PDA

View Full Version : Topics for ME CRI lecturette

CKnopfell
28th Aug 2011, 18:37
Hi,

Could somebody suggest some topics for the ~30 minute lecturette for the ME CRI test.

I have

- Factors affecting controlability
- Factors affecting Vmca (much crossover between this and the first)
- Asymmetric blade effect and the critical engine
- Multi engine fuel systems (a bit short for 30 mins?)
- Multi engine electrical systems (again a bit short)

Any suggestions welcome.

Thanks for you help,

Carl.

S-Works
28th Aug 2011, 19:35
I did the critical engine one for mine. Simple enough to prepare and few gotchas!

Genghis the Engineer
28th Aug 2011, 19:52
My SE CRI lecture I did W&CG, which worked well and would be equally applicable to ME,unless you are limited to topics that *only* apply to ME?

G

Duchess_Driver
28th Aug 2011, 20:19
Standards 10 has a few more than your list.... Starting at Q225.

madlandrover
28th Aug 2011, 21:22
Mine was on what the rating is, how to get and keep it - particularly aimed at people hurrying through FTOs who get the rating with a CPL or pre-IR with little understanding of how to actually use it. A bit like the people who assume their PPL lapses after 2 years, often the same misconceptions, especially when it's combined with an IR but with different validity dates.

Trim Stab
31st Aug 2011, 11:05
I did a lecture on why some WW2 ground-attack twins (eg P-38 Lightning, Henschel 129) were built with supra-divergent rotational props so that BOTH engines were critical...

Examiner was very complimentary & said that he had actually learnt something new.

hugh flung_dung
1st Sep 2011, 11:38
Asymmetric theory - especially teaching the stude why a small amount of bank can make all the difference
Performance - SE ceiling, SE ROC, etc

I did a lecture on why some WW2 ground-attack twins (eg P-38 Lightning, Henschel 129) were built with supra-divergent rotational props so that BOTH engines were critical...
... and the answer is?

HFD

Whopity
13th Sep 2011, 09:29
... and the answer is?
A symmetrical solution to an asymmetric problem

Pilot DAR
13th Sep 2011, 11:01
I have found this: http://www.avhf.com/html/Library/Leave_Yourself_An_Out.pdf article to be an eye opener, and forwarded it to many friends