PDA

View Full Version : Good news CAA

Lister Noble
18th Mar 2011, 14:20
For once,good news re CAA/NPPL

My JAA PPL A is due to run out in May,I have been flying NPPL for a couple of years and wanted to renew as NPPL.
A couple of weeks ago I got the required forms signed by CFI but didn't send off everything they wanted,my fault for misreading checklist
They sent back a checklist highlighting what I needed to do.
I immediately returned requested info and today received my NPPL,which is for lifetime.

I reckon that's excellent service,and credit where credit is due.:)

Lister:D

Whopity
18th Mar 2011, 15:27
I immediately returned requested info and today received my NPPL,which is for lifetime.Not according to their latest publication (http://www.caa.co.uk/docs/33/EULegisationtheExpectedEffectsonUKPilots_v2_March%202011.pdf ) 8 April 2014 will mark the end of it.

Lister Noble
18th Mar 2011, 16:25
I fly Annex 2 ex miltary,so as far as I can see I am not affected unles I want to fly EASA stuff.

Echo Romeo
18th Mar 2011, 17:08
I fly Annex 2 ex miltary,so as far as I can see I am not affected unles I want to fly EASA stuff.

Thats how I understand it as well.

J.A.F.O.
18th Mar 2011, 17:17
I fly Annex 2 ex miltary,so as far as I can see I am not affected unles I want to fly EASA stuff.Thats how I understand it as wellYep, me too.

BillieBob
18th Mar 2011, 17:34
8 April 2014 will mark the end of it.No, it won't. The NPPL(A) SSEA, Microlight and SLMG will all continue for the foreseeable future and there is to be a new NPPL(H). All will, however, be valid only on Annex II aircraft.

Whopity
18th Mar 2011, 17:48
I think we should rename Annex II as EIAs EASA INCOMPETENCE AIRCRAFT

Lister Noble
18th Mar 2011, 21:10
JAFO and BB ,Spot on,I've read the whole file and reckon we will be OK.
:)
Lister (Annexe2) Noble;)

Malcom
19th Mar 2011, 09:19
I think we should rename Annex II as EIAs EASA INCOMPETENCE AIRCRAFT

Annex II types have (thus far) escaped EASAs incompetence, but EIA to designate EASA types would fit in nicely with other EASA acronyms - ELA1, ELA2, VPL :yuk: etc, etc .......

WelshHopper
19th Mar 2011, 10:54
No, it won't. The NPPL(A) SSEA, Microlight and SLMG will all continue for the foreseeable future and there is to be a new NPPL(H). All will, however, be valid only on Annex II aircraft.

BB,

Where can I get info on a NPPL(H)?

Cheers

WelshHopper :ok:

BEagle
19th Mar 2011, 12:33
The so-called 'NPPL(H)' is purely a CAA proposal and has nothing to do with any other NPPLs. It is their own invention to facilitate the flying of Annex II homebuilt helicopters for holders of the LAPL(H).

See p7 of 35 in the CAA's .pdf

Sir George Cayley
19th Mar 2011, 23:22
Now where's those plans for me Rotorway Exec?

C

FantomZorbin
20th Mar 2011, 08:41
Lister ... Annex2? Had you down as more of a Lean2!

...... hat, coat ...!

Lister Noble
20th Mar 2011, 10:30
I wish I was leaner too;)

Do you still get to OB?
:)