PDA

View Full Version : SIM check and training session done by the same instructor/examiner...

galleypower
20th Jul 2010, 20:12
Just wondering what the regulations in your country (Europe only) are: Say you are scheduled for an LPC which includes a Training Session and a Check Session in the flight simulator. Can both sessions be done by the same person, i.e. the examiner?
JAR-FCL 1.030 (d) prohibits such practice but authorities can make exemptions. How is your CAA handling this case?

BillieBob
21st Jul 2010, 07:34
JAR-FCL 1.030 (d) prohibits such practiceNo, it doesn't. JAR-FCL 1.030 (d) prevents an examiner from giving instruction "for the licence or rating", i.e. for initial issue and not for revalidation/renewal. JAR-FCL 1 does not mandate any refresher training prior to an LPC and, therefore, any such training is in excess of and not subject to JAR-FCL 1 requirements.

galleypower
28th Jul 2010, 19:41
Good point! I never looked at it this way! I am not a native English speaker so...Would someone else comment on this case maybe?

What makes it also kinda strange to understand to not allow such trainings by the examiner is this: What if you do the training e.g. two weeks before the check, then it would basically be allowed...What is the minimum time frame which has to pass to allow training / checking by the same person?

Ibis
1st Aug 2010, 20:24
Yes, it can be done!

we doing it all the time, just did it last week.

Not valid for LST, or any initial training! but for recurrent training following an LPC

+TSRA
2nd Aug 2010, 10:44
In Canada, under normal circumstances, the examiner cannot have had anything to do with the students training (save for other check rides). However,it can be done where the ACP (Approved Check Pilot) applies for a "One-Time Exemption" from Transport Canada with sufficient notice (5 Business Days in non-emergency situations) with a basic reason why a second ACP holder cannot conduct the ride.