PDA

View Full Version : Life Insurance

expedite08
30th Jun 2009, 17:35
Evening all,

Can I ask who you are all with for your Life Insurance Policy, and if you can recommend any Companies out there. Ive had a sniff round Direct Line and also Legal and General and both want in excess of £40 per month!!! :mad:

Surely there has to be some better deals about, or are we all being ripped off like this?? ( im a young fit male with no smoking or drinking habits either, with a valid class 1)

Any help would be much appreciated.

Cheers

bartonflyer
30th Jun 2009, 19:00
Why not ask yourself "do I really want/need life insurance"? Haven't had any for 30 odd years - saved a fortune - paid off the mortgage with the premiums!

acoulson
30th Jun 2009, 19:52
Expedite08, check your PMs,
Andy

Airbus Girl
30th Jun 2009, 21:24
Try BALPA Financial Services?

Kiltie
1st Jul 2009, 13:11
Did the life insurance thing some years back then woke up to the fact I was throwing money away. IMHO it's a good idea if you have a wife and kids to support who don't want to be left with the burden of a mortgage and no income if you meet with your doom; but if you have no dependants, what's the point?

140KIAS
1st Jul 2009, 17:58
Before you buy check out cash back sites such as quidco. I got £160 cash back for a short term life insurance policy with Legal and General.

Also think about the term you need. When we started our family I was duped into whole of life which is going to pay out eventually and therefore costs loads more. In reality I only needed term cover until my dependants had left and mortgage etc paid off. For the same premiums I can get much more cover.

A good IFA can advise - however you wont get the cashback that way !