PDA

View Full Version : Pilot Apprentice - Jet 2

Pages : [1] 2 3

manxcat
2nd Feb 2013, 15:32
https://krb-sjobs.brassring.com/TGWebHost/jobdetails.aspx?SID=%5etJtAW_slp_rhc_aOsxJL5wj6q6ZWS2iutRoff mNrp48PpdrXoqu%2fb2BPpjInsWIwHZDZz24f&jobId=671834&type=search&JobReqLang=140&recordstart=1&JobSiteId=5476&JobSiteInfo=671834_5476&GQId=344

Jet2.com is delighted to announce the creation of three exciting opportunities for Pilot Apprentices to join our Team. Working in Flight Operations, the Apprentice Pilot programme will last 18 months and consist of a winter season and two summer seasons across our UK Bases.

During the summer season the Pilot Apprentice will be heavily involved in the preparation of pre-flight paperwork (Operational Flight Plans, NOTAM’s and Weather), supporting the Crewing and Rostering Teams and updating aircraft documentation. The winter season will see you based at Leeds Bradford International Airport where you will undertake a planned schedule geared towards giving you maximum exposure to the full range of Jet2.com business areas. This will include Finance, Human Resources, Jet2holidays and Engineering. In addition you will attend a range of management development modules.

At the end of the 18 month Apprenticeship Jet2.com will provide you with a fully bonded Type Rating. On completion of this you will enter the world of commercial aviation as a First Officer with Jet2.com.

Successful candidates will hold a UK Frozen ATPL and Medical as well as JOC, MCC and driving licence. You will have excellent verbal and written communication skills and experience of office IT systems. In addition we require you to be flexible as we may require you to be based from any of our UK bases.

In return, we offer an excellent salary and benefits package with fantastic opportunities for progression in a growing business. As well as being part of a vibrant company, our colleagues can also benefit from our Staff Travel Scheme.

This is a great opportunity to be part of an exciting forward thinking business - help us to send the North on Holiday with Jet2.com and Jet2holidays.

A fantastic opportunity. Good luck to all who apply. This is a great way to earn your first FO job whilst gaining invaluable knowledge and experience on the way.

ManUtd1999
3rd Feb 2013, 11:01
Sounds like a great opportunity for somebody. I think this is in response to a government scheme to increase apprenticeships, lets hope other airlines follow suit! Unfortunately if I've understood it correctly you need a fATPL to apply, which won't help anyone that is struggling to fund initial flight training. I wonder if they'll put a max hours requirement on it (other than the 1500 defined by frozen ATPL), or if they'd be happy for instructors, low-hour turboprop pilots etc to apply.

typhoonboy
3rd Feb 2013, 16:04
Sounds like an absolutely fantastic opportunity, does anyone have any idea when the closing date is?

Wesker
3rd Feb 2013, 16:43
Sounds good. Though one season might have been enough.

Any ideas about the salary? Will Jet2 pay for license and medical during those 18 months? :confused: What are the conditions of the bond?

EMB-145LR
3rd Feb 2013, 17:36
It says a lot for todays 'wannabes' that this represents supposedly a 'great opportunity'. It is not a great opportunity, it's a very poor opportunity. The only plus is that you don't have to pay for a type rating. The more bright eyed wannabes keep accepting these deals, the more you are hurting yourselves and your future careers.

If you have a CPL/IR, you are a qualified pilot. You have already demonstrated your ability to fly, you should not be required to be an apprentice for 18 months whilst losing currency and flying practice.

When I qualified (not that long ago, six years to be precise) we were just starting to see the dawn of this pay for training epidemic. I followed what would have been considered the traditional 'apprentice' route. I started off on a small twin turboprop flying 19 PAX. I then got my 'lucky break' and got offered a job on an Airbus if I paid for the rating. Like an idiot I did exactly that and two weeks after my base check, the airline went out of business. I consider myself very lucky to have found work on an ERJ-145 for a very big airline in my wife's home country.

You are pilots. You may be low houred, unemployed pilots, but you are qualified to fly commercial aircraft, the idea of making you work in an office for 18 months whilst losing your flying skills just shows how backwards this industry is becoming. Only a year ago you would have been able to go straight into this company as a fully fledged FO if you were one of the very lucky minority that got hired.

Mikehotel152
3rd Feb 2013, 19:55
I disagree. I think this is a good opportunity and a very sensible way for a young person with no other qualifications apart from a CPL/IR to get some working experience which would be of great benefit to a career as a pilot.

The notion that someone who completes zero to hero flight training is a 'pilot' who has merely not had the opportunity to demonstrate they can fly and deserves more than to be an apprentice is nonsense.

Far too many people hold CPL/IRs and think this entitles them to something. Rubbish. Most people of average intelligence can achieve that much. Have some humility. This Jet2 job is a far more 'honest' entry into the profession than wearing one stripe at OAA and then expecting a shiny jet job, turbo prop or Embraer job.

Geez. Pilots are such an arrogant bunch. So many of the people I meet on the flightdeck wouldn't be able to cope with the training for many lesser paid professions let alone hold down a real job.

Edited to apologise for aiming that rant at the previous poster. No offence intended.

manxcat
3rd Feb 2013, 20:08
You mention "the lucky break" and "very lucky minority" in your post. As you'll know in aviation, securing the first job is about timing, networking and (making your own) luck.

Just because you have a frozen ATPL it doesn't guarantee you any commercial flying job let alone an FO position with an airline. As you know there are far more pilots (not just low-houred wannabes) than jobs. The traditional route of instructing followed by air taxi, etc is as hard to break into or over-subscribed.

I receive a plethora of CVs daily from integrated pilots with 200 hours to experienced, type rated, operators with thousands of hours. I have peers that trained before, with and after me that are still looking for their first break and are employed outside of aviation.

I took the plunge and accepted a similar role to this and, after 12 months, now sit in the RHS of a fantastic airliner. Along the way I have acquired knowledge and experience a low-houred direct entrant wouldn't be exposed to. This has helped me (and my crew) in line flying.

A job like this is a great opportunity to break into the business. Jet 2 may offer their apprentices the opportunity to keep current in the sim or by using an FTO. They may also contribute to medical and IR renewals. I don't know as I don't work for them. Whatever is on offer the role is a pathway to an FO job.

If you pass this up in 18 months you could still be in a non-airline job wishing you'd applied. For three lucky (your words) individuals they will be starting in their chosen career as an airline pilot. They will have been prepared to try something other than self-fund to get a step on the ladder. Don't knock them for trying - there aren't many other avenues open.

cgwhitemonk11
3rd Feb 2013, 20:18
It is a difficult one really, I would label it as a decent opportunity and good alternative to paying for the rating, although 18 months does seem like alot a year would suffice surely. Having worked as a flight dispatcher I think getting that exposure is a good way to give future FO's the ground experience to actually appreciate the people you are going to spend your career alongside - cabin crew/gnd handlers/engineers.

However, the simple fact is that those hired last year didn't have to do this and I would guess you only start working off your bond once it has been 'paid' i.e it dosent include the 18 months you just spent on the ground.

In that context its a **** deal but still unfortunately probably the best thing to come along in awhile, clever stuff from Jet2 really

EMB-145LR
3rd Feb 2013, 21:39
Please don't get me wrong, I don't think that the experience gained in another area of aviation won't benefit the pilot. I worked in operations, HR and as cabin crew prior to starting my commercial training. That experience was invaluable. I just think that this represents another changing of the goal posts for wannabes. While I accept that the majority are in their 20s, often recent high school or university leavers, many new entrants are older, more experienced and for them this 18 month secondment is just a further delay in their ever diminishing careers.

This sort of thing works very well with cadet schemes such as those offered by West Atlantic. It gives a good foundation and basis to understand this industry. However, I would argue that it should come prior or during flight training, not at that vital time when you have just finished and your new skill set diminishes very quickly.

no sponsor
4th Feb 2013, 06:49
Read the small print of your contract very carefully. Of course, that is if there is any written contract. If this is all word of mouth and a 'gentlemans' agreement, then they have a history of changing their minds when it suits them.

Contact Approach
4th Feb 2013, 09:09
Wasn't this tarted as part of a government scheme to help those finance pilot training? With the requirements set at f-atpl: what's the point?

Lord Spandex Masher
4th Feb 2013, 09:16
Would you rather be employed, with massive debts, while you wait for a flying job or would you rather be unemployed while you wait?

Contact Approach
4th Feb 2013, 09:21
There is no point if one cannot fund the CPL/IR in the first place.

Lord Spandex Masher
4th Feb 2013, 09:22
Sorry CA, not directed at you but a general question and you do have a point.

Contact Approach
4th Feb 2013, 09:23
BBC News - Apprenticeships scheme to train pilots and lawyers (http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-18535397)

Contact Approach
4th Feb 2013, 09:32
Basically, you pay 100k to start an 18 month apprenticeship in a completely different discipline, on an 'apprenticeship' wage presumably. Government apprenticeship to help fund the looming shortage of pilots!? What utter utter tosh! This is a joke. Bring back the path up through FI/charter/cargo/regionals etc.

clunk1001
4th Feb 2013, 11:21
So Jet2 get money from the tax payer for their "Apprentice" pilot. This "Apprentice" must already be a fully qualified pilot. The apprenticeship will consist of no flying training or flying experience whatsoever. So after 18 months you are no more 'qualified' to start the type rating as you would be on day 1.

Don't get me wrong, 18 months in OPs will make you a better Pilot, providing you with an understanding of airline ops and more importantly an appreciation for the people in other roles and what they do. But you are NOT a "pilot Apprentice".

This is simply misleading the government into using tax payers money to pay for employees in administration roles, which in my opinion is immoral.

edit:
.....and I think the grants from the government are partly based on the age of your apprentice (older=less grant). So I woundn't be surprised if it's unofficially limited to those who will be under the age of 24 at the time of starting their Type Rating so that the company can get the grant money.....which is after all why the company is doing it under the governments "apprentice" label.

jez d
4th Feb 2013, 13:24
I don't believe this has anyting to do with the Government-backed Pilot Apprenticeship scheme announced last year. That is yet to come. As far as I'm aware, the Pilot Apprenticeship is still being worked on with the next announcement due end of March.

Contact Approach
4th Feb 2013, 13:34
Let's hope so then. Unusual for Jet2 to bring out a 'Pilot Apprentice' programme a month before supposedly starting the government backed scheme:

http://www.fairplane.org.uk/files/2012/11/FTN-Nov-2012.pdf

appfo09
4th Feb 2013, 13:34
I didn't quite understand this... Is this "pilot apprentice" for people that do not have ATPL Theory/CPL/IR MCC i.e a frozen ATPL ?

MCDU2
4th Feb 2013, 13:52
I don't know whatever happened to flight planners who were experienced at planning and pilots who flew the aircraft. This just seems a way to save money on employing the proper people to do the job right first time. If I was at Jet2 I would like to think that when I picked up the phone and called Ops that it would be answered by someone who was an expert at their job and not someone pushing buttons who will more than likely tell me "but that is what the computer is telling me".

Narrow Runway
4th Feb 2013, 16:03
From the outside, but as a pilot of 13 years and a current Captain:

This seems fair enough to me.

If you've got a FATPL, can't find a job, are in debt and prepared to wait.

It reminds me of the Air Atlantique "FUGLY" sponsorship deal slightly.

Stop moaning, go learn the ropes and enjoy your B737 course in 18 months.

But, then again, I guess 18 months is too long to wait for our 200 hour heroes of today. They'd rather pay today, get shafted tomorrow.:ugh::ugh::ugh:

Contact Approach
4th Feb 2013, 16:20
NR,

I have no real issue with the concept; but it's not an apprenticeship if you're already qualified, and have spent fortunes to be in that position.
Air Atlantique actually sponsored you through your CPL/IR - and still do!

Narrow Runway
4th Feb 2013, 19:13
Contact Approach,

Why would you be qualified to be an airline Ops professional, or go through the management training that Jet2 are offering on the basis of holding a FATPL?

You may hold the very basic legal requirement to seek employment as a First Officer, but most FATPL holders wouldn't know how to work a shift in Ops or another airline department.

I see this as a good opportunity to get a good reputation early on in a career and then be paid to fly an aeroplane - all this in an economy and business that has tanked.

Contact Approach
4th Feb 2013, 22:50
NR,

You wouldn't be qualified, and that is my point. It is not an apprenticeship if you need already be qualified. I can't apply for this because I haven't got the professional qualifications necessary to apply (f-atpl), and there is no scheme in place to enable me to access funding to gain such qualifications:

Apprenticeship is a system of training a new generation of practitioners of a structured competency based set of skills. Apprenticeships ranged from craft occupations or trades to those seeking a professional license to practice in a regulated profession. Apprentices (or in early modern usage "prentices") or protégés build their careers from apprenticeships. Most of their training is done while working for an employer who helps the apprentices learn their trade or profession, in exchange for their continuing labor for an agreed period after they have achieved measurable competencies. For more advanced apprenticeships, theoretical education was also involved, with jobs and farming over a period of 4–6 years.

Apprenticeship - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Apprenticeship)

How is this a Pilot apprenticeship if the Pilot-training bit has already been achieved prior, and as such the very skills/training the apprenticeship offers has little to do with the profession it so states?

If it is a Pilot apprenticeship then the requirements should stand at academics, aptitude and motivation, surely?
The day-to-day work may still be the same - ops/planning/admin etc - with flight training incorporated; the goal being a route into the RHS after X months/years. Hence, a Pilot Apprenticeship.

I ask again: what is the point?

RWY AHEAD
5th Feb 2013, 00:57
The "pilot apprentice" position at Jet2 is not new and isn't associated with the government apprentice scheme.

Personally I think paid work in airline ops and a free type rating and job out of it is far better than being unemployed and paying for your own TR in hope of something coming along. :ok:

Good luck to those that apply.

Piloto2011
5th Feb 2013, 04:42
First off, the ticket to commercial flying does not cost £100k. I repeat does not. If IR and MCC bit held back I claim it can be done for about £20-25k, £15k for IR and £2k for MCC. At least four years ago when I went through the process. MCC can be bypassed if 500 hours done with air taxi people. CAA will issue you with MCC thereupon.

The Jet2 Apprentice Scheme is worth considering for everyone with no light in sight. For everyone else it's not.

Everything a pilot really needs to know is, well, surprise, surprise, occurring in the air. Please don't tell me you'll have to work 18 month alongside groundcrew to understand their responsibilities. I value and honor their work but sorry I, as a pilot, need to fly as much as possible to become a safe operator.

In my book, this scheme is a brilliant idea to find highly motivated, at best intelligent to boot, people, to fill the positions of dispatcher, etc. No more, no less.

Best thing to do is, still, get ticket cheaply and hold cash back for first few years until your career has become self-sustained.

Then keep your logbook rolling, learn, and wait for your opportunity with Jet2 to arise: as direct entry pilot.

This career requires a huge deal of what many of today's generation no longer seem to possess: patience.

Groundloop
5th Feb 2013, 07:58
but it's not an apprenticeship if you're already qualified,

But you are not "qualified" yet to fly a 737 if you do not hold the type-rating!

To those others who are saying "I am a pilot - I do not need to work on the ground" - get a life - and some humility! This is a chance to eventually get a flying job with a major airline - WITH A FREE TYPE-RATING!!! Very few of these exist in Europe today.

The Jet2 Apprentice Scheme is worth considering for everyone with no light in sight. For everyone else it's not.

To rephrase on my previous comment - how mant fATPL holders have this magic "light in sight" these days?

In my book, this scheme is a brilliant idea to find highly motivated, at best intelligent to boot, people, to fill the positions of dispatcher, etc. No more, no less.

So a free type-rating at the end is not worth the wait then?:ugh:

PURPLE PITOT
5th Feb 2013, 08:56
As somebody already pointed out, read the contract VERY carefully before you sign it!

Piloto2011
5th Feb 2013, 09:08
GL,

Chillax.

There's a whole bunch of guys out there already flying, i.e. FIs, taxi, tugging, etc. In my book they're already flying and waiting for next door to open. Yes, it might be a free 73 rating but before grounding themselves for 18 months in the current climate and giving up their flying jobs, pay or no pay, I'm sure most will think veeeery hard.

Who says that Jet2 will be true to their word? From what I hear and read about the airline it must be a great place to be so I'm sure they most likely will. However, I'd be giving up control of my own fate and I don't like it. Fall out with a coworker and two weeks before completion of the program you're told nay, not you. Sorry, carrot springs to mind... It's happened before. The biz is throat-cutting.

As much as I myself would love to join this airline I am not prepared to ground myself for 18 months.

People like CTC grads, who I understand are drowning at the hundreds in the chilly CTC pool at this point in time, will see this as a welcome opportunity to avoid Flexiscrew. And I don't blame them.

As far as I'm concerned, Jet2 have in the past, and I'd hope are going to in the future, hire the occasional TP guy or gal. And it's my understanding with that company that depending on your level of experience you will be also given a rating with a bond. No doubt about it it won't be easy to secure one of those places, as they will be few and far between.

I myself am employed already on a pretty sweet deal I find. It's not 73 yet but a lot of fun, good pay and great experience. Our guys fly close to max flight hours every year, why would I be grounding myself for 18 months?

And lastly, don't you worry about me, I have done my fair share of several years of hard, physical labor to never forget where my place is.

To correct one figure in my previous post though: indeed rates for flight training in the UK have gone up. Having redone the math I'd claim one can complete training towards the JAR CPL for £25k though, which would allow the holder to do VFR work, i.e. aerial photography, dropping jumpers, etc.

BAe 146-100
5th Feb 2013, 10:19
If the salary for the first 18 months is decent I can't see why this wouldn't be a good opportunity apart from not being in regular flying practice straight away. But it is dependent on salary, if your on an a apprentice like salary for 18 months it could be as little as 16-18K a year.

typhoonboy
5th Feb 2013, 10:48
16-18k a year is a lot more than 0k a year, especially with a saving of a 30k type rating at the end of it.

Contact Approach
5th Feb 2013, 11:15
GL,

You may not be qualified to fly the 737, but you are qualified to seek employment as a professional pilot.
I agree, it gives good exposure to the workings of the industry, but it should not require a f-atpl to apply - perhaps PPL and atpl's at the very most.

Libertine Winno
5th Feb 2013, 12:34
Perhaps instead of being called a 'pilot apprenticeship' it should instead be called something along the lines of 'jet airline pilot' apprentice...?!

Seems to more accurately reflect the fact that you need to already be a qualified pilot to apply, but this will teach you to pilot a jet airliner?

206Fan
5th Feb 2013, 13:04
For example, it is estimated that between now and 2030 European airlines will need to recruit 92,500 new pilots.Have to say I just laughed at that statement from the BBC!

HidekiTojo
5th Feb 2013, 13:45
Lets be honest, this is a load of rubbish. It is certainly not an apprenticeship in any way shape or form.

If you already have an fATPL then you do not need any of this 'experience of ops' blah blah thats what line training and captains are for - they teach you the ways, take the good leave the bad.

When was the last time you flew with a Captain who you thought was great, someone who made good decisions and looked after the crew? Had he or she had a 'pilot apprenticeship'?

Contact Approach
5th Feb 2013, 14:14
Granted the experience will be useful to some degree, if not just to gain exposure and a consideration for what goes on outside of the FD. But the requirements are completely absurd, and it is not an apprenticeship.
Why can't this be open to those who wish to gain a f-atpl and subsequently a position as an FO with Jet2?? Perhaps then, a 'pilot apprenticeship' would seem more fitting.
It should not be aimed at those already qualified; what is the point?

CA

Contact Approach
5th Feb 2013, 14:20
Nobody seems to be able to answer the question as to what the point is...

Piloto2011
5th Feb 2013, 14:36
Simples: my impression is from reading aviation job sites there's a constant shortage of competent ops staff, i.e. dispatcher. I frequently see ads with companies looking. I could imagine that job quite hectic at times but not necessarily well paid so hard to attract well-educated folk doing a promising, reliable job. So to fill that position with a kid holding a fATPL, desperate and willing enough to do just about anything while receiving only little pay, and not having to worry to recruit someone else for 18 month, only to give him/her an in-house rating at the end of it, which will be, let's face it, of little expense to the company, is a pretty smart move.

Anunaki
5th Feb 2013, 14:48
To be honest,I agree with Contact approach.Also, I find disheartening that someone who had to start from somewhere too,would call us "200hr heroes of today".
First,this is not an apprenticeship in any way.And 'CA',I think the point is written between the lines,they need people to cover ops jobs and whoever accepts this opportunity will be working to the bones,earning very little and doing whatever he/she is told to,because they don't want to miss the opportunity of a B737 type rating.How much does a fully qualified ops worker earn and how much does apprenticeships pays?And the people who comes up with this "fantastic" ideas are the hypocritical oldies who make up the rules as they go along,its a self full-filing prophecy.I am told that my 250hrs aren't good enough to join the likes of Easyjet for example,but yet,they hire MPL's who only touch an aircraft for the total of 85hrs,the remaining is simulator all the way,so apparently they are "better" prepared individuals...please don't tell me that this are management driven decisions as I am pretty sure the Captains of the industry were involved in this farce.Also,I wont Join BA as I didn't go to OAA even tho I have met many of their cadets who knew absolute nothing,they claim their training is the 'bees-kness'.And this Jet2 "opportunity" rules me out as I feel that I have been through this experience,I have a degree,work experience in the industry etc.,probably better suited for a youngster.
I see it as,they are moving the goalposts and because the country is in such a S:mad: situation,we just have to suck it up and accept it....!that's plain wrong!I wish good luck to everyone who applies tho.I have decided to leave the UK,as I am tired of being treated as second class citizen after working so hard to obtain my licences,the very few opportunities are going to the ones who have the ability to pay and not to the resilient ones.Funny that I will be flying in the most unlikely of places,Africa...200hr hero need to start form somewhere right?:E

Contact Approach
5th Feb 2013, 15:34
Anunaki,

Be careful what you wish for. The once trodden route of 200 hr troops has been hit by the sound of the Jungle's rhythm.

Narrow Runway
5th Feb 2013, 18:13
The way that some of you are carrying on makes it sound like this is a con act. It isn't. It is a foot on the bottom of the ladder.

The problem is that today, far too many FATPL holders expect instant gratification and a seat in a jet immediately.

Not everyone can have that. It is a fact of life - supply and demand. In this case, demand (from the 200 hour pilot) far outstrips the available supply (from the airlines). Therefore, schemes like this are out there.

The brutal facts are these: with a FATPL you are not qualified to fly a 737 until you've been trained. With a FATPL, you also are not qualified to work in ops.

So, you may have the bare minimum requirements to apply, but you are not qualified.

So, this is an ops apprenticeship that leads to a pilot job - perhaps it should be advertised thus?

Either way, in a hopeless market, I think this is a fair opportunity.

Contact Approach
5th Feb 2013, 18:46
NR,

I have at no point said that as a f-atpl holder you are the jet set.
All I am saying is it is unnecessary to be a f-atpl holder for an ops apprenticeship (which is what this really is), and if it were a pilot apprenticeship - as it claims to be - then the apprenticeship should do as the definition of an apprenticeship states:

An Apprentice:

1. One bound by legal agreement to work for another for a specific amount of time in return for instruction in a trade, art, or business.
2. One who is learning a trade or occupation, especially as a member of a labor union.
3. A beginner; a learner.

Anunaki
5th Feb 2013, 20:12
Narrow approach,I understand that,What I want it to point out is the fact that people with less than mine (f)ATPL and 250hrs are walking into the right hand seat of the likes of Easyjet's Airbuses as we speak,and thats acceptable,apparently they are ready...so why am I not?hence my comment regarding moving the goalposts.

Contact Approach,I hear what you say.Also,I don't feel like I deserve the instant gratification but you guys have to understand that one will do what its best for oneself.In my specific case,I have been unemployed for a while then back to cabin crew job,and now I have a chance to fly the ATR,so I will and I hope things get better back home in few years so I can come back with some experience under my belt.Not to drift further away from the topic,this is good for someone young and willing to do the office work,but I am sorry I also don't see it as an real apprenticeship but as an attempt to hire cheap office workers.
Also,like instructing,I think it is the sort of job that you need to enjoy doing it,something that you love.You'll always get the lad who cannot be bothered and it is only there because he was promised a Type rating,and that my compromise how the operation is ran I think,perhaps not the route to go.Don't know guys,just my humble opinion.
Good luck to anyone applying :ok:

TheBigD
5th Feb 2013, 23:01
Narrow approach,I understand that,What I want it to point out is the fact that people with less than mine (f)ATPL and 250hrs are walking into the right hand seat of the likes of Easyjet's Airbuses as we speak,and thats acceptable,apparently they are ready...so why am I not?hence my comment regarding moving the goalposts.

Let me rephrase your own question: How are the experienced guys with tons of time on type supposed to feel when you or a (f)ATPL/250 hour wonder walks into the right hand seat of the likes of Easyjet's Airbusus?

Anunaki
5th Feb 2013, 23:25
TheBigD,perhaps you could review some of my posts on this forum and I assure you should approach me with a different attitude.Answering your question,experienced guys shouldn't feel OK about it either,funny that is not the 250hr "wonders" who are taking those jobs anymore(search MPL).And for that ask some of those experienced fellas what they did and what sort of influence they had when the unions went along with that idea?
Also,you weren't born experienced!I only pointed out that I am willing to start from the bottom,and that's what I am about to do!We are way off topic now..

Narrow Runway
6th Feb 2013, 06:00
Anunaki,

Congratulations on your job on an ATR. I'm sure you'll do well. Don't put yourself down - you aren't starting anywhere near the bottom on an ATR. There are plenty of people who'd take it....

As or why is it now acceptable for MPL students to get the jobs you'd like? Well, it's always been the prerogative of the airlines to choose whichever candidates they like.

It just so happens that this is the current method. Next week it may not be.

It has always been thus.

Groundloop
6th Feb 2013, 07:49
This type of scheme has been around corporate aviation for a long time. I have known quite a few pilots over the years who started in ops for bizjet operators for a period of time before being given a type rating by the company. I don't remember seeing negative comments back then. Is it because this is on "big planes" that people think it is not acceptable?

propilot9
6th Feb 2013, 08:01
So is this scheme then only of interest to people already holding a fATPL or can people without any flight experience apply to this?

benish
6th Feb 2013, 09:32
I don't have a JOC at present but want to get one asap so I meet the requirements for this.

Can anyone recommend Virtual Flight Centre? £1800 for 12hour course on a 738. Seems like it will give me some great experience but is it too much. CRM offer a course for £700.

Narrow Runway
6th Feb 2013, 09:42
I have never known anyone to discriminate in the basis of where you did MCC or JOC.

I would do the cheapest one going.

benish
6th Feb 2013, 10:37
I doubt they would discriminate where it was done but would a 737 be more beneficial? If I were to land an interview I'm sure it would help?

FANS
6th Feb 2013, 12:24
Either way, this will be a very competitive and oversubscribed scheme which tells you all you need to know about embarking on training in today's environment.

Contact Approach
6th Feb 2013, 12:42
You're willing to fork out £1,800 to be eligible for a massively oversubscribed ops scheme. Madness. This Industry is in a right mess.

CA.

benish
6th Feb 2013, 13:26
CA, I don't see many other opportunities coming up anytime soon for us low hours lot and I can't afford to be flying hours upon hours each month to get my hours nearer 300/500. As previously stated, 'its a foot on the ladder' so why not go get a JOC, what harm will it do.

I've decided with the cheaper course by the way. £700 is what, 4/5 hours in the air? I'd say its more of a boost to the CV than 4 hours especially if I can meet the requirements to apply for Jet2.
I live only 5 mins away from Jet2 HQ so it really would be ideal for me.

Contact Approach
6th Feb 2013, 14:00
Benish, go do what you have to do. Why not consider a Flight Instructor rating?

EK4457
6th Feb 2013, 14:15
I would check with Jet2 about their JOC requirements.

I remember it WAS a min of 16 hours. It may or may not have changed....

TheBigD
6th Feb 2013, 14:26
Anunaki,
First off congrats on the ATR gig.
Second, you said you are willing to start from the bottom. Sorry man, an ATR gig is not starting from the bottom in this industry. And that is the fault I have with some of you guys with FATPL's - the entitlement feeling. You expect your first gig to be a shiny new jet with 250 hours TT. Starting from the bottom is flight instructing in 100 degree Arizona heat, towing banners, being a diver driver in some of the crappiest equipment out there, etc etc.. 250 hr TT FATPL and getting to fly a ATR is NOT starting from the bottom. With that said, congrats on the job and best of luck

_ShIfTy_
6th Feb 2013, 14:29
EK4457 that's correct, It's still 16 hours required for Jet2

Shifty

packo1848
6th Feb 2013, 14:42
then the apprenticeship should do as the definition of an apprenticeship states:

Quote:
An Apprentice:

1. One bound by legal agreement to work for another for a specific amount of time in return for instruction in a trade, art, or business.

The specific amount of time - 18months
The instruction - amongst other things, type rating on your 1st jet.

Personally I think its a great opportunity to eventually fly for a seemingly respectable company.

Contact Approach
6th Feb 2013, 17:10
If Pilot's were so sought after then why do companies not sponsor individuals through a proper apprenticeship? Does anyone never think if this?
Look at the apprenticeships offered by Airbus: Salary from day 1, all training and qualifications paid for by them (that's relative training, not training in another field), and finally a job.
Similarly NATS ATCO: salary from day 1, all training paid for, a job at the end on 50k+.
Then look at pilots: no salary, no training paid for, no job. :ugh:
Credit to Jet2 for at least coming up with something that pays a salary, even if you've had to spend a bloody fortune in the first place to get it.

Narrow Runway
6th Feb 2013, 17:10
And therein lies the point. Too many FATPL holders now consider it "normal" to go from a Seneca to a 737/320.

A job on an ATR now seems the bottom of the pile.

It shouldn't be, it should be celebrated as a bloody good result in these testing times.

And putting aside the semantics of whether this is an apprenticeship, or not, it still seems to me to be a good way of getting a fully funded type rating on a jet2 aircraft type in 18 months from commencement of employment.

It will give the "apprentice" access to skills that other pilots never learn and it will give them access to HQ senior people. That could prove invaluable in years to come..... I for one still think this sounds like an opportunity and not a trap.

Anunaki
6th Feb 2013, 17:22
TheBigD,again,making assumptions....let me break it down for you!
When I said "I'm willing to start from the bottom." I didn't refer to the ATR gig.I am Extremely happy with it,How lucky I was to land this gig and I DO understand that it isn't bottom.I can't wait to start and am Already in love with the plane,it will be a very positive experience and perhaps one day I will be ready for the big jets,I feel this is just right,as of right now.It could be a BE1900 or Seneca job,still would be grateful.
What I meant was that I have search for FI positions,towing,dropping parachute,etc,and bush flying(preferably)I was in Africa for 2 weeks and search for bush flying,spoke to a lot of people,made contacts, etc,and that's how the ATR thing showed up,Luck I guess,but I had to get out of my backside.I am no CTC/OAA kid waiting on their respective schools career's department to give them a call and say,"hey,Easy and Ryanair said yes".... so explain to me where my sense of entitlement is??

TheBigD
6th Feb 2013, 17:39
Anunaki
I'm just repeating what you said in your post.

I am willing to start from the bottom,and that's what I am about to do!

You were referring to your ATR job, were you not? The new job you are starting. The italicized is the sentence on which I based my comment on.

In any case, best of luck and congrats.

fra
6th Feb 2013, 17:42
As all of your already knows,
in the application process it's necessary to insert this information;
but not being uk citizen; how could i comply with this issue?

In the hope all of us be successfull with it;
Best regards

benish
6th Feb 2013, 19:18
CA, I'd love to go down the FI route but its another 4-5k on top.

Just don't have the money to do it or the time away from work to do it!

Anunaki
6th Feb 2013, 19:41
Perhaps I didn't express myself properly,but I meant taking my butt out of the sofa,make contacts,travel,visit flight training and job fairs,hand out CV's,leaving my comfort zone,my country,my language,my food,my missus in order to get some experience in a country where AK-47s are cheaper than bread.
If you feel that I have been spoilt in any manner that's your opinion,but I repudiate been put in the same pot as some guys I have seen who went to the easier route of Air Baltic,Lion Air,Citilink P2F etc..or simply were "awarded" the jobs in a platter through their schools.
I feel that I have done everything possible to get in the jobs ladder without having to put a knife on my fellow airman's backs!either way thank you

TheBigD
6th Feb 2013, 19:44
Anunaki,

In that case, I truly do commend you on the job and not falling into the P2F trap. Well done!

mitchell284
7th Feb 2013, 12:42
Hi ladies and Gents

Will the airlines be wanting a frozen ATPL or just a CPL? On the Jet 2 website it doesn't say anything about needing these. Also which other Airlines do you believe will take this opportunity? Ive been the Aircadets 5 years nearly and am hooked on flying, I'm now 18

Libertine Winno
7th Feb 2013, 14:46
Hi mitchell284

It says on the Jet2 website you will need a frozen ATPL, JOC, MCC and driving licence. Just a CPL will not be enough...

Contact Approach
7th Feb 2013, 16:21
Mitchell,

Can you not read? Successful candidates will hold a UK Frozen ATPL and Medical as well as JOC, MCC and driving licence.

Narrow Runway
7th Feb 2013, 21:04
I think you've begun to overstep the mark.

Your original posts started off in a well thought out manner and they've denigrated into plain rude.

You've made your point, we've said our piece.

Move on....

rankace
11th Feb 2013, 20:32
So after all the debating, how many of ye are not going to apply for this opportunity??? :rolleyes:

schweizer2
12th Feb 2013, 03:51
How long between application and e-mail did it take?

mitchell284
12th Feb 2013, 11:34
I did my online tests yesterday they went well. Has anyone got an idea how long it will take to get invited to interview?

esr
12th Feb 2013, 18:30
What kind of tests did you do? Was it timed?
Thanks

magicmick
12th Feb 2013, 19:21
Hi, I too was invited to take the online assessment which included some online multi choice tests. I got as far as the final test (VRT2 Main) which is supposed to contain 24 questions to be comleted in 18 minutes. On opening the test I get a white screen with the word 'Question' at the top and the words 'my answer' over to the right with no other details ie no question text or multi choice answers from which to choose. I tried the test on 2 different laptops (not macs) with the same result each time, anyone else get this problem?

I have emailed the person at Jet2 that sent me the online test link and also the people that produce the test to highlight the problem.

Obviously the fact that I cannot see the questions or possible answers makes it difficult for me to complete the test ever (much less within 18 minutes).

Hopefully it's a minor bug and it will get sorted out.

appfo09
12th Feb 2013, 19:42
I have the impression that Jet2 is trying to take nationals first although i have a UK licence.

schweizer2
12th Feb 2013, 20:39
@magicmick

Were you notified for the test via e-mail or phone?

plikee
12th Feb 2013, 21:12
@appfo09, why do you say that?

@schweizer2, I was contacted by e-mail

schweizer2
12th Feb 2013, 21:17
@plikee,

thanks although I am starting to feel left out :{

B737900er
12th Feb 2013, 22:26
So what if they are taking preference for nationals, every other EU company seems to be doing it one way or another by putting a language requirement.

dreamlinerguy
12th Feb 2013, 22:45
Why on earth do they specify on the aptitude email that you must complete it this week? How inconveient is that..... Working 7-7 till friday and away the weekend so will i be excluded id i do it on monday or tuesday???

Aptitude tests are a waste of time anyway!

I'll try get around to it and take a video of the whole test for your benifit chaps.

Adios

Lord Spandex Masher
12th Feb 2013, 23:41
Maybe doing it after work would show a smidgen of commitment. Or maybe don't go away at the weekend until you've done it.

Aptitude tests are not a waste of time if they mean you get a job.

magicmick
13th Feb 2013, 06:55
Hi schweizer, apologies for taking a while to answer your query, this is my first log into PPRuNe since posting my manks and moans last night.

I received an email last Sunday with a link to the website to carry out the test but it's not much good to me when the last bloody test doesn't work.

It seems that others have been able to complete the test so it must just be me, maybe I should change my user name to 'luckymick'.

Good luck with your application, hopefully I'll hear some response to my queries to Jet2 and the company that produce the test.

appfo09
13th Feb 2013, 07:14
Everybody who already received an email from Jet2 are you all UK nationals ?

magicmick
13th Feb 2013, 07:42
Hi appfo, last time I checked Somerset was still part of the UK though the Bridgwater Freedom Fighters are still pushing for independence!!!!!

Seriously, there will have been thousands of applications and while I understand your impatience there’s no way that they can send out all the emails at once as the online test system would crash under the demand. Perhaps they’re sending out emails in smaller batches and you will receive yours soon.

As my previous posts point out there seems to be a reliability issue with the online tests, one other person has PM’d me to say that they experienced a similar problem so maybe I won’t have to change my user name after all. So relax be patient let the ‘guinea pigs’ like yours truly go first to find all the faults then it will be fixed when you get the email.

Good luck.

mini-jumbo
13th Feb 2013, 10:26
@dreamlinerguy:

Having a deadline on an aptitude test is no different than having a deadline on an application, or an exam or anything else for that matter. I'm sure the recruiters in Jet2 didn't sit around the table and wonder how they could cause the most inconvenience to you.

Presumably as you are posting in this topic, you are interested in the scheme - however the attitude you display in that post speaks volumes. The world (and Jet2's recruitment) doesn't revolve around you. There will doubtlessly be hundreds of applications for very few positions, therefore it would probably be in your interest to make time to do the aptitude tests, and do them well, not just "get around to it".

Aptitude tests do have their uses, if only to weed out those who can't be bothered to jump through hoops. You'll have to jump through hoops your whole career in this industry, and virtually every flying job you apply for - in the airline world (which you presumably aspire to looking at your username) will have aptitude testing of some description as part of the selection process.

As a final note, you are presumably still quite young, and looking to get into this industry, I wish you the best of luck but the attitude you displayed in that post won't get you anywhere, and recruiters have been know to frequent these forums in the past.

plikee
13th Feb 2013, 16:24
Everybody who already received an email from Jet2 are you all UK nationals ?

No. I'm Portuguese but I'm currently working in the UK

Bloated Stomach
13th Feb 2013, 16:34
I applied yesterday evening and received an invite for aptitude assessment this afternoon.

That was quick and puts CAE Ryanair to shame :ugh:

benish
13th Feb 2013, 18:04
what JOC courses did you all do?! (for those that got an email)

appfo09
13th Feb 2013, 18:52
I have applied since 12 days ago and I have not received an email yet...

Maybe I am right they are looking to take UK nationals first...

Hope, I will get an answer from them soon because i don't want to miss this opportunity.

I've done my MCC/JOC with CRM !

Bloated Stomach
13th Feb 2013, 19:46
Maybe I am right they are looking to take UK nationals first...

I don't think this is the case but it always make sense to seek local applicants first and further afield there after.

fade to grey
13th Feb 2013, 19:48
Good luck to those applying.
I don't believe it's an apprenticeship as such, just a way if getting cheap labour for a bit in ops .
And to be honest you could learn all you need to know ops wise for flying in a 12 he shift seeing what they do, so I don't deem it essential at all.

we had a lot of wannabe pilots at aeu in the ops dept, and they knew if they put up with the ****e in there and appallingly bad atmosphere, they'd get their dream shot at being a pilot on the line.
In one case , being in ops didn't help, he still couldn't land a 757 months later..

spider_man
13th Feb 2013, 21:55
In one case , being in ops didn't help, he still couldn't land a 757 months later..

Tongue in cheek i hope, as I believe 'he' now flies a 777-300 for EK!

flying apprentice
14th Feb 2013, 02:21
Anybody done the online tests and got their feedback yet? How long did you have to wait to get your results?

Captain2b
14th Feb 2013, 11:23
This looks to me to be a fantastic opportunity to enter an airline as a f/atpl with at the very least a glimer of light in a very dark tunnel..... There are very few doors open at this time as everyone knows and i can only see this an extremley good offer given the times we are in....i wonder if the ops contract with Jet2 will have the type rating and potential FO job written in anywhere ?

magicmick
14th Feb 2013, 12:29
Appfo09 – Interesting comment regarding possible Jet2 preferences for UK nationals, I don’t know their recruitment policy but indirectly you might have a point. The assessment tests are written in English and are not simple, anyone who does not have English as a first language is at a definite disadvantage. Anyone who can pass those tests in any language other than their mother tongue is doing exceptionally well.

Lord Spandex Masher
14th Feb 2013, 12:46
What about ICAO level 6?!

appfo09
14th Feb 2013, 15:40
I don't know their recruitment policy either this was just my first thought and impression. I studied in UK so I am fluent in English and I also achieved ICAO Level 5.;)

Let's wait a bit more and see what happens.

Wish you all good luck !

G-GOLF
14th Feb 2013, 22:28
Hey all,

I got the invite to do the online tests, anyone mind sharing whether or not there was anything difficult or different from tests most of us have done in the past?

Will do it tomorrow after work, good luck to all!

fade to grey
15th Feb 2013, 14:45
Spider man,
Not that one !! the other one who doesn't work for EK . Cocky but useless.
Dreamlinerguy , might I suggest if your level of dedication is thus, the closest you'll get to a Dreamliner is sticking yourself to the revell model.

G-GOLF
15th Feb 2013, 18:21
Damn! Pretty sure I've screwed it up, only managed half of the maths stuff! Lot of faffing around with tables/charts. I wonder if 10 correct answers still be good. :ugh:

Anybody heard anything since taking the test?

magicmick
15th Feb 2013, 18:45
I never managed to complete all the maths questions either but there's nothing we can do about it now.

To all those that are looking for pointers or hints regarding the tests, without wishing to offend, this is a competitive process with those with the best results progressing to the next stage. The people that have already completed the tests did so with no outside help and it would be foolish of them to offer an unfair advantage to those that are competing against them. Just get in there complete the tests as well as you can and hope that you're successful.

Good luck.

sierralima
17th Feb 2013, 15:14
Hey Guys,

I was going to do the online test some time tonight or evening.

Was wondering if anyone who has done it could tell me how much time it takes to complete it?

Wondering whether to do it at an internet cafe, or when I get back home!!

Any thoughts would be appreciated!

Vone Rotate
17th Feb 2013, 16:37
Thinking about it, is it not too late anyway? It clearly stated by the end of the week which was Saturday... Everyone might not of had the same deadline I guess.

sierralima
17th Feb 2013, 17:06
Hi guys,

I just want a quick time frame? 1/2hr, 1hr, 1.5hrs?

Life is a bit hectic right now and I'm trying to just see whether to do it before I get home (which will be late) or now before I've got the train!

Obviously I can't stop the test half way through if it gets too close to my train time.

Cheers

Nas
17th Feb 2013, 22:09
1/2hr, 1hr, 1.5hrs :=

1/2hr, 1hr, 1 1/2hrs :ok:

appfo09
17th Feb 2013, 22:36
It seems that applications have closed.
I am still waiting for a reply from them !

sierralima
18th Feb 2013, 00:08
Hey,

Yeah I think they may have, doesn't seem to be there on Jet2 careers page any more.
Anyways, I did the psychometric profile first as it had most questions (250) and no time limit.

The numerical reasoning was pretty tough (time pressure). Mechanical reasoning was straight forward.

Good luck everyone

G-GOLF
18th Feb 2013, 00:20
Steerey, I wont be sharing the contents of the tests. To all those who have private messaged me, sorry guys, only three jobs going and plenty of tough competition out there!

Good luck though!

Captain2b
20th Feb 2013, 13:22
Has anyone had any results yet following the online test ?

JimLovell
21st Feb 2013, 22:15
I know a few have been contacted with a positive response and an invitation to Manchester. I don't know if they plan to give a response even in case of negative outcome. Truly hope so!

Vcten
25th Feb 2013, 15:10
Does any one know the closing date of this scheme? I cannot see any links from jet2's website!

G-GOLF
25th Feb 2013, 16:39
I think it might have closed at some point last week, although there was no date specified.

schweizer2
27th Feb 2013, 12:37
Just got an e-mail saying my application is a no go :(

Not even got an interview :ugh:

ValePilot
27th Feb 2013, 12:41
this is mine :
Dear Valerio,

Thank you for your application for the Pilot Apprentice position at Jet2.com. Unfortunately, on this occasion, we regret to inform you that we will not be progressing with your application.

We would like to take the opportunity to thank you for your interest in Jet2.com and wish you all the best for the future.

Kind Regards

The Jet2.com Recruitment Team

magicmick
27th Feb 2013, 13:33
Vale and Schweizer, sorry to hear that it was bad news for you both. I’m at work at the moment (non flying job) so I cannot check my personal emails, however I strongly suspect that a custard pie will be waiting in my inbox.

Commiserations to all those getting bad news and good luck to those that have got through.

G-GOLF
27th Feb 2013, 15:13
Sorry to hear the bad news! I'm expecting the same at this stage, I also heard of a guy getting an interview invite a few days ago.

Good luck to those who got through!

magicmick
27th Feb 2013, 16:08
Despite the cross eyed driving, I made it home safely and still no reply in the inbox or the junk box so the wait continues.

schweizer2
27th Feb 2013, 16:27
Albeit a very competitive market, I wish everyone the very best and hope the lucky ones who get selected grab this opportunity with both hands!

Shrimps
27th Feb 2013, 16:48
I've heard nothing either way - hope that is a good sign:bored:

appfo09
27th Feb 2013, 17:59
I've just got an answer from them today...not selected unfortunately !

flying apprentice
28th Feb 2013, 01:01
Has anyone else still not heard back with either good or bad news?

I've not been invited for any further assessment but also not had any communication saying I've not been successful.

I wouldn't be so worried if I didn't know that others have had their assessment already. With only 3 places available, i doubt there's any sort of holding pool..

I'm wondering if I should be contacting them to ask what's going on? Of those who have been unsuccessful was there any notes/messages left on your application page of the job website?

echo three
28th Feb 2013, 16:38
Interviews were undertaken on Monday and Wednesday this week. Jet2 have now seen everybody that they progressed to the interview phase of the selection process.

Axel.
28th Feb 2013, 17:45
I'm not being funny but that's a rather sweeping statement to jump in on this thread with no back up or source provided. I don't completely preclude the possibility that what you say may indeed be truthful, but without the credibility provided by any further information I'm sure that there are those of us here that will still remain optimistic.

echo three
28th Feb 2013, 18:00
This wouldn't be a rumour network if I shared my sources ;) .

The above is true though, I know a number of the interviewees who attended.

UAV689
28th Feb 2013, 18:30
Yep have not heard anything myself either since submitting the tests.

Another opportunity up the swanny...!

This time next year rodders...this time next year...!

Good luck to those that got through

flying apprentice
28th Feb 2013, 23:23
Just seems strange that some people got replies whilst others didn't. It doesn't look hopeful, but until I get a definite 'no' I'll live in hope.

I think I'll email them and ask what's happening, especially seeing that my application is still open on my profile on their recruitment website.

plikee
1st Mar 2013, 00:05
Indeed! If it really is like you say, they're lacking of professionalism. It isn't right to give some answer and others not :=

flying apprentice
1st Mar 2013, 07:36
I don't think it's a lack of professionalism.

Maybe it's a glitch in their recruitment system that they're not aware about.

Hopefully it's not the end of the road for those of us who've not heard back, but the signs aren't good.

Natstrackalpha
1st Mar 2013, 07:50
It looks like a good opportunity for a job.
========
The only wiggly bit is: Successful candidates will hold a UK Frozen ATPL and Medical as well as JOC, MCC

I mean, either one is preparing for management now, in which case being stuck on the ground in Ops is perhaps fine.

But should not prospective candidates with the above qualifications (which is akin to a degree) be wandering around flying an aeroplane somewhere in the world . . ? And, learning all about it from company groundschool and the Line training Captain.

"Well done, you have completed your ATPL - that`s your desk over there"

:mad:sake.

yes, wandering around trying to get interviews, having a coffee en passant in a million different places, enquiring to every airline in the world, knowledge of every airline directory <<fuse blows>> treating your first search for your job as a pilot, like a full blown military operation in the recce stage - this is your birthright or there is something seriously wrong with you, having got this far? <<foams at the mouth>>

I have said it before -( Cut the c:mad:p!!) There are loads of jobs worldwide - geddit? Global and if you cannot find it, that`s your fault not a global economic downturn or any mandy pandy excuses - so get out there and get flying, get onto ALL of the networking systems in place, find them on the printed websites section on here get a bagful of lose change and phone like its going out of fashion and then when you look down from the right seat of this or the left seat of that you will see people in white shirts walking into and out off their little offices and you can say to yourself <<ambulance called>> "that could have been me!" You have an ATPL - you are lucky, lucky to have such a licence which you acquired with much cost (to someone) and hardship - now take the ticket and go and get hired - the battle `aint over yet, not even a little bit. Lord!<<carted away on a stretcher>>

echo three
1st Mar 2013, 09:17
I could probably manage a marathon after that motivational speech.

Axel.
1st Mar 2013, 09:24
As 'flying apprentice' has already mentioned - the application is indeed still classified as open on the recruitment website.

I wonder if I could trouble any of those who have received a rejection email to find out if this is the case for their applications too?

schweizer2
1st Mar 2013, 09:27
Mine states that my application was unsuccessful.

I could be completely wrong but I have been hearing that some of those who have done the first assessment have been contacted about a 2nd round of testing.

Good luck to all who are still in the running. This may not be everyone's chosen path to go straight into a co-pilot seat but it would be quite interesting to learn about different ground prospects of an airline whilst making your way up to that co-pilot seat... especially without spending some more cash!

To all those who moan about this being a joke after having a fATPL, please send me the contract if you are successful, I shall gladly sign my name over and enjoy the 18 months as much as possible.

flying apprentice
1st Mar 2013, 10:00
lol, is it wishful thinking to think that our test results were so good that we got a bye to the next round ? :8

kworrall
1st Mar 2013, 10:44
I spoke to the recruitment team at jet2.com the other day and they stated that they will be letting everyone know within 48hrs. I am still waiting on the outcome. Keep your chins up guys and girls!

flying apprentice
1st Mar 2013, 11:10
Hoping the old adage, no news is good news applies in this case.

I suspect that means all being well, we'll know by the end of play today (Friday), as I doubt recruitment works weekends.

schweizer2
1st Mar 2013, 11:12
Out of curiosity, anyone NOT living in the UK got invited?

Northern Highflyer
1st Mar 2013, 15:19
I'm still waiting for a response.

flying_peanut
1st Mar 2013, 17:06
Still nothing heard on this. I have applied for jobs before and sometimes you just get an email in a couple of months saying the vacancy has been filled. I have noticed the Job Status date changing, which I think is when they process your application in some way on their systems. Unless they are arranging interviews in batches then it's not looking good for any of us. It's just nice to be able to apply for something that doesn't cost you anything other than your time. Good luck to everyone.

echo three
1st Mar 2013, 17:50
I wonder if it would be a good idea at interview to come across gay. then they might want you to help hit a minority quota. something im considering if i do get an interview.

And to think you edited your post and it still came out like that. Wow.

4Screwaircrew
1st Mar 2013, 18:40
Schweizer2, yes candidates from overseas were interviewed.

Clamchowder, we have gay pilots but they are not employed and were not interviewed because of their sexuality.

Recruitment said they had in excess of 1000 applicants for these positions, those interviewed were from both modular and integrated courses, some had been qualified for a number of years, at least one only finished in January. Those that were not called forward may find that their CV needs to be looked at or tweaked in order to stand out from the crowd, the market place is very crowded and all the schools are trying to push more newly qualified pilots into the system as fast as they can.

The suggestion is that this scheme will run again next year so if you are still looking at that point then give it another go, good luck to you all in your search for that first opportunity in this industry.

schweizer2
1st Mar 2013, 18:46
Thanks for the great reply.

Will definitely be tweaking the CV and will be keeping an eye out for when this programme open's again, assuming I wont have a job by then!

@clamchowder

You are talking about fooling trained professionals, they will sniff you out quicker then you can apologize! Gay pilots would be hired based on merit and not sexuality! Sexual orientation should not alter anyone's chances!

flying apprentice
1st Mar 2013, 21:22
Ok, I guess that's the official confirmation we needed. Better luck next year.

Is there a reason some of us didn't get a message saying we were unsuccessful ?

G-GOLF
5th Mar 2013, 15:27
It seems strange so many of us didn't get a response either way after taking the tests. Maybe we are in some sort of pool should they not find what they are looking for in the first round of interviews.. positive thinking haha

Nothing has changed on my application status.

flying apprentice
5th Mar 2013, 17:53
It is strange that we're left in limbo, especially seeing as even though I've emailed them I've yet to hear anything.

Anyone heard anything back from their further communications with recruitment? The 48 hours previously mentioned has passed.

V1ROTATEV2V3
5th Mar 2013, 19:11
Guys they had the interviews/assessments last week. They had a total of 16 candidates on Monday and another 16 on Wednesday. From each day 8 went through to a Sim check. Total of 16 people through for 9 positions now instead of 3 positions. Successful candidates are to know some time this week.

smith
7th Mar 2013, 19:17
What happens if they get offered another job with another airline half way through the "apprentishan they break the contract?

G-GOLF
20th Mar 2013, 13:07
If anyone is still waiting for an actual response from Jet2, I emailed them requesting an update. 24 hours later I received the email telling me I'd not been successful. I guess there was a glitch or something. On to the next one I guess...... :ugh:

Dispatch
20th Mar 2013, 13:34
I emailed Jet2 requesting an update on my application too. Week and a bit later received the same email as G-GOLF.

flying apprentice
20th Mar 2013, 14:48
Think there must've been a glitch in the system.

I too got the 'thanks but no thanks' today.

Hopefully next year.

B737900er
20th Mar 2013, 20:38
Two of the jobs went to good"ol OAA pilots.

Actually getting sick of the smaller people getting kicked to the bottom. Soon there will only be two flying schools in the UK. Ill give you a guess who they are :ok:

UAV689
20th Mar 2013, 20:45
Maybe they are just the best eh...

More likely robotic training system standard and that they are happy with the known output...

4Screwaircrew
20th Mar 2013, 22:30
If 2 posts went to OAA pilots then 7 went elsewhere :ok:

echo three
24th Mar 2013, 17:42
At least 4 of the 9 positions went to recent OAA graduates. (recent being graduated in the last 8 months).

Artie Fufkin
24th Mar 2013, 19:40
..... and?

PURPLE PITOT
24th Mar 2013, 20:29
5 went elsewhere!:D

G-GOLF
16th Nov 2013, 19:14
So this has reopened for applications again, good to see!

Anyone had a shot at the online tests yet? I got thrown out during the practice questions on numerical reasoning and according to the assessment section on my career portal '' all required tests have been completed ''

Awaiting a response from them so hopefully it's something that can be fixed. Just wondering if anyone else had a similar experience?

Good luck to all!

schweizer2
16th Nov 2013, 21:29
In regards to the 16 hour JOC requirement, does it include the hours completed during the MCC as well or simply the JOC side of things?

ie: MCC = 20 hours JOC = 3 hours bringing a total of 23 hours.

schweizer2
16th Nov 2013, 22:11
Whoops, getting late here, didn't see they said MCC as part of the requirements so I thought when they mentioned the JOC it included MCC.

P40Warhawk
17th Nov 2013, 10:32
A 16 hour JOC on FFS is quiet an expensive joke I would say. Another 6K - 10K.

Fanor
17th Nov 2013, 11:32
I have applied for this without the JOC, would it make a great deal of difference to them that I don't have? Would I be ruled out straight away?

Or would it depend on the candidates?

olicana
17th Nov 2013, 12:37
6 - 10k!! Where have you got those figures from??

At the risk of sounding rude, the advert clearly says you must have a JOC. Why have you ignored this and applied? You won't get looked at without one.

Jwscud
17th Nov 2013, 13:36
Out of interest, does anybody know why Jet2 insist on a JOC? I did my MCC in a 732 full motion sim, but never did a JOC. Amazingly, despite this awful lack in my training, I had no problem on a type rating.

I'm guessing it's just another method of weeding candidates out?

Groundloop
18th Nov 2013, 08:19
I know a couple of guys who got accepted on this the first time round (interviews, assessments passed and job offers sent out) However, when they returned the signed contracts they were then told the offers had been withdrawn because they did not live in the Leeds area. Apparently someone very senior in Jet2 had come in to the office, seen the details and said that he did not want the hassle of possible long distance commuters. Even assurances that they would find accommodation in the Leeds area did not help them.

It might not happen this time - but Yorkshire folk might have an advantage!

flying apprentice
18th Nov 2013, 10:55
I don't know the legal aspects of discriminating by geography, but I too heard that those not based locally aren't likely to get in.

I'll be putting my uncle's address in yorkshire on my application for any Jet2 application from now on.

jimmyjetplane
18th Nov 2013, 14:14
Hi guys,

Where is the link to this?!

Cheers and good luck everyone.

magicmick
18th Nov 2013, 14:33
Hi

I have just ompleted the VRT Example assessment, the system now states that I have completed all required assessments and wn't let me get access to the VRT Main, NRT Example or NRT Main assessments. Anyone else have this snag?

G-F0RC3
18th Nov 2013, 14:42
However, when they returned the signed contracts they were then told the offers had been withdrawn because they did not live in the Leeds area. Apparently someone very senior in Jet2 had come in to the office, seen the details and said that he did not want the hassle of possible long distance commuters. Even assurances that they would find accommodation in the Leeds area did not help them.

If true; that's utterly ridiculous. In what way is it a hassle for the senior manager if other people have to commute a long distance? And isn't it remarkably ironic that this would be a problem considering how flexible pilots are required to be these days to satisfy their operational duties? But if Jet2 want to limit the scope of their recruitment to a relatively small geographical area and miss all the other brilliant candidates from around the country in the process then that's their problem.

EK4457
18th Nov 2013, 15:08
For those doing the online tests; did you have a telephone interview first?

Fanor
18th Nov 2013, 15:46
I completed the online tests yesterday, got a telephone interview this morning. But be warned. They definitely need a joc. Didnt get it because I didn't have one. Be warned! Good luck to anyone applying

schweizer2
18th Nov 2013, 16:21
I completed the online tests yesterday, got a telephone interview this morning. But be warned. They definitely need a joc. Didnt get it because I didn't have one. Be warned! Good luck to anyone applying

Hi Fanor,

Any chance you know if they required 16 hours purely for JOC or if it was a minimum 16 hours MCC/JOC?

Thank you.

olicana
18th Nov 2013, 17:22
I feel a bit sorry for Jet2.

They put an advert out that says candidates must have completed a 16 hour JOC. Yet one person wastes their time by applying even though they don't have a JOC. Another asks on here if they will look at people who haven't completed a 16 hr JOC.

It's very simple, read the advert!

schweizer2
18th Nov 2013, 17:41
Wouldn't be the first time a typo happened on an advert.

sam92
18th Nov 2013, 18:01
The last time I did these tests they were unbelievably difficult and seem impassable!! Anybody have any tips on how to do well on them!?

drivez
18th Nov 2013, 20:22
Tests yesterday telephone interview today?! Jeez that sounds like a pretty quick process, also guess that counts me out! Wonder how they will consider low airline time (and no I'm not p2f!!), or if they are purely after 250 hour JOC completed.

Fanor
18th Nov 2013, 22:02
You can't blame a man for trying. Have to apply for anything and everything nowadays. Yeh.

Schweizer2:They require a standalone minimum 16 hour JOC.

Drivez:yeh it was pretty quick. When did you apply?

drivez
20th Nov 2013, 11:55
Friday evening Fanor and did the test on Saturday morning. Verbal reasoning was ok, didn't manage to do all the maths questions. They weren't that difficult, just time consuming calculations.

Interested to know what you have?

flyingmutant
20th Nov 2013, 19:45
Fanor - would you be willing to give a rough idea of what to expect in the telephone interview? It certainly doesn't sound like they give you much time to prepare if you pass the online tests.

thanks ;)

Fanor
21st Nov 2013, 23:22
@drivez: I have a frozen ATPL, 212 hours and no JOC, What about yourself?

@flyingmutant: No, They certainly do not. Just make sure you have done some research before hand about their fleet and where they fly to and from.
They asked me why I wanted to become a pilot apprentice, what could I bring to the team, what do I know about jet 2 and their fleet etc. Basic interview questions really.

G-GOLF
24th Nov 2013, 16:16
magicmick, the same happened to me during the numerical reasoning tests. Has anyone else with this problem contacted Jet2? I've not heard anything since emailing them and cannot find a number to call. Don't want to miss out because of a technical glitch!

magicmick
24th Nov 2013, 18:59
Hi G-Golf

Initially I sent an email to the kenexa address and heard nothing from them so after about a week I sent the same email to the jet2 recruitment email address and got an answer within 24hrs.

Earlier this year (Jan or Feb I think) I applied for the previous Pilot Apprentice position and sat the online assessments then, sadly I went no further in the application process. However the results from the online assessments that I sat back then are valid for 12 months so there is no need to resit them as it was less than 12 months ago so the original results are still valid.

I was hoping to have another attempt and get a better result but that's not the way it works, maybe the questions this time around are the same as last time though I don't remember any of them.

So the simple answer is if you sat the assessments lass than a year ago for the last apprentice recruitment campaign then your results will still stand for now.

Personally I feel that if my results last time were not good enough then I don't fancy my chances this time around either.

If you've never completed the online assessments before and you still can't access them then I recommend you contact [email protected].

Good luck.

G-GOLF
24th Nov 2013, 19:18
magicmick, thankyou! That explains it then. I too was hoping for another shot at the tests since I assume that's why I didn't get any further the last time. Well thanks for clearing that up for me, can only sit and wait with everything crossed again. Good luck!!

antes56
25th Nov 2013, 09:10
@magicmick where did you do the JOC?

In general, is enough the one at CRM?

magicmick
25th Nov 2013, 09:32
Not sure how much sim time the CRM course includes.

In the past Jet2 have only accepted any JOC which includes minimum 16hrs sim time, the current recruitment ad states that it needs to be a 16hrs JOC. I assume that by this they mean 16hrs sim time and not 16hrs total sim and classroom time. You might want to email the recruitment address to confirm this before committing to spending money and time on a course that might not be sufficient.

There are plenty of JOCs that include less than 16hrs sim but not a lot of that include 16hrs or more sim time, in the UK I think OAA has sufficient time and if you’ve got the CTC AQC course then they’ll accept that.

I notice that your location is Italy, I’m sorry but I have no idea about JOC courses in Italy. If you’re currently in Italy then I’m confident that you can find somewhere close to home that will have a 16hr sim JOC without having to come to UK.

P40Warhawk
25th Nov 2013, 15:03
Well 16 hours FFS is some extremely expensive joke. Just to learn to deal with Tuck Under, Dutch Roll and few other things.

Does MCC count also in that 16 hours?Then after that a 4 hours JOC should be sufficient. I guess. Anyone?

olicana
25th Nov 2013, 22:30
How many more times does it have to be said. Jet2 are quite clear in their advert,they want a JOC that included 16 hours in a sim. That not a combination of hours from mcc, I.R. or some hours you inherited from your granny.

EK4457
27th Nov 2013, 11:06
Hi all,

I've heard stories of online assessments and telephone interviews but that's about it.

Has anyone actually been invited to an assessment day yet?

ben4395
27th Nov 2013, 13:52
Applied last Thursday, phone interview on Friday and haven't heard anything since!

I guess that seeing as PilotNC applied after and got called quicker back I won't be invited for an assessment, shame!

piggydog
27th Nov 2013, 14:37
Ah well I guess that's me out then, applied the day it opened and heard nothing since, and I've got 300 hours jet time! :sad:

piggydog
27th Nov 2013, 16:54
So PilotNC's post about being invited to selection has been quickly deleted..... could this mean there's still hope out there??

syfly
28th Nov 2013, 09:40
hi all,

just wondering if the salaries posted at ppjn is before tax or after tax?

Jet2.com pilot jobs, payscales and entry requirements. (http://www.ppjn.com/Jet2.com-pilot-jobs)

mini-jumbo
28th Nov 2013, 11:06
Before tax

EK4457
28th Nov 2013, 11:14
Apart from PilotNC removing his claim, there seems to be nobody who has been invited to assessment?

My understanding is that there are going to be 2 assessment days in early Dec.

It seems a little strange that no invites have been sent out with December just a couple of working days away.....

schweizer2
28th Nov 2013, 14:02
I have been told that they were looking to have people start in January '14, seems strange that no one has been invited to any assessment yet.

appfo09
1st Dec 2013, 08:58
Jet2 assessments were not fair in my opinion especially for non-native people.
I hope i will get a call from them in the next couple of days !!!

schweizer2
1st Dec 2013, 10:15
Are you implying that you have had an assessment in either Leeds or Manchester?

JM926
1st Dec 2013, 14:38
I have an assessment in Leeds on Tuesday. Not sure if there is more than one assessment day or how many are going to assessment.

PilotNC
1st Dec 2013, 20:04
Hey JM926, I'm at the assessment on Tuesday too. See you there : )

aussiesteve
5th Dec 2013, 21:14
Just out of interest,

How many of those who have been invited for assessment do NOT live in the North UK?

PilotNC
6th Dec 2013, 09:12
There was 2 guys there from Republic of Ireland and one from Northern Ireland so it wasn't just local people.

Daedalus737
14th Dec 2013, 08:27
I am from Germany, applied through Zenon. I was notified that Jet2 does not consider me.

JB007
14th Dec 2013, 14:11
I don't think I met a "Sorcerer's Apprentice" in the summer who was anywhere close to home or from LS19 area!

Location has nowt to do with it!

JM926
22nd Dec 2013, 22:20
I know 3 guys who got the same email.

Something to be positive about I think! :)

u122550
24th Dec 2013, 15:08
they will take 6 every 3 months!

jimmyjetplane
3rd Jan 2014, 12:53
Are the selection tests online for this position and is any age limit specified? Just that the term 'apprentice' was always associated with someone of 'school leaver' age?

Good luck to all who apply.

4Screwaircrew
3rd Jan 2014, 17:42
Candidates in their forties have been interviewed, so age has not been a bar to entry into the scheme.

take-off power
5th Jan 2014, 20:12
Hello,

Does anyone happen to know what to expect during simulator assessment as Type rated B737 FO ?

G-GOLF
9th Jan 2014, 14:07
For those still waiting for any sort of update since taking the tests:

"Thank you for your application for the Pilot Apprentice position. The advertised vacancy has now been filled and will shortly be removed from our website. Please do keep checking our careers site for any new opportunities which could be of interest."

As expected, on to the next one...

ValePilot
9th Jan 2014, 14:19
Same email...and now?:ugh:

antes56
9th Jan 2014, 16:45
same email too

Northern Highflyer
10th Jan 2014, 13:03
I've had the same "position filled" email and I live on their doorstep, so they do look at more than where you live (pity) :)

jimmyjetplane
10th Jan 2014, 14:11
Just received the same email too!!

Not even completed the online tests !! I was going to do that today ironically, but as I thought what is written below was correct, I did not see that there would be a limited time in which to do this.

( Posted above in earlier post)....

' they will take 6 every 3 months!'

How 's that then? !!

aussiesteve
10th Jan 2014, 15:33
I have a friend who applied for the scheme and he was notified about his acceptance on boxing day.

So if you haven't heard its probably bad news.

JM926
10th Jan 2014, 15:57
This round of selection seems to be done but stay positive. This seems to be the route into Jet2 now for low hour guys. 6 guys every 3 months, so keep checking their careers website!

MightyDucks
22nd Jan 2014, 11:59
Does anybody know if this scheme will be run again this year?

MichaelOLearyGenius
28th Jan 2014, 09:34
There is a j2 737 in the circuit at Prestwick today so some people are getting their break :)

saladdodger
13th Feb 2014, 14:49
I see applications for this position are open again. Does anyone that went through the process last time have any info on the salary being offered?

liam548
16th Feb 2014, 03:45
Would be interested to know what the salary is like in this post if anyone knows?

_ShIfTy_
16th Feb 2014, 09:37
I think it's something like 19k for the first year, then 35k until you have a 1000 hours, then full FO pay.

contacttower118.2
22nd Feb 2014, 15:28
Not asking for help as such (although if someone offered it would be more than welcome!) but could someone tell me roughly how long the numerical and verbal reasoning for Jet2 takes?

immelmann87
22nd Feb 2014, 20:30
You should complete the tests and practice tests within an hour. However, You may want to divide it in two sessions - it is not required to do numerical and verbal reasoning in one shot.

ronnie3585
22nd Feb 2014, 21:02
Is this still open? Can't seem to see the link on their website.

immelmann87
23rd Feb 2014, 07:09
I cannot find it either. Guess that the application window is closed for now. It has been over 2 weeks since the job openning was announced.

Good luck to all of guys who applied. :)

contacttower118.2
23rd Feb 2014, 14:53
Not much comment on here this time around.

Does seem to have gone from the website now...I wonder how many people have applied?

TODA.1
23rd Feb 2014, 16:25
Read (when vacancy was open) about ATPL, clean driving licence etc. Can somebody please clarify; do you need ATPL etc to apply or is that part of the training Jet2 are offering?
Thanks.

4Screwaircrew
23rd Feb 2014, 21:09
TODA.1
The scheme is for low experience qualified pilots.

G-GOLF
25th Feb 2014, 11:39
So how does everyone feel the tests went? I've just completed them. Verbal was okay, got through them all, unless I've completely messed it up. However, maths, :ugh: I managed 8/20. Gutted, I'm almost certain maybe 7 out of those 8 are correct. I just ran out of time.

immelmann87
25th Feb 2014, 12:42
G-GOLF, I am also thinking that the verbal part was way easier than the maths part.
I suppose that it was intentionally designed in such a way, to check how a candidate cope under stress (in this case - very narrow time constrains) and I don't think that completing only part of the math questions will exclude You from the further recruitment process.

I am also wondering, if the best strategy (as seen by the person reviewing the results) is to complete the questions in correct order, or just skipping those questions on which You got stuck at some point (as I did), in order to use as many time as possible for other, potentially easier questions. What do You think about it?

contacttower118.2
25th Feb 2014, 22:48
Little point in discussing now but little else to think about...!

FWIW I got to question 16 on the maths, not sure how correct my answers were but most felt right. Verbal reasoning fine in the time but I'm always a bit thrown by that sort of thing...some questions seemed very unclear whereas others suspiciously obvious.

Has anyone heard anything yet?

AMS
26th Feb 2014, 07:55
Hi guys - when were you called in for the tests?

Do they send you an email?? I have only one Link active and the verbal reason is not active.....

Sent Jet2 an email and have not heard anything....

Any insight would be good.

High-Flyer2
26th Feb 2014, 08:04
From what I've heard they were calling people last week for the telephone interview stage.

contacttower118.2
26th Feb 2014, 08:34
Interesting...some people have only just finished the online tests. I did mine at the weekend, I hope that wasn't a waste of time.

AMS
26th Feb 2014, 13:33
For those that took the tests, did you get an email asking to complete online tests?

plikee
26th Feb 2014, 13:44
I did not. Just went to assessments for curiosity and found that

magicmick
26th Feb 2014, 13:57
Hello AMS, as I understand it the results of on line assessments remain valid for 12 months so if you completed the assessments for a previous recruitment phase less than 12 months ago then those assessment results will still be valid and you will not get the opportunity to re-do them. If you've never attempted the online assessments before or you last attempted them more than 12 months ago then you may have a problem. Hope that helps a little

plikee
26th Feb 2014, 14:14
magicmick I have to say that isn't completely true. I did the online tests when they open the position first time (Feb 2013) and the last time they opened again the position (maybe Nov/Dec 2013) and I had to do it again this time. Maybe you're right and my results were so bad and they want me to repeat them ahah :}

magicmick
26th Feb 2014, 17:31
That's strange as I was in the same position at the end of last year but I could not access the online assessments so I sent Jet2 an email and they replied with th 12 month rule. Maybe some people slipped through the net. Good luck with your application this time.

contacttower118.2
5th Mar 2014, 20:48
OK I have lost hope now...

The Flying Stool
9th Mar 2014, 21:54
Nobody heard anything yet?

aceridgey
10th Mar 2014, 09:14
Hi guys,

I am a Jet2.com employee and know personally about some of the people on the scheme.

All I can say is that you should all keep checking on the website as there are going to be many 'waves' of the pilot apprenticeship positions.

Someone in the thread has asked if they are going to sponsor medical. The entry requirements understand that you must hold a frozen ATPL and Class 1.

All in all, if flight deck is what you want, I don't see a better opportunity than this to start your career. Jet2.com treats her pilots very well.

Regards,

AMS
10th Mar 2014, 11:07
Magicmick, thanks for your response. I suspect that is the reason I am unable to do the tests. When I checked there was only one active link and the other was not.

Am I right that Jet2 actually invite you to complete the online tests via e-mail right?

contacttower118.2
10th Mar 2014, 11:22
No email was sent to me, you just go into the assessments section of the candidate portal and do the tests. I think the link for the second set of tests only becomes live when you have done the first (I think numerical is the first one).

magicmick
10th Mar 2014, 11:45
As with contacttower I did not receive any formal invite to sit the online assessments, I just logged into my recruitment account and looked in the assessments section and the links were there.

Thinking back through the fog of time to when I was not allowed to sit the online assessment I remeber that there was one link visible but when I clicked on the link and tried to start the assessment the window immediately closed and I had a message stating that I had completed all the required assessments.

That was when confusion got a hold of me and I emailed Jet2 recruitment for some advice.

AMS
10th Mar 2014, 11:58
great seems like I missed my chance then!

jimmyjetplane
10th Mar 2014, 12:31
Contact Tower is correct. After completing Numerical managerial test, the link to the verbal reasoning tests becomes ' clickable. '

Has anyone who applied to the more recent advertisement for the post been called yet?

Good luck to all.

aceridgey
11th Mar 2014, 08:59
Guys a statistic for you,

Jet2.com are taking on 24 pilot apprentices a year.

Regards,

Pauline_
11th Mar 2014, 10:36
But did they contact anybody? I've also applied last year and got an email after my email to jet2 that 'sorry the application process is over' . I sent my application on the first day, when the offer appeared.
They even did not take me into consideration ...

Mark321
11th Mar 2014, 11:12
Hi guys,

This is just to notify you my experience with jet2.com till now.
I have started applying on the website since 2010. That time I was not rated on Boeing. Never received a confirmation nor any link.
By the time I got experience with another airline. This autumn I applied through a broker to join jet2 being already rated and experienced.
They wanna see you in person once you go to the assessment day and they decide if you will be good to be progressed to the sim check. All the tests are an excusant to cut you off should they you not good to be progressed to the sim.
About online tests.. i was told you can have till 4 attempts to pass them. everyone knows that they are tricky. Even buying some material from latest pilot job (not really the exact material perhaps) I got practise with both NRT and VRT bought from test preparation jet2 is using from psl, kenexa etc and I saw that nrt and vrt are very similar. The problem is the lack of time during the exam.
I tried the first attempt but i was notified i failed and i was given a second chance. It s strange how jet2 team works.. because during the second chance i did not calculate anything nor read the question of nrt. I just answered by chance and i was notified i passed the test. So??? They are doing assessment in leeds for both rated and non rated pilots. On February 26th there was one and the other will be on tomorrow 12th and i think there will be another assessment day by the end of the month. They wanna see your attitude and if u re shy and how u behave in front of some situations. Should not they retain you to meet those requirements they will use the excusant.. we are sorry but you did not reach the high score during the test. I saw also that pilots already rated were not progressed to the sim only because the did not speak english very well. Perhaps only jet2 is using those kind of tests.
I have many colleagues working for other companies like etihad, emirates, qatar, flydubai etc but they have never seen tests like jet2 is using.
In 2010 i tried also to apply as flight attentand with them. The math test was simple, just some equations and simpe calculations, the vrt was quite similar as for pilots.
I m sorry that nowadays there is all of this silly recruitment process from some companies. Noone is perfect an even for companies with high standard may happen an error. I would most prefer to cut those test and go straight there for the interview an sim check to show the real skills a pilot has to show for this job. I m not a manager nor a doctor and is bad to see an opportunity to fly on b737 to be cut by tests with no any connection with aviation. I now many guys get demotivated and sad by doing those test of course. Aviation is changed.. no wonder should I see some captains of jet2 doing those tests....
Good luck guys