PDA

View Full Version : Pilot Apprentice - Jet 2

Pages : 1 [2] 3

Northern Highflyer
24th Mar 2014, 13:25
I completed the online tests and had a telephone interview 2 days later. Heard nothing since so I assume that I didn't make the grade. :{

contacttower118.2
24th Mar 2014, 20:24
What date did you do the tests?

OhNoCB
24th Mar 2014, 22:37
I completed the online tests and had a telephone interview 2 days later. Heard nothing since so I assume that I didn't make the grade. :{

Good friend of mine in same position. Called two days after online tests and was told things would be moving quickly and he would hear soon. No word since then. Must have been about 5-6 weeks ago now.

contacttower118.2
25th Mar 2014, 10:35
Can you guys share when you did the tests?

I submitted my application on 19th Feb, having started it a few days earlier and did the tests on the 22nd or 23rd Feb. Never heard anything...I suspect although the website still allowed me to submit I was too late to be considered for this round?

I just wonder what is going on at Jet2, do you think they have changed their plans?

Joons31
26th Mar 2014, 09:32
Got the same mail today.

jimmyjetplane
26th Mar 2014, 11:08
Respect to the last two posters, but this topic / thread is about the Pilot Apprentice scheme.

My guess and it's just that, is they will be extremely busy and possibly not reviewed applications for the latest recruitment drive for the Pilot Apprentice positions.

Happy to be corrected and good luck to all still waiting in hope!

Northern Highflyer
27th Mar 2014, 13:18
I applied and completed the online tests around 11th February. I was also told that I would be notified within a week if I was to be invited to the assessment day. My application is still showing as under review on my account but I would think the latest posts will be filled by now?

calumog
31st Mar 2014, 16:45
Just received an 'unsuccessful application' from jet2 after a long wait! Just wondering did anyone get any good news?

benish
1st Apr 2014, 09:35
Just had rejection email for the apprentice position. It's now filled.

LVL_CHG
1st Apr 2014, 09:54
I've been lucky enough to be offered a position starting in mid-April.

High-Flyer2
1st Apr 2014, 12:57
So it wasn't an 'April fool' I got from them :eek:

calumog
1st Apr 2014, 13:46
Ok good as long as someone got through! Did your status changed to accepted or do you have to go through and interview?

jimmyjetplane
1st Apr 2014, 21:34
LVL CHG..

Firstly, well done I wish you every success for your future career.

Do you mind if I ask what experience you have please? Also, did you progress past the online numerical managerial and verbal reasoning tests?

Anyone else who has been rejected told of the test results if they did them.I think this info' will be helpful and constructive for those who wish to try again in the future.

My feeling is that you need to apply as early as possible and if offered the online tests, to complete as soon as possible! I did apply but I think I left it to long before completing the process....

magicmick
2nd Apr 2014, 07:40
First of all I'll add my sincere congratulations to LVL_CHG on achieving a milestone in their journey to the career that they want.

I seem to remember reading a post that LVL_CHG made elsewhere recently that they have been working as cabin crew for an airline before getting rewarded for their loyalty to the company.

I have also heard from a few sources that Jet2 do like to hire internally and give preference to internal applicants (fair enough) and we've recently seen Thomson recruit cadets exclusively from internal applicants so it's not a new thing.

So it seems that a little bit of lateral thinking and hard work/ loyalty by LVL_CHG getting their name and face known around the company and building a decent reputation has paid dividends for them which is fantastic.

I don't know whether internal applicants went through the whole recruitment process with online tests etc or whether they were given a free pass straight through to interview and I'm sure Jet2 would rather LVL_CHG didn't divulge that information.

Either way good luck to LVL_CHG.

Dylan McTurk
23rd Apr 2014, 00:25
I really want to do the apprentice pilot program with Jet2 but still won't let me apply on line. I don't know if it's true or not but I have been told if you want to do the program you need to hold a frozen ATPL. If not what will the tests be like and surly they will asks for at least some GCSEs which I don't have ense why I can't train with CTC plus the cost of training aswell with CTC. Sometimes I think airlines and flight training colleges and program's demand too much and I'm slowly giving up on my dream of being an airline pilot.

Ironside757
23rd Apr 2014, 15:41
How can you really want to do this programme when you don't even know what the requirements are!?. Yes, you need a frozen atpl and of course you need GCSE's. Demanding people have GCSE's is not asking much at all and is definitely necessary. If you'd always wanted to be an airline pilot then you should have realised you needed GCSE's.

G-F0RC3
23rd Apr 2014, 16:42
Dylan McTurk; if you really want to be a pilot then I'd strongly advise you to get some GCSEs and A-Levels. These are absolutely necessary as the minimum requirements because training to be an airline pilot is very demanding. Those who are unable to acquire at least good GCSEs will likely struggle with fATPL training; both in terms of the technical difficulty and workload.

magicmick
23rd Apr 2014, 19:17
Assuming that Dylan has made a genuine post and is not a wind up troll I will try to provide a balanced answer. There is absolutely no requirement for GCSEs or A Levels to study for the ATPL written exams. You can be issued a CPL on your 18th birthday, you need to have passed all 14 written exams before starting the CPL course and most people do not have their A levels cracked out before their 18th birthday, make no mistake the exams are far from easy but GCSEs or A levels are no indication of sufficient intellect to pass them.

G-FORC3 has been talented and fortunate enough to be offered a place on the BA Future Pilot Programme for which they and the other successful candidates have my sincere congratulations. Like most ab-initio cadetships the BA course does require applicants to have certain academic qualifications and many integrated training providers will try to dictate that certain academic qualifications are necessary which is complete rubbish, some even equate the theory requirements to degree level study which is laughable.

I notice the use of the phrase 'frozen ATPL' or 'fATPL' which is misleading as no such qualification exists, in the days before EASA it was a slang term (not recognised by CAA) to indicate that a pilot had passed the 14 written exams and skills test for CPL and MEIR but they did not have the flying hour requirements for issue of an ATPL. Try telling any professional operator that you have or are working towards a frozen ATPL then you will very soon be talking to their back, after training you will have a CPL with Single Pilot MEIR, no more, no less, unless of course you study for the award of an MPL.

The Jet2 apprenticeship is different from the ab-initio cadetships in that it requires the applicant to have already completed CPL and MEIR training (I can't remember any specific GCSE or A Level requirements) before applying whereas ab-initio cadetships can be awarded to someone with zero hours and do require GCSE and/ or A Levels. So the Jet2 apprenticeship offers some hope to those that have completed training at their own expense and are looking for an elusive flying career with a decent airline.

Good luck G-FORC3 and all those accepted onto the BA course

Groundloop
24th Apr 2014, 08:51
Try telling any professional operator that you have or are working towards a frozen ATPL then you will very soon be talking to their back,

Then Monarch (to name just one) must not be a "professional operator":-

"A UK EASA ATPL (or Frozen ATPL) with UK EASA Class 1 medical certificate":ugh:

http://www.monarch.co.uk/jobs/flight-deck

magicmick
24th Apr 2014, 09:20
Good spot GL, however by 'operator' I mean pilot (should have made that clearer my apologies) and I doubt that a pilot wrote the job spec, probably written by an HR type who can be excused for their naivety.

If you can find an official EASA document that refers to a 'frozen ATPL' then you're looking harder than me (not difficult) but the fact remains that no pilot will ever possess a licence which has 'Frozen ATPL' written at the top of it, they wil have either a CPL with a number of ratings endorsed on it or a full ATPL.

The term 'Frozen ATPL' is a slang term that has become common parlance..........innitt!!!!!!!

Cheers

M

Groundloop
24th Apr 2014, 10:50
In a recent conversation with Monarch's Chief Pilot (Chief Operator?) he used the term Frozen ATPL.:ok:

magicmick
24th Apr 2014, 11:20
Just goes to show how common the slang phrase has become, it'll be in the Oxford English dictionary next. Maybe if enough people use it often enough then EASA will formally adopt it.

But when you've reached the heights of CP (CO) then I guess you can call it what you want.

Nice to be on speaking terms with the 'grown ups' I suppose (you name dropper you)

Apologies to the mods for the thread drift!!!!!

G-F0RC3
24th Apr 2014, 11:49
I think the term "fATPL" is an elegant solution to the otherwise long-winded expression of the same qualifications. Why not adopt such an acronym if it improves the ability of pilots to express their qualifications succinctly? This is probably why the term has gained so much popularity. Thanks for your comments by the way mick :ok:

It's true that there's no legal requirement for a person to have GCSEs and/or A-Levels in order to obtain an ATPL. But I'd be astonished if anyone actually held an ATPL who did not have the ability to obtain GCSEs (or their equivalents). And - hypothetically speaking - if I were a financial institution who had been asked to fund their training, I'd have serious reservations in the absence of a track record of them having sat exams at a reasonable level.

That said, I'm not sure I see the logic in Jet2's approach if the candidates they are looking for need to already have an fATPL? That should probably supercede the requirement for GCSEs; in the same way a Degree in maths will always supercede the requirement for an A-Level in it. However, I remain open-minded and will continue to follow this topic with interest. :cool:

Ant787
23rd Oct 2014, 13:46
how do i apply for the JET2 apprentice??? there is no information on their site

magicmick
23rd Oct 2014, 14:03
At the moment they're not accepting applications for apprentices but when they do open up the applications again they will put a notification on their dedicated careers website. Just a case of keeping an eye on the careers site.

Danny.
24th Nov 2014, 17:34
Hi all. I follow jet2 on LinkedIn and they have today posted that they are reopening this. How I wish I had my fatpl so that I could apply. Getting to spend all winter in leeds( where I currently live) for a major airline would be really convenient.
Check it out for yourselves. I just thought a heads up may be good

flyhiguy28
24th Nov 2014, 18:25
Hi All,

Just to let you know that the Pilot Apprentice scheme is now open and accepting applications :}

Best of luck to everybody!

lsYXWaR48Fo

girlpower
25th Nov 2014, 15:32
Hi,

Does anybody have an idea of what the salary is during the ground position phase of this scheme? The website says "excellent" but some feedback of what that might be would be appreciated.

Good opportunity this, but still have to feed the family and pay the mortgage.

Thanks

Cloudsurfer93
25th Nov 2014, 15:36
in the requirements they state that you must have a UK frozen atpl .
is this the same as the easa frozen atpl ? :confused:

4Screwaircrew
25th Nov 2014, 16:41
Cloudsurfer93, yes but you will be expected to have the state of issue changed to the UK if your EASA licence is issued elsewhere.

Cloudsurfer93
25th Nov 2014, 19:30
Great ! Thanks 4Screwaircrew
Fingers crossed now for some positive feedback ;)

seven3
26th Nov 2014, 09:58
Also applied. As it was written on the last page of application there should be an assessment ! But I don't have any ?!

You have completed all assessments that are required at this time! Thank you.

magicmick
26th Nov 2014, 10:59
The results of any assessments that you have completed for the Pilot Apprenticeship remain valid for 12 months. If you completed assessments in the past 12 months for earlier Pilot Apprentice recruitment then those assessment results will still be valid and you do not have to repeat them.

If you have not completed Pilot Apprenticeship assessments in the last 12 months then you have a problem with your account and you will need to contact Jet2 recruitment.

seven3
26th Nov 2014, 12:55
Same as Aftrsunset, I already did the assessment of NTR B737.

magicmick
26th Nov 2014, 13:54
Not sure if the assessments for FO and Apprentice are the same, I guess you will have to clarify that directly with Jet2 recruitment.

Kubaat3lover
26th Nov 2014, 18:09
Anyone did test (maths, mental etc)for recruitment process? how it looks like?

castlethorpe
27th Nov 2014, 14:34
I am surprised by the lack of posts on this subject. I remember the last time it was advertised and it seemed to generate much more interest.

I wonder if that is that indicative of fewer people applying?

AMS
27th Nov 2014, 16:35
I have applied, but have only the Numerical link active to press and go onto - all the others such as verbal and OPI are not active?

Have any of you had this?

Cygnet720
30th Nov 2014, 10:40
Same problem here as I have "You have completed all assessments that are required at this time! Thank you.". I haven't done any assessments in the last 12 months and had an unsuccessful application for Crewing Controller in the last few months.

Will e-mail them see if they respond. Hope it's not a computer glitch, would be quite embarrassing:}

benish
1st Dec 2014, 19:00
MagicMick seems to be the only one saying assesments are valid for 12 month.

I applied for the second officer position back in 2013 in which I completed the Maths and Verbal tests. I later got a call offering me an interview for the apprentice scheme. All info was taken from the SO appliction
I was unsuccesful and have now re applied this time around. The only test I had active was the OPI, which I have never seen before.

The wage for the apprentice year was 18/19k I believe. Can't quite remember. Then onto 26k I think once an SO.

magicmick
2nd Dec 2014, 07:33
My information came from a previous apprentice scheme application, the application was not successful so I applied about 9 or 10 months later when the scheme was open again and I got the message that I had already completed the online tests.

This confused me (doesn't take much to confuse me) so I contacted Jet2 recruitment who told me that the previous test results last for 12 months so the results from my previous application were still valid.

If there are current applicants who are being denied the online assessments who have not applied before or who applied more than 12 months ago then they should contact Jet2 recruitment directly, whenever I have emailed them they have got back to me pretty promptly.

Cygnet720
2nd Dec 2014, 20:27
After emailing jet2 the problem with assessments got fixed, but unfortunately application unsuccessful. Thought I did not bad in the tests:rolleyes:

castlethorpe
2nd Dec 2014, 20:34
Jet2 appear to be moving this along quickly.

I have just noticed they have already removed the advert from the website and judging by the posts above they are sifting through the applications. quickly.

Anyone any idea how many they are looking for?

ProFly
4th Dec 2014, 08:22
Last time around they took on 2

Kappa87
4th Dec 2014, 10:27
Last time they disappeared after the online tests...So I didn't applied this time.

aceridgey
5th Dec 2014, 08:39
They took on more than two mate.

I met the 6 that are about to go on the type rating next month.

Pie_13
8th Dec 2014, 23:09
had a telephone interview today :\ anyone else?

castlethorpe
9th Dec 2014, 16:37
What was the outcome of your telephone interview PIE13

flying apprentice
9th Dec 2014, 17:33
Aceridgey

Don't suppose you could tell us out of those 6, how many were local northerners ?

Fanor
9th Dec 2014, 19:58
How was the telephone interview? When did you apply?

Mine still says its under review.

Pie_13
10th Dec 2014, 11:41
I have just received an email saying I have been invited to assessment on Tuesday next week, :ooh: I applied 25th November and the telephone interview is pretty simple they just want to know about you :)

castlethorpe
11th Dec 2014, 17:19
I might be being a bit cynical but I am surprised that no one else has mentioned being contacted by Jet2.

I assume quite a few people will be attending the assessment day on Tuesday yet no one else has posted anything.

It does make me query the validity of Pie13's claims.

Pie_13
11th Dec 2014, 18:23
It is negativity like that my dear castlethorpe which is probably why you haven't been called for assessment yet ;) 2 other people have PM me saying they have the assessment on the same day, no need to belittle someone else because you haven't been selected yet.

castlethorpe
11th Dec 2014, 21:32
Sincere apologies pie13 I didn't mean to belittle you.

I just thought it was rather odd no one else had commented.

Where's your assessment and any mention of compass testing?

flyhiguy28
12th Dec 2014, 14:39
Best of luck to you Pie_13, you are correct, the interviews take place on Tuesday and the Sim Assessments are taking place on Wednesday next week at the Brand New Jet2 Sim Centre in Bradford.

Good luck to all candidates :ok:

dec1
12th Dec 2014, 16:05
Are Tuesday and Wednesday the only days they are going to do then?

castlethorpe
12th Dec 2014, 21:17
Are you suggesting if you pass the assessment on Tuesday you get called back the following day.

Seems like very short notice for people who need to get time off other jobs etc.

4Screwaircrew
12th Dec 2014, 21:25
Previously it has been interview in the morning and into the sim in the afternoon.

castlethorpe
13th Dec 2014, 10:24
All seems odd to me. I remember everyone moaning last time as they had to do lots of odd computer tests and a group exercise. Has all that been scrapped?

flyhiguy28
13th Dec 2014, 12:42
The format is a 2 day selection process. The first day of selection tests followed by a Sim Assessment the following day.

From recollection, Day 1 comprises a range of computer based tests (Compass, Maths, Tech), a Group Exercise and an Interview.

Day 2 is in the Sim in either the 737-300, 737-800 or 757-200 (whichever is available) for those who are successful on Day 1. You will be given a profile in advance.

I don't know whether the assessments next week are the only assessments they plan to do or whether they will run some more. I suspect the latter based on the numbers they are looking for, but I don't know for sure. :ok:

ManUtd1999
13th Dec 2014, 21:49
Out of interest, is there a maximum hours limit? I'm thinking that flight instructors and/or some turboprop pilots might still be interested in applying?

packo1848
14th Dec 2014, 17:14
I don't know of any upper hours limit, there are certainly one or two currently on the scheme with a reasonable amount of experience.

flying apprentice
14th Dec 2014, 18:33
Still would like to know if any successful candidates this time round or previously had addresses south of the Watford Gap on their application form. :)

olicana
17th Dec 2014, 19:17
How did the two day assessment go for those that attended?

castlethorpe
18th Dec 2014, 08:50
It has all gone very quiet again.

castlethorpe
19th Dec 2014, 22:16
How did you get on pie 13?

aceridgey
22nd Dec 2014, 15:48
@Flying Apprentice,

They don't pick people based on location.

There are quite a few 'Northerners' and the same for 'Southerners'.

(I would say more balance towards Yorkshire folk, maybe because a lot of people apply internally and are from the area).

castlethorpe
22nd Dec 2014, 16:34
Hurrah I may have a chance then despite being a newby to the north.

Is anyone going to share their experience of the recent selection days?

dec1
29th Dec 2014, 21:58
Has the recruitment finished now then? My application still says under review.

flyhiguy28
6th Jan 2015, 07:59
There is another selection day taking place today with Sim checks for those who are successful tomorrow. The scheme is ongoing in the sense that Jet2 will recruit a few times in the year so I assume your application may we be carried over if you aren't on today's selection.

Schoie2004
6th Jan 2015, 13:59
What phone number do they call you from for the interview? My status is still under review but I miss loads of calls on a daily basis due to work!! Is it a 0113 number?

Pie_13
8th Jan 2015, 09:33
My assessment day went very well thank you, i received a positive result! :ok: cant wait to start! Good luck to anyone else who has an assessment with them! :)

And schoie2004 it is a 0113 Leeds area code number they ring you on.

_ShIfTy_
8th Jan 2015, 13:23
Congrats Pie

upthere
8th Jan 2015, 19:55
Would you mind disclosing what the assessment day consisted of please Pie? Difficulties, areas to prepare etc?

Congratulations!

Schoie2004
8th Jan 2015, 21:25
Cheers Pie and congratulations!!!

My status still says under review and was updated today so still keeping my fingers crossed to get the call!
What was expected of you in the sim?

schweizer2
9th Jan 2015, 16:37
Application changed to unsuccessful today... bummer!

Haven't attended any assessments except for the online ones when completing the application.... Would have been a nice experience!

benish
19th Jan 2015, 09:40
12 taken on so far. 6 more in Feb

Unfotunatley got the PFO email on the 10th

John.d
25th Jan 2015, 18:25
Hi everyone I have an interview soon and was wondering if anyone could help me in what to expect like what does the compass test consists of and the type of atpl questions they ask

Djknight93
26th Jan 2015, 14:26
Update as promised.

Contacted today and offered 2 assessment dates, I settled on the 24/02.

If anybody else is about then drop me a PM, would be good to arrange the same hotel and meet up beforehand...

Exiled Martian
27th Jan 2015, 08:05
Didn't realise this scheme has re-opened again.

I got the 'under review' status for the better part of 3 months, finally gave up hitting the F5 key religiously :(

Went to check couple days back & lo & behold they put me out of my misery...finally got some closure...my application was unsuccessful....then again trying to do these online assessments covertly at work under your manager's nose can cause havoc as far as concentrating goes :ugh:

Good luck to all you guys re-applying & having a fair crack at it! My situation has been remedied accordingly & I'm set to pursue this plight somewhere else :ok:

girlpower
27th Jan 2015, 12:48
Hi,

Does anyone know if Jet2 have a preference for a certain provider of JOC or one that has x number of hours. I see many JOC courses advertised and they vary greatly in sim hours, as they are not a regulated part of training!

Many thanks.

2 Whites 2 Reds
27th Jan 2015, 19:06
girlpower

Don't hold me to it but I believe Jet2 has some form of relationship with MultiFlight but not sure if they even offer a JOC Course. As you say, JOC courses are completely unregulated and vary massively in the sim hours involved. However, unfortunately some airlines use them as another method of cutting down the applicants and as such it has become latest fashion accessory on your CV.

As if people haven't already forked out enough money!

girlpower
28th Jan 2015, 10:05
2 White 2 Reds,

Thanks for the info. Yes I know the JOC is being used as another filter (see Flybe). I seem to recall something along the lines of 16 or 20 minimum hours mentioned on pprune, for Jet2 to accept the JOC. Can't seem to find it though after doing a search.

All of this to earn 17k as an apprentice.. Sigh

Thanks again.

packo1848
28th Jan 2015, 10:37
Girl power, I don't know of any specific hours limit for JOC this time round, however there was a minimum of 16 for last year's applications. The majority of current apprentices have done at least one part of their training at OAA, however there are a few who have done the whole lot elsewhere.

flyhiguy28
29th Jan 2015, 06:39
I did my JOC with CRM Aviation (Jet Orientation Course (http://www.crmeurope.com/course/joc/)) as it was the cheapest around at the time. This consisted of a morning session talking about differences between Jets and Prop aircraft followed by a 4 hour Sim Session (2hrs as PF and 2hrs as PM).

At the telephone interview, when I was asked how many hours I did for my JOC I told them 4 and I was told they could not proceed with my application. I challenged this as it wasn't written down anywhere a) what exactly is a JOC course (it's unregulated!) and b) they didn't specify number of hours. The decision was overturned and I got through to the next stage.

Not sure this answers your question, but I'm an example of someone who did a 4 hour JOC and got through.

As for Multiflight, they don't provide JOC Courses and they don't have a formal relationship with Jet2.

Northern Highflyer
29th Jan 2015, 13:29
It was definitely a minimum 16 hour JOC to apply last year, so I can only imagine it will be the same this time around, but you never know.

I trained at Multiflight with JOC completed at Oxford and still not had any luck with Jet2. If there's any sort of agreement with Multiflight I've yet to hear about it. I'm also a local so I don't think that has any sway on their selection process either, despite what I've read in other threads.

girlpower
29th Jan 2015, 16:51
Many thanks for all the feedback and to the member who pm'd me. :ok:

B737900er
1st Feb 2015, 18:42
Airliner1 provide a 5day JOC (20 hours B738) for the same price as a 1-2day JOC.
Recently one of their students just got a job with Jet2 and another with FR.

Oliair
17th Feb 2015, 13:29
Hi all, I have an assessment coming up for the pilot apprentice scheme and wondered if anyone could shed any light on the interview and sim assessment for me. Thanks.

Captain-Random
2nd Mar 2015, 15:08
I haven't heard anything yet. I applied at the end of January.:confused:

B737900er
2nd Mar 2015, 17:47
Has anyone from the recent interviews heard anything back yet?

dec1
16th Jun 2015, 19:08
I have an assessment coming up 22nd/23rd June, anyone from the recent assessments have any insights? A breakdown of what happens?

dec1
17th Jun 2015, 20:19
Thanks for your reply, very helpful! Any particular areas they focus on for ATPLs? Is it just mental arithmetic for the Maths?

EchoSierra
17th Nov 2015, 13:51
Has anyone had any luck this round?

ES

The_green_penguin
23rd Feb 2016, 21:05
Anyone applied to the Apprentice Scheme this time round..?? In previous years, there were Online Aptitude tests to complete immediately after the application had been completed. This time however I've not yet received the automated invitation to undertake the tests?

Has anyone else experienced this - perhaps there is some "lead time" between submitting the application, having it reviewed, and then having to undertake the tests at a later date??

Can anyone shed any light? Many thanks in advance.

Reveal1
23rd Feb 2016, 22:18
applied same night pop up and still as you with no online assessment.

Kevin MF
24th Feb 2016, 06:12
I applied the 16th of February and got directly the links to complete the 3 online assessments. Haven't heard anything yet.

magicmick
24th Feb 2016, 06:45
The results of the online tests are valid for 1 year, so if you applied for the apprenticeship and completed the test less than a year ago then your results from that time are still valid and you do not need to redo the tests.

If you have never sat the tests before or if you last sat the tests more than 1 year ago then email Jet2 careers.

benish
3rd Mar 2016, 21:06
Anyone heard anything?

magicmick
4th Mar 2016, 10:44
Just received the dreaded 'custard pie' email. Good luck to all those still in the race.

Kevin MF
5th Mar 2016, 07:06
Me too, no luck this time :(

chickenlover123
16th Mar 2016, 17:45
Has anyone had a positive response?

I received this email about a week ago;

"Thank you for your recent application for our Pilot Apprentice positions. We would like to confirm that your application is still live and you are actively being considered for future Assessments.

We will be in touch over the next few weeks to update you further on your application.

Many thanks

The Jet2.com Recruitment Team"

eaglescout
21st Mar 2016, 20:02
Hi
Had a call from Jet2.com today regarding pilot apprentice anyone else ?

liam548
21st Mar 2016, 20:29
Hi
Had a call from Jet2.com today regarding pilot apprentice anyone else ?

What was the nature of the call?:ok:

eaglescout
29th Mar 2016, 15:18
Hi all,
Had a call today inviting me to an assessment day on the 6th April anyone else ?

castlethorpe
30th Mar 2016, 15:34
Anyone know the payscales at Jet2 if you get on this scheme? Are the numbers on ppjn correct and how/when do you get bumped up from SO to FO?

appfo09
4th Apr 2016, 07:20
Hi to everybody !

From those of you who received a call and invitation for the assessment. Could you please tell me what kind and how much experience you do have? Do you also live somewhere close to their bases? Are you local ?
I've applied a few times for this scheme but, unfortunately, I have been not successful.

Thank you !

benish
4th Apr 2016, 20:19
castlethorpe the wage for the apprentice is not listed on ppjn...

LastMinuteChanges
7th Apr 2016, 10:26
Does anyone know what is involved with assessment at Jet2? Is it on computer, or paper-based? Maths, Science, ATPL etc?

Fanor
25th Jan 2017, 16:00
Hi All

Could someone please give me a breakdown of the 12 month apprentice scheme please If you know.

Thanks

Fanor
25th Jan 2017, 19:35
I meant a breakdown of that first 12 months. I heard it was broken down into 3 different parts. What would these be?Where are you based? What's the salary etc?

rudestuff
26th Jan 2017, 07:35
I heard £18k as an apprentice, then £40k as an SO, £60k as an FO. All up north. Expect a stint as cabin crew.

rc2015
27th Jan 2017, 09:34
Anyone going to the assessment in Feb? Think it's a group assessment, compass and interview. Does anyone have any idea what past assessments were like?

JWS1996
3rd Feb 2017, 19:24
Does anyone have a contact name to address cover letters to at Jet2 recruitment?

slickfusion
6th Feb 2017, 16:13
rc2015, I'll see you there if you're there for the 9th Feb?
Rumours are that the compass testing side of things have changed, but I don't know what to.

wassupman
6th Mar 2017, 15:35
What is the age bracket to be considered?

wassupman
10th Mar 2017, 09:09
Thanks, usually in UK or EU age shouldn't be used as a decision maker but being in mid 30s one's options could be limited.

Lokki
19th Mar 2017, 11:47
Age always seems to pop up time to time. I know of people in the early 40's to be taken on by RYR. They where however instructors who showed progression and a continued effort to fly and teach. You need to show your always progressing. Improving yourself

LastMinuteChanges
20th Mar 2017, 10:38
Rumours are that the compass testing side of things have changed, but I don't know what to.

Was it still the COMPASS test? I am curious about their recruitment procedure for experienced pilots. :E

stephen2688
11th May 2017, 16:36
Does anyone know how many apprenticeships Jet2 have vacancies for? Is it for only 1 apprentice? If so I can foresee thousands of applications for this and the chances of getting the role are very very low if it's for only 1 person!

Mr Angry from Purley
11th May 2017, 17:25
If your not in it you won't win it.

Shutdownatpl
12th May 2017, 10:01
its 10 people every intake, they do three intakes a year!

mongooseflyer
12th May 2017, 11:35
A good friend joined Jet2 via the apprentice scheme, and has been flying for a while now - he has enjoyed the experience enormously. Good luck to those of you applying. The company are apparently big fans of hand flying as much as possible and his support for his 6 monthly checks seems to be superb.

magicmick
22nd May 2017, 18:50
Good evening

Has anyone who applied for the latest apprenticeship opening received any news either positive or negative? They are normally pretty good at providing either good or bad news pretty quickly but still no news yet.

stephen2688
25th May 2017, 17:17
To anyone else who's applied for this year's apprentice and had to do the numerical tests, the questions they ask you are ridiculous, how they expect you to answer all those questions in 20 minutes is beyond me! Anyone would think we were applying for a job as a banker in Canary Wharf in London, questions about inflation figures and retail price index numbers, when are we as pilots ever going to have answer such questions in the cockpit!

rudestuff
25th May 2017, 17:34
Think of it as a stress test. I had an assessment where I had 6 pages of maths questions and only 5 minutes to complete them. Most people barely got a quarter of the way through it.

9287Excellent
6th Jun 2017, 17:19
Hi there,

I have a selection day to attend for the pilot apprentice scheme later this month, just wondering if anyone had any ideas on what sort of questions are likely to come up in the interview so I can make sure I'm fully prepared. This is the bit I'm a little bit nervous about as only had one previous airline interview before.

Many thanks in advanced.

magicmick
7th Jun 2017, 08:54
Hi 9287,

Congratulations on getting invited to the assessment, good to see that they are processing applications, mine still shows as ‘Under Review’ on my candidate log in so I keep my fingers, toes and eyes crossed.

Do you mind answering a couple of questions:

Do you already work for Jet2 in some other capacity such as engineer, cabin crew, ops etc?

How long ago did you apply for the apprenticeship?

Good luck with the assessment.

Lokki
11th Jun 2017, 11:12
Say he was a flight dispatcher or ops, would that help his cause?

magicmick
11th Jun 2017, 21:04
I have been told that Jet2 give preference to existing employees, other airline that will also recruit internally for instance EasyJet, Flybe, Thomson, Thomas Cook as well as DHL as mentioned by Council Van.

9287Excellent
12th Jun 2017, 21:40
Hi guys,
No I don't work for jet2 in any capacity at the moment. I'm currently a flight instructor.

magicmick
13th Jun 2017, 08:18
Thanks for sharing the information, well done on getting this far and good luck with the remainder of the selection process. Just checked my candidate application status and discovered the dreaded 'application unsuccessful' message. No point bleating, at least I can uncross my fingers, toes and eyes.

Coug777
29th Jun 2017, 11:31
Anyone got any news on whether they were successfully selected?

itchybumba
6th Dec 2017, 13:10
Hi there,

Just wondering if anyone who applied for the Jet2 apprentice scheme in the latest round (advertised during October) have heard anything further other than a holding email sent on Nov 17th.

I applied, did the online tests and then apart from the holding email havent heard anything. Just wondering if i should continue hoping or not!

itchybumba
6th Dec 2017, 15:53
Thanks CharlieTangoCharlie..... i shall remain hopeful and optimistic!

magicmick
13th Dec 2017, 19:09
Just checked my profile on the Jet2 Recruitment site and discovered the dreaded 'unsuccessful' message. I checked yesterday and it was still under review so the custard pie has been dealt within the last 24hrs. Good luck to those still in the running.

The Foss
13th Dec 2017, 20:03
Move up north and re-apply! Jokes aside, hard luck, but if you're serious about getting into jet2 you can't go wrong taking up a job somewhere else within the company in the meantime to get your foot in the door. They do really give preference to internal applicants which I think is actually quite nice to see.
A very nice company to work for and the apprentice scheme is an excellent opportunity compared to other options such as ryanair

magicmick
13th Dec 2017, 20:59
Cheers Foss I appreciate the advice.

itchybumba
20th Dec 2017, 22:54
Application unsuccessful!

Do knock backs get any easier..... i am finding it harder the more i get!

Captain-Random
20th Dec 2017, 23:02
When I got the unsuccessful message they opened up for new applications 2 days later so watch this space

Ashamax
10th Jan 2018, 14:29
Hi guys !

I applied last week to the scheme, but at the end, I was told to do the online tests by pressing the "continue" button, but it didn't exist. It was also mentionned that I could do them later on, but now when I'm checking my application status, it says "under review" which is the second stage, but there is nowhere where I can do the online tests.

I'm afraid I missed something and that my application becomes unsuccessful just because I didn't do some tests I was not able to take.

Any advice will be welcome!

magicmick
10th Jan 2018, 18:34
Hi Ashamax,

When you complete the tests, the results are valid for one year, if you have applied and completed the tests in the past year the test results will still be valid and you will not need to redo them.

If you have never applied before or last applied more than one year ago then you should get in touch with kenexa at the email address they gave you in the acknowledgement email that will have sent to you immediately after you applied.

Hope that helps a bit.

Luminance
10th Jan 2018, 21:45
Hey Ashamax,

Double check your emails, you should have one saying they are currently changing providers, so they aren't doing online tests until a later date. I re-applied and had an email to that effect and have actually just been sent an email today progressing me to the video interview.

"Online Assessments:

Please note, we are currently in the process of changing providers therefore you will not currently be able to access your online assessments. You will be asked to complete these at a later date should your application be progressed."

itchybumba
11th Jan 2018, 13:09
Hi Luminance, just wondering if you had done the tests in the previous 12 months or not?

Luminance
11th Jan 2018, 20:04
Hi itchybumba,

Yeah I did them about 3 months ago before getting a rejection email not long ago but I did create another account as there was technical problems with the application on my old account (Same email address though).

feely46
15th Jan 2018, 15:21
Does anyone know how long you are bonded to Jet2 for after type rating?

Black Pudding
16th Jan 2018, 08:35
Shows you're not worthy of the opportunity and is really not a question that anyone at Jet2 would want to hear from any future apprentice/First Officer

BravoAlphaWhiskey
16th Jan 2018, 09:59
No not necessarily. Yes, you wouldn't mention this at interview but of course you deserve to know how long you are bonded.

Critter1
17th Jan 2018, 14:14
I had problems too

Critter1
17th Jan 2018, 14:14
Ashamax

Have you tried using a VPN?

feely46
18th Jan 2018, 16:00
Obviously it's not something I would question or ask at interview. I wouldn't really mind whether they said 3 years or 13...I am just interested. Your lack of interest would worry me black pudding. As for worthy... I don't think that is your decision. xoxo

Airbus Airhead
18th Jan 2018, 16:09
I think thats a very suitable question to ask on this kind of site, a little research shouldnt be shot down. I believe its a 3 year bond? <3

PilotJamie
19th Jan 2018, 11:47
Afternoon Guys,

Anyone proceeded past the "under review" stage for this terms application process?

magicmick
19th Jan 2018, 18:01
Personally no, though there is another Jet2 Apprenticeship thread (not sure why there are two) and one of the posters on the other thread using the name Luminance has stated that they have been progressed to video interview stage.

Black Pudding
20th Jan 2018, 12:19
feely

Your question tells me and others you're thinking of the consequences should you want to leave. It's a negative question to think, ask or even post on here. You may say what's the harm in asking the question on here. They at Jet2 are not stupid and will try and identify posters on here. I find it unbelievable that sometimes people actually post dates of up and coming interviews and selections on pprune. There are hundreds of people who would love an opportunity as offered by Jet2 and I think they would be very interested in you asking such a question, so they can make an easy choice of eliminating you from the process and offer it to someone who wants to work for Jet2. Asking about a bond is a very sensitive question if you need them more than they need you and if the competition is high, as is the case for this wonderful opportunity.

Good luck with your application and I would suggest no questions about bond and realise it's one of the best ways of getting into a RHS of a jet at a very good company without having to buy a type rating or sell your soul.

Great company, have many friends there who say they are very happy.

As for my decision if you're worthy, it's not. Just some advice from someone who worked hard to get to where I am now. You don't often get a second chance, don't mess it up.

PilotJamie
29th Jan 2018, 15:44
Personally no, though there is another Jet2 Apprenticeship thread (not sure why there are two) and one of the posters on the other thread using the name Luminance has stated that they have been progressed to video interview stage.

Thanks Mick, Things have gone quiet recently!

Airbus Airhead
30th Jan 2018, 07:20
What is the other jet 2 thread called please I can't find it? Has anyone been invited to an assessment yet? As far as I'm aware everyone I know is at the online tests and video interview stage.

magicmick
30th Jan 2018, 08:11
Looks like the other thread might have been removed. Still no news for me, my application still shows as ‘Under Review’ but as it has been 4 weeks since I applied then I’m not expecting good news any time soon. If I was going to be progressed I would probably have heard by now. Good luck.

schweizer2
30th Jan 2018, 08:15
I think their recruitment is a magical process, no one knows how it works.
Few years back I received the phone call about the apprentice position and was told at the end of the call to keep a lookout for an email from them in regards to an invitation to the written exams. Never heard back and application was changed to unsuccessful 6 months later.

hobbit1983
3rd Feb 2018, 21:28
Black Pudding

Come off it. It's a job. Jet2 aren't employing you out of the goodness of their heart. What the Ts & Cs are - including the bond - is 100% not an unreasonable question to ask.

I might not lead with it though!

Black Pudding
4th Feb 2018, 05:26
hobbit1983

is 100% not an unreasonable question to ask

Do you mean to ask on here or to ask at the selection process

hobbit1983
4th Feb 2018, 16:35
Either.

It's part of your terms and conditions. Unless you propose to work forever, for free, for Jet2, it's not something that should be secret.

An interview is a two way process, after all. With the caveat that I'd try and find out so that i didn't have to ask during the interview.

Instead, I could post on Pprune and ask the question there, maybe.

DrinkGirls
4th Feb 2018, 17:36
When you have your interview, they have printed sheets with pay, benefits and t&c. They discuss bonding and training. Most questions are answered at this stage. It really was a two way process. Questions like yours are encouraged so don’t worry

HES1998
6th Feb 2018, 17:40
I completed the video interview, about 2 weeks ago, did not get a reply yet...

9287Excellent
14th Feb 2018, 14:22
I'm going for an assessment in the next few days.......any final tips?

I went for a Jet2 assessment last summer, its a very relaxed and actually quite enjoyable day. The guy who did my interview was very friendly, approachable and answered any questions I had as well as answering some of them before I'd asked...mostly pay, holiday entitlement, that sort of thing. Good Luck!

magicmick
5th Apr 2018, 18:18
Hello All,

I was wondering whether anyone who applied for the most recent Jet2 Pilot Apprentice scheme have had a similar experience to me:
On 29th March I received an email from Jet2 pilot recruitment:

"Thank you for your interest in working for Jet2.com and your application for the Pilot Apprentice position. I am writing to provide you with an update on your application as well as progress against our current requirements.

We have been fortunate to receive a significant level of interest in these positions and therefore the level of competition has been very high. As a result, we have now fulfilled our requirement for our July intake. However, your skills and the level of experience you have are of interest to us and we would like to consider your application for our next intake of Pilot Apprentices in October.

In the meantime, we would greatly appreciate it if you could confirm by return email if you are no longer available, otherwise we will assume you are happy to continue with your application."

While I was disappointed not to be selected I was pleased that the application was interesting to them and would remain open for the next entry later this year. I logged into my candidate account on the Jet2 careers website and noted that the application status was ‘Under Review’ indicating that the application was still live.

A few days later I received an email from AutomationManager:

"Many thanks for your interest in the position of Pilot Apprentice at Jet2.com and Jet2holidays.

We have reviewed your application and unfortunately, on this occasion, we will not be progressing your application further.

We would like to take the opportunity to thank you for your interest in Jet2.com and Jet2holidays and invite you to look out for any other suitable vacancies on our careers website at Jet2Careers (http://www.jet2careers.com). You can add ‘job alerts’ to your candidate profile so you will receive e-mail notifications as soon as suitable positions are advertised.

If you are interested in finding out more about working for Jet2.com and Jet2holidays, please visit Videos (http://www.jet2careers.com/videos) to get more of an insight.

We wish you every success in the future"

I logged into my candidate account on the Jet2 careers website and the application status has changed to ‘Unsuccessful.’

The wording of the second email and the change in status of my application would indicate to me that the application has been terminated and will not be considered for the next intake which contradicts the original email.

So I am a bit confused as to whether or not my application is still open for the next intake or not, I have emailed Jet2 pilot recruitment but no reply yet.

Has anyone else had a similar pair of emails from their Jet2 apprentice application?

Many thanks in advance.

itchybumba
5th Apr 2018, 18:29
Hi there.

I am in exactly the same boat. I did reply to the second one asking for clarification - not holding my breathe for a reply but hopefully someone will find the time to confirm.

I also checked the vacancies and unlike before it is the same job advert feom December and as such, you cant re-apply.

rudestuff
6th Apr 2018, 03:30
Ring them up, you've got nothing to lose.

magicmick
6th Apr 2018, 06:55
Itchybumba – Good luck with finding out any information, If I find anything out I will let you know.

Rudestuff – sadly like most hr/ recruitment departments their telephone contact details are closely guarded secrets. They are careful not to put telephone contacts on emails or on the careers website.

rudestuff
7th Apr 2018, 01:19
And yet they still have phones. If you can't blag yourself a phone call..

magicmick
7th Apr 2018, 11:05
I have tried calling the Jet2 phone numbers that are in the public domain but the people who answer those phones politely refuse to give the recruitment number to me. I don’t work for Jet2 and do not know anyone that does work for them. Sadly my psychic talents are not what they used to be, maybe you have confused me with my evil twin, mysticmick.

magicmick
16th Apr 2018, 10:16
Just had a reply from Jet2, I was under consideration for the next intake but progress of my application has now ceased. The reason given is that Jet2 have massive interest in the scheme (understandable) and many applicants are from instructors and people currently flying regularly who have better flying currency than I do so they are getting the nod (again understandable). Frustrating but at least they bothered to reply and put me in the picture.

magicmick
23rd Apr 2018, 17:29
Having had some time to reflect on the subject, I have a few points on the currency requirement for the Pilot Apprenticeship that I thought I might share and invite your comments on:

Single pilot light MEP/SEP currency counts for little against multi-crew flying of a swept wing jet with 180 plus people, all their luggage and thousands of litres of fuel on board, that’s why we have MPL as well as CPL/MEIR these days.

If you recruit someone with good currency straight onto a type rating, I can see how the currency might have some benefit. However this is recruitment for a 12 month apprenticeship so any currency that the apprentice has on day one has eroded by the time they actually get into the sim, unless Jet2 insist that they maintain a level of currency during their ground assignment time.

If an apprentice with low currency is recruited they would have 12 months to get their currency up to a reasonable level before starting type rating. Individuals might be willing to spend hundreds/ thousands on currency flying if they know that they have the type rating waiting for them in 12 months rather than getting their currency up and run the risk of still not getting recruited.

Surely it would be better to recruit those that can pass the assessment (regardless of currency) and then allocate them one day per month jump seat with an operational crew and 2hrs per month sim time with an instructor. That way after 12 months you have someone starting a type rating who has experienced company SOPs at work and how professional crews operate the aircraft and they will have 24hrs experience of how the actual aircraft handles and would pose a much lower training risk.

Just my thoughts and genuinely not ‘sour grapes’ on my part as I think that the apprenticeship is an excellent scheme.

Ultimately of course this is a Jet2 recruitment campaign, they set the requirements and do not listen to my ramblings.

Good luck to those that have been recruited.

cloudbash
23rd Apr 2018, 20:23
Why would they bin the scheme? The scheme isn’t just about putting a bum on a seat - if that was the case then the numerous number of Ryanair pilots wanting to leave would be mopped up.

The scheme is about selecting quality people, giving them an insight into all aspects of the business and then nurturing them as a Pilot.

It’s a great scheme. Good luck to those applying.

virtualaviation
23rd Apr 2018, 21:08
The scheme is about selecting quality people, giving them an insight into all aspects of the business and then nurturing them as a Pilot.

It’s a great scheme. Good luck to those applying.

Announced a few days ago, an Open Day exclusive to the Pilot Apprentice Scheme. Prospective future applicants will be able to meet the Jet2.com pilot recruitment team in person, find out more details about the scheme, and get answers to any questions:
https://www.virtualaviation.co.uk/jet2

Northern Highflyer
23rd Apr 2018, 21:26
Magicmick I agree with your thoughts on the currency element with a one year ground based job, but with so many applications I guess it's used as a filter. I too would spend a lot more on flying if I had a job offer and guaranteed type rating.

I also received the same two emails only a few days apart. The reply I got was that they had now filled their October requirements, hence the quick rejection email, which seems very quick as it was done in less than a week. Also, I see the advert is still running which also seems rather bizarre if they have filled posts right up to October. As it's the same advert that I applied to many months ago it won't let me reapply due to duplication, although I have done a lot of flying since my original application, so ironically, I would meet their currency requirements now more than I did in my original application.

Danskora
23rd Apr 2018, 21:48
My mate works for them and he really rates them as an employer. I think the aprentice gig would have been fun, besides I’m too old for FR. I’m half glad I fell at the SIM hurdle, to have reached the required standard and not get a job must be a killer but onwards and upwards.

Good Luck if you apply again.

magicmick
24th Apr 2018, 06:24
Thank-you all very much for your contributions, some very interesting stuff.

I was not aware that the apprentices go through JOC training as part of the scheme, which sounds great but does beg the question why the requirement for JOC and currency when training is conducted during the apprenticeship? I hope that the apprentices are not expected to pay for the additional training.

The VA open day looks good, however I note that the requirements state “To be eligible for the Open Day, you should already be undergoing commercial pilot training and be expecting to have a completed CPL ME/IR by the end of 2018.” Does this mean that people who already have the licence and MCC/JOC are excluded? If so that’s a real shame and is just a VA marketing scheme to promote their courses.

I assume that the recruitment ad is still open to stop people who have already applied and been rejected from reapplying for the next entry, maybe they will introduce a rule stopping rejected applicants from reapplying for 12 months after rejection, I hope not.

I have read lots of good things about Jet2 as an employer on PPRuNe and I don’t think that I have read any negatives about working for them.

Thanks again for your opinions, keep them coming.

virtualaviation
24th Apr 2018, 08:03
Does this mean that people who already have the licence and MCC/JOC are excluded?

No. Having a frozen ATPL via Modular or Integrated route already is absolutely fine.

The reason for stating... “To be eligible for the Open Day, you should already be undergoing commercial pilot training and be expecting to have a completed CPL ME/IR by the end of 2018”... is to make clear that this day is not for people who just considering a pilot career, or in the very early stages of training.

magicmick
24th Apr 2018, 09:40
Thank-you very much for clearing up my confusion.

benish
26th Apr 2018, 08:49
Having had some time to reflect on the subject, I have a few points on the currency requirement for the Pilot Apprenticeship that I thought I might share and invite your comments on:

Single pilot light MEP/SEP currency counts for little against multi-crew flying of a swept wing jet with 180 plus people, all their luggage and thousands of litres of fuel on board, that’s why we have MPL as well as CPL/MEIR these days.

If you recruit someone with good currency straight onto a type rating, I can see how the currency might have some benefit. However this is recruitment for a 12 month apprenticeship so any currency that the apprentice has on day one has eroded by the time they actually get into the sim, unless Jet2 insist that they maintain a level of currency during their ground assignment time.

If an apprentice with low currency is recruited they would have 12 months to get their currency up to a reasonable level before starting type rating. Individuals might be willing to spend hundreds/ thousands on currency flying if they know that they have the type rating waiting for them in 12 months rather than getting their currency up and run the risk of still not getting recruited.

Surely it would be better to recruit those that can pass the assessment (regardless of currency) and then allocate them one day per month jump seat with an operational crew and 2hrs per month sim time with an instructor. That way after 12 months you have someone starting a type rating who has experienced company SOPs at work and how professional crews operate the aircraft and they will have 24hrs experience of how the actual aircraft handles and would pose a much lower training risk.

Just my thoughts and genuinely not ‘sour grapes’ on my part as I think that the apprenticeship is an excellent scheme.

Ultimately of course this is a Jet2 recruitment campaign, they set the requirements and do not listen to my ramblings.

Good luck to those that have been recruited.

Hi MagicMick, sorry to hear you made it so far and got knocked back. When I applied the currency requirements weren’t really set in stone which helped me get through the door I guess. Unfortunately if there’s one job and two candidates who both score the same, but one has more currency, then you know who’s going to get the offer!

On your points about recency;
A recent change to the scheme now sees each apprentice receiving some recency SEP time during the ground based stage to keep their skills up. I believe their is a structure to these flights focussing on particular aspects.
Each apprentice also does get the chance to Jump seat (I did over 15 in my time) during the crew room stage and their is a newly added structure and workbook to complete for those flights.
I believe JOCs are required at the start to show you have had jet exposure and have achieved that level of training. Doing another in house JOC is very beneficial In that it will advance your skills and give you some sim receny just before a busy TR!

Also, I believe there already is a rule where you won’t be considered within 12 months if already unsuccessful.

toplad
26th Apr 2018, 09:37
Also, I believe there already is a rule where you won’t be considered within 12 months if already unsuccessful.

I got through to the last 8 on the interview day and was unsuccessful, I was told I could reapply in 6 months, which I did via the website. Then I received a emailing after about a month saying that all the posts have been filled and I was being considered for a later intake. I have not received a second email, so I guess I'm lucky and still in with a shot

magicmick
27th Apr 2018, 19:29
Hi Benish

Thank-you so much for the inside info, congratulations on getting a place on one of the best schemes around for low hours ladies and gents. Great to hear that there is now some recency training and some jump seat opportunities during the ground phase, I was not aware of any 12 month ban on re-applying as I have applied twice in 12 months before but maybe the 12 month rule now applies.

Hi Toplad

Well done on getting so far but it must be frustrating not to land the gig though you're still in the game and that has to count for something, do you mind sharing some info are you just out of training or are you currently flying as an instructor, para dropper, survey pilot etc? Good luck with having another bite at the cherry next time.

gbatch1
28th Sep 2018, 12:59
Good afternoon everyone,

Does anyone have any feedback on the online interview for Jet2 Pilot Apprentice?

Thanks
G

Rottweiler22
8th Oct 2018, 17:49
I applied a few months ago as a newly graduated low-hours pilot. The whole process was very quick.

As far as I can remember the video interview was three questions of around 3 minutes each. You have a batch of practice questions that you can use to get warmed up, as the whole process of a video interview is quite strange at first. There are unlimited attempts for this, so you can keep on practicing until you're comfortable. The real questions were typical interview classics, such as "Why do you want to be a pilot", "What's your greatest achievement?", and "Why do you want to work for Jet2?". I think you could have one retake per question if you thought your answer was really bad, but I just fired and forgot my first attempts. On the same day I received an email to say I was through to the next stage, being the aptitude tests.

I did the aptitude tests a couple of days later, and they were in the same format as the Ryanair CutE tests. As far as I can remember there was: Monitoring (counting moving balls); Reaction Time (self explanatory); Spacial Awareness (reading RMIs); Multi-Tasking (again, self explanatory); and Hand-Eye Coordination (guiding a ball through moving holes). Then there was a basic maths, physics and logic test, consisting of around 20 questions.

I received a phone call the day after to say I was invited to a sim assessment, group task and interview day the following week. I was sent some material with the sim profile, pitch/power settings, etc, and was told to prepare for departures and approaches from and into Manchester. On the day there were four others, all of varying ages, and all applying for their first job. The head of pilot recruitment was there, as well as three current pilots who did the interviews. The day started with a short presentation about Jet2, and what to expect as a pilot apprentice. The group assessment followed, and was the classic "sinking ship" scenario. It lasted around 40 minutes, was quite good fun, and everyone worked together well.

Then it was the interview, with two current pilots. It was a fairly standard airline competency interview, with a "Tell us about yourself" starter, followed by vanilla questions such as "What do you know about Jet2?", "Why do you want to work for Jet2?", and then into the motivational stuff. "Why do you want to become a pilot?", "What makes a good pilot", that sort of stuff. The competency questions were customer service based, so I had questions regarding examples of when I provided good customer service, persuaded somebody, led a team, and dealt with conflict. It lasted about 45 minutes.

Everyone had a 1-1 meeting with the recruitment manager after their interview for the verdict. If you passed the group task and interview, you would go down the road for the sim assessment. Unfortunately, I fell short on the interview, and the recruitment manager told me that the interviewers weren't happy with some of my competency answers. I wouldn't be going any further, and it was sent off for an early bath. Obviously I was gutted, even more so because I thought I had a really good interview. I must admit that I felt uncomfortable from the start, and couldn't really relax on the day. It felt a bit like I didn't belong, and the other applicants and Jet2 staff were on a different wavelength to me. So it wasn't the end of the world, as I wasn't right for Jet2, and Jet2 weren't right for me. Whether the others passed, I don't know. Still, credit to the Jet2 team, at least they give you feedback to your face and tell you what they didn't like. At least you can dust yourself down and learn from your mistakes, rather than just being given a PFO e-mail like some airlines do. I wasn't happy with their decision, but I respect them for telling it to your face, on the day. More airlines should do that.

I have zero malice against Jet2, as I believe things are meant to be and my face didn't fit anyway. A couple of weeks later I was offered a FO job for another British airline which is where I am now, and loving it. My personal advice would be to do as much as you possibly can to get a flying job in this current recruitment peak, as the chances of getting in the right-hand seat are at their highest. The apprentice scheme is good, but it's 10-12 months on the ground before you start a type rating. Dip your bread, that's what I say.

Hope this has helped, and good luck to anyone thinking of applying!

A321fly
19th Mar 2019, 21:00
Hi all,
Ive tried searching but I can’t seem to find much about jet2’s pilot apprenticeship scheme, can anyone shed some light about time scales and what the course entails??
thanks

pilotchute
20th Mar 2019, 02:18
The careers page for Jet2 didn't shed any light on it?

Council Van
20th Mar 2019, 20:29
Hi all,
Ive tried searching but I can’t seem to find much about jet2’s pilot apprenticeship scheme, can anyone shed some light about time scales and what the course entails??
thanks

Read all about it here
Career Search (http://www.jet2careers.com/career-search?id=1413211)

Jakub Velicka
24th Jul 2019, 20:27
Jet2 Pilot Apprentice Scheme is open for applications again: https://icadet.com/jet2-com-pilot-apprenticeship-programme-open-for-applications-updated-july-2019/

Ronaldsway Radar
25th Jul 2019, 14:29
It's a shame that the scheme only pays £20k a year for 40 hours a week of work. For those moving into the industry from other careers, that salary is just not feasible. A great opportunity for the younger fATPLs though.

JM926
25th Jul 2019, 18:16
arguably more feasible than forking out 20/30k for a type rating though which many other companies will charge? Plus once up and flying the basic salary for a second officer is almost 50k.

Ronaldsway Radar
26th Jul 2019, 09:49
[

Certainly not disagreeing with you there. A good company to work for, and having run some numbers last night over the first 5 years it works out an awful lot more gross pay than the regionals.

Good luck to all those applying.

OldDreamer
1st Aug 2019, 17:01
Anyone going for the interview/sim next week? Looking for more info about interview questions they usually do for Jet2, has anyone got any good source?

Fanor
18th Dec 2019, 10:23
Hi All

Could anyone tell me what the payscale is for the apprentice scheme. I have searched high and low and cannot find any information.

Thanks

TryingToAvoidCBs
18th Dec 2019, 11:29
Apprentice pay is about 20K while on the scheme. I believe the scheme is also being shortened now slowly toward 6 months instead of 12+ (currently around 9 months).
Expect pay to jump to 49K the day you start the type rating.

Fanor
7th Feb 2020, 06:47
Good Morning

Has anyone heard from jet2 after the latest round of recruitment closed last week?

Thanks

Fanor
7th Feb 2020, 08:18
Would you know whether this is for the intake that just opened up in January?

SAPEG3T
7th Feb 2020, 13:00
So they must hold a few bouts of assessments. I am due in next week for the interview etc,
but there has already been people passed through this stage?

BehindBlueEyes
7th Feb 2020, 17:28
Family member received email asking for convenient time for telephone interview, replied but still waiting...

SAPEG3T
22nd Feb 2020, 23:11
Hi Folks.

Got through to the sim phase, scheduled for early march. Anyone else got the same?

Trying to gauge how many people going into sims for this “double intake” as if it were.

OldDreamer
2nd Mar 2020, 11:26
Is anyone still in the first stage of the application? I am still in the "application sent" status which seems weird as people are already getting rejected or getting offers. Wondering whether they forgot my application...

TallyWhacker
26th Jan 2021, 16:39
Has anyone heard anything good/bad/indifferent regarding the future of the PAS?

liam548
26th Jan 2021, 19:46
a little early to comment don't you think? I think all airlines are just hoping to survive as best they can at the minute.

I'm sure down the line when bookings explode and flights start up again then so will recruitment, the scheme has proved sound up to now so no reason for it not to continue in the mid to long term.

Ry1624
9th Feb 2022, 17:50
Hi everyone. My application is still on under review from 3rd December so still not sure what's happening as I've heard people have got into the scheme. Does anyone else know what's happening and do you think under review at this stage means I haven't got a chance?

Pilotman14
1st Jul 2022, 10:36
Wondering if anyone has any tips for cut-e monitoring test (the moving balls), I keep practicing but not great success when more than 10 moving objects

enzino
1st Jul 2022, 11:29
And so are many more people. You aren't supposed to be "successful" with these tests, you need to fall in the average they want. Don't stress too much.

Personally I would screw it up with more than 6 or 7 moving objects.

Pilotman14
13th Jul 2022, 20:43
Has anybody heard anything from the latest round of applications?

add10ktsandsendit
14th Jul 2022, 07:14
No, my application is still 'Under Review' - but I've heard that there has been assessments this week so not feeling that hopeful.

PilotDan96
31st Jul 2022, 06:17
Had my video interview/aptitude earlier this month. Not heard back from Jet2. Anyone been given dates for the assessment yet?

PinguGoesFlying
31st Jul 2022, 10:05
Nothing here either, do they email if you are unsuccessful

PilotDan96
3rd Aug 2022, 17:52
I've got a date this August for the assessment. Anybody else got theirs yet?

PinguGoesFlying
3rd Aug 2022, 21:54
I've got a date this August for the assessment. Anybody else got theirs yet?

All quiet here :sad:

Did they email or call you

PilotDan96
4th Aug 2022, 17:11
The emailed me.

Bhavrageaverage
5th Aug 2022, 19:23
The emailed me.
I have sent you a PM PilotDan96 :)

Pilotman14
15th Nov 2022, 09:10
Has anybody had a reponse for the latest round out applications (Nov 2022)? I have been in review since Saturday but not heard anything but others have started hearing from them (Doesn't look good for me)

Contact Approach
15th Nov 2022, 20:31
Are they still running that scheme? Thought they'd need pilots not trolly dollys!

frew198
17th Nov 2022, 11:59
Has anybody heard anything post online aptitude tests ?

Thanks

jr6565
18th Nov 2022, 22:00
Has anybody heard anything post online aptitude tests ?

Thanks

Yeah, I got a link to do the online interview less than 24 hours after completing the aptitude tests. Would appreciate if anyone has heard anything after this stage to let us know?

CommercialJets
19th Nov 2022, 11:20
Yeah, I got a link to do the online interview less than 24 hours after completing the aptitude tests. Would appreciate if anyone has heard anything after this stage to let us know?

I for one haven’t heard anything post video interview. I’ve heard between 1 and 2 weeks after the video interview to be offered an assessment date so not concerned just yet

frew198
19th Nov 2022, 19:59
I for one haven’t heard anything post video interview. I’ve heard between 1 and 2 weeks after the video interview to be offered an assessment date so not concerned just yet

Did you get an invite to online interview straight after tests ? Just trying to work out timelines as I took mine last week
Thanks

SquareSize
20th Nov 2022, 10:02
Did you get an invite to online interview straight after tests ? Just trying to work out timelines as I took mine last week
Thanks
I was sent the online aptitude tests around 4-5 days after submitting my details online. I then received an invitation for an online pre recorded interview 1-2 days after been sent the aptitude tests email. It stated you have around 3business days to undertake the interview and no time limit for the aptitude tests. I undertook my aptitude tests after the interview.

hope this helps

jr6565
20th Nov 2022, 16:00
Thanks
Not straight away, but on the same business day.

CommercialJets
20th Nov 2022, 16:00
Thanks

It was a couple of days after for me. 🤞 you hear soon

frew198
24th Nov 2022, 14:54
Wondered if anybody had any further updates or progressed to assesment days ?

jr6565
24th Nov 2022, 16:19
Nope nothing back on my end yet.

PinguGoesFlying
24th Nov 2022, 16:23
7600 here :(

CommercialJets
24th Nov 2022, 16:33

Nothing for me either.

CommercialJets
1st Dec 2022, 09:37
Anyone heard anything back? Been over 2 weeks since my video interview so sadly not feeling too hopeful

frew198
1st Dec 2022, 14:59
I haven't I didn't actually receive anything other than the tests though . I've heard people have started to be invited to dates so I'm assuming I've not made it this time

Popsicle5125
2nd Dec 2022, 19:25
Heard nothing after the aptitude tests. Did not get the online interview link.

frew198
5th Dec 2022, 18:58
Has anybody heard anything further either way ?

Thanks

CommercialJets
5th Dec 2022, 20:33
Has anybody heard anything further either way ?

Thanks

Not me unfortunately

bigbird97
8th Dec 2022, 16:59
Anyone who has had sim assessments last week/ this week, was this just a sim assessment day or was it a full assessment day with Interviews and a group exercise?

frew198
12th Dec 2022, 12:02
Has anybody had any news on this recently ?

22nd Dec 2022, 14:29
Rejection email just through :)

frew198
22nd Dec 2022, 14:48
Same here - I didn't make it too far along 😅

Well done to all those who were successful!

PinguGoesFlying
22nd Dec 2022, 22:59
Attended the sim assesment on December 1st in Bradford and just recieved the custard pie in my inbox :sad:

jr6565
23rd Dec 2022, 15:41
Sorry to hear Pingu, how was the sim assesment, and was it literally just the sim part?

PinguGoesFlying
24th Dec 2022, 12:17
Was just a SIM assessment, which was not communicated prior to attending so had spent loads of time revising competency interview questions the day before, somewhat frustrating, one of the other guys said the same so wasn’t a case of me not reading the email. No information was supplied regarding what the job offer is or anything regarding pay etc, so that was disappointing, just three of us, in a room, one at a time down to the sim, then off home, another three came in at lunch time and continued for a couple days so estimate about 20ish would have been assessed over the two days. Was told that if I was successful in the sim then I would be invited for the HR bit at some point in the future.

Sim assessment was a 737 fixed base, about 45mins, me in the right seat, assessor in the left with another assessor behind. Straight and level flight, accelerate, decelerate, turn, steep turn, steep turn while stating an airport every 30 degrees (that really overworks you). Descending turn, 360 degrees rate 1 and lose 1000ft, so whats rate of descent (2min turn so 500ft ROD). Single needle track a VOR, fly over the VOR to intercept an outbound radial, then at 6 DME begin a descent to be at an altitude by 9DME or something like that. Followed by two raw data ILS, first one to minimums, reset, then second one to land (landing not assessed), second one you have to recite a piece of furniture every 1 DME, again overloading you. Flaps and gear already set before commencement of the ILS. Then kicked out the sim and sent home, no feedback is given on the day so left with no idea if I had passed or failed. Invite email stated no need to prepare beforehand but I would suggest an hour in a fixed base 737 somewhere beforehand, I did not do that and had forgotten what a handful the 737 is (had done a Wizz Air assessment the week before, which I passed and am in the hold pool for, the A320 handles very different to the 737, though I don’t think my flying was especially bad given I am not type rated, who knows).

Then home and wait for the email, I got the rejection three weeks after with the standard cut and paste thanks but no thanks and don’t ask for feedback. :sad:

Had the welcome to Wizz email a couple days before the Jet2 custard pie so im happy anyway and wish best of luck to whoever does get in. :cool:

GIZZAJOB
12th Jan 2023, 12:11
Please do not call it a “ HR” interview successful candidates are interviewed by pilot recruitment team. Pilots are not HR

Flightdisclose
22nd May 2023, 21:17
Anyone applied recently and heard anything?

jr6565
22nd May 2023, 21:40
Have applied, nothing heard yet, are you the same?

frew198
24th May 2023, 11:13
Hi yes heard back - online assesments and video interviews

Flightdisclose
25th May 2023, 21:02
Anyone care to shed any info on the Jet2 Video Interview/Asssessment?

frew198
5th Jun 2023, 07:41
Not yet for me - hoping to hear back this week

CommercialJets
5th Jun 2023, 08:42
Just to echo what’s been said above - nothing here either

Flightdisclose
5th Jun 2023, 09:54
Nothing here either

brocken_spectre
5th Jun 2023, 11:19
No response, but hopefully we'll hear something soon.

frew198
7th Jun 2023, 11:22
Has anybody been taken forward to assesment day?

CommercialJets
7th Jun 2023, 18:49
Got an invite for a sim assessment sent through this afternoon