PDA

View Full Version : B-RNAV - what is required for compliance?

Balkanhawk
1st Sep 2010, 11:47
Hi all,

What technical/operational certifications are required so that an aircraft complies with B-RNAV requirements?

I am researching the possibility of upgrading one of our light twins. I am finding it very hard to find any technical documents on the subject.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

PBL
1st Sep 2010, 12:07
I am finding it very hard to find any technical documents on the subject.

To the contrary, there seem to be lots of them. Try Google "eurocontrol b-rnav". It yields, amongst other things, the requirements: EUROCONTROL - Requirements for civil aircraft (http://www.eurocontrol.int/avionics/public/standard_page/16_Avionics_civil.html)

PBL

autobrakes3
1st Sep 2010, 12:19
Hmmm it depends on the aircraft type doesn't it? like the minimum equipment for a 777 is 1 FMC, 1CDU, ADIRU, 1 VOR and 1 DME plus 2 NDs. Whereas for the 330 its 1 FMGS, 2 MCDU, 2 IRS, 2 DME or 2 VOR/DME or 2 GPS etc etc...

BOAC
1st Sep 2010, 16:35
Balkan - yes, it is not easy to find. I have a link to a CAA paper estimating costs per hull if you wish it.but other than trawling the likes of Bendix King or Garmin's website or speaking to an avionics installer I cannot find the details you seek. I'm sure you know about FL95? You obviously would, however, wish to 'future proof' the a/c.