View Full Version : Qatar Airways Wannabes & Recruitment I

Pages : 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

birddream
30th Mar 2009, 18:57
why? I am recently preparing to send out my CVs to those airlines in Gulf region, apart from EK stop open globally, now I am switching to Etihad and Qatar, so any advices on this? I have no premium education experience such like degree, but I do my work in restaurant for couple years. Do you think I am compatible for this job?

cheers.

ichenel
1st Apr 2009, 07:14
hi Flygirl00.

No they didnt. They just said that they would give me a call later this afternoon. I went there with another friend and the lady told her the same thing. She got the 'yes' call at bout 4:30 but I got nuttin. she should at least have given me a timeframe as they did with you. OH well, doesnt matter....sounds like QA isnt the way to go at the moment anyway. Im probably lucky I didnt get selected, now im not losing precious years of my life trapped and treated like a kid. I wonder how the other older cabin crew deal with that kind of stuff. I mean, if you wanna get married you have to ask the CEO's permission?!?! what?!?!? Basically it just sounds like the company 'owns' their personnel. Not cool!

birddream
1st Apr 2009, 07:29
is QR really treating their cabin crew so bad?

unagi
1st Apr 2009, 11:58
Hi:)

I attended QR open day a month ago,wanna go this weekend again... I didn't make it through the final interview, should I wait 6 months ?

I'm confused...I dunno what went wrong last time, I'm the same person who was good enough to join emirates. Especially if they picked some with "me-myself and I" attitude, who would actually tell the recruiters they didn't like teamwork).

Emma Gemma
1st Apr 2009, 11:58
Yes, yes and yes. Morale is very low (if even existent at all).

QR is recruiting all the time because crew are resigning and getting sacked in huge amounts every month. They never have the right numbers of crew.

flygirl00
1st Apr 2009, 14:08
Dear ChinoA :)

The link to your new blog is not opening... it´s giving me an error message :confused: Can you please send it again???

When are you leaving to DOHA???

Beijos

flygirl00
1st Apr 2009, 14:11
Hi Pitchi...

How was the open day in SP??? I´m hoping that you made it through!!!

beijos

flygirl00
1st Apr 2009, 14:30
ChinoA,

Never mind sending the link again, I got it!!! There were two extra spaces between the words...

Just had a blonde moment lol :ugh:

Nice page by the way!!!

Cheers,

Emma Gemma
1st Apr 2009, 15:01
A bit of advice:

I would be very careful creating such blogs and making myself known as the QR management will absolutely love it.

unagi
1st Apr 2009, 18:40
could anyone pls answer my question bout re-applying... pls :)

FlyBoy1983
1st Apr 2009, 18:55
@ unagi

I was told by QR recurtiment team that you can not apply before 6 months if you get eliminated in the final interview stage. So, that means unless your papers are sent to Doha and you get a No from them, you can always keep applying.

unagi
1st Apr 2009, 19:08
thank u both :)
In that case Im going (I mean- driving for 15 hrs:)) to Serbia.

ChinoA- we met in DUB, I remember U.Congrats:ok:

seacrest3000
2nd Apr 2009, 16:42
Can I become a cabin crew if i weat glasses? I plan on going for laser eye surgery soon...

GirlWithQuestions
3rd Apr 2009, 16:54
i will be going to nanjing open day next week... should be interesting there!

emma: thank you for your help, i was able to get in touch with them and make sure i could attend the open day i wanted to.

best wishes to everybody.

Negstyle89
3rd Apr 2009, 18:34
hello
i have been to the final interview and i did not bring my photos on that day as my FI was early in the morning. they gave me an email address to send the photos. But it seems that it is a wrong one. has anyone got this problem before?? plz PM me so that i can sort it out.. my FI was on tuesday and today is friday so just to make the things go faster.
Thx a lot guys.. hope to hear from u

abigailnoo
3rd Apr 2009, 21:02
Does QR contact the person in your reference's letter? If yes, what do they ask about?
Thankssss:)

abigailnoo
3rd Apr 2009, 21:05
I got this email address
[email protected]

Just try it. Good luck!!!

cykoh
4th Apr 2009, 03:12
hi all,

i applied online and got an invitation email for the open day tomorrow.
i have 10years flying experience, but i'm already 36. not sure if they had overlooked that info in my resume. can any kind soul advise if they do recruit people my age as newbies, or should i not waste my time trying? :confused:

many thanks :)

abigailnoo
4th Apr 2009, 07:00
I was at the OD last week and one girl was asking about the age limit. Well, the recruiters said, until now they do not have age limit but they are going to do it soon. As long as you don't look so old, so it is never mind. So,just keep trying. You won't lose anything...The open day was great and they are very helpful.:ok:

cykoh
4th Apr 2009, 08:06
abigail

thx :)

nadya

best of luck tomorrow :ok:

NADYA
4th Apr 2009, 14:17
you are very welcome...see you tmr

GirlWithQuestions
5th Apr 2009, 13:54
i was also wondering how the OD was in singapore. i was supposed to be there but decided to attend in nanjing next week... seems like nobody is going to nanjing by the way...

donotdesign
5th Apr 2009, 15:30
hey, i attended the OD in singapore today. it was my first time attending any airline OD actually. it was impressive. the crowd was around 400? with people from china, myanmar, philippines, korea and italy?(if i heard correctly)etcetc. i could see lots of potential everywhere esp the first row right in front. they look really professional. unfortunately, i did not get thru (no calls from them) i expected it cause i was kind of shaking :{ perhaps those who got thru could share more with us? :)

99heyho
6th Apr 2009, 12:48
For the SG OD, the interviewers said there were actually 500 pple attended.

ChinoA
6th Apr 2009, 14:07
Wow!!!

As I was told:

Dublin OD > 105 people
Sao Paulo OD> 150 people
Rio OD > 150 people

SavinMe
6th Apr 2009, 16:33
I'm still patiently waiting for the offer. Anyone else expecting to go to Doha soon?

ArthurNielsen
6th Apr 2009, 17:01
i also didn't get in! sadness... it was also my first time ever so i was also a bit fidgety. in fact, my hands were still shaking right after i left the venue! but i really did appreciate audrey (the half-singaporean, half-malaysian) and carrie (the british). i went for audrey and she only asked the name i prefer to be called and my contact number. i guess it's fair enough to say that you know that you are possibly through to the next round if your conversation to the recruiter will last for more than 45 seconds i guess, haha. it was also a bit sad that she didn't even bother looking at the other contents of my resume, although that's very much understandable because there were like hundreds and hundreds of applicants that day.

By the way, just want to share that Audrey kept on emphasizing that people shouldn't act like babies once they get to Doha because no one forced them to go there in the first place. And I believe I've heard her say that QR FAs still need to take a breathalyzer test before reporting for duty.

lastly, she herself shared that she failed twice before becoming an FA for SIA (her first cabin crew job before moving to QR). so just try and try! :ok: Goodluck to all! :ok:

SavinMe
6th Apr 2009, 17:08
^ Sorry to read on that Arthur. Don't loose hope kapatid.

Audrey and Carrie? I had my OD with them as well but not in SG. Audrey is the one with an assymetrical haircut? She has a good memory and face recognition skill. During my final interview she asked this 'thing' and I was surprised that she remembered me and maybe each and everyone who turned up.

ChinoA
6th Apr 2009, 17:08
Just sent all my medicals today and waiting for final clearance!:}

SavinMe
6th Apr 2009, 17:14
^ Wow so am I lol. We could be on the same batch if we're lucky.

abigailnoo
6th Apr 2009, 19:17
How did you do your medical and how long did you need until you get all the medical's result? I am still waiting for the offer. Hopefully they will employ me. Does somebody know, how do they select the people after the final interview? We were 11 who got to the final interview. I am wondering how many from us will get the job. Are there still another selection in Doha? Or it all depends on the recruiters' decision after had Final Interview with us?

Many thanks in advance to your answer guys...

Alexander__mmk
6th Apr 2009, 20:13
heya guys! I suppose to be the third who sent the medicals yesterday ) heh, there is a chance to be at the same batch ))

ChinoA
6th Apr 2009, 20:13
Hey! so you got through the process to the Final Iinterview and now waiting for the result right? Well , so far you're almost there but , based on your photos, your CV and how well did you do in the interviews ( remember the recruiter writing a lot of things while you were speaking? ) they will select the successful ones! Here I think they selected 7 out of 12 who got to the FI.

Medicals exams, really hard thing as each country issues the results in a different way and you have to complain the QR standards, but it´s OK , they will normally tell you how to get it and send it to them.

So , if you were selected and your medicals were OK , you already got the job! I´ve been fighting with my medicals for two weeks now, but I think everything' s fine now!

Good luck!:ok:
Keep positive!

abigailnoo
6th Apr 2009, 20:59
Chino...thanks for your message..7 from 12? oh my god...I don't have a good feeling. Everytime if I remembered the FI, I thought that I have made some mistakes. Just see.. I can't wait to get an email from them. Our FI was last week monday, so do you think we will get the answer by end of this week? I can't sleep anymore!!!:rolleyes:
When are you supposed to join them? When did you have your FI?

abigailnoo
6th Apr 2009, 21:03
One more question please..

Did they contact the person which you gave in their employment's form as your Referees?

ChinoA
6th Apr 2009, 23:12
Hey!

Don't worry , be confident and you'll be fine , remember ' you attract everything you think, so think positive and you'll get it'.

Monday...so that would be ONE WEEK? I think you'll have to wait a little longer, I waited 9 days , some people waited just one week and some are waiting more than two or three weeks , so that is really random.
I don´t know if they tried to contact my referees since I am living overseas now, but I think they will ask for some reference letters when you arrive into DOH.

I'm supposed to join them in April ( they gave me just that info in the congrats email ) but no certain date yet!

I really want to fly out there! really looking forward to it!
Good luck and be patient!

Ah! I am from the Dublin batch!

abigailnoo
7th Apr 2009, 05:13
Thanks a lot for your encourage..I will let you know upon receiving an Email from them. Please let us know if you arrive in DOH.

Good luck!

qwerty_asdf
7th Apr 2009, 06:55
i attended OD in singapore. and i reached the final interview..now im waiting for the result.. im praying for the good news..13 of us in the 1st batch got in..

hjy75
7th Apr 2009, 17:14
Hi,one question.
does someone know that EK.EY and QR, which has more layover in their roster? i think that QR has a lof of turnaround.

BahCabinCrew
8th Apr 2009, 02:27
hello everyone, i would like to know if anyone has an email address for Qatar Airways Cain Crew recruitment. Please if any has it let me know. Thanks :D

BahCabinCrew
8th Apr 2009, 02:29
Hello All, I would like to know if anyone has the email address for Qatar Airways Cabin Crew Recruitment Department, Please let me know. Thanks:D

Negstyle89
8th Apr 2009, 06:45
thx abigailnoo i will try the email u gave me

qwerty_asdf
8th Apr 2009, 09:33
good luck abi.. wish u all the best!!!

qwerty_asdf
8th Apr 2009, 09:38
hi, when is your FI? how long you've been waiting?

qwerty_asdf
8th Apr 2009, 09:49
:).............................

Negstyle89
8th Apr 2009, 10:28
has anyone had his final interview in Mauritius in March/April 2009???

missflying
8th Apr 2009, 11:44
Has anyone been shortlisted for the Toronto OH?

Alexander__mmk
8th Apr 2009, 12:50
hey guys! for those who are experienced for getting medical clearance from Qatatar Airways Medical center, how long it usually takes to get cleared once the all documents are sent to them? Really impatient about that. Thanks

Leila3
8th Apr 2009, 14:29
Hi just wondering if anyone is planning on going to this open day? I'm super excited!!!:O

Emma Gemma
8th Apr 2009, 15:02
Could you please try not to mention the name of the recruiters? It's not very fair on the specific individuals as they probably haven't agreed to it.

Emma Gemma
8th Apr 2009, 15:06
HJY75,

They do have a huge amount of turnarounds, particulary within the Gulf (Intra-Gulf) and the Middle East, some parts of Africa (CAI, KRT etc ), Iran and the Indian Subcontinent (BOM, KHI, LHE etc). They also have certain trips (AUH, BAH, DXB etc) when you have to sit on the aircraft for a couple of hours in the middle of the night before returning to DOH.

Other destinations are layovers.

six romeo alpha
8th Apr 2009, 22:31
Hi, I am too! I'm looking forward to it.

As I understand it anyone can go to the open day and then during the day they assess our CVs to see who they want to invite back for the Sunday. Can anyone confirm this please?

Cheers, Rob

Megan26
8th Apr 2009, 23:40
Hey there,

I think i will be attending the open day at Birmingham on the 18th April, but needed to clarify im only 20 and dont turn 21 till October, is this okay? or would it be better to wait till im 21? not sure what Qatar say about age limit.

Hope someone can help:)
x

Megan26
8th Apr 2009, 23:42
Hey there,

Wanting to attend an open day, but unsure if i should wait till im 21, im 20 and 21 in October, Hope someone can help:)

Thanks

ChinoA
9th Apr 2009, 00:23
Hey Megan!

For Qatar Airways you need to be 20 y.o to apply! so Go for it!
Good Luck!:}

fragante
9th Apr 2009, 03:28
How is it?? goodluck to everybody..........

hjy75
9th Apr 2009, 06:55
thanks for ur replying.
so u mean that three of these companys(EK.EY.QR) almost have the same rosters(a lot of turnarounds)?
but it seems that EK and EY have more other destinations out of Middle East than QR.

junpei_kun
9th Apr 2009, 10:33
hi all!

well, just sharing this experience since i also got lots of benefits from forums. PLEASE DONT READ IF YOU ARE LOOKING FOR GENERAL TIPS. again, this is just an experience about the whole process-how i felt about it.anyway, i attended the OD last Apr 5 for QR at Hilton hotel Singapore. i arrived there few minutes before were the seats are half full. went to the gents to do some fix then moments later..booom! room were filled very fast. a lot of people are standing up. so getting notice is pretty hard and well..there are tons of pretty good looking folks there (so I'm thinking it will be a hell of competition). The open day discussed an overview about Qatar and life as a cabin crew. btw, I applied online but didnt get invitation – but still, i went there. it's important to ask questions. but there is this one dude who persistently asked questions to the point he's getting himself ridiculed. i also tried to count the number of crowd, not really paying attention to the video (coz i researched about that before i applied). it was about 500+ versus 2 recruitment officers. geeez [also the scenario is one of them taking the whole left side and the other one taking the whole right side - you can switch who do you want to go to..asian or british].. moments later, we handed over our CVs one at a time. I was sitting somewhere at the last row..so it took me almost 2 hours just to get my chance. they explained that we will be receiving a call latest by 1730 if we are shortlisted. i was thinking, within that very very short period of time - you only have an average of 1 minute to sell yourself. i don’t think the CV counts at this time (well maybe a little coz they will just scan thru it and i think they are looking the way you reflect yourself by your CV - how presentable you are - details arent important). going down to the recruiters.. they introduced themselves. one is asian and one is brit who will later on take 50-50 of the total applicants. from this, im trying to analyze what's they're personality. (im no expert..so im just making my own assumptions here--well that's how i behave). -im asian. so most probably, i know what asian women prefers. roughly i know little about british folks..i can speak good english but i might not impress the brit coz its her native tongue... so at this point, im trying to shift on the other side (asian officer) to increase my chance. but then, i notice the asian lady is quite stressed (she does most of the talking). sometimes she will emphasize something like instructions for those people who doesn't follow. but still she smiled (but you can see how her face changed) - but to be fair, she's very forgiving and does not take it personally - very aware of a human nature..so from here, im still observing if her tension will subside. then suddenly.. a cute girl approached me trying to switch. reason being is that, she's not used with the accent of the asian and prefer the brit one. (i dont believe it actually coz im sure they notice that the brit is more friendly..haha). and so, i declined her offer. but i think of it thoroughly..of all the people out there, why on earth that girl chosen me to switch with her? im thinking it as a sign..haha! so after a short while, i approached her and decided to switch. then im set...so it's almost a row difference before my turn comes up. i was just trying to analyze how they arrange the CVs. So I'm assuming the highest pile of papers are the ones who failed. there are four stacks. 3 on the table and 1 stack is hidden below it. ok - my 1 minute shot..i made sure that im not holding ANYTHING except my CV and the pictures (pls dont include your certs coz you might get scolded - unless they asked about it). so i smiled before my turn and until i reached her. i handed it over with my two hands and greeted her with full etiquette. my CV display visibly my name so she spotted it very easily and called me using that. i commented about her and not saying anything about me (im just trying to be different from what she usually hears just to instill a little memory about me). so she asked
if its my first time. but i answered more than that to display that i can meet their fluency requirement. then it just lasted almost a minute and a quarter. i didnt look back where will my paper be stack..coz how i dont have full confidence that ill be shortlisted.
it was around 1350 when my turn finished. then by estimate, they may be able to finish the whole crowd by 1500. then probably late lunch for an hour. so from 1600-1730, that's their call-out for shortlisted applicants. meaning, they already screened you the moment you stepped in their "territory". again, this is only my theory. so while waiting, i slept holding my phone..then it rang!!hehe...happy moment. so they have told me what time i need to be there. please take note that they may do the assessment (which is the following day) by batches depending on the number who were shortlisted. reason why i said it is because you might thought that your schedule is a bit off and wonder how come they will put you at this time when all of your friends are different. so be sure to take note of the timing and verify it while on the call. otherwise, if you call back the number, it will be connected to a hotel trunk line and even if you ask to transfer, SOP will be "they/extensions are busy"-thus, ending up going there early in the morning just to play safe. the following day. i was on the second batch, around 40+ of us, which started 1330. i assumed that the first batch has more or less the same number which can be sum up to 80+ shortlisted - about 15%-17% of the total applicants, which im really sure that they will downsize it to a small (or very small) fraction. so to start the process, exam..you'll be provided with answer sheets (like scantron for easy checking). FOLLOW the instructions. it's a 50 minute test that will assess your english skills - pls dont rush and think thoroughly. concurrently, there's a reach test (which i believe will test your alertness, review of physical attributes (your face, built, height, skin,teeth, composure, grooming (not necessarily to wear suit [trust me]), reach, etc.)+an optional small talk. again, i sold myself a little bit trying to make them remember me. about my appearance, to be honest, i just got my breakout. DAMN, the most common pitfall (seriously). i have pimples and acne scars, i mean PIMPLES,at forehead, some at cheeks, and at jaws. So during the reach test, i'm trying to keep my distance. i put concealer and foundation which was advised by some forums - i'm male (not gay).. so going back to the test, it's a multiple choice: comprehension,vocabulary, misusage of words (tricky for me), time expressions, and essay. in general, it's an average high school exam. So im trying to ace it to catch their attention too. at this time, the purpose of the essay doesnt have an impact. you just need to put something on it sensible enough - but i advise that you need to compose it thoroughly and a lot time for that... after that, a group discussion..pls dont hesitate to volunteer yourself. you need to make them remember you in this "battle". and remember these words - time management. it's very essential to keep track of the time and let them know if you're done with the activity. you need to show respect in your group and give way. lean on the chair and relax (dont sit leaning forward coz you're blocking the view of the officer). don't make eye contact with them trying to tell "hey listen to me" - typical pitfall. when you talk, make it louder with confidence. breath deeper if you are nervous (but silently so that nobody will hear it). make eye contact with your group members as if you're very interested with what's going on. i remember one time that there's someone who did not talk at all. i "marked" her..and she didn't make further.. then elimination... we went out the room for them to check the papers and decide the “weakest links”. i saw a guy who's a lot taller than me and really good looking + no sign of pimples and has a good complexion. he speaks well but I noticed a big problem on his communication part. when he talks, it sounds so fluent. but i can hardly understand it. it's like a mix of accent trying to overdo it that makes mispronouncing the words - or even eating the words he was saying. in short - it's not clear. if i will give a tip (i just learned it somewhere), when you speak, you need to open your mouth just enough to pronounce the words clearly…later then, when the results came out, he was not included (who i really thought that he will be a standout candidate).
so from 40+ down to 20+. i was thinking that the officers are mentally tired at the moment and it may be disadvantageous for us. so i really need to think a way to caught their attention. next activity was still a group one. we were divided in to 2 groups. this time, it was a situational one. i'm considered lucky coz my mates are smart and cooperative,
someone who will fill my shortcomings. most of them are really nice and has the determination to make it through. but then, all i was thinking is that, i cannot compete with them coz there's no point. but i need to impress the officer..then the only thing came up to my mind - sense of humor..i really need to make a good timing for it. first i spoke loud enough to make my share. then almost at the end, i found my way to make a joke when i know the officer is looking at my side. its not a silly joke but rather, i tried to twist the situation with something that's far from what they are saying - like in a storytelling Because of this, the officer made my joke as an example of how our team thinking in different angles of the situation. at the end of the process, results were out and we were told to bid farewell to those who doesnt make it. i'm trying to count the number of people who made it but i was really overwhelmed with joy of making it thru. when we're back, to our surprise, everyone made it to the next round. TIP to be stand out if you’re in the same situation: it was almost a BIG chance for me to tell them that “all passed so why bid arewell?” but I was caught up with my emotions. if that happens again, you could make a difference with your analytical skills and memory. hehe.. so last day of the process (not the entire process like medical) is the Final interview conducted with the succeeding days depending on the number of persons who made it to the next tage. so i counted the number of folks who pass at the first batch base from the list of schedule (i think there are 13). i was in the second batch and it was 20+. well i took the most "convenient" schedule forme..what i mean is that, how stress the officers are, who are the candidates before me..what is the ambience in the room and current lighting for me to hide my pimples. i just thought that these factors will affect how i will perform in their point of view and also, this will give me a chance to open several small talks to make myself friendly and warm.
so ok..the final interview..there was a form that we need to fill-up. please write legibly and in BOLD letters with BLACK ink. this will be their reference. also dont forget a copy of your passport, and highest educational cert. new set of pictures (if needed)....i can say that my chosen slot was really suitable in my personality. i managed to crack several jokes and express my concern with them when they look really tired. i was very honest and very talkative (well as you can see here right?). my face shows also happiness giving it a lot of energy in their view. i bought rapid white for my teeth too so i can smile as much as i can during that period. haha! i've read some in the forums that it will just be a chat about you for an average of 30 mins..but the way they asked things - for example - how can you bring your "irrelevant experiences" into a successful cabin crew? - how do you handle such real life situations that also demonstrates proper decision making. Integrity, selflessness, being proactive..etc etc.. in short, what can you tell them about your characteristics that will give an impression that, "this guy/lady will be suitable for this job". and remember the essay that you wrote/will write on the exam? they need to read it before they conduct your final interview. that will give them additional questions about your personality. so if you just wrote there without thinking through, then you're showing a side of you not being committed in that application. oh, they managed to remember those small things i did throughout the process..so far, so good. but i also did mistakes which im afraid, my mates who's reading this will be able to know who I am..haha..i dont mind actually. anyway, they will also asked you if you have any questions..well it's better to ask also..but i
didnt..just made an excuse for not asking anything..hehe..in the end, they asked me if i have distinguishing marks..and i didnt hide it anymore coz i think they have good eyesight and the interview is quite close in distance. so i told them about my pimples - which i hope will not turn me down... in general, this process will really bring out whether you have a potential or not. it may sound simple, but still, thorough. the officers are working effectively as a "2-man team". do not underestimate them too. well of course, they are very nice.not biased,doesnt take mistakes personally, professional, and forgiving.

im still waiting for the results and we will be advise about 2-3 weeks time. then u need to do your medical (at your own expense).
hopefully, we can make it through. i wish you all the best and i hope this helps. many thanks to the folks who read this looooong post.. ciao!!

SavinMe
9th Apr 2009, 10:57
Romeo - That's right. You can just walk in with your cv and photos without an invitation . Presentation and assesment on the first day then final interview the next day if you're selected. But if there's a huge volume of candidates, the process may take 3 days. Day 1 - CV submission, Day 2 - Assesment, Day 3 - Final interview.

Megan - Minimum age for QR is 20. EK and EY is 21. So have a go and good luck!

Leila3
9th Apr 2009, 11:48
Megan your age meets the requirements. As long as your customer service experience meets the required amount you will have just as good a chance as any of us. Where are you travelling from?

Leila3
9th Apr 2009, 11:51
Savin me

Have you recently attended an open day, how did it go? I am hoping that there are not a huge amount there so we can do the assesment in the same day. Having to travel 3 or 4 times is majorly inconvieniant for me :bored:.

SavinMe
9th Apr 2009, 12:22
Good luck Leila. How far do you live from Manch? When I attended the OD I booked a single train ticket cos if I make it I have to stay one night around the venue for the FI the day after. If I don't then I'm coming home the same day.

There were 2 Qatar HR on that day. There was a presentation about the airline, living in Qatar, experiences etc then we had the opportunity to ask questions. Ask relevant once to get noticed.. and SMILE. Before lunch break we handed our CV's and photos in to them. When it's your turn they will make a little conversation with you. We came back after an hour and had the english essay test. During which, we were called one by one to do the reach test. They asked a few questions like 'Why Qatar Airways?' 'Why not other airlines?' 'Where do you see yourself in 5 years?' again, SMILE! but dont fake it. Then when the time was up we were asked to leave the room and come back in like 20mins. Then, group discussion + first elimination. Then another group discussion + second elimination. It was nerve wracking I tell you. Like when they were calling out the names of those who will stay, my hands were cold and shaking lol. After that we were giving forms to fill in and were asked to retake out photos for the final 2-on-1 interview the next day. We also get to choose our time slot. The final interview was a lot more relaxed. They just asked me about my cv, how you deal with situations and if you have anything to ask. It lasted around 1/2 hour but feels like 10mins cos the interviewers were so nice, it's just like having an informal conversation with your friends. Yet again, be confident and SMILE! I can't emphasize that enough. I was surprised though when they asked me about tiny details I did on the assesment. They will remember cos they have the skill to recognize you and watch everything you do.

2-3 weeks later you'd get an email if you're successful or not. I got the 'Congratulations' email and proceeded on my medicals. Now I'm waiting for clearance from Qatar Medical Centre and hopefully e-ticket will be emailed soon.

Leila3
9th Apr 2009, 12:29
Wow thanks for all the info, not sure if i am more scared or relaxed now ha ha. It will take about 2 hrs for me to get to manchester but i know they did 2 northern OD in feb so hopefully this one will not be too busy. Think i am more worried about the group discussions, what topics did you have to discuss? Which assesment were you at?

SavinMe
9th Apr 2009, 12:42
The one I had was on Feb. (what u said)

1st group discussion was a chaos cos there were 10-15 of us. It was hard to say something cos almost everyone was talking at once. This was why I got nervous cos they had all these ideas and I have not got many. I just asked something to the guy sitting next to me about the 'topic' then some others sitting close answered me. Then I'm like 'Oh so it's like this, and like that.. oh I get it' The topic was not cabin crew related.

2nd one was a situational question. This time it's crew related and easier than the 1st one cos we were on smaller group. I had the chance to say my ideas and actually communicate with others in the group.

Don't let your nerves show. I was hiding mine in a big smile and sometimes leaning back relaxed, leaning forward to show interest, stuff like that.

flygirl00
9th Apr 2009, 14:53
Hi Everyone,

I Just Received My Congratulations Email Todayyyy!!! Yayayaya!!! I´m Thrilled!!!

I Need To Get My Exams Done Asap!!!

Chinoa Or Anybody- Do You By Any Chance Know Where I Can Get The Exams Done In Rio??? They All Have To Be Filled Out In English... Omg!!! I´ll Probably Call The Us Embassy To See If They Know...

One More Thing Chinoa, You Have To Send The Uniform Forms Within 2 Days Right???

Helll Meeeeeee Lol

:}:}:}:}

ITO
9th Apr 2009, 15:37
Well, congratulation then !
Long way to go now: SEP training / Service training / First Aid training. Pass the exams and then go on line, explore and learn. During your training, you might see again your recruiter; he might even be your instructor. You might also never see him again. During all the time I’ve been with QR, I saw the lady who did my recruitment only the day I was resigning lol!
Anyway, good luck to everybody. A great experience is awaiting all of you guys, lots of people to meet, lots of places to discover, some will fall in love, some will broke up, some will maybe broke up to fall in love again, some will cry, some will laugh, some will like it, others will hate it. The “BEFOR” motivation and the “ LATER ON “one is a bit different, but hey..we get used to almost everything. And for those of you who are going there for a goal, never give up.

And as we say in QR : Now Smiles on, hats on, and enjoy the flight ( actually the adventure for you ) !
:cool:

ChinoA
9th Apr 2009, 17:35
Excellent Reply ITO! it really encourages all the lucky ones who are going to begin this adventure!

Hey Flygirl, meus Parabéns! I don´t know where to do the exams in Rio , don´t know if there is a Lavoisier there , but most of the exams you´ll have to take them with your trusted doctor and then translate them with a 'Tradutor Juramentado'.

I sent the Uniform Forms the day after I received the e-mail along with a letter from my doctor saying that the test results were gonna take a little longer than expected.

Well...that´s it! Counting the days to finally fly to DOH!
See you around! A gente se vê!
:}

Megan26
9th Apr 2009, 18:02
Heyy!

Thanks for your replies! Im coming from Middlesbrough to Birmingham, think I will come by train. How many Photographs will you need? Just the Full length and Passport, do you need anymore than this?
With there being 2 OD in the space of 2 weeks in Birmingham and Manchester, they might not be as many people there, i could be wrong, but this would mean the OD would last for 2 days, is that correct?
Im also really nervous about the group discussions if i get that far!! Do you stand up on your own and discuss your views or is it basically just a group discussion and the recruiters are watching?

Thanks for your help and support everyone!!

ChinoA
9th Apr 2009, 18:18
Hey!
for details you can go to the Qatar Airways forum! many people have left their experiences and suggestions ,so it would really help you!

Good Luck!

SavinMe
9th Apr 2009, 18:39
Megan - You live close to Newcastle and Leeds, right? I went to the OD up there in Feb.

Not sure. I'm just assuming it will be 2 days. It was on my case but don't underestimate. They will accept any full length photo with your CV on the 1st day. During the final briefing on the assesment day we were all asked to retake our full length and passport photos with a professional photographer.

Group discussions were like, you're sat down on a circle and one of them will walk around your group observing and the other interviewer does the same with the other group. Then they swapped. They told us to focus on the discussion like they're not even there. Also, listen to instructions VERY carefully.

SavinMe
9th Apr 2009, 18:48
I'm getting excited now after reading on ITO's reply

Chinoa hey did you get the final approval after sending the medicals yet?

Megan26
9th Apr 2009, 18:56
yeah i live right next to newcastle and leeds is an hour or so away:) wish the OD was closer but it cant be helped!
Thanks for your help, think il go through the forums again theres just so many pages to look through! but all very helpful,
I hope it is 2 days long as i will be staying over in a hotel and have to get back to work on the monday!
Fingers crossed for everyone:)!
Leila, let us know how it goes on Saturday, good luck!!

SavinMe
9th Apr 2009, 19:02
Yeah research, research.. this and their website. I wish I found this forum before I went. I would have known what to expect lol. Good luck Megan and everyone going ;)

ITO
9th Apr 2009, 20:44
Excellent!
I think there is no need to be negative for the guys who just passed. I know what it feels when you get that little nice e-mail in your box saying that finally you were successful, specially when you know that you’ve been chosen among 500 other folks. Eiish..what a luck ! And one has to realize that.
In my humble opinion, I think that QR is an adventure that one has to experience by him/her self, and then make his/her own judgment/opinion. In all cases, I hope that you’ll enjoy the experience, but there will be some of you that definitely will not.
What I noticed recently is that QR is trying to change there recruitment profile: They go now and recruit in NZ, US, AUS, CAN, UK. Well, I don’t know if these guys will get used to DOHA….

Anyway, take the most of it, learn as much as you can. You’ll get to know your self and your limits, how far you can go, how much you can take and keep moving forward, you’ll get to deal with situations like never before. Every single day, will be a different day. It doesn’t mean that everyday will be a pleasant day. And for those who will land there in the next few months, don’t forget: It will be 47°C with high % of humidity !

Enjoy the ride folks, at least for a while.
:cool:

barrenas
9th Apr 2009, 21:04
Hello, i´m comercial pilot and i´m going to attend to the open day of Madrid the 25th of april.
My question is, if i should tell them in my cv and in the interview that i´m a pilot or not, do you think that be a pilot could be positive or negative during the appointment?
thanks so much and sorry about my english.
www.alassolidarias.org (http://www.pprune.org/www.alassolidarias.org)

abigailnoo
9th Apr 2009, 21:14
Thank you very much ITO for your post! I believe it really encourages us!! Yes, many rumours about QR. But I think we have to go for it and see with our own eyes. Then we can know if we really like it or not. As you said, everyone is different.

Could you please share us your training programm with QR? Was it hard? I was told that my english is not so good. So I scare that I won't pass the training. How many exam did you need to pass during the 7-week training?

Many thanks for your post.

abigailnoo
9th Apr 2009, 22:06
Qwerty, I write you Personal Message. Please check it!

ChinoA
9th Apr 2009, 22:57
Hey Abigail!

Told ya you'd make it!!! Congrats!!!! Lot of friends also got their Congratulations e-mail today!

ITO
10th Apr 2009, 07:31
Excellent !
Abigailnoo (http://www.pprune.org/members/296593-abigailnoo) , don’t worry about the English. You’ll meet so many cabin crews who speak it just “so so”, but as you go with your training and as you’ll mix with others, you’ll be obliged to speak in English, and it will just improve. I don’t think that it will have an impact on your exams. If others did it, you can do it also. The exams are pretty much eaaaaaaasy, nothing to worry about, even though you will :-)
The cabin crew training is divided into 3 parts:
1 – Service training: the on board service routine. How to serve, what to serve…etc All the food you’ll be using is real, and you’ll eat it by the end of the day. All the new joiners like that part :).
2 – SEP (safety equipments & procedures): Fire extinguisher and all the safety equipment you eventually might use one day (we don’t hope that). This part include sessions on the mock up (simulated airplane cabin) to practice evacuation and door opening (door trainer)
3- First aid: The medical part.
All the above includes written and practical test. You’ll also go for a fire fighting drill, and you’ll fly also to Dubai by the end of your training and do the ditching training at Emirates CAE centre. This one will be a nice day and you’ll have fun. After all these steps: You’ll get your certificates, assigned to your observation flights, get your 1st flying roster, and the real thing will THEN start, and you better be ready for it !

Last but not the least, the “rumors” about QR are just a simple reality and I can certify that. However, I don’t want to go on the negative side, especially for you guys who are going there for the first time. And anyway we can’t get something without having the hurdle of something else, so It’s a 50-50 situation, but you’ll explore it by your self, and as said before, not all of us are the same, so everyone will take it differently. Some will get along with it, some will hate it and just leave, but pleas be advised that resigning before 2 years in the company, you’ll have to pay the remaining of the service bond ( total service bond = + - 2200 USD )

So, here we go, enjoy your day.
ITO.

Emma Gemma
10th Apr 2009, 13:23
"I don't want to go on the negative side"

In my opinion it's best to be honest about the things that are actually going on down in Qatar. Because there are many things and once there is can be really difficult to get out. They are changing their recruitment profile because the airline has received complaints on only having crew from Asia. We'll see how long the Western crew last or before they start making noises.

English shouldn't be an issue for you as you passed the interviews. I came across crew that could barely speak a single word of it. Training will be intense, six days a week, with exams more or less every day (they usually test you orally on the things that you were taught the day before). If you don't pass, the instructor will tell you off (first warning). If you fail again, they'll make you stand in the "naughty corner" (second warning) and on your third failure you'll be called into the office to speak to the wonderful CCM (third warning) where they take a decision whether to put you through training again or send you home (of course you would need to pay your bond).

They'll also teach your grooming throughout the training, which is a very important part at QR, on how to do you hair, make-up and nails. Before each flight you will be screened, by a GO (Grooming Officer), who will make sure that you are up to standards.

abigailnoo
10th Apr 2009, 15:36
ITO & EMMA

Thank you so much for your post..I really appreciate it.
I will try my best. Now I have to settle the medical stuff first.
Do we really need to submit the medical certificates within two days after we receive the "Congrat" mail? I meant, it is a short time as now there are Eastern Holidays..

Thank you.

Chino...thank you for the congratulation. Hope to see u in DOH.
When is you date of join?

barrenas
10th Apr 2009, 16:45
Hi, i'm going to go to an open day the 25th of april in madrid. I'm commercial pilot and i don't know if that can be an advantage or disadvantage at the time of applying to a tcp position, can anybody help me with my worries? thank you so much.
www.alassolidarias.org (http://www.alassolidarias.org) :ok:

barrenas
10th Apr 2009, 17:12
Hello i would like to know if being a pilot could e an advantage or a disadvantage at the time of applying to a tcp career? thanks a lot.

Negstyle89
10th Apr 2009, 17:20
hey guys i got my Congratulation e-mail yesterday.. and i send the uniform form and the medical that they gave us durin our interview.. should i do all my medicals during that short laprs of time?? coz it is said that i should answer within 2 days. When r guys booked to travel to doha?? as for me its said in may... hope to hear from u guys.. and congrats for those who received their congratulation email.. hope to c u in doha:ok:
cheers

abigailnoo
10th Apr 2009, 17:45
Negstyle89...

Congratulation to you! I am on the same position with you. Could you please tell me, how can you send them already the medical examination form before you consult with the doctors?

I am so confuse and do not know what should I do. 2 days will not be possible to complete the medical, not even to get an appointment with the doctor.:rolleyes:

Negstyle89
10th Apr 2009, 19:35
thx abigailnoo and congrats to u too:D...When is you date of join? well i did all my best to do my medicals today.. did 90% of it. still missing the 10 % though.. I don't know what to do. I just sent an email to ask if i should mail them all the reports etc within the 2 days. ChinoA How did u do with your medicals?? did you send all of them within the 2 days? hope to hear from u guys cheers;)

alkatifa
10th Apr 2009, 20:49
I reckon it would be an advantage, I guess, due to the large experience in aviation. But, anyways, why would a pilot want to be cabin crew?

Myself, I am going for Madrid on the 25th as well ;)

jeff_arismendi
11th Apr 2009, 10:14
to: junpei kun

hi there, congratulations in advance, not all applicants are lucky to reach that far... anyway i have 1 question though... u said that you are asian? what is your nationality if you dont mind me asking? thanks again! hope to hear from u soon! :)

Brownskin
11th Apr 2009, 11:26
Hi guys,
I'm in pprune and have so many questions.
First of all I'm just like some of you who need to complete the Medicals from Qatar.The 2 days deadline is a bit of a joke.Don't you think?
How are we supposed to complete everything in such a short period.
Again in the uniform-forms they require Applicant's Number and training start date.How do i know my applicants no. and the training start date?
I'm a bit confused and worried about the whole thing.Could someone help me please?
Thanks

Emma Gemma
11th Apr 2009, 13:32
The two day deadline has always been in place and in certain countries it's difficult, and more or less impossible, to do this in this time frame. If you cannot complete your medicals within two days you must inform your recruitment officer ASAP.

Applicant Number and Date of Joining should also been forward to you by your recruitment officer. Email them!

abigailnoo
11th Apr 2009, 14:36
They just wrote us..your are tentatively booked to travel in xxx (only the month), no date. Applicant Nr., I used the number which I got at the Assessment Day. I know it is wrong, but we have to answer them within 48 hours, which is meant today 4 p.m. Our recruiters are free on Friday and Saturday.

barrenas
11th Apr 2009, 20:34
The answer is easy, i love airplanes, it's my passion for that i became a pilot, but i'm frozen atpl and it's very difficult or impossible to find job as pilot, and i need to work, so i prefer work in a plane and be in contact with the aeronautical world than continue in my city working in another things with no relations with airplanes. Thanks so much.
www.alassolidarias.org (http://www.pprune.org/www.alassolidarias.org)

barrenas
11th Apr 2009, 20:53
The answer is that it's being impossible to find job as pilot and i need to work, so i prefer work in a plane which are my passion, than in another place, so i will try to find job in the open day of th 25th in Madrid. i´m going to go from Vigo so see you there.

ksims83
11th Apr 2009, 22:35
I am meeting with Qatar here in Toronto, Canada on the 18th of April. I am quite excited and have numerous friends that are already with Qatar Airways - they love it! It really isn't as bad as people say! It is truly a great company with a lot to offer long term!

I have a couple of questions if one of you could possibly answer them.

1) How long after your open day did it take to receive your "Congratulations, You're successful" email/letter?
2) Then from getting this letter, how long after that until your flight to Doha?

I am trying to organize logistics on my end for my condo and potential changes in my life.

It would be great to hear back from one of you! And a HUGE congrats to all of you successful cabin crew members at Qatar Airways!

ChinoA
11th Apr 2009, 23:01
Hey there! I had the same issues as you did , specially because now I am living overseas.

Each case is different , but the average times are:

From OD/AD/FI to Congrats e-mail: 7 to 14 days.
From Congrats e-mail to boarding to Doha you have to consider:

- How fast you get to do your medicals in order to get 'medical clearance' and the availability you put in your form: 'Imediate, 1 week...etc'
Considering you put 'Imediate' and you got your medicals fast , I'd say that this time would be 3 or 4 weeks.

Cheers and good luck

ksims83
11th Apr 2009, 23:07
Sincere Thanks!!! That is great! And a little break down of the Medicals would the following? Do they have a doctor in the city that you see? What exact procedures do they do? I just had a full physical . . . and here comes a second ;) Oh well, better to be healthy than not and to be sure of it is even better!! Thanks again for providing me with information. Very much appreciate it

K.
Toronto, Canada

ITO
12th Apr 2009, 07:56
Qatar airways have its own small medical center. You’ll do everything there, except some small other checks you’ll do them at a clinic in Doha called Apollo. You’ll do also finger print at one of there government thing to get registered and later get your Qatari ID card…etc

The first week, there will be quite a lot to do in terms of paper work.

SHOOZ
12th Apr 2009, 13:11
Olá Alkatifa

So nice to see someone from Potugal here.

On the 25th of April its an Open day in Madrid...so basically anyone can go, right?

Did you by any chance get an email inviting you to the Open day in Madrid or are you just going to stop by?

Boa sorte! ;-)

didou
12th Apr 2009, 13:37
Hi everybody

As ITO said in his previous post Qatar Airways is an experience people like it or not it depends on you and what you are expecting just try to keep the positive part of this job of course it s always funny but have you ever seen a job where there s only positive aspect. Anyway i hust wanted to say that qatar airways is not as bad has people say and don t worry for your english mine is not perfect as you can see i m almost done with the training and start flying next week !
For all the people who are going to the open days good luck for the others who received the "congratulations" welcome to qatar airways !!

ChinoA
12th Apr 2009, 19:07
I`m off to Doha tonight!!!! yeaah!!!!

See you guys there!:}

Brownskin
12th Apr 2009, 19:49
Thanks Emma,
you know i was wondering if it's really right to write them.
I thought they might think that I was already showing signs of incompetence.
I just told them it will be hard to complete the medicals since we are having Easter until tuesday.I hope they understand.
Do you think if I wrote them again,to ask for the applicant's number,would be wrong?
Again should we write them when they are in office?As you know they work from Sunday to thursday.
Also, I just discovered that here in Germany, I need to have an appointment(which takes about a week to get one),to do the medicals or to atleast see a doctor.
How was your medical experience like?

ksims83
12th Apr 2009, 20:12
How is the medical stuff coming along fellow future Qatar Airways Cabin Crew. I am sure it will all work out and what what I know from friends at Qatar already, they are quite understanding. No stress - keep that smile on and Happy Easter ;)

Now a question about pre-employment medical. What does it entail?

sugartofu
13th Apr 2009, 03:20
can anyone advice me the full details of what medicial check up we have to go thru in doha??? thanks!!

soulatude
13th Apr 2009, 10:33
has anyone from singapore got their YES mail yet??

Emma Gemma
13th Apr 2009, 13:22
Brownskin,

Of course it wouldn't be wrong of you to email them again. After all, the recruitment officers are there for any questions that you might have before joining QR. They won't mind and write whenever you like because they will reply eventually. It's a lot easier than ringing and definitely worth asking before leaving.

I didn't have any problems completing my medical examination and emailed my documents within a few days. It all happened very quickly.

abigailnoo
13th Apr 2009, 15:47
Emma,

Did you need to go to several doctors as not only the one doctor can do all the medical check-up? If you went to several doctors, who (which doctors) should put his/her signature under the 'Medical Examiner's signature & Stamp' which is in the pre employment medical's form?

Many thanks in advance for your help.

Emma Gemma
13th Apr 2009, 16:36
Abigailnoo,

I think it's your GP (general pracitioner) who should sign your documents because it's him or her you went to in the first place and also whom you would be your first primary contact whenever seeking medical advice.

As long as get you the documents signed you'll be fine.

abigailnoo
13th Apr 2009, 18:16
Emma,

I sent you PM

qwerty_asdf
14th Apr 2009, 05:48
soulatude, are you from singapore open day? FI 6 & 7 April? im from singapore, also waiting for the results

Brownskin
14th Apr 2009, 18:06
I just came from some doctors,who all refused to check me up.Is this normal?I dont understand Germany anymore..Back home I'd have already done over with the meds,no matter if it was with the family doctor or not.
Are those of you in Germany encountering such problems as I?

I happened to do some tests back home before i came to Germany, which is like an year ago.Could I possibly use them?HIV 1&2,SPUTUMand HBa.
How long or after how long should such medicals expire?

Anyone with an idea?
Thankyou

flygirl00
14th Apr 2009, 18:27
Brownskin:

I´m pretty sure you´re not allowed to use your prior exams. The dates on the exams should be after you received your "congratulations" email.

Did you try showing them the e-mail or the medical form for Qatar? Tell them it´s for a job and you need it ASAP.

Good luck ;)

Cheers!!!

Brownskin
14th Apr 2009, 19:01
Flygirl,
I did so many times,but most of them dont understand English.My friends told me i could go to an office called ''gesundheitsamt''-office for health,because here is where you get pre-employment medicals.
There,they told me to go to a Family doctor.And they didn't understand what was written in my email.

Brownskin
14th Apr 2009, 19:11
By the way,should we email the body measurements forms ahead of the Meds or should we email them the same day together,mind you we are supposed to email them to different email addresses??

I can't wait to get them done and get over with the whole thing.It's not easy at all.

Brownskin
14th Apr 2009, 19:18
ChinoA,
I believe you arrived safely in Doha.
How is it like there? Any interesting things we should know?
How is the going so far? Have you done Qatars Meds already?
Tell us, what is going down over there.Curious

YUCCY
15th Apr 2009, 00:53
Ladies and Gentlemen,

I need a bit of help, would you happen to know which hotel Qatar Airways is staying at Maldives.

Thank you

loc22550
15th Apr 2009, 04:22
Hulule hotel. the one on the Airport island.

Kretya
15th Apr 2009, 04:56
I missed the one in Singapore, so, I plan to go for Dubai open day. Has anyone went there before? How was it like? and how many people attend(appx.)? Thanks!

bobo_elg
15th Apr 2009, 06:01
iam living in dubai and iam planning to attend the OD on 8 may too

SHOOZ
15th Apr 2009, 16:55
Has anyone ever been to an open day in Madrid for Qatar Airways? What is it like. Approximately how many people were present?
Im asking because I´ve been to an Open day in Paris for Emirates and there were roughly 200 people there. So the open day was basically a short presentation about the company, then we handed in our cvs, chatted to recruiter for literally 30 seconds and then went home.

Any information will be really appreciated.

Good luck to all attending open days and assessment days!

TOHFA
15th Apr 2009, 18:22
Will anyone be attending the open day in Toronto this Saturday?

Megan26
15th Apr 2009, 19:25
Heyyy!

Anyone attending Birmingham on Saturday?!

qwerty_asdf
16th Apr 2009, 01:12
hi shooz,

im not from paris, but expect the crowd will be same as emirates, because many of us really wants to be cabin crew. qatar openday is less stress than Emirates.. hehe.. i went for both before..hope it helps if you have some questions just pm me

junpei_kun
16th Apr 2009, 02:56
hi qwerty/soulatude..i believe we are on the same sched..my FI was april 8. until now, i have not yet received the email..taku..appreciate if you could post here whenever you received it..ganbatte!!

junpei_kun
16th Apr 2009, 02:58
Manila boy :) cheers!

qwerty_asdf
16th Apr 2009, 03:29
junpei_kun. yes im from the first batch. havent recieved the email. i will let you know.. how many of u from the 2nd batch. april 8 FI. we are 13 on the FI 7th april.. are u singaporean?

soulatude
16th Apr 2009, 11:12
emirates is paris?? when was that?

RoyBoy78
16th Apr 2009, 11:25
Hi
After searching the Qatar recruitment website, it says there's a BNE open day, but fails to stipulate a date.
If there are any other AU Cabin Crew Wannabes that are aware of this, do you know roughly what month it'll be.
Plus, is there any reason AU doesn't get as many chances to attend Middle-Eastern Open Days here, Down Under. We are nice people.

SHOOZ
16th Apr 2009, 12:08
Qwerty asdf,

Thanx for your reply. I guess you are right...there are so many of us wanting to be cabin crew, Im sure it will be a huge crowd...and the open day will be identical to the one for Emirates.

Soulatude,

Emirates had an open day in Paris on the 13th December 2008.

Alexander__mmk
16th Apr 2009, 15:28
Heya guys! who has DOJ 18th of may for the male training course?

june225
16th Apr 2009, 22:20
Hello everyone,

I was wondering how you completed the medical examination form...
Just visiting the doctor with no insurance is a lot already...
-Figured medical exam is more than just the paper work-
And I currently don't have any medical insurance.

Would it cost much? I would like to know the estimate...

Thank you for your answers in advance :)

Chox Off
17th Apr 2009, 06:38
Hi All , hope the Manchester OD was a good experience for you. Would somebody be kind enough to let me know the following - numbers of attendees, atmosphere,what were your thoughts on the Qatari representatives etc etc

tks

MOLLY123
17th Apr 2009, 09:33
hi i was reading some forums from the past are you working for qatar yet i am waiting to hear if i got a position.
i have read lots of negative stuff and are in two minda about accepting if i did get the job it sounds so scary and a bad experience.
i am hard working dont drink obey rules and regs .
you might not want to say anything negative if you are working for the company but could you reassure me in someway or is it true how it is portrayed a bad company to staff thankyou any advice good or bad will be appreciated.

MOLLY123
17th Apr 2009, 09:38
hi i attended manchester i enjoyed the day just waiting to hear back but i have just read some forums and are totally suprised at bad feedback from working for quatar i am really scared after what has been written and if anybody can give an up to date review on working for qatar and experiences of locating to doah i would be gratefull for good or bad feedback

fragante
17th Apr 2009, 10:10
:)hi
what kind of question they ask? can you tell me more about your interview in manchester?

abigailnoo
18th Apr 2009, 13:57
Hi guys...

I am doing my medical right now. Found out that my blood pressure is veryyy low. Will that be a problem for QR? I scared!!

Did you do Chest X-ray? In the Pre-Employment Form they write Chest X-ray (if any findings or abnormality in Thoracic Spine). My doctor said, I am normal so I do not need to do it. What do you think guys? I am so confuse.

Many thanks in advance for your help.

qwerty_asdf
18th Apr 2009, 16:09
hi abigail,

you still need to do xray, and passed the result to them.. i have a friend who got in few months ago.. they need the result of xray for their records.

NewCrewMember
18th Apr 2009, 16:56
Hi molly123 and congratualtions on getting this far with qatar, hope its good news for you soon. I also got a job with Qatar but have decided not to take it. Like you i did some research on here and also managed to speak to some people who had worked for them. I thought the rules were far too controlling so i went to Etihad for an interview and got the job with them. I can't believe the difference between the two companies, for a start Etihad are not charging me for working for them and i don't pay for my suitcases ha ha. Its everyones individual choice so make sure you decide for yourself. The main problem i had with Qatar was that once you start working for them its hard to leave before you have served 2 yrs. Unless you have money at your disposal to pay them back the service undertaking. How many people made it to the assesment day and then the final interview in manchester?

Emma Gemma
19th Apr 2009, 00:40
RoyBoy,

I remember when QR recruited about 40 people from Australia in 2004. Half of those left within six months and the remaining 20 after that.

QR tends to punish certain nationalities by not recruiting there for a while if they have had any problems with them. This is probably the case but they seem to be returning to Australia after A LONG freeze.

boredcounter
19th Apr 2009, 02:42
Read the ME forum, top to bottom.

QR when I was out there had no, repeat no, UK CC (VVVIP flight, maybe)

Lured by the offer of a job, 3rd time of asking, my previous airline had gone bust.

I admit, i was out there in 2005, not CC, but dealt with thier Management!

Poor, poor, poor show indeed.

Read the Pilot posts as well, please.

Bored

99heyho
20th Apr 2009, 04:48
junpei_kun: u have a pm.

99heyho
20th Apr 2009, 05:00
Anybody knows the email add for QR recruitment? The email is on the application form which i forgot to copy it somewhere. Would like to check on my application.

thanks!

Jeremys_mleu
20th Apr 2009, 13:52
hello,

i am trying to Fill in some qatar forms. But unfortunatelly it does not go to the next page. How should i contact the Qatar recruitment since i want to attend their open days in France, germany or anywhere arround.

Any more ideas for the airlines that take International people, unfortunatelly i am not a EU candidate ;).

Just been dropped by EY - so some reasons that i dont know, but it was a cool day though

I appreciate for your responses

JJmy

99heyho
20th Apr 2009, 14:02
I hv 2 questions.

1.Do the males have a separate DOJ from the females?

2.Is the 7 weeks training conducted separately for male and female?

thanks for the answer guys!

Jeremys_mleu
20th Apr 2009, 14:08
Whats DOJ by the way

Emma Gemma
20th Apr 2009, 14:12
99heyho,

1. These days, yes.

2. It is done all separetly but naturally you will meet other crew in the coffee shop etc.

Alexander__mmk
20th Apr 2009, 14:35
Who is with DOJ on 18.05 ? :ok:

Negstyle89
20th Apr 2009, 15:55
Hello everyone does anyone know after how long do we get a final answer (visa,ticket & DOJ etc..) after having sent our medicals?thx everyone.

99heyho
20th Apr 2009, 16:40
thanks once again emma! u've been really nice and helpful.

bobo_elg
21st Apr 2009, 06:54
any one attending Dubai open day on 8 may???????:rolleyes:

Jeremys_mleu
21st Apr 2009, 07:17
hello,

i am trying to Fill in some qatar forms. But unfortunatelly it does not go to the next page. How should i contact the Qatar recruitment since i want to attend their open days in France, germany or anywhere arround.

Any more ideas for the airlines that take International people, unfortunatelly i am not a EU candidate http://static.pprune.org/images/smilies/wink2.gif.

Just been dropped by EY - so some reasons that i dont know, but it was a cool day though

I appreciate for your responses

JJmy

boredcounter
21st Apr 2009, 08:34
'QR tends to punish certain nationalities by not recruiting there for a while if they have had any problems with them. This is probably the case but they seem to be returning to Australia after A LONG freeze.'

I could go further and add, they punish certain airlines, by ethnic group if applicable. Based on one (pilot) who legged it during his sim training. He was UK Indian, and the other recruited (UK Indian IT guy) from the same company, never did receive his start tickets.................... Oh and me, from the same airline (UK non-Indian), tasked to rewrite the Pilot bond agreement!

I would question Emma's use of the word punish, having been there, I would choose reward if you are from (no disrepect intended) a first world country.

If you are EU, American, Australian etc do your research properly before getting excited about QR, see Emma's post regarding the AUS staff turnover.

Then, if you still hunger for QR, go for it and good luck to you in your choice.

Bored

qwerty_asdf
21st Apr 2009, 09:03
hi all,

i got in also, now im working on my medicals,,,, after sending this how long i'l wait for the DOJ?please help... so i can prepare resignation..hehehe

junpei_kun
21st Apr 2009, 10:53
Hi asdf.../qwerty,

quick questions:

anyone of you submitted their medicals already? which email address: the one who congratulate us in the email (mine is from Avina)

which clinic/hospital you went?i will only go tomorrow to SATA at AMK.

in the uniform forms, what did you put in the training date/applicant's no#?

any help will be really appreciated

Emma Gemma
21st Apr 2009, 14:27
I suppose it's down to you as in indidivual whether you want to see it as a punishment or reward. They seem to have been doing a major change in their recruitment structure and they are bringing in many crew from the west. They don't seem to be bothered at all.

Wasn't this also the case with a pilot from a certain airline Belgium? Perhaps they have removed the ban but they didn't recruit any people from Belgium (or that particular airline) for some time due to a guy disappearing whilst down-route.

Emma Gemma
21st Apr 2009, 14:29
Junpei,

The medical certificates should be forwarded to your recruitment officer.

esemgi
21st Apr 2009, 16:13
Hey Guys,
I had my open day in ASU, went thru all the stuff that you know already, and i am just waiting for my medical clearence, I sent my reports last week, the 14th, and I am tired and over excited of waiting!
Based on your experience, but not crazy examples like ChinoA, how long does it take?
I put on my application that I need 30 days to resign properly on my current job, but I am realizing that I just need 2 weeks! Do you think I get on 18.05 DOJ? or they respect that?

South American Greetings to all!

Emma Gemma
21st Apr 2009, 17:35
It shouldn't take that long to be medically cleared.

If there are places available on the course commencing next month, they will accommodate you on it. Email your recruitment officer and let them know that you would be able to start on that date. In that case they will probably speed up the process.

Negstyle89
21st Apr 2009, 18:34
Do they email or call for your medical clearance?

soulatude
22nd Apr 2009, 04:13
u have a PM

poo_1982
22nd Apr 2009, 09:56
I prefer to try OD at Dubai on 8 May , so anyone have any idea about this because i do not sure it that just only Submit CV or should be stand by whole day like that.

And 1 more question i have to wearing gloom suite to submit my CV.

Or anyone need to be go there also please PM ..................;)

Thanks

qwerty_asdf
22nd Apr 2009, 10:51
junpei,

havent, medicals will be reaby after one week.. we do medicals at tiong bahru medical centre

pbaustria
23rd Apr 2009, 08:55
Do we have filipinos here?

qwerty_asdf
23rd Apr 2009, 09:35
pbaustria,

hi im filipino.. im working on my medicals now for qatar airways. how about u

SavinMe
23rd Apr 2009, 12:19
so am i lol

esemgi
23rd Apr 2009, 15:36
OK, 2 filipinos! any south american here?

ChinoA
23rd Apr 2009, 17:05
Me!:}, I am from South America.

ashleebrownell
23rd Apr 2009, 17:36
hi thanks for reply there were 14 people in the final from about 90-100 i havent had a reply yet its been 10 days 2 of the girls i was with got through one is going the other refused job.
i am attending eithiad next week in london did you tell eithiad you had been offered a job with qatar or kept quiet.
how long did they take to e mail you eafter the last interview with qr.
have you any tips for interview with ethiad thanks

Jeremys_mleu
23rd Apr 2009, 18:37
Hi people.

I have difficulty in filling in the Qatar Application. Do you know how to go about the difficulty of moving to the next page?

The site always asks me to fill in the source section which is already filled- anyone with the same problem?

Thanks for your support

JJ'my

pbaustria
24th Apr 2009, 02:19
Hi guys! Its nice to know that there are Filipinos here. I thought all of the people here are foreigners since I dont see anyone from the Philippines. So I decided to ask first to be sure.

qwerty_asdf,
when did you apply? congrats you're already on your medical. i have tried to apply before too but failed to get in :( anyway, are you working there in singapore? can you share some experiences on your application for FA. Thanks much!

savinme,
any progress on your application?

99heyho
24th Apr 2009, 04:09
some of us from the singapore od is sharing the same problem as you. we have not receive any email yet. and it gets more nervous when quite a number of them have already received the 'congratulation' email from qr. it has been 20 days since the OD and 16 days since the final interview.

It makes us wonder if they have already sent out all the 'congratulation' email thus the rest of us who havent receive it are rejected..hm......

SavinMe
24th Apr 2009, 10:33
pbaustria - I have sent all my medicals and up until now I'm still waiting for clearance for QR Medical Centre. It's been over 2 weeks now and the anxiety is killing me.

Which OD did you attend to before? And do you have any plans to reapply soon?

Jeremys_mleu
24th Apr 2009, 16:40
Guys - does it mean you did not apply for Qatar via their website? How did you go about the process- i have trouble to move from first to second website page.

Anyone can help here - plllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll llllls

abigailnoo
24th Apr 2009, 20:38
Jeremys...

Just show up on the Open Day. You do not need any registration in advance or any invitation. Bring your CV and 1 passport photo and full size photograph. Dress neatly. That's all.

ITO
25th Apr 2009, 08:12
Pbaustria,
Don’t worry at all, because once in QR and Qatar in general, you’ll see only one thing: Filipinos! They are the second largest community in the country and the company after Indians. Then and only then comes the rest…:ok:

ChinoA
25th Apr 2009, 11:53
That's so true!!!

and they are really friendly! I like them!

abigailnoo
25th Apr 2009, 12:59
you have pm. Thanks

Emma Gemma
25th Apr 2009, 13:25
Indians and Philippinos run the airline!

(Very friendly until they stab you in the back - no offence).

Jeremys_mleu
25th Apr 2009, 13:58
Thanks very much Abigail.

I will check out the days and throw myself there. Its all about travelling but who cares. I will get there neatly and see whether i will conquer someones interest.

ITO

I sent you a PM. I hope you saw my disapointments. May be see you inQatar one day if they do not wish to smash me again :)

Tu es tres bien:ok:

Do you guys know any other airline that i can apply, which appreciates Diplomatic looking and experienced guys also international people? Boost me out with the Information - i am thirsty.

ITO
25th Apr 2009, 14:22
Never had any problem with Philippinos, or any other nationality. However, If I was a manager, I would fire one particular Philippina CSD. She is a sick lady with absolutely no manners when it comes to briefing, and because she is in the airline for the past 7 years, she thinks she is god. So ridiculous when you compare her to cabin crew in other airlines who are flying for 20 years, she is a kid in the garden. With QR, I learned to control my energy, otherwise I would have ended up in a problem with her. :eek:

Jeremy, are you sure you sent me a PM ?

Emma Gemma
25th Apr 2009, 15:00
ITO,

I think I know who you are talking about! She was already a pain when she worked back in Economy!

Jeremys_mleu
26th Apr 2009, 07:32
Oh, i just checked and for some reasons it was not sent - or i sent to another person

Basically it was to appreciate my cool Guys.

FAinbaires
26th Apr 2009, 14:18
Hello guys,

Do u know if it is ok to have a tattoo and be able to be hired at QA? It's not visible, i have it on my back, but some airlines are really strict when it comes to a Zero tattoo policy.

Thanks,

FA

ITO
26th Apr 2009, 18:38
Yeah, I’m sur we are talking about the same lady. There was another guy, the Tunisian CSD ( K ). He used to be so unpredictable! He left Doha and is now ground staff in Tunisia. Anyway, there is a bunch of sick people there that if I start, I wont be able to stop!

june225
26th Apr 2009, 23:14
Hello everyone,

I have noticed that I am not supposed to have any Birthmarks on my body to become a cabin crew... (Tatoos, I knew...)

Does it also include the birthmark I have on my back??? The size of it is about my palm, and it wouldn't show while wearing my uniform on,-only when I wear a bikini??- though I mentioned it to the recruiters (when they asked) on my final interview... Should I have a chance not getting a job for this?

Whew... I guess I was too honest... :bored:

-June

pbaustria
27th Apr 2009, 01:56
I've applied last Feb and we were around a thousand or more. I waited about 4-5 hours to take my turn... whew! Its really hard to stand out to that number of aspiring FA's and get chosen. I wonder how will I make it since I will only be given a minute or so on the initial screening. I really want to be an FA and I grab every chance whenever there is an OD in our country. Hopefully on the next opening I'll finally get in.

It's good to hear that you've reached the point of getting a medical. Just do hope that the positive results will be given soon.

pbaustria
27th Apr 2009, 02:27
That's good thing to hear because I wont get home sick and lonely since I can meet many Filipinos and still feel at home. However, I have to get in at QR first before thinking of those. When that happens, adjusting to the place and people wont be that of a hassle and I would probably enjoy my stay there. Thanks for mentioning!

Emma Gemma
27th Apr 2009, 07:46
June225,

It shouldn't be a problem for you as long as it's not visible when you are wearing uniform. If it had been on your arms, face or neck it would have been more problematic for you.

Emma Gemma
27th Apr 2009, 07:53
Is QA for Qatar Airways?

Their policy is that visible tattoos are not allowed.

FAinbaires
27th Apr 2009, 11:59
Emma,

Yes, I was talking about Qatar Airways.

Thanks a lot!

Dee

sunny choi
27th Apr 2009, 14:42
Hi Everyone~!!
I am thinking to apply for an openday in Osaka, Japan but I have no idea about below.

Top Airline Business Institute Limited <---Where is this place??

Is there anyone who know about this place?
I googled but I couldn't get anything.

Normally, the venue was a hotel but, where is this place???

Help me..... :{

Emma Gemma
27th Apr 2009, 16:47
Sunny Choi,

This is the address for Top Airline Business Limited:

Umeda, Kita-Ku, Osaka 530-0001
Osaka Ekimae Building 1-3-1 First 3F

Telephone number is 06-6155-8155.

Apparently it's a one minute walk from JR Osaka Station.

Perhaps you could ring and ask them to verify the address! They are open from 13:00 to 21:00.

Brownskin
27th Apr 2009, 19:30
Hi there.

Emma,you seem to know so much.Its nice to have you in Pprune in any way.So helpful

Sent my Meds today and I can now say that I'm relieved,after working on them for 2 weeks and some days.My head was already spinning.I thought i was going crazy.
Its amazing just how things can put you in such awkward situations.

made_in_ukraine
28th Apr 2009, 04:55
Hey sunny choi,

I am also in Osaka and am planning to attend the event. DO you mind if I PM you?

Emma Gemma, thanks a lot for the clarifications and for the update.:ok: Finding out about the place without your help would have been so much more difficult!

made_in_ukraine
28th Apr 2009, 07:05
Emma Gemma,
Given that you are a true guru when it comes to QR Employment as FA, does one need to bring anything else apart from the CV for an even which is labeled on QR webpage as "CV Submission only"?

My understanding is that they expect a large volume of applicants, and the preliminary screening will be done on the basis of CVs only. Or is it necessary to also bring along photos?

Thanks a lot!

Emma Gemma
28th Apr 2009, 11:10
Ukraine,

If I were you I would definitely take my photographs with me! It will help the recruiters remember you if there are many applicants on the day. If they don't want the photographs, that's fine. At least you've got them in case they want them.

sunny choi
28th Apr 2009, 14:03
Emma Gemma,
Thanks a lot, I haven't expected that much details but you did it for me.
I will call to them to verify the address just in case. Thank You.

Made in Ukraine,
I am afraid I don't know about the PM thing but I really don't mind to contact me for an Openday :)

Megan26
28th Apr 2009, 17:15
Hey!

Just wondered how long is it before you hear back from QA that you are succesful or unsuccessful! i got through to final 8 in birmingham and just wanted to know how long it normally takes?

Thank you!

ashleebrownell
28th Apr 2009, 18:17
hi emma people from our final 14 got e mail on day9 i got mine day 15 to say i didnt get through did you keep in contact with any on the final 8 have they heard yet what day is it now since your final interview after day 14/15 i think they send the regret e mail out

sugartofu
29th Apr 2009, 02:03
hi,

may i know how long will they get back to us after we send our medical reports over??

thanks

Emma Gemma
29th Apr 2009, 07:12
It shouldn't take that long. A couple of days!

ccARG
29th Apr 2009, 17:28
Hi everyone! If anyone here is going to the Open Day in Buenos Aires next May 9, please PM, I have a couple of questions to make, and maybe we can exchange some insight.

SavinMe
30th Apr 2009, 10:22
querty - i have the same condition and i had to get a 2nd xray as the MS on the diagnosis can be due to your standing position.

Brownskin
2nd May 2009, 08:48
I also just found out that I have Kyphosis of Thoracic Spine.
I think this is a little or the same as Scoliosis.My Doctor told me it's normal and it's not a disease,but as I googled I learnt that it could be Fatal.

Now I don't know how Qatar see it.As a disease or as a normal condition.
If there is any one of you out there already working for Qatar Airways,with the same condition could you please holla back at us.
Let us know if that would affect our chances of joining Qr.:confused:

It seems they have become very strict.I was told to repeat some of my tests,even though I'd already sent them according to their requirements.

Thankyou for you time.

TightSlot
2nd May 2009, 12:59
A reminder to you all - post in English, not Nokia text speak

Also - do not post telling each other about PM's that you have sent or received - you send a PM privately, and read it privately - nobody else should know or care.

A number of deleted posts as a result.

GirlWithQuestions
2nd May 2009, 13:24
It has been exactly 3 weeks from the open day I attendent and no e-mail yet. On monday it will be 3 weeks since the final interview. Did it take this long for an answer to everybody here?:)

june225
2nd May 2009, 16:57
GirlWithQuestions,

Same as you, it's been almost 3 weeks for me too... Monday is the day that my waiting becomes 3 weeks, and none of the applicants who went through the final with me have received an email yet.

Through research I noticed that most of the results from open days takes 9~15 days, even though the recruiters say it takes 3 weeks. But it's taking longer... Some of us are assuming that part of the reason might be the swine flu...

Let's wait until Monday... In case they don't respond, I guess we have to call the HR directly...

Good luck to all of us! :ok:

bobo_elg
3rd May 2009, 07:45
i got my invitation letter yaaapppiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii :}

Megan26
3rd May 2009, 13:56
Hey!!!

I got my congratulations email!!!!!! did anyone else get it from manchester or birmingham OD's?

x

GirlWithQuestions
3rd May 2009, 14:50
Megan26,

when did you have your final interview?

congratulations!

Megan26
3rd May 2009, 16:27
Hey girlwithquestions!!:)
Thank you!
I had my final interview 2 weeks ago, and recieved the email this morning. I booked my medicals provisionally for 12th May, i hope this will be okay with Qatar, i will try and move them forward but its quite difficult as it is bank holiday here! Do you think they will be leniant with that?

x

Emma Gemma
3rd May 2009, 18:57
It shouldn't be a problem.

Giving you only two days to complete your medical examination is ridicilous and not very realistic in Europe. Email and let them know it will take longer than that and if they can't wait, it's their loss.

Megan26
3rd May 2009, 22:08
Yeh your totaly right emma, i think its absolutely stupid that you have to complete them within 2 days! Im happy that i got this oppurntunity but also aprehensive regarding all the negative comments about Qatar and how they treat their staff, i know a few people who are working there and love it, but i do suppose its different for every single person! They are recruiting all the time and now have more dates to recruit, is this because they have alot of aircrafts coming or because of the current crew leaving?
I think i just want to make sure its the right decision i make!
Thank you for your help x

qwerty_asdf
4th May 2009, 06:15
helo brownskin,

let me know if QR sent u the offer. im still working out my medicals..how about u?? waiting for their clerance and offer??

Emma Gemma
4th May 2009, 09:32
Megan,

It's probably a bit of bit of both but QR has probably never had any recruitment freezes as crew keep leaving en masse. Most people on here seem very positive, and perhaps a bit ignorant, about QR but reading through everything written and take a serious consideration might be good!

Hope you get your medical sorted out. Inform them ASAP about it!

Megan26
4th May 2009, 10:59
Yeah thanks for the advice! I have informed them yesterday and had reply back and they seem fine with me getting them done in a weeks time, i will still try and bring them forward though!
I have read quite alot on the forum and it is quite offputting at times, but then again its an experience and i would probably regret it big time if i didnt take it, i read that they are geting alot more aircrafts so will need alot more crew, so that could be the reason too!

GirlWithQuestions
4th May 2009, 11:53
I got the congratulations e-mail just now! Thank you everybody, this forum helped me a lot!
I just can't believe they want the medicals done within 2 days, some results can take over a week right? Plus it's holiday here in Japan....
Anybody knows anything about this?

june225
4th May 2009, 15:25
GirlWithQuestions, congratulations!!!

Glad you got the email! Hope your medical goes smooth as well! :ok:

I still didn't received the email yet, and it's over with the waiting 3 weeks! Should I assume I will get bad news and give up? Even though, weren't they suppose to send something?

Trying not to, but getting upset...

I wonder if they forgot the members from our OD...

minoboy
5th May 2009, 09:18
Hey everyone! :)

I've been following this forum for a while and it's been most helpful with my recruitment process. I attended the OD in Madrid and I got through, my final interview was las Tuesday and I'm now waiting for the magical "Congratulations" email from Qatar airways.

I'm a bit concerned about the medicals though. It's not the easyest thing to do here in Spain. Does anyone have any kind of information about where to do it or at least where should I look? Private clinics? Is it maybe easier to do it in some other European country? :confused:
How is it in the UK? If anybody could give me a piece of advice I'd be really grateful!

thanks and good luck to everyone!!

ChinoA
5th May 2009, 10:03
Hey minoboy!

met a lot of Spanish here in Doha , and they all said that it was impossible to get the medicals quickly , so take your time to do it. Some took almost one month to complete everything! some paid private practicians to go faster.

I did my medicals in Ireland and it was a hell of a task , but luckyly everything was done in like three weeks , got my confirmation and in the same day flew into Doha!

Good Luck with the waiting! Someone told me there was like 400 people in MAD OD! so that's something you must be proud of!

BTW: Changed my blog address!

minoboy
5th May 2009, 10:20
Thanks for your super-fast reply! I like your blog very much, btw!!

Yeah, It was my first-ever attempt to try joining an airline so I didn't really know what to expect but yes - the lovely recruitment girls told us that we were more than 400, they should know, right? ;-).

I figured we're now 24 wannabes left, 12 from each group (there was one morning and one afternoon group on the 1st day of the recruitment process). We don't know how many people they're gonna take but I'm guessing around 15?? Anyway, I have a really good feeling about it, the final interview went on great that's why I wanna prepare for the exams so I'll be ready when Qatar says GO, do the medicals as fast as you can!! hahaha. It took you 3 weeks?? Wow, I thought it would only take me a couple of days...

Just so you know, you've been a real inspiration case to me, reading your blog and dreaming of the day I'll follow your footsteps has really motivated me.

Vamos ver se a gente se ve em Doha logo!!

Brownskin
5th May 2009, 15:13
qwerty,

I had to repeat some of my Tests for example,CBC,because the first one had no differential count.
I emailed the new results today and now i'm waiting.
Mail me too, when you receive the final email.
Thanks

Tango5709
6th May 2009, 04:17
Hi, well I've been following you thru this forum, and today I finally got registered ,so here I'm.
I'm going to the Open Day here in Buenos Aires this coming Saturday May 9th and to be honest I'm really scared, hehehehe, but I know it will be alright, it just scares me that a lot of people has been talking so many bad things about QR, but I do dream of flying , so I hope I do get in.:ok:

ChinoA
6th May 2009, 10:42
Hey! of course you have probably read a lot of things about QR , I know I did before I attended the OD and had some doubts too.

Even so , I do believe that every experience you have, must be based in your personal impressions, so even hearing those comments and feedbacks , I decided to give it a try ( as like you , I always wanted to fly ). And everything went just right , I can't complain now, I am having a great time, they have many regulations? THEY DO! the country is more strict than the UAE? IT IS! but how things go , and wether if you like it or not, it will only depend on you.

Buena suerte ahi!!!:}

GirlWithQuestions
6th May 2009, 14:41
This may sound like a stupid question but is it true that in Doha the internet has so many blocking that you cant even use the messenger and stuff like that??

ChinoA
6th May 2009, 15:03
Of course you can! I do! you cant access forbidden content sites ( you know...xxx sites ) though.:}

jcristobalb
6th May 2009, 16:37
How many made it to the final interview for qatar airways??

smilingbutterfly
6th May 2009, 23:36
Is anyone attending the OD in Cape Town on May 23rd? I am a bit weary after hearing all the bad comments. Are there any current QR crew that have something nice to say about the airline? Also, does anyone tell me if one has applied online for the OD in CT and doesn't hear anything until then, does that mean you shouldn't attend or can you still attend because it's an open day?

Smiling Butterfly :)

GirlWithQuestions
7th May 2009, 06:16
ChinoA,
thanks for your answer.

So they provide you with internet access in your room for your laptop?

GirlWithQuestions
7th May 2009, 12:27
Good to know that, i really need the internet to stay in touch with my family.

Thanx!

Chowdhury
7th May 2009, 13:11
but they are trying to be more flexible as they are hiring more western people.

Yeah, right... QR? Never gonna happen!

esemgi
7th May 2009, 18:09
Hey everybody! I am not a regular visitor to this website since anxiety is killing me, I attended the OD in Asunción on Feb, 21st. I had my final interwiew on Feb, 24th, with two nice recruiters, one from Argentina and the other from Slovakia. We were not a lot, but it was very competitive, full of current or former Cabin Crew and even people from Brasil and Argentina.
One week after that I received a call from DOH telling me that I need a new picture, because in the one I sent them my hair was too short (just shaved my head one week before the OD, so, as a recomendation, DON'T do that) and I need to send a new one with a proper haircut. I told them it would take 2 to 3 weeks to be long enough, and they said it was ok. So one month later, on March, 24th I sent them my new picture and 10 days after that I received the Congratulations! email where they ask me to do my medicals, thing can be worst, it was Holy Week, in a Catholic country, that means no work and no doctors, I could manage to take some test with the help of a girl who was already booked to travel on April, 30th. She was really helpful and I went to the same doctor she went (then I realize that almost all the people selected visited the same doctors and it was really easy, because I could tell them to do the same as they did to them, for the reports)
Send them One week later, and it tooked 10 days to get news from them: I need to repeat my ECG, because the report was not legible. I did, and last wednesday I sent it. Now it's been one week since don't get any news from them, of course I am still waiting.
In that email they also told me that I am tentative booked to travel in May, so I guess they booked me for training that starts on May, 18th.
A lot of waiting and waiting, now I realize that it's been more than 10 weeks. Besides the hairstyle for the boys, I see there is no recomendation at all that I can give, but I just wanted to share my experience. Oh, I almost forget, I have a mark on my hair, a piece of white hair since I was born, they told me that for the pictures and if I get hired I need to keep it cover all the time or dye it permanently, I don't mind, but it can be really anoying.

Un abrazo a todos!

Esemgi

jcristobalb
7th May 2009, 18:19
You should call them or e-mail them, they are very nice just ask them if they have any updates!

Tango5709
7th May 2009, 19:47
Hello everyone! is anyone here going to the OD in Buenos Aires Argentina? I'm going to give it a try, who knows, hehehehe, if someone else is going GOOD LUCK to everybody!!!!:ok:

Brownskin
8th May 2009, 19:34
I think it would be nice, if someone who just joined Qr recently and did his/her interview around Jan-March, to tell those of us dying of anxiety, how long it really takes to get cleared and finally the Job offer.
You guys should help us.Don't you maybe remember how much you struggled before you went through.
Save us all the worry and the stress we are experiencing.

Waiting to hear from you.
Thank you

Emma Gemma
8th May 2009, 19:44
Brownskin,

It depends on how long it takes for you to be cleared medically. Also, if you are a guy it might take a bit longer as they have less courses available (they train girls and boys separetly and take on more girls).

Four to six weeks would probably be average. I had to wait around five weeks before I moved to Qatar! There are exceptions when it's taken a lot longer and shorter than that!

Brownskin
8th May 2009, 20:19
Thanks Emma.
You wouldn't know how much trouble you've saved me from.
I was going to do something that would have left me crazy,
if i didn't confirm this.
You've saved my life.
Thank you a million time.

I think it would be sensible ,if those guys who have received congrats emails and have forwarded their Meds, NOT to RESIGN from their positions, just as warned in the Congrats email, until further notice from Qr.
Learn from others experiences.

Emma Gemma
8th May 2009, 20:51
No! Whatever you do: don't resign until QR has given you clearance and adviced you to do so!

bobo_elg
10th May 2009, 08:21
guys i have attended the open day in Dubai and it was as MISERABLE u cant imagine how it goes there, it was about 1500 candidates and most of them weren`t nice at all they start pushing and crashing people to get in,girls were screaming and some of them fell down and others fainted it was mess over there and the recruiters didnt move a finger about that, any way i made it to the final interview :}:}:}

Tango5709
10th May 2009, 09:37
I atended to the OD in Buenos Aires yesterday, it was only 160 people,we just watched a video and they took our resumes, I was 100 % Sure I was qualified for the Job, I'm young ,I'm healthy, I'm nice looking, I'm very nice and servicial person,always with a smile on my face, I'm a certified flight attenandt by the Argentinean Air force,I have a lot of experience over 8 years in customer care, hotel bussiness and restaurant as well, it was all in my resume, I was SHOCKED when they didn't call me for the next interview, I mean they didnt even give the chance to speak to them and tell them a little about me...my resume looked so neat and complete,with very nice pics and everything, I did a lot of research about Qatar state and Qatar Airways just to let them know I cared for the position,in case they asked me, I prepared my self so much for that interview, and I was so dessapointed when I didnt get the call.
I'm really sad, I just can't believe this happened to me, it was very important to me to get in.
God works in very strange ways, I hope I have sometime better in my way than Qatar Airways.
God bless all of you, and good luck to everyone with everything you do.
Love.
GD.

Brownskin
10th May 2009, 19:31
Tango5709,
I'm really sorry to hear that.
When God closes one door, he has the right one opened for you.It's his way of pushing you to the one, you must go into.

As for me, I went there plain, no makeup,undone hair and had a trouser suit on, all which made me nervous.My photos were a mess,but still i believed it's better to try than to just ignore altogether.So, i went there and sat among current cabin crews from other airlines,who had a right answer to every question we were asked.Infact we would look at some of the guys and pity ourselves, for coming for an interview,the way we did.
To make the story short I went through up to the last interview and offcourse got the Congrats email.
But it's been hell doing the Medicals,which usually should be done after one receives the Congrats email.Now am waiting to be medically cleared.

My advice; Just be who you are, because you can't be someone else.
By the way the guys who made it from here,were not the best dressed and the funny thing is that most of us recycled the clads we had on for the whole 3 days, the OD,Preliminary selection and the final interview took..

What can we say.....Everything happens for a reason

Brownskin
10th May 2009, 19:45
Bobo-elg,
Congratulations..
I hope you receive the Congrats email soon.
You must feel great after making it from such a multitude.
Anyway mine was to advice you to do a thourough research on the most Medicals examinations you might have to undergo,listed on the forms you got at the last interview..
Check where you'll do them in time and appropriately, they might turn out a heck of a problem,especially if you are in a non-English speaking country.
All the best

abigailnoo
10th May 2009, 20:23
Anyone has already got the medical cleared, employment contract with QR and the exact DOJ in May or June?

Please let us know...Thanks!

qwerty_asdf
11th May 2009, 01:31
hi abigail, still waiting for the employment contract?? when is your DOJ? im still waiting also

pbaustria
11th May 2009, 02:01
Hey guys! If you have scoliosis, what is the maximum degress do they allow before they accept you as an FA? Thanks.

qwerty_asdf
11th May 2009, 02:24
pbaustria,

im not sure.. i know someone who got in, and cleared her medicals. she hav scoliosis. 15 degree.. mine is 18 degree.. mild scoliosis with recomendation fit to wok as cabin crew... how about you? im still waiting for their offer of emplyment..

Negstyle89
11th May 2009, 04:24
hey i got a phone call phone QA like 3 days ago tellling me my medical is all clear!! :} just wanted to let u know guys!

pinkylicious
11th May 2009, 06:41
hey chinoA,

you got in with QA ??
I remember you from the Ek posts!
If so congrats!

P.s: is QA worthwhile applying??

qwerty_asdf
11th May 2009, 07:12
negstyle,

how long u wait?

Negstyle89
11th May 2009, 07:59
qwerty, i had to repeat some tests so it took quite long. actually, i think it took like two and a half week to get the medical clearence.

bobo_elg
11th May 2009, 08:37
Brownskin (http://www.pprune.org/members/297192-brownskin),
iam living now in dubai its an english speaking country and every thing comes in english but i cant understand why medical is too hard to get, iam a non smoker and not suffering from any illness or under any treatment , so is it still hard for me??? please guys how ve go through that a little helpppp here :rolleyes::rolleyes: