PDA

View Full Version : Be300/1900 Instructor Qualifications

Defbond
9th Sep 2012, 14:07
Hi guys,

What certificates are needed in order to instruct on the King Air 350/1900 in Europe, and be qualified to do so in a sim, on the airplane and to do instrument training as well? Keeping in mind that the King Air 350 requires a type rating, is a high performance aircraft, but is certified as single pilot. I may have follow up questions depending on the answers I get, but I hope my interpretation of the FCL is the same as yours...

BillieBob
10th Sep 2012, 09:02
A TRI(SPA) certificate will confer all of the privileges that you seek, assuming that the instrument training is limited to the renewel or revalidation of the IR and that the trainee is seeking to operate the aircraft on single-pilot operations. A TRI(SPA) may also instruct for a SPA type rating in multi pilot operations if he also holds an MCCI certificate or holds or has held a TRI certificate for multi-pilot aeroplanes.

If any instrument instruction other than that required for renewal/revalidation is to be conducted, an IRI certificate will also be required.

Defbond
1st Oct 2012, 17:30
TRI(SPA) is PART-FCL, what about for a member state that has decided to postpone implementing PART-FCL until 2013, under JAR-FCL wouldn't a CRI, SFI and IRI(A) suffice?

TRI was only for MPA under JAR and it would be impossible to get the license just flying the Beech, kind of like trying to get an ATPL on a King Air would not be possible because its not a MPA...