PDA

View Full Version : Qatar Airways Wannabes & Recruitment I

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

wannabecc
30th Jul 2008, 02:09
Is anyone going to these interviews on Sat Aug 2, 2008

Cabin Crew Job Search | Qatar Airways (http://www.qatarairways.com/global/en/jobs/hr_cabincrew_applynow.html)

Cabin Crew - Recruitment Campaign in Toronto, Canada-AIR000CA
Description

Is the working environment of a 9 to 5 routine something you would like to make a thing of the past?

Our Cabin Crew will testify that it's not just a job, but a way of life. The work can be demanding and strenuous but very rewarding. Hours of work can vary, and include weekends, nights and public holidays.

If you have what it takes and enjoy the freedom and responsibility of using your own initiative, carry out your responsibilities with confidence and minimal supervision, have a high level of personal presentation, possess excellent communication skills, and above all be attentive to individual client needs, then working for Qatar Airways could be the career for you.
We are one of the fastest growing airlines in the world with an expanding route network covering the Middle East, Far East, Africa, Asia, Europe and America, with a modern fleet of A300, A319, A320, A321, A330 and A340 aircrafts. We are soaring to greater heights by way of expansion and progress and we are based in Doha, a modern commercial centre and growing tourist destination.

Benefits
As you would expect from one of the world's best Middle-Eastern airlines, the rewards and benefits are excellent. Here is just a taste:
· Competitive TAX-FREE package
· Company provided furnished sharing accommodation
· Medical insurance
· Generous airline travel discounts
· Promising career prospects and personal development opportunities
This is a career opportunity to earn an excellent remuneration package, travel the world and be a flying ambassador for Qatar Airways.

To be considered for this opportunity, you need to meet the following:
· Minimum age of 20 years
· Minimum arm reach of 212 cms (on tip toes)
· Minimum high school education/ O levels, with fluency in written and spoken English (ability to speak other languages is an asset)
· An excellent level of health and fitness
· A willingness to relocate to Doha, Qatar
· An outgoing personality, good interpersonal skills and the ability to work in a multi-national team environment

Please apply online attaching:
· An updated resume
· One recent passport and full-length colour photograph against a plain (avoid white) background
· The dress code for the photographs is as follows:
Females: Business suit with knee-length skirt
Hair must be neat and tied back if long
Males: Business suit, shirt and tie
(Photo Format: Stand facing the camera, with one foot slightly forward, hands relaxed by
the sides and a warm open smile)
· The images in the following formats: JPG/JPEG or GIF. (Note: Do keep the size below 50KB).

Kindly note that selected candidates may be required to attend further interview processes over consecutive days. We would also like to inform you that all expenses and arrangements related to you attending any Cabin Crew Recruitment Processes would be borne / made by you.

Job

Cabin Crew
Primary Location

Intra Gulf-Qatar-Doha
Organization

Airline Services
Schedule

Full-time
Job Level

Individual Contributor
Education Level

High School Diploma/GED/O levels (±11 years)
Job Type

Standard
Shift

Shift work/Roster

Send this job to a friend

Send this job description to a friend by email. All the relevant details will be included in the message.Send this job to a friend (https://qatarairways.taleo.net/careersection/10000/jobdetail.ftl#)

Capt Krunch
30th Jul 2008, 04:48
any western Cabin Crew will not last here, most never even complete the training.. this is why most all the QA cabin crew are asian.. QA has no north american crew and as for south americans.. they manage to keep only less than 5% of those who come.. and europeans, nearly none

does that tell you something, unlike the other rival airlines in the area QA can only keep the best of what any 3rd world country has to offer.. the rest know better and are not feeding the entire families back home from their meager under paid salary.

EYner
31st Jul 2008, 09:36
Well i worked for QR, and i could not take it, i resigned. Believe me if you go there you will regret it, try to go for another airline in the region, etihad or emirates. Think about it a lots, cause people don't stay in there even for training. The management is strict, you will have the worst days of your lives. That is my advice, but if you don't mind it's up to you. I have no friends left in there anymore because everybody resigned.

Take care !

Londonlads
31st Jul 2008, 13:51
Agree. They are a crappy airline when it comes to looking after their straff! Constant threats, reports, resignations, demotions, a lot of backstabbing... the list goes on and on!

Do yourself a favour and don't go!

wannabecc
1st Aug 2008, 04:19
Thanks for the update :eek:...I'm actually not interested in the field right now, but just thought i'd share....I think I need to change my username to wantedtobecc :)

Would like to hear from those who did go, about the outcome.

Wango Z Tango
1st Aug 2008, 07:23
just do a search on Qatar Airways.. there you'll find hours of stories..

what ever you do.. stay away from that place.

flyboi86
9th Aug 2008, 13:01
Does anyone know if QR reference check ?

Londonlads
9th Aug 2008, 18:24
When you go to DOH, you need to bring with you "satisfactory references" to them.

flyboi86
9th Aug 2008, 20:36
Have you or do you work for Qatar ? I'm waiting to hear back from them do they get back to you quite quickly coz they say 2-3 weeks
Re Ref:
Do they call any ref before they offer you the job ?
When they recieve them do they them call or follow them up ?
What sort of reference do they want just dates of employment etc coz most companies wont give anything out except that you worked there and thats it no comment on anything else?

Cheers for your help
:-)

irishbecky
14th Aug 2008, 20:17
Hi Flybio86, did you get the job?? Were you at LGW on Aug. 2nd??

Londonlads
15th Aug 2008, 20:48
Can't actually believe that there are people willing to go there. Biggest mistake ever!

irishbecky
21st Aug 2008, 20:40
Hi Lads...I know after all your good advise!!! Trouble is that the airlines in the U.K are in such a sorry state at the moment and if you really want to start flying at the moment you simply have to go elsewhere. I'm in the pool for bmi but I could be waiting for months and months...B.A, Virgin ditto...life's too short....I'm giving it my best shot!! But thanks for everything!

leecronje
14th Sep 2008, 15:49
Hi there

I wanna apply for Qatar but havent heard such great things about working for them so just wanna see if its true.

If anyone that works for Qatar can help me out i really appreciate it :)

kind regards

lee

EYner
15th Sep 2008, 22:19
I worked for Qatar airways for almost 4 years, so i can advice that it's not a good experience, people are not happy in there, it made me stay thta period just because i had to pay off my loan, so as soon as i paied it i did resign ... so whoever wanna join qatar just think before ...

cheers !

leecronje
17th Sep 2008, 18:02
hi there

Gee whiz hey it does sound bad!!but why was it so bad??I heard funny stuff with cameras above your room doors and stuff but is it that bad??they kinda my last resort so think i should give it a try cause i cant really afford to wait 6months for etihad or emirates. what u think??

thanks for the reply

regards,
lee

Der absolute Hammer
18th Sep 2008, 07:19
leecronje

Afrikaans?
Passenger many times on Qatar. Europe Doha(Premium route) and Doha on........
I will say this.....
The Mayalasian cabin crew behave as though they are terrified so say anything.
The female Arab (Qatar) cabin crews are the most nasty group of attendants ever found on any airline. The male crew and ground people are pretty okay. But all the women, in air or ground, behave like dictators - even if one is flying First Class!
This is not only me. I have seen other FC pax treated like camel dung.
Have totally nothing good to say about Qatar Arways except that sometimes schedule suits me and have to go with them.
There is much written in Prune about them.

Londonlads
18th Sep 2008, 18:39
QR is by far the most evil airline in the world!

Good luck to all of those in Europe who have successfully been recruited by them! Prepare yourself to make the largest mistake in your life!

Yumi
24th Sep 2008, 18:23
Does anyone know appoximately how many people showed up in London open day in August? I am planning to go there next week.

Londonlads
24th Sep 2008, 19:40
I heard around 200 people turned up for the open day. After all the eliminations around 15 people stayed for the final interview.

irishbecky
24th Sep 2008, 21:02
Hey you are spot on 200 turned up and after three days of assessments and interviews there were 15 of us.....your information is correct about that one, I am on my knees praying that things have changed since you were there though. I leave on Friday.....I am a nervous wreck :hmm:

apaddyinuk
24th Sep 2008, 21:21
Becky, I would really REALLY reconsider your decision to go. Nothing has changed, in fact it is now worse then ever. My father has just retired from them and not a moment too soon. I still have friends in DOH from my time flying with them and I receive regular reports. Not to mention that I seem to get more than my fair share of DOH trips with my current airline so I get to hear it first hand too.

I was lucky in Qatar that when I joined I was recruited following a campaign in Ireland. Most of us came from Aer Lingus and other irish airlines and in general we all got on like a house on fire. But as soon as we realised the sort of airline we were hired into it was a slow death from there onwards, first one would leave, then the next, then a few would hand in their notice and finally there where hardly any Irish left from the original group. I was one of the last to leave and that was after only 16 months.

You may be able to work without letting the flights get to you but your day to day life in Doha is what really effects people. You are living within the airline, all the gossip regardless of whether you believe any of it still drags you down, there is no way to get away from any of it. And Doha, lets face it, its not the playground of the world! It is so small by international standards and everything you do is noted by someone and fed back. You cant fart in the country without "the chief" hearing about it!

It seems wild and exciting but the novelty wears off and then the reality of your decision sets in. You will then realise that it is a lot harder to get out of the place then it was to get in but the want to get out will far FAR outweigh your current want to get in!!

Londonlads
24th Sep 2008, 21:57
Spot on!

I was there between 1999 and 2001 and it was pretty much relaxed as to what it is today. I also still have friends down there and get a couple of interesting updates occassionally. These days they've got curfew for visitors and a certain time you need to be home before your flight. I also think they've got a certain time you need to be at home, even if you've got the day after off. It's a really nice package!

Also, another wonderful thing is if being naughty, for instance being late home or doing anything disciplinary (which more or less everything in QR is), they love to punish you by not granting any exit permits for a couple of months, to teach you a nice lesson!

It's not worth the hassle. Stay where you are.

81pilota
26th Sep 2008, 12:24
OMG, I can´t believe what I´m reading... Curfew and not giving you exit permit... I just got an interview with them for an office position in Dubai. Do you know if it´s the same there... ???? I am not looking for another mom and sure don´t want my company to act like one....
I would be really grateful for any kind of info I can get before I head off....
And info about Dubai as well if you know anything about it.
Living cost, people, traveling, party etc. ???

KANELA
26th Sep 2008, 13:55
Hi everyone, i was working for qatar airways such a short time, just 2 months...........nothing!!!!
i just finished training and done one observer flight and i was terminated...........reason: smoking at home!!most of my bathmates smoked and arrived home at 5.00 night, and nothing happened, but i was unlucky, despite bad feedback of this airline i strongly reccommend to go there... just for the experience, if you don´t like, you can apply for many airlines in the Gulf: etihad, emirates, gulf air, oman air, wattaniya, fly dubai, air arabia...........so many!!!!
for me, it was the most incredible and amazing experience in my life but i was unlucky, and the Chief doesn´t forgive so easy!!
i just been recruited by Gulf Air, i hope be lucky this time.....
:ok:

Londonlads
26th Sep 2008, 22:35
It's different if you are working at an outstation office.

Of course you can go to DOH. But my personal opinion is that it's not worth the hassle and they can definitely cause a lot of trouble for you! I witnessed a huge amount of horrible things down there which weren't either human or fair. It doesn't necessary have to be actions that are taken but as little as comments. A couple of years ago, a very hard working CSD (no previous flying experience and was promoted to CSD within two and half years from joining the company. Unblemished service record.) resigned. She resigned and was later in the afternoon asked to come into the HQ, only to be told by the CCM that she took the right decision by resigining as they were looking into getting rid of "certain" CSD's.

Go against any of their many written (and unwritten) regulations and you will find yourself in a huge mess.

simone511
27th Sep 2008, 03:04
Hi everyone,

After reading all this, I don't think I'll apply to Qatar, but can anyone tell me if it's the same over all of the Middle Eastern airlines? (Mainly Emirates and Etihad).

I know it would be different to what you get in Australia, but are all airlines quite controlling, or it it just Qatar?

81pilota
28th Sep 2008, 14:43
Could you tell me more about working for QR at an outstation office??? if some of you have the experience??? btw. thanx Londonlads for the info :)

leecronje
29th Sep 2008, 13:30
hey all

I didnt make it into Emirates, Etihad and Qatar!!!What next???do i keep trying or just give up or what???there are no other airlines that recruit from south africa so what am i to do :uhoh:

any suggestions. Im beginning to loose hope!!!

regards
lee

KANELA
29th Sep 2008, 16:48
hi leecronje,
i think nobody will tell you give up, never!!!
sometimes, even if you are so good, you are not succesful in a interview. what happened to you is normal, is life, i know is hard, but you are just 22... you have time enough until 30!!
i already made 11 interviews, 6 of them succesful and i worked in 2 different airlines..
for example, emirates, i made 4 interviews, the first one i passed through all stages and the other 3 i was cut out in the second stage, i mean you never know...... it is very subjective
i made great interviews and however i was not selected......... other times i thought: oh god, i will not get this job and i got it.....!!!
just take your time and learn about your mistakes, especially in this kind of interviews try to be humble, sweet, and just talk not too much, not too quiet, the right word at the right time, answer just what they ask................. and try to keep informed about the next interviews dates in south africa..
:)

captdl757
29th Sep 2008, 18:47
Just received invitation for a pre-assessment interview as NTR Capt position. Do you know how the assessment is conducted?

jordan_tatyana
30th Sep 2008, 14:45
Hey guys, just wanted to ask abt the open day this Saturday the 4th - do you have to receive some sort of invitation from the airline to be able to attend the event?I'm really interested in going but I just dnt know what to expect.

Pls let me know

Thanks - Tatyana

leecronje
1st Oct 2008, 04:18
hi there

I just attended a open day on sunday and you do not have to be invited to attend it. They will just inform you about the job and living in Doha. It is necessary to take along with you a resume in english, a passport size photo and a full length photo in business attire smiling. They will then call you that eve to tell you whether or not you must come back for the assessment day which is generally the following day.

Out of 400 people at the open day, less than 40 were invited to our assessment day so make sure that resume is good.

Best of luck

regards
lee

leecronje
1st Oct 2008, 04:20
oh and i forgot to mention that you have to be the age of 20 when you apply because of the flying licence and being able to serve alcohol.

hope you come right

regards lee

jordan_tatyana
1st Oct 2008, 17:26
thank you very much, that helped a lot!!!(im just going to stick to uni lol)

x x x x

airfly_guy
2nd Nov 2008, 02:22
I met a couple of EY and EK crew and they said that QR is very cheap when it comes to choosing Hotels for they crew on lay-overs. Common now,Airport Hotels?? WTF?? What is that... I know one thing's for sure... that's true... everybody believes that QR Management is cost cutting when it comes to giving the best for their crew. No wonder a lot of their crew are leaving the company and joining other company such as EY,EK or even JET and Kingfisher in which they are offering way much more benefits for their crew.
I believe that QR has to re-think how they take care of their crew.

What do you think guys??

roger reed
2nd Nov 2008, 10:20
with the current crisis most of the world is facing i think you should be grateful qr has not reduced salaries by 30% like jet has!! or sacked crew without notice because they cant cope up with the expenditure.
moreover qr does not put up their crew in crappy hotels. most of the hotels crew stay in are common with other airlines . and hey if u think about it one rather stay in a crappy hotel than have a chunk reduced of the salary or be forced to voluntary retirement. thank god the airline doesnt have financial issues like the others have.:=

loc22550
2nd Nov 2008, 13:17
Roger reed;
No need to reduce the salary in Qr by 30%...it reduces by itself!
The last 4..5 years our salary has been devaluated by more than 40% due to the peg of the riyal/U$, and so the devaluation of the Qatari riyal v/s other major currencies!
Q.R doesn't have financial issue yet,so what..does it means it's a great airline to work for...?!:= Sure they have others important issues...!!

Around the world
2nd Nov 2008, 18:42
pleaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaase airfly guy!!!
first maybe i agree with u that some of our crew left to EK or EY but don't tell us that some qatar airways crew they are leaving to jet or kingfisher:ugh:!!! because half of our crew are from jet airways!!!! i'm qatar airways crew and i'm flying with them everyday:oh:.....
second: 85% of the hotels that we stay in are 5 stars hotels!!!
roger reed ur 100% right about what u wrote:ok:!! thx

Capt Krunch
2nd Nov 2008, 19:09
Around the world
don't be so quick to talk.. I too work there, and look out for the new Brit tag team managment who ARE changing the standards of our hotles from 5 to 3 star.. example.. JNB.. also no more crew in the Marriot LHR.
our tag team britt managment are trying to run this place like a discount airline.:ugh:

apaddyinuk
2nd Nov 2008, 22:56
Air_fly_guy,

Were you not one of the people a few years ago who came on here asking for information about what its like to work for QR and despite being told EXACTLY what its like by many a poor sod like myself who saw the light and ditched the place to the vultures you still protested "it cant be that bad, I really really want to work for Qatar Airways"!!!????

The only way things well get better in Qatar is if people just stop applying to work for them! Although sadly that will never happen as there are always despots out there willing to pimp themselves out to Akbar just for the sake of "being cabin crew"!

Emma Gemma
3rd Nov 2008, 18:06
It's not that easy to go from QR to EK or EY. Even going to another airline can be extremely hard as they have wonderful little regulations that forbids you from leaving the country without the proper permission! Also on a fair note. Many crew from 9W go to QR! Also keep in mind 9W wasn't too fair on the crew a couple of weeks ago when they dismissed their contracts and asked them not to come back!

People will never stop applying and accepting the conditions with QR. The management also knows of this and is very much pleased! QR is performing a huge recruitment drive through Australia and Europe, after a long recruitment freeze on these continents, and it's sad to see that many enthusiastic people will be wasting their time and money to go there. I spoke to a guy a couple of weeks ago and he only laughed and said it can't be that bad when I told him what I, and many other crew, had to go through down there. Best of luck to him as he is down there doing his training!

A bit of Western influence in the airline will only do good. It has been managed poorly the last few years!

loc22550
4th Nov 2008, 03:57
recruitment in Australia&europe...!?:E
Qr tried already a few years back(australia)...they all left this place after a couple of weeks...:}

airfly_guy
4th Nov 2008, 05:16
I strongly believe that u have mistaken me from somebody := coz one fact is i know how Qatar Airways was even before i joined. And i know for a fact that it wasn't like this a long time ago... it was way cooler to work with Qatar Airways:cool:. But I will say no more.... if you are working for the company for a long time,you would have figured out how it was then before compared to how it is now...;)

And for those people saying that we are being placed in a 5 star hotel... Common guys!!! Are your eyes open? :ugh: Most of the hotels that Qr is staying is either near the airport or at the airport.... Who cares about other airline staying at the same hotel? You are working for this airline... aren't you not?:rolleyes:
Many years back,we all stay in great and amazing hotels,long lay-overs... and for those some of you,don't you think that way back then... being a so called "flight attendant" was the most dreamt job in the world... highly fashionable as i may recall... but now,we are not even part of the "best airline uniform" in the airline industry ( as per YouTube )... come to think of it...EY is just a "baby" in this line of business and yet they are part of the "best Airline Uniform".

airfly_guy
4th Nov 2008, 05:48
What in the world were they thinking?? :confused: They kept on promoting people from one position to another and yet we are the ones suffering on board. F1's flying as F2's,CS's flying as F1's,CSD's flying as CS's?? And some of them even have the letters for their promotion yet still waiting for the real promotion... :hmm::suspect:

And what about this people who are promoted and doesn't even know a single thing :ooh:. I mean... common you guys?? :hmm: There are some f2's who are being promoted to f1's for only 6mos to a year... barely in economy... just because they have what... 6mos to 2years working in their previous company?? Hello... think about it?! There are more people who deserves to be promoted because they know their stuff very well that even if they are still sleeping they know their things and they have been with the company and knows the s.o.p.'s of the company than the new ones. Even the new CS's and CSD's... common, how do they choose people who to promote? Is it because of race and nationality? Or probably past flying experience? Or maybe their exceptional file that is clean and way up? Or probably because they have reported somebody,kissed ***,or like a common joke around... a "draw from the fish bowl"? Believe me, some of them... or should i say most of them doesn't know their "TRUE" work load and responsibilities,some do power tripping,and most of them are lazy b****rds... Guys seriously... check how you promote people and tell me that I am wrong :hmm:

And talk about this f1's trainings... like duh?!:confused: Are you sure this newly promoted guys knows their stuff really well? Because its not what it seems up there. They pretend they know their stuffs but once asked,they don't even know what to do... what is that??:{

All i can say is " BRAVO... THANKS FOR MAKING OUR LIVES MISERABLE UP THERE. EXCELLENT JOB GUYS :ok:!!!" No wonder QR's standards is going down when it comes to service and hospitality... :D:D:D

Little_Red_Hat
4th Nov 2008, 06:22
Many years back,we all stay in great and amazing hotels,long lay-overs... and for those some of you,don't you think that way back then... being a so called "flight attendant" was the most dreamt job in the world...

QR might not be the best but a lot of other airlines are not as good as they used to be... in fact I would guess NONE are as 'good as they used to be'!!! :}

Emma Gemma
4th Nov 2008, 12:33
They are also recruiting for crew in America and Canada!

Airfly guy, on a fair note. The "Best airline uniform" as per Youtube. It's an internet site. What does it really mean? Nothing! The layovers were also years ago longer but for an obvious reason. The flight schedules weren't that frequent. Most airlines do 24 hour layover these days. Virgin Atlantic, Emirates, British Airways (with some exceptions).

I have only heard of CSDs being called out to operate on A320.

Promotion in QR has never been fair! This hasn't changed at all! They treat you as if you were in kindergarten and don't let you perform your duties properly. Quick promotion happens if you are a teller. If not, then your promotion will be very slow. I doubt previous experience doesn't matter that much! I remember some people, no experience, being promoted over people who had been flying for years in previous companies! And for seniors not nothing their stuff as you say is because of training and that they don't allow you to do your job! Seniors suffer a lot! It's very hard to have good seniors when the turnover of crew is so high. What company would do a disciplinary action on you for not cleaning the whiteboard properly after briefing?!

Capt Krunch
14th Nov 2008, 15:42
speaking of whats fair or not.. I believe the starting pay for a F2 is around 3700.QR .. that in itself is roughly 1000 USD per month (x 3.65).. so very low I could hardly imagine anyone living on that.. but that asside, the companies CS (Cabin Senior) position recieves a staggering basic salary of 5000.QR (can you detect the sarcasm)... having said all that, do you believe it's fair for the NEW American, Canadian, UK hires to make 7000.QR as a basic salary in a F2 position, just because the company knows they cannot hang on to western crew and trying to buy loyalty with money while the rest of the hard working guys and girls get the shaft... again.:mad:

yuriftjx
19th Nov 2008, 15:43
Qatar airways really sucks not only downgrading hotel accomodation to airport hotels nowsaday but cabin crew's accomodation in Doha as well. Before i joined QR i was from an UAE airline but i regretted that i left my previous airline to join QR. In my previous airline, majority of our apartments are 2 bedrooms and we have our own individual bathroom but in QR we all stay in 3 bedrooms apartment and some units have only one bathroom n three of us need to share it .It is so unhygenic, inconvenient and no privacy especially we need to use it at the same time before a flight.Moreover we are not allow to choose our housemate or choose which buliding that we want to stay but in my previous airline YES. Not only that, we can go and have a look first the building b4 we decide.Furthermore our buildings all are strategically located near corniche, shopping malls, restaurants, hotels and convenienve stores are plenty downstair our building but in QR if you don't have a car you can't go anywhere n the private taxi will charge you a lot.In QR visitors needs to leave crew's apt at 10pm but my ex co at 1am. Cabin manager has own apartment no need to share but QR even you are CM u need to share.ID 90 n 50 tickets are meant for immediate family members but my ex co we can give to anyone that we want. WE are given discounts in F&B in hotels, restaurants n pubs BUT in QR nothing at all.QR Standby if no call you will have nothing but my ex co we will get PAID. ABB wants not only to cut cost by putting all his crew at airport hotels but also wants to control our social life even out of base because we can't party in the city anymore by staying at airport hotel :(

flyguy901
19th Nov 2008, 17:53
poor you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

3 people 1 bathroom stop the press!!!!!! lol

worst things happening in the world

Emma Gemma
20th Nov 2008, 10:42
I can't see anything new with that. Even when I was there, and I left some five years ago, we couldn't decide the person we wanted to stay with. It was also more or less impossible to change building and the person you were staying with.

Why did you go from an airline in the UAE to QR? Didn't you do any proper research or were you one of those people thinking QR can't possibly be that bad?

yuriftjx
20th Nov 2008, 14:59
It depends. Some people are allowed to change as you said b4 QR has never been fair.Before i joined Qr, i had heard so many negative stories from ex QR crew that joined my previous airline but i had no choice because in EY and EK they will not take back those who resigned even your record is clean and good However only one thing gd about QR is they will consider to take you back even you have betrayed QR because QR is always short of crew. Moreover i didn't expect the accomodation standard in QR is lower than my former airline.:ugh:That is why i hardly see any crew from UAE in QR even the inter gulf carrier policy stated that they will not take each other crew member unless the crew has served at least a year .I can only see many QR and GF crew joining EY and a few joining EK because EK is really tough to get in even you hv experience.I would say EK has the best salary and the best crew welfare. EY is the best for promotions and fast track,experieced crew after 6 months take a test then can become CSD. AS for QR, maybe you stand a better chance if you are indian???Pls correct me if i am wrong:oh: As you can see majority of management staff are indian in QR,especially our Cabin Crew Heads one bald indian and one sri lankan.Honestly speaking some of them r nice people.Sometimes i feel that i am working 4 an indian airline instead.
In conclusion. if you want quality of life and happiness in ur job go 4 some other airlines if you have a choice.because QR treats us like a servant rather than an asset.Take u more personally oh yeah.

Emma Gemma
20th Nov 2008, 15:59
If you have a good service record I can't see any problem returning to either Emirates or Etihad Airways. A couple of friends of mine have done this!

Promotions in QR are not by any means fair. Saying you need to be an Indian national to be promoted is not fair as most of their SCCM seem to be from the Far East! I managed to become CSD within three years. I'm from Europe and played everything fairly!

yuriftjx
20th Nov 2008, 16:50
I said maybe as an Indian you will stand a better chance since the manangement majority are almost Indian can you explain why is it like this? Have u met the new vice president of cabin services? U already left 5 years ago right?

TightSlot
20th Nov 2008, 18:31
Please do not use text speak and check minimum grammar & punctuation standards before posting

irishbecky
20th Nov 2008, 18:38
Maybe I have misunderstood what you are saying but I can assure you that F2's recruited from the U.K, Canada, Australia or wherever do not get 7,000 riyals p.c.m Just the normal 3,750 plus hfp and ma!!

tankerz
28th Nov 2008, 11:59
i heard that those who are from the UK, US, etc. get the same basic salary as F2s but they get extra additional allowance or of some sort that makes their salary higher as compared to the rest. true?

irishbecky
30th Nov 2008, 09:29
No, not true. Unless it's the best kept secret in Q.R!!! When you weigh up what it costs to live close enough to LHR to operate out of there then the M.E airlines aren't as bad as people perceive. All accommodation is included, you have no utility bills, you have transport to and from duty, uniform is dry cleaned for nothing....it all adds up. So on top of basic, hfp and ma it's not so bad. Put another way it's a sight better than Virgin..now I really don't understand how those guys live in London, I know one girl who has a second job!!!! Imagine!!!!

Emma Gemma
30th Nov 2008, 14:20
Still, I think it's probably far better to work for VS than QR!!! That so called "life" you have down there can so easily be taken from you for silly reasons!

Levis_
30th Nov 2008, 18:42
Hi Guys,

I urgnetly need some information regarding the Qatar Airways Open Days, Preliminary and Final interviews, what to expect, possible questions etc, I will be flying down to Cape Town to attend the assesment this weekend Sat, 6th Dec. But would just like some info to form a base:) Oh and what should I wear to the Open Day?

Please don't get negative about the airline or tell me how bad it is etc .. please stay on point and offer me information if that is not possible please do not respond:)

Thanx in advance.

agungOMA
1st Dec 2008, 05:09
Hello there..

Based on my experience, on the 1st day, the applicants came and gathered together. Then the recruitment team did some presentation about the airlines, there was question and answer session..After all that, we presented our CV to the recruiter..then i u lucky enough, they will call u by the end of the day to invite u to attend further recruitment process..

What to wear?? Hmmm..business attire, neat and tidy in professional manner..And pleaseeeee be on time...

So..i hope it will help...GOOD LUCK!!!!!

enquiry
1st Dec 2008, 05:56
the interview isn't that bad.. don't fret. they normally open some gorup discussions & exercises & an english exam following which is the one on one. be open, calm & confident. prepare yourself for ''why do want to fly?. & smile.

irishbecky
1st Dec 2008, 14:00
Well I don't know what you mean really, have you flown for Q.R or are you just listening to the gossip? I kind of resent the "life" quote....it's a great life with routes that are hard to beat, good crews...it's hard work but nobody should join any airline thinking that it will be anything else. I would rather be living this life than one of abject poverty just to wear the red...I've never understood the prestige that seems to be attached to Virgin, but each to their own I suppose because there are many like you who can't understand what I do.

midox_twix
1st Dec 2008, 19:38
After final interview qatar airways member said that they will send the answer by emails after 21 days maximum , the question is " the people who reach final interview and thier documents sent to the main department on Doha accepted for this job or not yet " ? and how much % that they will be accepted ?

funyans
1st Dec 2008, 20:34
I would recommend you to be patient and just for your info i´ll explain my case. I attended Qatar´s open day in Madrid in October, went through to the final interview and 2 days later got the call to ask me to proceed with my medical examinations. One week after that i got another call asking me to wait and putting me on hold. Finally three weeks after I received an e-mail thanking me for my time and interest and wishing me the best of lucks in my future endeavours.
Every one of us who made ot through to that final interview remained and still are in contact so i can tell you theres people in my same situation there are some already there and some still waiting for a trip date having had everything approoved.
I just truly wish you the best of lucks and i hope none of this unprofessional treatment is given to you because none of us deserve it.
Having said that and from the feed back i get from those who made it to Doha, be prepared for harsh living conditions and be smart as untill you finish your training you can be rejected.
Truly best of lucks in any case. if you need more info contact me and please kepp the thread updated :)

ITO
2nd Dec 2008, 00:02
And what about it now?

I must say, to accommodate new joiners, it all depends on there needs, there planning, there available training rooms and instructors. I’ve been through all these different process, I’ve seen it by my eyes, and in my case it was straight forward: Finale Interview, medical, contract signed, I already knew my departure date to DOH, there was no delay, and everything went perfectly well, without any nasty surprise.

Working with Qatar is a challenge that will improves you as a person. You’ll discover your limit, and you’ll know until which point you can go. Some will enjoy the ride, others less, and some others will quite or jump ship somewhere. And that happened so many times! There are lots of negative points that you may read concerning QR in PPrun, and yes some are perfectly true, but some are quite exaggerated also, like saying it’s a harsh living: I won’t agree with that. It all depends on how you see things, your personality, and how you conceder life! If you can’t take 45C°, 80% humidity, discipline ( even if it’s a stupid discipline most of the time, like if we were kids ), long flight, difficult passengers, then you may find it harsh. It’s different then Madrid, and expect a change in your life. However, if you are an easy going person, ready for challenges and adventures, and having a goal in your life, then I would say that you’ll be in the right place. I’ve been there for few years and know quite a lot about the company, so I think that I know what I am talking about.

I can say that today, QR needs a lot’s of crew, and for those who have been taken, they will definitely get back to you. Just be patient, and get ready for some serious stuff, and like everything it has it’s positive, and negative side, all depending on what you want : So get the most of it, and then if you want, you can get out of there.

That was my two S’ns !

irishbecky
2nd Dec 2008, 11:29
Hooray for ITO at last somebody who speaks the truth!!! How can anybody say that the living conditions are harsh??? What does that mean??? They provide new fully furnished and equipped apartments all paid for including utility bills, the weather is gorgeous, the crews are great, the training is hard and it is strict but what?? you think that it should be easy and that just anybody could get through?? No they have a standard that you must reach that's why they are a respected airline in the industry!! Anyway, to answer your question I do not know anybody who had the same misfortune with the recruitment process, they were very professional and communication was fantastic. You are not over all the hurdles until you have completed your observation flights and I can't see why anybody would be surprised to know that if you don't make the grade you can be sent home...of course...it means you failed the course!!! What is wrong with people??? I think you'll find all airlines are the same the training is serious. Very best of luck, be open minded, willing to work hard, respect the fact that you are a guest in someone else's country and you will be fine!! No Doha is not Madrid, Paris or London but why would anybody expect it to be???

ITO
2nd Dec 2008, 14:37
Yes, it’s not Madrid, or any other place, it’s simply Doha, and Doha is in the middle of the desert, where few years ago, there was nothing. So talking about weather, you’ve got a clear moody sky cause of all the dust/send that is lifted by wind, which is a natural effect, so ones has to expect a very hot humid (proximity of Doha to the Persian Gulf) conditions, and think about that before going there, and if you can take it. It tends however to get quite cold during winter and that’s once again due to the country location.

Harsh living?

You’ve got an apartment free of charge, fully furnished, and equipped with a landline free of charges for all internal landline calls. For the girls, the apartments are stunning, with private bath room for some. You’ve got free transportation to work, or to training, and back to the accommodation. Free dry cleaning for uniform, a compensation for your original currency changes, that is included in your final salary, so that when you’ll change money, the bank fees will be covered by that extra amount given, called ERP.

You’ll be flying to places that you’ll most probably never see in your entire life if you were not flying with them. You’ll be paid for it, you’ll have meal allowance, flying pay, luxury hotels and SPA’s, all toped up to your basic salary that will give you at the end of the month a nice salary, not affected by any VAT, you take it straight.

Is that harsh living for you guys?

However, that doesn’t mean that it is going to be easy – NOT AT ALL ! However, you have to pay something to get something, I guess. The work is a hard work and all start with the initial training. The company is very strict about everything, and the little man is a kinda of crazy guy with on and off temperament, scaring everybody, and making everybody working under fear which is a shame, but that’s how it is and you are not going to change it. So, one has to deal with it, and I have to say that once you understand how everything works, it becomes normal. Once you start flying, you will be very tired at the beginning, your body will have to adapt to the different time zones, long flights and so on. But once again, after a while, you’ll start getting used to it, but still you’ll be always tired after a flight and that’s normal of cours, but there will be a difference in your 1st perception, and the usual “used to it “perception.

The company has it’s SOP, just follow them, same as what ever the company ask you to follow in term of regulations related to the job it self. I agree that most of them are STUPIDE, but once again you’ll not change them, and they wont hurt you if you follow them, maybe disturb, annoy, but doesn’t hurt. These will be included in your daily life, but I won’t qualify that as Harsh, and as I said it’s all depending on your personality and how you look at your life. If you think that you are going to have a holiday there, well you are off track. But if you conceder the fact that you are going/willing to work, with a positive mind, so that you’ll achieve your goal, then it might be a good place to be. Concerning “nice crew”, although I never ever had any problem with anybody, I saw quit a lots of attitudes problem, and that doesn’t have a place in a crew environment, but unfortunately it continue to happen. There is also another problem with CSD’s/Cs’s, and even the management agrees that some of them doesn’t deserve to be in that position but they are there because of planning/needs, and you’ll be working with them, and you’ll need to be smart enough to do so, but talking in general, and from experience, and no body will come and full me with stories and tell me that it’s hell and so on, cause I’ve been there and know everything in details : I don’t believe that if you join Qatar Airways, you are going to die, but learn more about your self as a person, and about others, and believe me it can be a grate experience in your life, with it’s + and – side, but if there is something in life with only + side, tell me I’ll be the 1st to go !

Irishbecky : Ya estaba en Madrid dos veces este año por razon de trabajo (night stop) me ha gustado mucho, es una ciudad muy bonita y me gustaria volver ahi en el futuro, te deseo lo major con Qatar airways. Animo !

funyans
2nd Dec 2008, 17:17
I believe you are mistaking me ITO, what i just said to midox is what has become a reality for some people who were with me and who got through, and i think theire opinion should be as good as yours. Obviously we are all born different and raised differently so therefore we have different ways of seeing life and all its aspects. some say finally you said the truth on your first reply to midox. Well i think you said your truth and i respect it but you must be aware on tha fact that others can share or not share it with you.
I personally didnt make it and its fine. The only thing i argue about is the unprofessional way in which my case was dealt with. Not something i say even Kaye Ramos HR (recuitment supervisor) agreed with me via e-mail. Also the un-standarized procedures they followed in the case of Madrid´s open day finalists.
Regarding those harsh living conditions its obviuosly something up to each one of us, (suposedly) we are all grown ups and must try allwaya our hardest and commit to the maximum we can give. I personally would have been extremely happy to join if selected. I have lived in Morocco, Canada, italy, U.K. and Spain. I have been away from my family since i was 20 and dont have a problem to adapting to almost anything. But having said that I dont know what kind of person midox is so i was just telling him what people who are there allready told me. The way i see things when you take on a challenge such as joining a middle east company you should well be as prepared for the best as for the worse.
As i told midox i truly wish all the best of lucks to him and everyone who is selected but i also thought it was fair to share a point of view. Different to yours but as good as yours. Was not intending to hurt any feelings or tell any lies.
sincerely congratulations to all succesfull applicants. Truly hope to be sharing the sky with you guys as soon as possible :)

midox_twix
2nd Dec 2008, 18:10
i got your point and i think ITO got your point too , your opinion is respected and i understand you both trying to say the true on your own eye's .

thanks very much for your answers guys , and realy i wish to meet u all and fly with you all .

best wishs for you all .

ITO
2nd Dec 2008, 23:51
Funyans, I perfectly understand your opinion and respect it. Unfortunately, such is life, and personally I never understood how they select people. However, you can always give it another try, on another open day. Believe me; I got friends who made it on the 3rd attempt, they have been taken and they are flying. Why they got in on the 3rd attempt, and why they didn’t make it on the 1st one? And they didn’t change in between, they were the same person! You can also try EK/EY (maybe you already did), and they might be better than QR.

Last but not least, I wish you all the best in your future cabin crew career, hoping that you’ll end up flying high in the sky with one of these airlines, and all these stories will be just a far bad souvenir!

yuriftjx
3rd Dec 2008, 10:54
I think whatever emma posted comments are almost true and fair and she knows QR current affairs very well even she :rolleyes:had left long time ago

midox_twix
3rd Dec 2008, 11:08
Unfortunately i got email that iam unsuccessful :( .

anyway i will try again after 6 monthe witt Emirates and Qatar Airway .

funyans
3rd Dec 2008, 12:44
Dont u worry midox you are very young and i am sure dreaming of getting this job. Keep trying. I got my licence when i was eighteen and tried to get employed unsuccesfully for two years. You have a looong way ahead of you and i am sure it wont be long before you start flying. never loose hope :ok:

midox_twix
3rd Dec 2008, 14:22
thanks you for your nice words , you made me feel better . and yes i will keep trying , ia just feeling sad becouse i realy puted alot of hopes on this job this time . but its ok and i will wait for next 6 monthe .

Emma Gemma
3rd Dec 2008, 16:44
I worked with them for three and a half years and left as CSD and know exactly what the environment is like there! Many of my friends were treatled anything but fairly and I, along with many others, witnessed some very disgraceful things down there.

How long have you been there? Still in training? Wait until you are online and you will probably realise that training was the easy bit!

Kanoknuahaha
3rd Dec 2008, 19:03
:E...hey, i heard that Qr is getting better, actually. roster looks good, this jepesene - whatever -system is working,apparently. Money is good...average of 9000ryals.
Yes, they will remain a kind of armagedon/alcatraz company, but they have no choice with the kids that they're recruiting. Us, adults, have left loong time agoo! hehehe

Ciuus!

newbeginnings07
4th Dec 2008, 02:43
hi there. i attendad last november's assessment in our country. from 500+ applicants down to 16. i'm fortunate that i've lasted until the final interview. the same thing goes, wait within 3 weeks for an e-mail whether i get in or not. my final interview went smoothly. i think the interviewers liked me, but the last decision wouldn't be based on that. i'm hoping i'd get the invite soon so i could proceed to my medicals.

i would like to ask the same qestions as the OP, and also what are the things i should prepare about during my medicals? as far as i know i'm darn healthy, but being more sure and cautious wouldn't hurt. thanks everyone :)

irishbecky
4th Dec 2008, 10:40
No I'm not in training. Perhaps I just came here with realistic expectations, my Mother flew in the M.E for many years and in a different age when things were considerably stricter and tougher so armed with the knowledge of her experiences perhaps I had a different attitude? I don't know Emma it couldn't have been so bad if you stayed for three years?? I know people have more bad than good to say but to be honest if you want to work in the industry these days and get decent layovers in good destinations then your choices are somewhat limited! We shall have to agree to differ on this one....ah well vive la difference!!

commercialpilot28
8th Dec 2008, 22:16
Just a quick question ? what do u guys mean by final interview ? I just had my sim assessment with QR and was told it will be 2 weeks before I will hear anything. Is there one more interview after sim assessment ? My understanding is that Sim was the last part. If you get selected you will fly into Doha to go for a medical and start the training........isnt that what it is ? plz clarify

Thanx

Macaw_1884
8th Dec 2008, 23:33
This is the Cabin Crew forum. The comments on this thread relate to Cabin Crew selection. With regards to pilots, the sim assessment is the final stage of selection.

djmaxi
17th Dec 2008, 12:59
A big Hello to everyone from Buenos Aires!

I get the mail from Qatar asking me for all the medicals. I have send them 3 times in and I never get a reply just to know if everything has arrived fine.
But on the other side my sister who was also selected at the same time as me, has got a reply telling her to wait.

I just don´t get it, all the medical exams were fine,the mails that I have send are very polite, we both send them at the same time, but I keep on being ignored.

I was thinking in give a call tomorrow to the Recruitment Assistant just to know what is going on...moreover the tentative departure that we got on the mail was for the 15th of January.

This "silent" scenario is driving me crazy!

Emma Gemma
18th Dec 2008, 10:07
And, not to forget the most important bit that you will be sacked or demoted for any silly reason.

Happen to meet AAB in the lift when he's having one of his mood swings and he only feels like making your life miserable is one reason.

CS's and CSD's being "disciplinary punished" because they didn't clean the whiteboard properly after briefing is another one.

A girl with nearly two years service in the company was sacked because she dropped a glas of orange juice onto the aisle. One of the passengers complained about the incident to the CSD who reported her when they had returned to DOH.

Not wearing your hat properly would lead to disciplinary. Or, just taking off your hat whilst on the ground on a turn around (out of the sight of the pax) because it's 50 degrees outside will lead to either somebody reporting you, or AAB happen to come onboard and sack you straight away.

Welcome to Qatar Airways! Taking you more personally!

noah.hamid
26th Dec 2008, 13:46
Hey All,

After contact with the HR department and reviewing the online career site; It has come to my attention that Qatar Airways has started a lot of campaigns for Cabin Crew. There are many areas where they will be holding assessments and more to come through the new year.

GO 2 THIS SITE TO VIEW CAMPAIGNS AND APPLY
Cabin Crew Job Search | Qatar Airways (http://www.qatarairways.com/global/en/jobs/hr_cabincrew_applynow.html)

I am looking forward to attending the session at New York, NY USA.

If anyone knows about their recruitment process in depth PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE POST.:ok:

cart_elevator
28th Dec 2008, 18:37
I am curious as to why Qatar is all of a sudden advertising for recruitment, cabin crew management and L&D staff in various positions, all marked 'Urgent' ... Any idea? there seems to be an awful lot of positions, all advertised in the last month? Have there been big changes?

Also, does anyone know what they pay/ conditions are like for ground based managers?

ITO
28th Dec 2008, 20:34
If still the same :
1. English written test
2. Team work assessment : They put you in group, give you a subject and aske yout to discuss it.
>>> 1st selection.
3. Personal interview the next day or the same day, depends.
4. Final answer that comes to you from doha after 15 days normally ( that was my case )

Cheers.

Emma Gemma
29th Dec 2008, 12:13
They are always recruiting because they can't keep their staff. Staff either resigning, being sacked or jumping ship would be my personal guess.

FormerFlyer
29th Dec 2008, 19:56
Their adverts are almost always marked as URGENT.....it's coz they're in a permanent state of fire-fighting to try to get everything balance by juggling a zillion things at once.

It's amazing that the whole thing only teeters and doesn't actually stumble!

cheers ;)
FF

kluge
31st Dec 2008, 03:16
Hhmm as a customer reading some of the comments here re Qatar management I'm re-posting this note that I placed in the Qatar section.
If they are reading please take note.

Qatar Business: gripes and good shows.
Flew from London to HK via Doha the other day on Qatar Business.

Gripe 1
I am really surprised that babies are allowed in business class. When the baby starts screaming it is bedlam and unfair to the other passengers who have paid for these seats and do not expect have to put up with the noise.

I did ask for a comments form but was not given one. However the Qatar cabin crew relocated the family to a quieter part of business class. Whilst welcome I was surprised that I didn't receive a comments card anyway.

While I believe it is inconsiderate of the family in question to take screaming junior into business class in the first place I think it is also inconsiderate of the airline to sell the tickets in the first place. I pay for business class for the service, space and quiet (ear plugs don't drown out screaming babies).

Good Show 1:
Have flown Qatar a number a number of times from HK to London. Overall a really great service an I have been continually impressed by the in flight service and professionalism of the cabin crew.

Gripe 2:
The ground staff at Gatwick are TERRIBLE and rude. I think Qatar sub it out to a group called Serviceair. They are not knowledgeable of the checking in systems/procedures and their customer manner is generally very poor and in one instance at the gate quite rude. Similarly in HK , CX groundstaff handled Qatar check in and not very efficiently resulting in a Qatar staff member having to take over.

Qatar: great service but please note the above gripes. The saying "penny wise pound foolish" comes to mind.

Hope this helps.

Levis_
1st Jan 2009, 20:06
I did not make it! Flew down to CPT - I was impecable - grooming was perfect and would have been taken --- only prob was I was to young by 6 months!! :{ The Recruiter said you have to be 19 and 11 months to be considered and 2 other requirements - fluent in english and finished high school or equivalent.

If I was selected I would have been the first from my country to become cabin crew for them - I asked if they have any Namibians working for QR and answer was no but I have to admit, I did not feel intimidated or nervous at all - was calm - the recruiters were humouress, accomadating and open.

Anyway - I am going to try again this year in May and hopefully I will make it through:p

apaddyinuk
1st Jan 2009, 23:25
Kluge....I think you will find it impossible in this era of political correctiveness and equal rights to find an airline that would refuse to sell a Business Class (or First for that matter) seat to children. If a family wish to spend that money on their little ones then no airline would risk declining their business, not only because we are currently in a recession but also because they would be terrified of the discrimination suit that could be filed by the family!

Just remember, screaming kids were around long before airplanes and business class travel!

jcp2
2nd Jan 2009, 02:03
hey guys,

I have passed my final interview.. for the KUL 6th december recuritment drive.. i was asked to do my medical.. and have submitted to them and they have gotten back to me sayign they have recieved my medical reports and that it has been forwarded to the medical centre... but since they haven;t gotten back to me..

has anyone received their offer letter yet?

flyoneday
2nd Jan 2009, 06:33
i totally agree with apaddyinuk!
If the family got money to spend on the little ones,they are at liberty to do so! When they are buying tickets ,it would be hard for the tickets agents to ask if they have "screaming kids" nor do they have a section on the online ticket purchase that one may "tick" reading "Do you have screaming kids?"................

That was just an unfortunate flight, Qatar Airways cannot be blamed for it!!!

~
flyoneday :ok:

kluge
5th Jan 2009, 02:44
Gents

Many thx for the comments.

I hope that the next time you fly on a long haul that you get seated next to one of these screaming little angels.

Please post comments afterwards.

Door_One_Right
5th Jan 2009, 03:41
I've had screaming babies in FIRST on BA. Seriously, what can you (legally) do? Name me an airline that bans children in their premium cabins and I will fly them.

As for QR crew, put yourself in their place, where you can be fired for the slightest infraction. You go up to a family travelling in a premium cabin and tell them to be quiet If this family is travelling in a premium cabin, it is likely that they are very wealthy and, importantly, connected. Qatar is a small country. All this father has to do is complain to AAB and next thing, this poor crew member, who is trying to help you out, is fired. After being fired by QR, this crew member can't even go home until they have paid their bond back. Of course, they are evicted from QR accommodation, which means they are stranded and homeless in Qatar.

As for your ground staff comment, I couldn't agree more. BA have outsourced ground handling in a lot of airports and I've seen the results of this in the complaint statistics.

FormerFlyer
5th Jan 2009, 05:53
OMG Kluge - you really do make me laugh.

If it was as big an issue as you are determined to make us feel then may I, respectfully, suggest a few things to help yourself viz:~

a: complain to the appropriate people ie: QR themselves instead of whining away to others who can do nothing;
b: wind your neck in;
c: charter your own aircraft in future.

The latter will improve your flight & doubtless that of the many who would have had the misfortune to sit alongside you when going commercial :E

cheers ;)
FF

Der absolute Hammer
5th Jan 2009, 08:43
Well now....
If someone is flying First with children it is probable that he is paying the ticket himself. At 10% with no seat up to second birthday and 50% with seat up to twelfth. So the bucks are coming out of the aftertax earnings or savings of the passenger in question.
If a busness guy is travelling First or Business-the company is probably paying and using the likely investment money, in an extended form ie: holder of shares, of the self paying passenger to fund the gravy train life style of the hired hand or bought brain.
So if you are that important to the company, book the whole class or hire a charter. If not, then get back to Business Class where the underclass known as executives belongs at best, or better, fly economy which is where these people should be today so that their companies can pass on the savings to the investors.
It is about time that the backlash which extends now to bankers is extended to include these 'executivs' whose behaviour on aircraft and in lounges often reflects badly on those who spend their own hard earned cash in pursuit of a little luxury.
It is a bit like the double tax burden of inheritance tax is it not? Why should a shareholder have to pay for the business travellor First Class ticket and his own and then have his effective employee complain that he is hard served!
To the tumbrils with the subsidised proletariat nouveaux riches, the travelling salespeople of industry, a little humility would be good for their souls.

A300Man
6th Jan 2009, 16:58
Qatar Airways is recruiting cabin crew in Australia during January 2009. Link.

The Peninsula On-line: Qatar's leading English Daily (http://thepeninsulaqatar.com/Display_news.asp?section=Local_News&subsection=Qatar+News&month=January2009&file=Local_News2009010654058.xml)

apaddyinuk
9th Jan 2009, 17:44
Kluge....you cannot cope with people not agreeing with you can you????

Sad, very sad!

We have ALL sat next to or near people with loud children be it in business on a plane or on a packed commuter train! It happens, its natural, its annoying... but its one of lifes little things that we just have to accept! You can look at it in one of two ways..."Aww the little blighter, isnt he cute? Loud but cute?" or "This is the best damn birth control available...i shall make the decision now to be bitter, twisted and lonely for the rest of my life as a result of this flight"!!!!

You came on here asking for opinions, you got them! End of!

get_
11th Jan 2009, 16:41
for anyone looking to work for Qatar Airways, I have just attended an open day.

In local currency (Qatar)

3 yr contract. tax free pay. into an account that they will open for you.

Basic 3300 per month
about 40 per hour flight pay.

minimum 65 hours per month.

Deductions will be taken from your pay for the first 21 months. after this period you will be given all the money back.

- housing is all free of charge, all bills paid, except for a housing deposit that is part of the deductions.

- It is a dry country, no alcohol, alcohol is available in hotel bars and airport. none to be kept in the rooms.
- No pork in the country
- No smoking airline.
- seperate buildings for males and females.
- visiting hours are between 7am - 10 pm after this no guests.
- free transport to work. transport on days off can be difficult.
- training lasts 7 weeks on basic pay, 6 on 1 off.
- sober 24 hours before a shift
- you can take 14 days sick on full pay per year, after that it is on reduced pay.
- all uniform free, except bags, (£74) which are added to your deductions.
- candidates must be single for the 3yr contract.
- 30 days off per year.

I may have missed some details. all the above is what I understood from attending the information day.

Enjoy.

Get_

ellyfairy
12th Jan 2009, 16:42
hi there,

just wondering, what is the penalty if a QR crew(male/female) decides to settle down and marry?

is this clause only applicable for the first 3 years?

i'll be going for mine this thurs (17 jan). wish me luck

Emma Gemma
13th Jan 2009, 14:12
They will sack you and most likely also the person you wish to marry!

Levis_
15th Jan 2009, 23:14
for anyone looking to work for Qatar Airways, I have just attended an open day.

minimum 65 hours per month.

Get_The information they gave us was way different from what you wrote regarding flying hours - min of 80hours a month but at the present moment the crew are flying more than 90 hours a month that's what the recruiter said.:confused:

Oh and for those who attend open days please beware of wolves in sheep clothing - recruiters who pose as candidates. They normally easy to spot if you have a good intuition and aware.

So please do not say or do anything negative to anyone!!

NADYA
25th Jan 2009, 12:32
hey

any one go for open days in KL for qatarairways on 7 february?
contact me pls.....

lovefly
27th Jan 2009, 08:47
Hello...

I was just wondering if anyone could tell me how long they had to wait for a reply after applying online? I applied yesterday! :)

Blue Bamboo
28th Jan 2009, 10:08
I applied about two or three days ago I'd say, and so far no reply hey.

I've applied to get an interview in Mauritius, Singapore, London, Johanesberg,Cape Town etc... (about 6 places)
What I'd like to know is, would one probably get a quicker response depending on which location one applies to be interviewed at? or is it all just the same. I know I'm being very impatient here, but I'm really keen for the job.

Mick Gatto
30th Jan 2009, 11:40
I'm ex-Etihad Airways and I applied before 1 week for Abu Dhabi interview and today for Doha Interview .. I Have the same question !! when they might call ? how long does it take ? .. what about the interview process ?

I applied as well for VIP Cabin Crew, I Have 3 years of experience with Etihad Airways working in Business and First class !!, is this any advantage ? Cheers

clarebear
31st Jan 2009, 04:02
Hi everyone i have just attended an open day for Qatar Airways. I actually felt it was wonderful and the recruiters were really very friendly compared to some other airlines. They do have some strict rules, rules that are reasonable i should add. I am not sure why it is getting such bad press.:confused: I recieved a call back for the assesment process tomorrow so anyone who is interested, i am am happy to let you know what happens.
I am not sure maybe people have the wrong idea about becoming cabin crew. I believe its a career an investment in the future, an amazing job, not just an opportunity to party. Anyway good luck to everyone currently trying to get into the industry!!!:ok:

Mick Gatto
31st Jan 2009, 04:14
All the the best love, I Had the same feeling when I first joined Etihad as a cabin Crew and this is was back in 2005, was just an amazing feeling. :D

All the best for tomorrow and just a pice of advise ... BE YOUR SELF for tomorrow. I sense you will get in and keep that positive energy always up.

Do me a favor though, ask any of the recruiters if they need ex-Cabin crew with 3 years in Busines and First class with Etihad Airways and try to steal a Business card or email from one of them... haha. I owe you a dinner and Beer in Doha if I make it. :cool:

You know when Mick Gatto says something !!

Cheers

clarebear
31st Jan 2009, 08:17
Hi guys

Does anyone know whether qatar will recruit people who are already married? I know you are not allowed to get married during your 3 year contract but is it a requirement to be single?

I am sure this question has been asked before, so sorry about that lol.

Mick Gatto
31st Jan 2009, 08:28
for me I don't know about Qatar Airways so maybe some one else from there can answer your question.

From my experience I know some Crew ( well my Mates ) who fly for Etihad and Emirates and are married but they never mentioed that at all during the interview or even flying together. they all live together and happy.

so I think most of the Gulf Airlines are the same !!

Hope you didn't hold your big sign and in capital letters ( I'M MARRIED ) during the open day or assessment .... haha. just keep it to your self love , they wouldn't check with yout Goverment. or Embassy in Arabia.

Cheers

janneha
31st Jan 2009, 10:10
Hello guys!

Mick gato and clarebear i have sent you guys PMs just to ask for some help and advice.(just incase you haven't noticed) Please feel free to post it on the public forum.

Thank you in advance for your help!!:)

NADYA
4th Feb 2009, 09:50
i will attend for the open day in KL 7 february....
im indonesian so what should i do?
what the taugh test?

thanks
nadya

missflying
5th Feb 2009, 03:09
Hi All,

I recently applied for a New York session, and was wondering if anyone has one scheduled for the USA. I didn't notice any planned sessions and my application says received, but thats it.

Thanks

brendanjr
5th Feb 2009, 14:22
Hey guys, I recently got an email to go to the Santiago open day on the 8Th of February, but then I discovered that there is an open day in Asuncion, Paraguay, which is much closer for me, I applied yesterday Asuncion, has anyone else here applied for Asuncion?

Capt Krunch
5th Feb 2009, 14:51
clarebear:

you seem quite nice, but very Naive. I've been here for quite a long time, not a cabin crew as you might have guessed by the name, but friends with many.

ask yourself this.. why does QA lose on average of 60 Cabin Crew per month in terminations and resignations ??
then ask, why does the majority of Cabin staff come from Asia and sub-continents and less than 2% of all Cabin Crew are of western nationalities??
then ask, why did QA hire over 100 Cabin crew from Auz a short time ago ( well 4 or 5 years ago) and none of them stayed more than 1 year.
then ask, why does the neighboring airlines have nearly the opposite statistics as found in QA ??

come over and check things out.. they will paint you a pretty picture of course.
soon you'll be just another statistic as well. been here long enough to see it happen time and time again.

don't get me wrong, come over and have a look for yourself, but be real, don't kid yourself into thinking that nice recruitment officers are telling you everything and that it's all so good.

Levis
with regards to hours flown, B777 rated girls fly more than 150hrs per month, pairings like back to back Washington or New Yorks, as well as multiple double sector nights ( Doha-Dubai-Doha-Bahrain-Doha) with hours of time between sectors.

80hrs:=..LOL.. what dreams are made of.

Poisoned by compromise
Krunch

janneha
10th Feb 2009, 14:01
Hi guys!!

Am think of attending the open day at leeds UK saturday the 21st of Feb. Anyone else going on that day????

Qatar CC can you add to the thread????

Anything new happening in qatar regarding cabin crew recruitment at the moment????

ta...:)

rockerlpz
11th Feb 2009, 01:54
Hello Everyone ! I'm New Here At The Qatar Airways Forum, I'm From La Paz, Bolivia- South America, And I'm Planning To Attend To The Qatar Airways Cabin Crew Open Day That Will Be Held Here In My City In Four Days ( February 14th ) , ( I Just Found Out Today, That They're Coming.. I'm Kind Of Nervous..)

I Have Some Doubts.. This Will Be An Open Day, Right?, Do They Select The Chosen Candidates That Same Day? Or Do They Call Them Back For Another Day? ( To Assist An Assesment Day?).

And I Don't Have Experience In This Kind Of Interviews For Cabin Crew, Could Anyone ( That Has Assisted To A Qatar Airways Open Day Before ) Please Tell Me A Little Bit About That Day? ( How The Selection Process And Elimination Is Made? , What Kind Of Questions Do They Ask You, What Kind Of Tests Or Activities Will They Make Us Do, Etc.) I'd Be Really, Really Thankful If Someone Could Please Answer My Doubts, Is Very Important For Me Please, I'll Be Looking Forward For Your Answers.

Thank You Very Much

jzmn59
11th Feb 2009, 04:55
hey, was wondering if someone could enlighten me....

1) If you decide to break the bond and return home, will you be liable to pay QA for "damages"? If so, how much?

2) I've heard a lot of negative press about QA and their policy towards crew. Is the situation better now or still the same?

Thanks guys!

Emma Gemma
12th Feb 2009, 10:33
1) If you decide to break the bond and return home, will you be liable to pay QA for "damages"? If so, how much?

It depends on how long you have been working for them when you decide to break the bond. They start deducting the bond from your salary on the 3rd month. It's approximately 7500 QAR for 22 months and in average 350 QAR per month.

Let's say you stay there for one year, which would be ten months. Then, you would have payed of 350 x 10: 3500 QAR. You would have to pay them the remaining 4000 QAR. Also, if you leave within a year you have to pay back the joining bonus.

coni222
13th Feb 2009, 01:43
hi I'm new here and I'm from argentina. somebody knows if qatar will be in argentina during the 2009 or another airline? thanks

wings78
13th Feb 2009, 02:02
Hi all. I wonder if anyone has got a telephone number for Qatar HR as I recently attended a recruitment in NZ and have not heard anything yet. It has been three weeks now. Thanks for any help.

brendanjr
14th Feb 2009, 17:31
Hey Coni222, no creo que van a estar en Argentina, pero ahora en el dia 21 de Febrero tienen un Open Day en Asuncion, o sea que si sos del norte de Argentina queda cerquita! Pero el Emirates y Ethiad van a tener open days en Argentina!

FlyBoy1983
17th Feb 2009, 12:49
Hi everyone, is there anyone who is currently working as cabin crew at qatar airways? If there is, could he/she contact me here or via PM, I need some specific information about this airline, thank you.

FlyBoy1983
17th Feb 2009, 13:03
Are there any people who are currently working as cabin crew at Qatar Airways here?...If there are, could you share your experience about this company?

wings78
18th Feb 2009, 04:48
Hi there, would be interested to hear about anyone holding an FA1 positions or any line trainer positions re salaries and stuff. Any help greatly appreciated.

wings78
18th Feb 2009, 19:48
hi all, anyone here holding senior positions with QR for example FA1 or Trainer positions, if so would be interested to hear about salaries and conditions etc. Thank for your help.

flightlevelchange
19th Feb 2009, 00:57
I'd give em a wide berth.........

search some of the horror stories on middle east.....

FLC

flightlevelchange
19th Feb 2009, 01:00
As per Capt Krunch

I'd second that, stay clear, not a good company to work for.

Been there done that. Made some very good friends, but the conditions are terrible and dont look like they have changed after 10 years.....

Good luck though, but i would suggest EK or EY....

FLC

EYner
19th Feb 2009, 07:12
Hi everyone ... I worked for qatar for almost 4 years and the only reason i stayed all this time is because of my loan that i had to pay off. i could say that people have different opinions about qr however mine is similar to the majority. i don t wanna break the dream of some of u being a cabin crew and see the world but i was not happy there ... the management is very strict and those who are used to freedom be sure you will feeling like a prisoner in doha ... i am currently working for etihad and happy about it ... totally different ... qatar would never change specially when the Baker is still ruling it ... if u wanna get married u have to take his permission ... if u wanna get out of the country you have to get an exit permit ...if u wanna use ur mobile not while wearing uniform ... many restrictions and the curfew is the best thing lol ... you are not allowed to get out of your house before 12 hours prior to your duty start ... wht do you think about that ? i don t know if they are still implementing this rule but probably yes ... many things not worth woking for qr BUT if u like to fly go ahead and you will discover it by yourself ... good luck for everybody

alkatifa
19th Feb 2009, 15:56
SCARY!! :ooh:

I've been 4 times in Doha, but working in tennis, so I really don't recall any abuse of my 'typical rights'....pretty much treated like royalty actually! I even do remember having a huge private party in the island across the city! good times.....

EYner
19th Feb 2009, 16:43
Talking about Qatar Airways not tennis !!!!

alkatifa
19th Feb 2009, 17:31
I'm really sorry for this gigantic unforgivable mistake!

jemimah64
19th Feb 2009, 17:41
Just received an invite to Qatar airways assessment day in Abu Dhabi but after reading all these posts i'm not so sure i want to work for them, is it really that bad?
Got assessment day for Etihad on monday so i'm hoping i get that one!
xx

Emma Gemma
19th Feb 2009, 18:07
It was in 2004 when they did a recruitment drive in Australia. Around 40 people were recruited and half of them left within six months. I think the last person of that batch left six months later.

EYner, actually you can't get married for the first three years so really no point in asking for permission. If you do, they'll probably sack you!

No electronic items are allowed to be used or seen in your hand when you are wearing your uniform. And that hat which can't even be taken off in the crew bus from or to the airport. The captain has to give permission for this and in that case the crew is allowed to take if off then the curtains must be closed so that nobody can see you!

ChinoA
20th Feb 2009, 19:35
Is anyone attending Dublin Open Day in March?

EASY 69
20th Feb 2009, 21:28
It might be worth checking here, google airappoint and send them a CV. From what I understand the initial panic of the downturn in the world is starting to subside and organisations are again looking at a small improvement. It won't be huge but at least it's something.

someday somehow
21st Feb 2009, 18:01
Hi all,

I have recently trained to become a commercial pilot and have been seeking a job for a few months now.

I attended the Leeds Open day today and I've been called back for tomorrows interview.

Due to it being quite difficult to get into flight deck at the moment as a relatively inexperienced pilot, I'm thinking of applying for Qatar cabin crew and working my way internally into the flight deck as I understand they have have a second officer programme which recuits low hour pilots.

What are peoples thoughts? Perhaps existing Qatar cabin crew can advise if this has been done on more than one occasion before...

pinkylicious
22nd Feb 2009, 09:10
Hi guys,

Just wanted to know if Qatar Airways hold recruitment campaigns anywhere in Italy, preferably in Rome??
I looked all over their website for any open days in Italy and since there wasn't, I looked for any other country in Europe but the very closest country where they do hold Open Days seems to be in France and I did apply for that but still didn't receive any invitation...

Will only short-listed candidates receive an invitation??

Will be grateful for a reply!

Nav747
22nd Feb 2009, 10:17
Hiya... if its an 'Openday'... you dont need an invitation. You can just show up and they usually do the assesment over three days.

Good Luck! :ok:

sunny choi
22nd Feb 2009, 11:27
Do you guys have any ideas about an interviewer of QR?
Who is coming to Beijing on 7th Mar?
I am balancing in my choice where should I go for an Openday.
When I had an interview in Taipei I met Katherine and Hesline, both of them were so nice and pretty.

Is there anyone who had an interview in Beijing?
And "CV Submission Only" means, are they going to get CV via
an agency?? oh, no....

Thank you :)

tina2009
23rd Feb 2009, 14:17
if you get successful during ALL of the
stages from open-day to the final interview...
how many photos should you bring during those days?
and what kind of photos should it be?

i read somewhere that in Emirates you should bring:

6 Passport Size Photographs
2 Full Sized (10×15 cm) Photographs in Business Attire
2 casual Full Sized (10×15 cm) Photographs

is it the same with Qatar Airways?

also should you bring these with you?

Photocopy of your Passport
Photocopies of School Certificates

Is anyone going to the
open-day in Dublin, Ireland 7 March?

ChinoA (http://www.pprune.org/members/284976-chinoa) i saw u asked that question about Dublin.... are u going?
im going:):)

thanks for ur responds:):):)

Emma Gemma
23rd Feb 2009, 16:30
For QR it's one full-length and one passport sized photograph with your updated CV for the interview.

Sunny. The recruiters vary and it could be anyone actually but Haslynn is from recruitment. Not only people from their HR Department do recruitment. Sometimes they also have their trainers to do recrutiment.

ChinoA
24th Feb 2009, 13:40
Hey Tina!

I saw your thread on the Cabincrew.com forum but I couldn´t login so I didn´t get to answer you sooner.

I am going to the Dublin Open Day , I´m in Brazil right now but I´ll be arriving in Dublin one day before the Open Day ( on the 6th)...it´s gonna be hard to get through the whole process with such jet lag on my body :}. Hope the process will be less hard than EK ( went to the FI but I still don´t know what happened in DXB...they took like nine weeks to answer me with a NO...and that was because I called them and asked for a quick answer )

Are you flying from Sweden as well?

Do you know exactly where the Open Day is going to be? There´s a lot of Hilton hotels in Dublin and I don´t know exactly which one is the correct.

See you there!!!!

elizabethbennet
24th Feb 2009, 17:25
i had my final interview for qatar yesterday (monday)
exciting stuff...
but this wait will do me in for sure.
how long does it take (on average) before you get a response?

x

tina2009
24th Feb 2009, 19:26
ChinoA SO FUN that you are going
to Dublin open-day:ok::ok::ok::ok:
yeah im flying to Dublin too,
i didnt knew either,,where the open-day would be because its 3 Dublin hotels in Dublin as u wrote...
but i emailed all 3 of the hotels:):) and got some info:
the open-day is in::::

Hilton Dublin Kilmainham (http://www.hilton.com/doxch.jhtml;jsessionid=B2WFMW21LFUAWCSGBIX2VCQ?dst=http://HI/en_US/hi/hotel/DUBKMHI-Hilton-Dublin-Kilmainham/index.do)
Inchicore Road, Kilmainham
Dublin, Ireland, 8

what a pain oh my god u waited 9 weeks to get a NO
im so sorry, thats just painful i think...
so painful...to wait sooo long...
but i HOPE U GET A BIG YESSS
this time in Dublin.....
i WISH ALL THE BEST FOR US CHINOA
now when we are coming a long way
i really hope we get a positive answer
anyhow i hope the BEST for us!!!!
:):):):):):):):)

Aamyee
25th Feb 2009, 04:34
Just over 2 weeks for me

ChinoA
26th Feb 2009, 13:41
Yeah! got shortlisted for Dublin Open Day!!!!

See you there Tina!!!! just one week ahead ( and a half-the-world flight to get there hehehehee)

Are you flying RyanAir?

tina2009
26th Feb 2009, 18:30
yeah thank god for Ryanair and those cheap
tickets...:ok:
1 week left ---EXCITING chinoA :)
SO EXCITING:)

bkkfly
26th Feb 2009, 21:44
Working for QR?

sticking pins in your eyes would be more fun. You would seriously need to be from some slummy place to consider an offer at QR as something exciting.

Guys go back and read throught the threads. I only know second hand info from friends who left QR to come to EK but OMG!!! Don't put yourself throught the heart ache. Moving to the middle east is hard enough, but living in Kabul - sorry I mean Doha, to work for QR? Gotta laugh, nothing else to say!:D

tina2009
26th Feb 2009, 22:32
:)bkkfly everyone is different:)
If some people doesn't like Qatar Airways :):)
or didn't had a good experience with it...
doesn't mean i will going to dislike it too..:)
:)every job has its own bad and good sides!:)
im veryyyy excited about the open-day anyway
hopefully it will be a great day:):):)

bkkfly
27th Feb 2009, 08:19
OH yea, the Open Day will be a great day. Its just what happens after that!

ViejaEscuela
27th Feb 2009, 11:55
Hello everyone,
Can somebody tell me what the personal interview involves in general?
Documentation, questions they ask, if there is a SIM test, etc......
I am type rated A320 and if they ask questions about the aircraft.
Best Regards to everyone

joanofarc
28th Feb 2009, 09:39
hi everyone!!! just want to know.....is there anybody here who attended the Feb 14 open day of Qatar airways in manila, phil???

seaisland.cg
28th Feb 2009, 22:19
Jobs for Cabin Crew, Cabin Crew Vacancies and Flight Attendant Jobs Worldwide (http://wwww.airlinepilotjobs.com)

"Cabin Crew Recruitment Campaign - Open-day(28-Mar) in Sao Paulo, Brazil Job - Qatar Airways"

OPEN DAY: Sao Paulo, Brazil

Date: 28-Mar-09

Time: 9:00 a.m. sharp

Venue: Radisson Hotel Sao Paulo Faria Lima

announced on this site: Cabin Crew Recruitment Campaign - Open-day(28-Mar) in Sao Paulo, Brazil Job - Qatar Airways - Sao Paulo (http://wwww.airlinepilotjobs.com/cabin-crew-recruitment-campaign---open-day(28-mar)-in-sao-paulo,-brazil-job-11933)

Has anyone from Brazil got any information?

Is it true?

When I went to the Qatar page I could1nt finf this informatiuon...

ChinoA
1st Mar 2009, 23:52
They should put this info on their website in a few days ...they don´t put the all chronogram ( like EY did ).

Maybe they annouced in a local journal too...

Good luck there! I´ll try my luck in Dublin this week!

Abraço

seaisland.cg
2nd Mar 2009, 16:35
Boa sorte!!!!

I tried Etihad, but haven't been shortlisted:ugh:. Now I'll wait some confirmation about Qatar in Brazil.

seaisland.cg
2nd Mar 2009, 18:41
Rio de Janeiro - BRAZIL
Open Day : 22nd March 2009 09:00 am
Venue : Sheraton Rio Hotel & Resort
Sao Paulo - BRAZIL
Open Day : 28th March 2009 09:00 am
Venue : Radisson Hotel Sao Paulo Faria Lima

Katka Patka
2nd Mar 2009, 20:19
Hi guys,

I have read the treath... what shall i say? I have attended the open day for EK, got true all the stages even got my medicals done, but the world economy made then redraw their offer :{ pity. They will contact me again, but that may take 6 months, i dont know...
I was just looking at QR, but reading here i am not so sure anymore.
There is an AD for Etihad (who just cancelled their interviews in Romania and Bulgaria) in Prague in about a month and i am would like to attend.
I would like to ask for your opinions please!
Qatar, Emirates or Etihad??? I would choose them in reverce :) Am i right for it?
I just read that in Doha, 80% of the population is Azian and Middle East??? Is that right also?
Thanks a lot.
I know that everyone is entitle of his own opinion, i would like to hear them all. There are people who left Qatar for Etihad and there are people doing it the other way around. So please i would like to hear what you all think and advice us.

hblack-crew
3rd Mar 2009, 09:16
i want to aplly in qatar airways as a cabin crew and i want to know what is the critera to apply ? and for swimming test is it nessessery in qatar and what are the most questions asked in the interview day's :)

elizabethbennet
4th Mar 2009, 06:01
i sent you a private message

koppe
6th Mar 2009, 20:12
hey please , bkkfly, shouldnt be allowed to post anything at all! you have a horrible atitude mate! everywhere u read in this site u snap out negative ill mannered coments. what do you mean by "slammish places"?
you , yourself is half thai and half australian, how can you post things like that? or like: "emirates picked you from a slum in brazil.." cmon!
i could post you some really offensive things too, but theyd be just ignorant vile generalizations as the ones you make. and for a guy from a slum, i tell you that i know much more then you seem to know, i know your country and thailand too, so id at least know what im talking about.
I apologize to other members. but i think we all agree that offensive posts like his shouldnt be tolerated.:mad:

paul_ve
6th Mar 2009, 20:25
hey seaisland,

are you going to attend the openday in Sao Paulo or in Rio? I´m from Venezuela and I will attend the one in Sao Paulo. I already booked my flight.

rgds,

Pitchi
6th Mar 2009, 21:18
Hey, mates!

I'm thinking about joining the Open Day in São Paulo.

I was waiting for EY AD, but 2 days after I received the 'shortlisted e-mail' I received another e-mail telling that the event was cancelled, the same as happent in Bulgaria and Romania :ugh: (hey, Katka mate, I'm still hopeful about EY, I'm going to try Qatar as well ;)).

Now, I'd like to get information about Qatar AD, can anybody help me, pls?

Elizabethbennet, do have any information, pls? :O
Seaisland - did you apply online at Qatar? Do you know how the AD like?
Paul_ve - Did you apply on line already? Did they shortlisted you?

Good luck to everyone :)

Pitchi
6th Mar 2009, 23:31
Hey, guys!

I submited my resume at Qatar website and received an automatic answer:

'This is to acknowledge receipt of your application for Cabin Crew - Recruitment Campaign in Sao Paulo, Brazil-AIR000FI.

Our Recruitment Team will review your application and only short-listed candidates will be contacted.

If you do not receive any response from us within 90 days from the date of application, you may assume that you were not considered for the applied position.' :hmm:

But the Open Day is scheduled to March 28th! :confused: What shall I do now? Do you know if I can show up without being shortlisted? :confused:

Any information will be wellcome ;)

Warm regards

paul_ve
7th Mar 2009, 01:47
Pitchi,

I haven't sent any online application this time. I didn´t see the point as it is an OD.

when i when to the EK OD, i did send my online application prior to the OD, but they didn´t have a list and welcome everyone..

I have a theory. Correct me if i´m wrong... If the wanted only shortlisted candidates that day, the wont publish the specific location... as EY does

EK does the same.. OD are publicly published.

does it make sense? :)

elizabethbennet
7th Mar 2009, 09:08
pitchi,
open days are exactly that: open to all...
the qatar assessment takes place over three days:
1st day: open day
You should dress very smart (as you have to make an impression amongst a crowd)
At this day they give you information about the airline and life in doha.
You then line up to hand in your cv and photos, and if you are lucky, you will be called to attend the assessment the following day...
Day 2: the assessment.
The selected assessment candidates return (Dressed appropriately)
You write a short essay, do a reach test and some group discussions.
They eliminate people twice during this day, and by the end of it, those who remain will choose a timeslot for their final interview.

Day 3: Final interview, one on one about you, your experiences and how you deal with things.

The recruiters are great, very open and if you have any questions they are pretty upfront about things, they warn you that the airline is strict, but that they have a 5 star reputation to maintain.

anyway, I hope this helps you.
Good luck with everything!

;)

ChinoA
7th Mar 2009, 15:54
Hey! got back from the Open Day in Dublin and got shortlisted for the Assessment tomorrow!

Pitchi: the girl told me they were going to Sao Paulo by the end of the month so be calm , if it´s a Open Day almost everything is allowed, so get there on time ,well-dressed and smiling.
I saw people who weren`t shortlisted by e-mail going to the Open Day , so ' vai na fé'.

I got shortlisted for the Open Day a week before the date anyway...so wait a little more.
Got shortlisted by phone a few minutes ago for the Assessment...wish me luck! will be sharing the info with everyone!

:}

Smoky02
7th Mar 2009, 22:32
Are there any restrictions regarding religious background? I am 1/4 Jewish and I was married to a Jewish person. I am a non practicing Christian but was wondering if the Jewish background will be an issue.

ChinoA
8th Mar 2009, 18:56
Got to the Final Interview!!!

Assessment Day was really good.

We were 41 at the beginning, then there was a written english essay we had to make and then a group activity. Then the first cut-off, from 41 we were reduced to 18 people.

Then another group activity and a second and final cut-off , from 18 just remained 12, and that´s it! still got Final Interview but the recruitment today was really nice and with less pressure than some other airline´s process.

They do warn you about living conditions in Doha and what´s not allowed there, even so it´s a great oportunity.

Well that was it for today.
Cheers from freezing Ireland!:}

nadiatcp
9th Mar 2009, 15:56
i hope u good luck for the next stage.u will get the golden call very soon,u will see!
can u tell me please what they ask u in the english test and the assessment day.
good luck and thank u.

elizabethbennet
9th Mar 2009, 15:59
hey congratulations!
how was your final interview??
i have sent off my medicals and am waiting for DOJ :)
if all goes well, we might meet in Doha

Pitchi
9th Mar 2009, 17:28
Hey, guys!

Thank you all for the information, you are cool!

Paul_ve
you're right, I'm going to SAO OD anyway, I'll just show up and see what happen :ok: Just to clarify, RU coming to SAO or RIO?
Elizabethbennet,
thank you so much for the detailed information :ok: Because they are scheduled for 2 events in Brazil (March 25th in RIO and March 28th in SAO), am I right thinking that the OD is going to be on 28th and the AD on 29th? When must be the Final Interview? On March 30th, or they contact us after couple of days? :confused: I ask you that because I need to buy my tkt, I live in the south of Brazil :rolleyes:
About the photos: I must hand them 01 business atire full length and 01 passport size? White or blue background? Plus 01 CV copy? How many colour passport copies?
Sorry, lots of question!
Chino A,
congrats! You're ace! Did they schedule your Final Interview? Pls let us know about you :)

Well, your beedback will be wellcome :O. Very good luck to everybody! I'll keep my fingers crossed ;)

ChinoA
9th Mar 2009, 19:27
Got my final interview for tomorrow morning...after that I´ll be posting almost everything I went through here so you can prepare wherever you are.

I really enjoyed their selection process , is less stressful than EK and more like 'close and friendly' with the candidates! made a lot of good friends too.

See you tomorrow!:ok:

elizabethbennet
9th Mar 2009, 20:35
If the open day is on the 28th, the assessment should be on the 29th,
the final interviews will be on the 30th and perhaps the 31st as well
(depending on how many are successful at this stage).
But if you make it this far, tell the recruiter that you flew to the recruitment,
so that when the timeslots for the final interviews are allocated, you will be able to
go first. They're very accomodating.
So exciting!

For the open day:
One full photo in business attire (plain background, not white)
One passport photo (hair back, smiling, neat with make-up (for girls))
One cv (make it very neat, professional and to the point)
One copy of your passport / ID

good luck and let us all know how it goes!

Pitchi
9th Mar 2009, 20:45
Chino A,
very good luck tomorrow! Good vibes from Brazil! I'm sure you'll get through it and thanks for the information :ok:

Elizabethbennet,
thank you so much for the advice, you're great :D I wish I get through it and, for sure, I'll let you know. Anyway, we'll keep int ouch here before the OD ;)

Another question (sorry),
don't we have to hand them reference letters from previous employers? :confused:

Take care

elizabethbennet
9th Mar 2009, 20:53
I had mine with me, but was never asked for them at any stage through the whole process. So if you have one, take it with (it can't hurt) because the recruitment differs in every country, but don't stress if you don't have one because it's not a requirement.
See ya!

ps: Nice to see the qatar thread alive and kicking with so many positive people!

Pitchi
9th Mar 2009, 21:07
Elizabethbennet,
thanks so much (again)!
I hope I can retribute all your help :)

Kind regards

ChinoA
10th Mar 2009, 20:11
Got to the Open Day on Satuday morning.. There were 102 people for the Open Day, they explained everything about the company, salary , living in Doha ( even showed us a video...really nice ) and specially they warned everybody about it, specially those smokers around the room ( smoking is completely forbidden at all times and this is very serious ).

Then it was time for hand our CV`s to the recruiters, one person at a time and there was a really mini interview , some people were like ' have you ever been a cabin crew? - No - Ok, thanks' and some ( like me ) were in a almost five minutes interview asking what was I doing currently, what was I doing in Dublin and stuff.

They would take the CV`s and photos and would shortlist candidates for the Assessment Day the next day , so everyone had to wait for their call by the end of the afternoon.
I was getting home when they called me and told me to be at the hotel the next day ( happy moment! ).

-- NEXT DAY -- THE ASSESSMENT

41 people were shortlisted from all over Europe ( really little Irish people ) and then started!

First of all , we were given a theme for an written essay.

Then the first group activity.

-- FIRST CUT-OFF -- From 41 , remained 18.

Another group activity , again separated in two groups of 9 each and two subjects , one about cabin crew and the other about living with flatmates , both of the situations really conflictive.

-- SECOND CUT-OFF -- From 18 , remained 12!

Then no more stress for the day , we were given a lot of paperwork to fill at home and the VERY IMPORTANT photos pointers, then everyone got their slot for the Final Interview and that´s it.

--THE FINAL INTERVIEW--

30 min interview , not much to talk about , there were no tricky questions at all, both of the recruiters were extremely nice and not threatful and it was more like a chit-chat about your personal life. Really liked it as 30 min went by really quickly.

And now people...to the waiting game! hope I´ll get this one!

IMPORTANT THINGS ABOUT THE WHOLE PROCESS:

Be yourself, be really nice and polite with all the candidates as this is reflected in the way they treat you in the group activities and think that you`re there cause you really want to.
Posture is important as well , as it shows if you`re a lazy person or a really energic one!
Don´t push it too hard, don´t try to be a show off, forget the recruiters are there ( specially on the activities ) and always SMILEEEE!!! but don´t fake it.

About the pictures, they are really strict about it and they will show you the way they want you to take them. For the Open Day any picture is valid as long as you`ll be smiling and in business attire.

Hope this helps! Good luck to everyone! hope we all sit and have a nice juice ( alcohol not available ) in DOH!

Cheers!:}

nadiatcp
10th Mar 2009, 20:57
your post is very helpful.thank u very much and good luck

tina2009
10th Mar 2009, 22:30
ChinoA Congratulations im very happy
u made it to the very last ....
:DLucky YOU!!:D
:):):):):):):)
i HOPE u soon get on a plane off u go to Doha!!
:ok::ok::ok:WELL DONE!!!:):)

annd99
10th Mar 2009, 22:44
Hi everybody!

Today I made a phone call to a local air carrier that is going to have job interviews scheduled next week to hire new staff.

I am 24, and i think I can try attending this job interview and I think this lifestyle is a very interesting experience. however i don't know much about this.

Can somebody tell me why they said they are looking for a 12 member cabin crew for the new aircraft. I mean How do 12 Cabin crew members manage to work on the same plane. I saw only 3 or 4 of them when flying.

So I assume you work in shifts, please correct if I'm wrong. What is then the schedule? I day on and 1-2 off? Do the days off allow you to enjoy some free time, like checking the destinations you are visiting?

...And how much time do you spend far away from your home town?
And of course how much are you paid, in average, or the minimum you can expect by the end of the month?

THANK YOU!!!! :rolleyes:

ChinoA
12th Mar 2009, 12:20
Each airline is different , they will normally explain everything on the Open Day.

NewCrewMember
16th Mar 2009, 12:49
Hi

I have just found out i was successful and have a job with Qatar, is there anyone on here that works for them that can reassure me its a good company to work for as all i hear is negagtive stuff. Also is it likely after my 3 year contract, it would be renewed as i am looking to stay with Qatar for the foreseeable future and more?

Kanoknuahaha
16th Mar 2009, 15:13
It's a good company.
Any company is good.
Enjoy!

still dreaming
16th Mar 2009, 19:47
is anyone going to qatar open day skopje?

sunny choi
17th Mar 2009, 14:21
Dear, ChinoA
Congratulation~!!! :D
Well done~!!

Is there a grammar test as well? or just the written test?
Could I know nationalities of the recruters in Dublin?
Thank you..

ChinoA
19th Mar 2009, 17:00
Hey!

Got my 'congratulations' e-mail today!!!!!:}
I'm going to Doha!

ksims83
19th Mar 2009, 17:36
How long from your interview did you then find out you were successful from your open day interview? Any particular advice to give? I am attending the Toronto open day coming up. I have been a Flight Attendant already for quite sometime but having a little helpful advice is always fantastic. Let me know what you think and a sincere congratulations to you!

:ok:

missflying
19th Mar 2009, 17:43
Hello
I was wondering if you did the final interview that same day as the assesment or did they call you for that further down the road. From your previous post, I see that you were there for two days, but I did not see when the fianl interview was. Congrats to you!!!! Also, for the open day in Toronto, is it really "open" to all or do you have to be invited? I would hate to fly all the way there only to be turned away. I applied awhile ago for NYC, but saw the Toronto day and just applied. I never received a shortlist notice though...
Thanks so much!

flylicious
19th Mar 2009, 17:48
Hi Chinoa, congratulation, I read your posts both in Emirates forum and here. :ok: Big congratulation to you Chinoa, and thanks for the helpful information.

Best regards,

flylicious

tina2009
19th Mar 2009, 20:27
ChinoA CONGRATULATIONS
GOOD LUCK:ok:

Kretya
20th Mar 2009, 15:12
I wondering if anyone already got an invitation email? I applied almost a week now but things seem very quiet.. is there anybody here who will attend the 5 Apr. open day of Qatar airways in Singapore???

Many Thnx:O

ChinoA
20th Mar 2009, 16:53
Final Interview to 'Happy e-mail': They tell you to wait for two or three weeks, we got our answer in 9 days! there's groups that took more and some that took less.

KSIMS83: send me a PM and I'll get back to you.

Don't need an invitation for the OD...just show up there tidy and smiling and that's it!

If you applied online for an OD, they will shortlist you in about 7 or 5 days prior to the event, so be patient.

For all those who supported me...THANKS! :}
Good luck!

NewCrewMember
20th Mar 2009, 18:35
Hi

My friend has applied online for the open day, what does this mean exactly will she be short listed for the assessment day or does it really mean nothing. I just turned up to my open day assesment so i'm not sure on how to advise.

Emma Gemma
22nd Mar 2009, 06:59
For an Open Day you don't need an invitation to go.

.air
22nd Mar 2009, 07:29
How much experience are they asking for?

Kretya
22nd Mar 2009, 12:33
Many thanks for all answers....:O:O

solen
22nd Mar 2009, 14:20
Hi Girls!

Does anyone going to open interview in Manchester???

I'm leaving in Ireland now and working from Monday til Friday so it is a lil bit complicated to me to go for any open day, but luckily I have 3 days off in 10-13 of April (Easter break), so I could go to Manchester!

What do u think, should I go???

I dream about working as a flight attendant but I read lot of bad information about Qatar company and I'm lil bit confused...:bored:

Need some advice!!!

Marcos_Duarte
22nd Mar 2009, 14:32
Hi, Pitch!! How's everything??? :):):)

So! Have you received any letter of info from Qatar regading the OD on March?? Will you be attending in SAO or RIO? I've learned through a spare message you're from the south!! Am I right???

I really wish you very good luck and be sure I'll cheer for you!!!

imango
22nd Mar 2009, 16:54
Hi, I am a guy from Melbourne. I applied on-line for Qa open day in brisbane. Butta I don't know which day it is, not shown on the website. Anyone know that?
Is anyone know about the preference for the male CC by QA? or anything specific, such as height...
Please give me some advices. Cheers.

cdn_flyer
23rd Mar 2009, 10:20
Hi guys!!

Im currently in Canada, planning to attend the Recruitment Campaign in Vancouver in April 2009. I am 21 (male) and do have some Cabin Crew experience....

I would really like to know some information before going to the campaign. I have read the posts and feel that I should stay away from Qatar? I get the feeling after what I have read that Qatar not a good choice? Is it really that bad? If it is, in what way? Am I better off trying for Etihad or Emirates? Also, I would like to know what to REALLY expect at the Recruitment campaign? What is the process like? What questions do they ask? Do they really make you write a essay? What is it REALLY like to work for Qatar? I do understand that they might be strict, but, In what way are they strict?

Not to offend anyone, I have noticed that they have hire a lot of Asian men/women. Is there a particular reason for this? Does anyone know if there are any caucasian men/women currently working for Qatar?

I would appreciate any information any of you can give? About Crew Appartments, Layovers, anything....? PM me if you like. I am just really trying to get an idea of the company?

It is my DREAM to fly as a Cabin Crew Member, its too bad that I had to stop as I just got Laid Off from a Airline here in Canada!!

Guys, I appreciate all your answers & info, it will help me a lot!!

Thanks!

Desperate1
24th Mar 2009, 04:58
Hi ev1,

Qatar open day to be held in Mauritius 29th March. Am holder of a PPL. Could that be a drawback? CV submission day only.. Do you need to be suited up or is smart trousers and shirt good enough?
Qatar website states open contract. What does that mean? Are we allowed to leave at any time. Or is there a minimum working period required?

Many thx and all the best to those who have been recruited. Hope we do end up sharing the same work place eventually!!

NADYA
24th Mar 2009, 12:21
hey,

i'm nadya here...you are singaporean?? i did apply for the qatar open day at Hilton hotel on 5 april too ussualy u will get it a weeks later before the date line.

anyway...i'm from indonesia i will fly to singapore to attend this recruitment day!!

hope to see you there too

cheers
nadya

NADYA
24th Mar 2009, 12:58
any one go for open day in singapore 5 april 9 sharp at Hilton hotel

ChinoA
24th Mar 2009, 13:38
Hey People!

No preference for male or female cabin crew, but you do see more female CC being selected than male ( in my process ,just remained 4 guys and 8 girls for the FI ).

CDN_FLYER: Answer to all of your questions are already in the forum.
All who were selected here in Dublin are caucasians and celtic.
Info about crew, layovers, apartments will be given in the Open Day ( is just too much info to put in here )

CV Submission: means that you are gonna have to hand your resume to the recruiters and they are gonna ask you one question ( or maybe a 5 min talk like me ), you have to be neat and tidy , since they are gonna see your posture and if they like you , invite you to the Assessment Day , so business attire is mandatory at all stages.

Contracts info in the Open Day, but they do tell you about the restrictions of the contracts and you'll have to pay some money if you leave earlier.

Good luck everyone!
See ya in Doha!

Emma Gemma
24th Mar 2009, 14:05
"Pay some money if you leave earlier..."

If that was only it!

mellymoo
24th Mar 2009, 15:49
To all of you, please have a look at the "Qatar Nazi page" before leaving for Doha.

I am an ex UAE crew, and loved every minute of working in the Gulf, so much so I have reapplied for my old position but with economic strife globally all things are on hold.

However, I was going to apply for Qatar, but after reading all the information I really am going to stay away.

One girl completed her training and they have a curfew to be in accommodation before 10pm otherwise instant sack.

All I am saying is please have a look at the websites and get as much information before going. Its a long way from home, to try and run back again!!

Emma Gemma
24th Mar 2009, 16:05
Agreed.

QR loves to mess around with people and make their lives miserable!

Once in Qatar it's really difficult to get out of there.

mellymoo
24th Mar 2009, 18:18
Emgem Is Very Right,

Please All Of You Going, Pls Look At All The Pros And Cons!!

Once In You Cant Just LeaveTO GO TO The Other Gulf Airlines!! 2 Yrs Minimum Before Able To Leave!! YEs they can put a ban on your Visa!!

GirlWithQuestions
25th Mar 2009, 06:18
hello there everybody,
i have a real urgent question i hope somebody can help....

i have applied for the open day in sao paulo on the 28th but i ended up coming to japan and now i want to attend the open day in singapore on april 5th. i did receive an invitation e-mail for the open day in sao paulo but since i have applied for singapore only 2 days ago i havent heard anything yet. i want to know if it is REALLY ok to just show up on an open day.

ChinoA: did you go to your interview in dublin without an invitation e-mail?

i really dont want to just fly there and not be able to attend the interview. and i need to buy my plane ticket by TODAY!

Thank you very much everybody and good luck to all!

NewCrewMember
25th Mar 2009, 11:38
Where is this 'qatar nazi' page, i want to read it too?

Emma Gemma
25th Mar 2009, 12:13
There used to be a thread, either here or in the Middle East section, where people had written certain things that were going on in Qatar.

Definitely worth reading if you are thinking of going there!

mellymoo
25th Mar 2009, 12:29
There was a thread cant find it however, go to cabin crew, then qatar airways and read them through.

the airline i worked for we all had our own rooms and bathrooms, it was good. Remember if there are 3 to one bathroom it will be a nightmare when commencing training programmes and also when flying.

It might all sound glorious, it is hard work being a FA, and not just that you can end up in serious trouble if you dont know the rules!!

Please note that medecines that contain codeine, ephedrine and other medecines can lead to a 4 year jail sentence its classed as a form of herion. Found in headache tablets and cold mixtures

Emma Gemma
25th Mar 2009, 12:40
It might all sound glorious, it is hard work being a FA, and not just that you can end up in serious trouble if you dont know the rules!!

In Qatar Airways that means not getting exit permission for a couple of months for being two minutes late after your curfew!

mellymoo
25th Mar 2009, 14:49
Em Gem,

Thats lucky no exit permission one girl was sacked!!

Pitchi
25th Mar 2009, 19:46
Hey, Marcos Duarte
Everything is fine, thanks! Indeed I received an e-mail from QR last Sunday where they invited me to join the São Paulo Open Day :D Are you joining too in any of this location?
Yes, U R right, I'm from the south.
Thanks for the good wishes :ok:

To Mellymoo and Emma,
girls, please, are you sure about this things? I'm getting scared :uhoh: But I knew a girl who works at QR and she gave me the true about the stricts and so on. She lives fine there, never had any problem. She told me that if you keep in the rules everything goes fine :rolleyes:

I'm attending this Saturday March 28, please mates, wish me luck! :O

Chino, thanks for all your great help! :ok:

Cheers

mellymoo
25th Mar 2009, 20:14
Being honest, go along to the interview you have nothing to lose.

Just make sure you know all the facts before going, it is not the same as Dubai, Bahrain or Abu Dhabi where they are more relaxed on a lot of things if you like the Western culture.

If you dont like it, it could cost you. Whether trying to leave etc.. I do know of crew that have been downroute and just up and left and left their uniforms in the cupboards and never answered their telephones if it was a Qatar number.

Just be aware of all the facts, it might be for you it might not, look at the whole package. Just remember Etihad is recruiting and Emirates they are all on hold at present but, if you can afford to wait seriously think about it. Its not all about flying, its happiness away from your family, the layovers, accommodation as you have to share with other nationalities, the pay and hours that you work.

Emma Gemma
25th Mar 2009, 20:33
Mellymoo,

I would rather be sacked than not being able to leave the country for a couple of months!

Pitchi,

I worked with QR for three and it was even difficult at the time before all of these regulations were introduced.

QR is introducing regulations all the time in order for them to get as much control as possible over their cabin crew. If you live by the rules, you should be fine, but that is no guarantee whatsoever as QR would either demote or dismiss you for any reason. I know of a certain number of crew being sacked because they happened to be in the sight of the CEO when he was having one of his mood swings.

The environment is really hard and this is the company where they encourage their crew to report eachother. This is how many crew are promoted!

Do ask yourself if you actually are willing to put your life in the hands of QR and live your life after their rules for a couple of years.

mellymoo
25th Mar 2009, 22:09
EMGEM,

So true, crew do snitch thinking they will get promoted!!! its no guarantee over there the Gulf dont have Unions you are on your baby!! Just read and ask people who work there if you can, go on the pilot forums as a lot of FO and Capts - will tell u conditions for cabin crew!!

shannon113my
26th Mar 2009, 01:40
Hi Nadya,

How are you? Im from Malaysia and will be attending the open day in Sg,See you there ok....will keep in touch.Mayb can meet you there...see ya

Regards

shannon

Golterrier
26th Mar 2009, 09:47
It´s nice to see someone who knows what he/she wants´.
I´ve got a stiuation here.I was invited to an QA open day in Frankfurt on the 28/03/2009.Due to my spain residency i wanted to confirm the Madrid Qatarairways open day which is on the 25th of the next month.But, their recruitment e-mail adress doesn´t accept replies and on their website i can´t find like a general e-mail adress to send them my request and confirmation.Can you give me an advice in this situation please? and also can you tell me how much is making a new cabin crew at QA?
thx a lot :)

Golterrier
26th Mar 2009, 09:55
??????????????????????????????????

ArthurNielsen
26th Mar 2009, 10:19
Hi Nadya, Kretya, GirlWithQuestions, and Shannon! :ok: I'll also be attending the Singapore Open day... wow, good to see a few troopers to that place. I am even planning to actually stay inside Hilton just to make sure that I will not be late, hehe. Also, I'll be flying from the Philippines, and I really hope that everything will all go just fine. All the best to all of us! And ChinoA, my warmest thanks to your very informative post. Your guidance, tips, and reminders will surely go a long way.

GirlWithQuestions, no need to receive an invitation to the open day. I am 100 million percent sure of that. That email notification you've received was just sent basically to inform you of the Open Day details. But you don't need to print it and show it to any recruimtent officer on that day.

All the best!

ArthurNielsen
26th Mar 2009, 10:28
Hi there! No need for any confirmation whatsoever just to attend an open day in any country where they will conduct it. You can just show up there donning your most amazing business attire without any invitation at all. However, they are encouraging applicants to attend the next open day in a location that's nearest them because expenses incurred during the application process will not be shouldered by QR.

Salary's revealed on the official QR website, assuming that it is up-to-date. But based on what I can remember, basic starting salary is $1,579 USD inclusive of flying pay plus meal allowances and joining bonus (2500 Qatari Riyals I think).

gusoni
26th Mar 2009, 11:24
Can anyone tell me if QR has any age restrictions when hiring? I am 43 year old. They will be recruiting in MAD this april and I may apply!!! I have been working for the travel industry for more than 10 years and have a lot of custumer service experience.
Thx for the reply:)

Emma Gemma
26th Mar 2009, 11:57
When I was hired you couldn't be older than 25 years old (without airline experience) and not older than 30 years old (with airline experience). They seem to have removed this requirement now but they probably have an upper age limit restriction. Perhaps you could email them and ask!

shannon113my
26th Mar 2009, 13:28
hi ArthurNielsen,

well what a warm welcome u gave us and to kick start the day,so u will be flying in from phillipines i see..thats far..didnt u attend the open day in manila?what makes you come all the way to sg?Anyway just wanna wish us all the best n see u in singapore.....Hope we get through....Anyway catch up with you soon...tc...

regards

shannon

flygirl00
26th Mar 2009, 15:17
Cheers everyone,

I just attended the open day last weekend at Sheraton Rio and I got through the final interview... YAY!!!

There were over 150 people for the open day on Sunday, by Monday there were 30 something for the assessment day and only 10 made it to the final interview the next day. So I guess I was very lucky :ok:

They told me to wait from 2 to 3 weeks for an answer by e-mail... Hopefully I´ll get an answer before that, like our friend CHINO got his answer in 9 days... I´m just too excited :O

For people who are wondering, you don´t need to be short listed for the open day, I signed up on Qatar´s web site 2 days before the open day and was not short listed. It doesn´t matter at all!!! They are very strict with the grooming (not so much on the open day, but its good to make a first impression) Also, your photos are very important, they might accept just any photos on the open day but they will ask you for other photos if they don´t meet the requirements. I got mine done professionally and it was not expensive. They were also very picky about the background of the pictures, don´t bring pictures showing your house flooring and things on the background... That´s why I got mine done at a studio because they have different color backgrounds and they look very neat.

The full photo should be with arms on the side and facing FORWARD. For girls just put one foot slightly in front of the other.

Girls, don´t bring pictures with your hair down, they will not accept it, as they need to see your face and picture how you would look with the hat that goes with the uniform. Nice make-up and if you have long hair, put it in a bun, dont just make a poney-tail. If you have short-hair, just wear it down neatly behind your ears.

Just a few tips :ok:

Cheers and good luck everyone...

Golterrier
26th Mar 2009, 16:44
thanks ArthurNielsen.
Do you think that in order to be selected by the recruitment team depends on me too to be selected for interviews, or it´s just simply luck?
A month ago i´ve attended an assesment day for Etihad airways and i wasn´t even interviewed.I don´t know what to do any more than just applying to every airline i know. cause i really want to become a cabin crew.
Cause i hate when a council formed only by girls have to choose based on good looks.What about us more ugly guys,you know....? :O:)

Golterrier
26th Mar 2009, 16:46
as far as i know the age limit is around 35 y.o but could be mistaking.The best thing for you is to take a short look at the job description.

ChinoA
26th Mar 2009, 20:49
There`s no such thing like 'ugly people'...just ' bad taken care of'.

Wear a business attire, shave, get a nice haircut , smile and you`ll be fine!

Good Luck!:}

Pitchi
26th Mar 2009, 22:31
Flygirl00,

congrats! You were ace! Thanks for the tips. I'm from southern Brazil and am attending this Saturday in São Paulo, I'm very excited!

I'll keep my fingers crossed for you to recieved the 'Happy to inform e-mail' asap ;)

Cheers

ChinoA
26th Mar 2009, 23:49
Boa Sorte ai!

Looking forward to see colleagues from Brazil in Doha!:}

FRA_FRA
27th Mar 2009, 01:41
Hello everyone,

I want to go to the open days here in FRA and I´m looking for some hints during the interviews.
What kind of questions do they ask?
And do they rather want a resume or a CV?

thanks...

FlyBoy1983
27th Mar 2009, 02:27
@FRA_FRA

My friend attanded the Istanbul Open Day last week and went through the final, now he is waiting for the medicals and joining date.

First of all, the looks are important for the first impression, when you go, wear a business attire, shave, same looks for your photos you will bring with.I think the first day is all about your outfit and photos which will be used to decide if you will be shortlisted for the second day or eliminated, because they don't ask anything about you first day, they only collect your CV and photos, that is all.

According to my observations during the open days, i can tell you that the key for being succesfull is "being calm." My friend did not talk much during the group discussions, but he was very calm and self-confident though, and he passed them all and went through the final stage, they just don't want any agressive people nor too quiet ones. You just need to know the balance during the group discussions.

Viel Erfolg ;)

ArthurNielsen
27th Mar 2009, 03:35
Hi once again! No problem! :ok: Hope to see you there as well. QR did conduct an open day here in Manila, but it was only open for females unfortunately (has always been since last year). And Singapore isn't actually that far from the Philippines. I can reach Singapore a little bit over an hour by plane. All the best to you and to all of us! Countdown to April 5, woohoo!

flygirl, congratulations and all the best to you! I sincerely wish that you'll receive a positive response from them. :)

ArthurNielsen
27th Mar 2009, 03:45
No problem! I believe it hugely depends on your skill with a bit of luck on the side. But at the end of the day, the outcome of the recruitment process will always depend on you and how you perform during the actual recruitment process. And don't fret if you don't have that supermodel- kind-of-look because being a cabin crew is more than having a flawless face and a physically-fit body. Though being presentable is important, possessing the ability to deliver excellent customer service and having a team-player kind of attitude is much more vital. I'm sure QR knows this because they have a reputation to maintain. So just do your best and show to them the best that you can offer come open day. I'm sure that if you do this, they wouldn't hesitate to immediately welcome you to their company. :ok:

gusoni
27th Mar 2009, 19:50
to tell you the truth, your argument sounds really proffessional and I do really appreciate your point of view. Let me ask you a quick question, at the moment, I am planning to apply for a cabin crew position in QR. I am 43 years old. I would like to know if you can tell me something about this. Are they willing to hire a 43 year old guy with more than 10 years working in the travel industry field and also with customer service experience? Look forward to your reply? Gus

Emma Gemma
27th Mar 2009, 20:22
Probably not to be honest. QR can be pretty fussy about age and they do have a desired age restriction. The management has also sacked several crew members for their age.

I know of one person, around 35 to 40, who attended an open day and told that they were outside of the desired age. They could also think of you being too experienced for a cabin crew position as you have over ten years experience. If you have experience from a first class enviroment you could always try Qatar Amiri.

However you could always apply and see if you are invited.

still dreaming
27th Mar 2009, 21:10
anyone going OD in Belgrade?

ArthurNielsen
28th Mar 2009, 05:42
Much thanks... :) oh well, I am not really sure about that 'coz it will be my first time ever to apply to any international airline. the best people to answer your question would be those that have already experienced applying to QR, or the current or ex-employees of the company. You might also want to send them an email and ask them regarding your concern, or just go ahead and try applying online first. If you do receive an invite to go to an assessment day, then that means that you might probably be eligible. I did check the QR website though, and they only stated the minimum age requirement which is 21. emma gemma might be right. You can go and try for Amiri, although you must at least have a minimum of 3 years First Class experience prior to your application. All the best to you! :)

shannon113my
28th Mar 2009, 10:30
Any1 with a little experience....

can some1 plz explain a little on what are they actually looking for in the group discussion....becaus e my friend told me that he was eliminated in the group discussion without knowing what went wrong.....

thank u and looking forward for a response

NADYA
29th Mar 2009, 09:12
any one attend open day in singapore on 5 april??

Emma Gemma
29th Mar 2009, 11:00
Shannon,

As far as I know, there is only one elimination on the actual assessment day which is based on your entire performance throughout the day: impressions, measurement of your height and weight, language test and participation in group discussions.

It's really difficult to say why your friend was eliminated and in which part of the assessment day.

In the group discussion it's important to participate nicely and show that you can actually work with others. Don't be too dominative or too submissive. Be ackknowledgeable and understanding towards the other people in your group and do not interupt. It's not actually WHAT you say but HOW you say it, unless you would say anything rude or inappropiate of course.

ChinoA
29th Mar 2009, 11:01
Hey shannon!

I really think that what they are looking in a person, is someone who can work as a team and someone who has enough stamina to deal with several hours of work without losing his charisma.

For example , if you look tired ( your sitting position in the chair, your posture , your face ) , if you're trying to hard ( look at the recruiters like saying ' look at me' ), if you don't respect your mates opinion ( like saying ' I think you're wrong' or interrupting someone when he is talking ) or if you stay too quiet and shy...END OF THE ROAD FOR YOU THAT DAY BABE!

Good luck there!
Cheers!

GirlWithQuestions
29th Mar 2009, 15:59
Thank you ArthurNielsen for your answer.

I have decided to attend the open day in Nanjing in China cause it's just closer to me. Flights to Singapore weren't that cheap from Japan.

The thing about Nanjing is that it says "CV Submissions Only" on the website. I thought all open days were CV subsmissions only, is it going to be different in Nanjing? Just to make sure. If anybody knows please let me know since I will be be coming a long way for that open day.

Thanks and good luck to everybody.

ichenel
29th Mar 2009, 17:15
Hi guys, I attended the open day(resume Submission) today in Mauritius. They said they would give me a call later in the afternoon. I left the building at 10AM and its now 10PM, still no call. I assume I havent been shortlisted and Im fine with that. However I find this rather unprofessional.:ugh: you dont leave a person waiting for a whole day for a phone call that might not come. ive been stressing for the whole day for that phone call and it never came. A NO would have been ok, at least id know. You cant just not call when you said u would, thats really unprofessional and rude. Anyway, after reading that thread im happy I didnt get selected. Im a person who really likes his freedom and it seems that this is not an option when working for them.

flygirl00
30th Mar 2009, 14:17
Hi Ichenel,

Didn´t they give you a time frame to call? Like in Brazil we left the open day at 2pm and they said that if you didn´t receive a call from them till´ 6pm that day, it means you were not short listed.
So basicly you would instantly know the answer if you didn´t get the call by 6pm.

Best regards,
Monique

yucyme
30th Mar 2009, 14:30
Anyone attending open day in Houston TX?;)

rickygonzales
30th Mar 2009, 16:51
Guys think hundred times before applying with QR... Thats my simple and honest advice!