov heard anything back from CTC?

I was there on the 17th and was under the impression that we would hear within a few days if we had failed to meet the CTC standard, and if not that we could assume we had passed to the CTC whitetail standard. And that we would then hear in 10 days to 2 weeks whether we were onto an easyJet route or just going to be offered the whitetail route. They were quite clear that if we were offered the easyJet route it wouldn't be until late December or early January that we would know whether we were being offered route 1, 2 or 3, but 2 and a half weeks on I haven't heard anything yet and wondering if others have heard back already or not.

DCon
5th Dec 2016, 12:52
Hodders,

I spoke to the team on Friday and they were sending files across to easyJet that afternoon. I was told I'd hear back within 1-2 weeks.

HEJT2015
5th Dec 2016, 15:02
I too was on the 17th at CTC and have heard nothing yet.. but from what I've gathered the average wait is around 5 weeks until we hear anything about routes etc..

F49
5th Dec 2016, 18:44
Could anybody clear up a bit of confusion on my behalf, is route 1 the only guarantee of employment after successfully finishing the training, or is the MPL upgrade (route 2) guaranteed employment with eJ too?

Thank you

Hoddington
5th Dec 2016, 22:35
Thanks DCon and and HEJT2015.

F49 my understanding is that all 3 routes, subject to achieving an adequate mark/standard of training throughout, will lead straight into employment with easyJet, without any need for further selection. This is where the route 3, and route 2 if you don't get the MPL upgrade, are beneficial over a whitetail ATPL route.

EZY_FR
6th Dec 2016, 17:51
The three main routes all offer similar job prospects, but the main advantage that route 1 offers over the other routes is the job guarantee you will receive before you start training. You will receive a job offer with route 2 either once you've been upgraded to the mpl course after ground school, or once you meet the standards after the advanced flight training phase, which also happens to apply to route 3. You will only receive an offer through "route 4" (I'm highlighting this because this is effectively OAA's whitetail course) once you pass easyJet's selection process after training.
This is my understanding of how the process works, if any of this info is wrong then feel free to correct it.

F49
6th Dec 2016, 20:58
Thank you Hodders

DVastenburg
7th Dec 2016, 16:46
Does anybody know when they open up routes 1-3? can't find anything on their website.. cheerz

Brimbers
8th Dec 2016, 14:40
Congratulations Omies, I assume that is for CTC?

Has anyone who had an Oxford stage 3 in December heard back yet?

DCon
8th Dec 2016, 21:40
Congrats Omies! Good news here too.

Applied to CTC in September, had stage 3 in November.

EZY_FR
8th Dec 2016, 22:18
What routes have you been allocated guys? Well done guys, it's not the easiest of waits!

matt_wizz
11th Dec 2016, 14:56
Well done guys getting through.

I was told I passed stage 1 in October and am checking most days for assessment slots but they're constantly full! I expect they'll be like this until well after Xmas/NY.

How long have others waited to get a slot for Stage 2?

PFDriver
12th Dec 2016, 09:04
Guys, please help me out with a little something.

http://www.ctcaviation.com/courses/generation-easyjet-pilot-training-programme-route-4/

According to this page, is it just me or do you have to pay 10k£ before you even know you'll have a job with easyjet?

If it doesn't work out, then you paid 10k for an overpriced MCC/JOC with no MCC/JOC certificate in the end.

Is this it or am I missing something here?

Airone2977
12th Dec 2016, 09:05
Hi Guys !

Does any of you folks apply for the "EZY route 4 AQC" program thru CTC ?
CPL MEIR Holder, applied last week and waiting for an answer.

@PFDriver : no you do get a MCC/JOC certificate at the end unless you already have it !
It seems you do get a position upon completion of AQC training. The TR is actually cheaper than the "regular" road.
Good opportunity of you're looking for MCC/JOC; definitely better then RYR at this point.
FIY : Fees include full accommodation during AQC training

PFDriver
12th Dec 2016, 09:42
I already hold MCC and JOC, so from the "risk" point of view its not an interesting offer I'm afraid. About the type, I dont think 30k£ is cheap, at all...

Airone2977
12th Dec 2016, 09:50
It used to be 36k£
I said cheaper not cheap, hell yeah is expensive !
I do not have MCC/JOC so for me it worth the shot !!

Brimbers
13th Dec 2016, 15:09
Heads up guys who attended phase 3 two weeks ago ... negative emails were sent out yesterday evening ... all results should be out very soon ...
I don't think it was just negative emails sent out yesterday as I received an offer from easyjet yesterday although the route is still in question.

Jbaldwin95
13th Dec 2016, 16:22
Hi guys, I know I'm very late to the party but any tips on what to revise for stage to at Oxford? I have mine on the 16th (Dec)

Between online COMPASS tests and what Oxford outline in their information email I am really unsure about what areas to focus on like how many formulas to revise for the progressive physics/maths and whether it is worth practicing heavily on the COMPASS Spatial Awareness test?

Any help would be much appreciated guys and gals, I am really felling quite overwhelmed by the entire thing.

Jbaldwin95
14th Dec 2016, 12:01
Many thanks Officer Kite! The more I compare the COMPASS test I have purchased and what others have alluded to on this forum I get the impression it really is rather a waste of money.

I have spent a lot of time working on their spatial awareness test with Automatic direction finder and artifical horizon as well as their working memoery test- Speed/Alt/Heading/Radio but it doesn't really seem relevent.

Is it worth revising kinetic enerygy/acceleration/volatage to prepare for the physics test?

Once again, THANK YOU.

Airone2977
14th Dec 2016, 13:58
Got the mail, I've just been invited for the assessment day 1 with CTC route 4 EZY
Any advice would be welcome !!
cheers !

Brimbers
14th Dec 2016, 14:27
The Easyjet Oxford stage 2 is the ADAPT test, not the COMPASS. There really is no way to practice the aptitude tests other than to have a go on a joystick. PILAPT (CTC) was the only aptitude test I thought could easily be practiced with the likes of Skytest ect.

PFDriver
14th Dec 2016, 18:42
Got the mail, I've just been invited for the assessment day 1 with CTC route 4 EZY
Any advice would be welcome !!
cheers !
How long ago did you apply?

Brimbers
14th Dec 2016, 20:57
Apologies, I was under the impression it was a specific set of tests like ADAPT or PILAPT.

EZY_FR
15th Dec 2016, 06:07
Oxford dropped the COMPASS test pack a while back and replaced it with ADAPT, which is known to be slightly more difficult.

Airone2977
15th Dec 2016, 06:39
How long ago did you apply?
Less than a week ago, don't give up, they just started sending invitation.

Jbaldwin95
15th Dec 2016, 15:25
Anyone else seriously screw up their fixed wing 2 at stage 2 OAA and get through to stage 3?

During the waypoints I got completely lost and could not find the end point. was totally thrown by the sensitivity of the joystick that I missed my turn point.

Seriously disappointed with myself.