PDA

View Full Version : SEP/TMG Class Rating Training Flight Exemption

BEagle
23rd May 2013, 08:57
I'm pleased to announce that the CAA has now agreed to my recommendation and that a Regulation 14(4) Exemption (UK-E3600) has been raised, restoring the pre-EASA policy.

This means that, for example, an IMCR / IR(R) revalidation flight, an FI revalidation flight or an airline LPC may now count in lieu of the training flight requirement - as before.

The CAA will be publishing the Regulation 14(4) exemption as an ORS4 document shortly; however, the revised policy is already in effect until 8 May 2015. By which time EASA FCL.002 should have corrected the original error.

S-Works
23rd May 2013, 09:01
Can you get them to do a reg 14 for the seaplane rating now! The change has been agreed with EASA.

BEagle
23rd May 2013, 09:26
Can you get them to do a reg 14 for the seaplane rating now! The change has been agreed with EASA.

I have now made such a request. If you don't ask, you won't get - but they might say no.....:hmm:

BEagle
23rd May 2013, 14:20
Whereas the proposal for correcting the SEP/TMG revalidation training flight exemption had been discussed at the EASA FCL Implementation Forum and had received no objections, unfortunately this was not the case with the consolidated SEP(Land) / SEP(Sea) revalidation proposal.

Although I raised a proposal, we were told that the matter was already being looked at by FCL.002 and although a consolidated revalidation proposal will be forthcoming, the FCL-IF had no sight of it, hence were unable to support/object/amend/discuss it and hence we have no idea what will ultimately be proposed by EASA.

As a result, quite understandably the CAA do not wish to pre-empt the work of FCL.002 by issuing another Regulation 14(4) exemption.

S-Works
23rd May 2013, 14:23
Although I raised a proposal, we were told that the matter was already being looked at by FCL.002 and although a consolidated revalidation proposal will be forthcoming, the FCL-IF had no sight of it, hence were unable to support/object/amend/discus it and have no idea what will ultimately be proposed by EASA.

Yes, that was me that did that. The wording has been agreed and its been passed to FCl.002

I was just hoping we would have get reg 14 exemption in the interim.

justmaybe
23rd May 2013, 14:29
BE and BX - well done both. Credit where credit is due. A chink of commonsense starting to come through. I just hope it is not too little too late.